Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Now let's see how many of the tail end of the Human Centipedes actually start repeating that.
    People have been saying this since Obama was elected, only because they don't know what it means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny that Ann Cooter is dropping Trump. Expected, but funny all the same.

But this is something I've said since I've been politically aware: The GOP hates losers. As soon as you demonstrate the inability to win, they'll drop you. It happens with politicians, it happens with grifters and other right wing influencers who get into some kind of controversy or road bump. If you're not winning, you're losing. And the GOP hates losers. Why do you think they had such a fixation on #winning? This is all a big game of sports to them. You can tell by how unseriously they take it all. They expect politics to be entertaining, to be maximally efficient and effective at all times, they expect a lot of things out of politics that are just impossible or not there BY DESIGN.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    When the chips are down, these "civilized" people...they'll eat each other.
    -- the Joker

Hold my Diet Pepsi
    -- the Trump

Trump's legal team on the Mar-a-Lago case have found a new strategy: a sacrifice of one of their own. Namely Evan Corcoran, last seen here:

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is walking up to the precipice and spitting in the face of it all. The attorney is question is about to slide over to criminal status, wherein the attorney client privilege is removed, because the attorney was culpable in the crimes being committed, rather than just providing legal advice.

For those that haven't heard of this, it's basically the mob family head and lawyer breaking the law, and then trying to hide all the evidence behind attorney/client privilege. At some point that legal barrier falls away, because the crimes being committed were within the scope of the communications between the attorney and the other criminal.

Remember folks - no one survives supporting Trump, except tRuMp.
    Since conspiracy is on the table and that would immediately drag Trump's fat ass to the stand, the defense has shifted: blame Corcoran for everything. Instruct Trump to call Corcoran a covfefe boy he doesn't know, and say all the lying, all the obstruction, all the stealing of documents and stonewalling the FBI, that it was all him.

The only thing missing are hooded robes and a pentagram.1

Some of the former president’s lawyers have explicitly told Trump that, based on information they have privately reviewed, they believe the Department of Justice has a strong case against Corcoran, arguing charges — including potentially for obstruction of justice — are “very likely,” the sources said. These advisers have argued that if the Justice Department indeed does come for Corcoran, it’s imperative for Trump to distance himself to avoid being dragged into possible further legal jeopardy by his own attorney.

Trump, the sources say, sounded “receptive” to their perspective. However, as of mid-February, it appears he wasn’t as receptive as they had hoped: Corcoran is still on Trump’s legal team.

Since last year, as the various investigations and criminal probes into Trump have swelled, members of the former president’s inner sanctum have kept a rotating roster of their top potential patsies or fall guys. This has included prominent Trump associates and lieutenants including Mark Meadows and John Eastman. Now, Corcoran has found himself at the center of this MAGA parlor game of protecting Trump at all costs — even though all of these people are getting in trouble only for doing exactly what Trump told them to do, or for taking action on Trump’s behalf. Furthermore, Corcoran’s defenders point to the fact that Trump’s teams of lawyers are typically rife with backbiting, in-fighting, and at times power struggles, including on the Mar-a-Lago documents case, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.

“These types of motions [requesting that a judge nullify attorney-client privilege based on the crime-fraud exception] would only be served upon the attorneys who’ve appeared in the case: Jim Trusty, John Rowley, Evan Corcoran, Tim Parlatore, and Lindsey Halligan; the five of them would be the only people who have access to these documents,” says a person familiar with the internal proceedings of Trump’s legal team. “Any source other than that would not be speaking from a position of access and would likely be speaking based on their own personal agenda, rather than actual facts. [Furthermore], when DOJ targets lawyers, it is often being done from a position of weakness in their underlying case, as a method of undermining the integrity of the defense legal team. Removal of Evan Corcoran … would serve the purpose of giving DOJ exactly what it wanted.”
    I'm not sure I agree with that last part. I don't think the DOJ is going after Corcoran because their case is weak. It's hard to say "there's no evidence" when they carried out fifteen boxes of it.

But that bolded part? Exactly what the Joker was saying about the worst of humanity. Now, I don't think all lawyers are infighting backstabbing traitors. I mean, why would I say that to cubby's face when I could say it behind his back oh shit he can read this when I don't think he fits that category? Plenty of lawyers take on cases of public interest, or go after bullying corporations trying to be above the law.

*ahem*

But.

Look at the last two years and change. Look at Trump's legal issues. I think Trump is out of people representing him out of ethical dilligence, or even just for the money. I think Trump, well-known for firing anyone who disagrees with him, is down to only people just like him: they're sociopathic, they're vindictive, and they love Trump more than anything else.

Nothing about the pattern we've seen so far suggests this Rolling Stone article is anything but true. These "civilized" people are eating each other.

Rather than invoke the Prisoner's Dilemma, I'll ask an easier question: Corcoran surely knows this is happening. How can you not react when your own goddam name hits the headlines? If you knew, not just suspected but knew, that the rest of your colleagues were going to accuse you of a crime and your own boss was going to disown you when that happened, what would you do? Or, let's make it more clear, what would you expect sociopathic, vindictive cultist Corcoran to do?

1Well, maybe they already have hooded robes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Funny that Ann Cooter is dropping Trump. Expected, but funny all the same.
    It's like, the fifth time at least (despite her book on the topic). It's really boring, like everything Coulter has done in the past decade or so. As the Republican party continues to shift rightward and become more extreme, the crazy things she used to say for attention are now what elected Republican politicians say daily.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/21/u...smid=url-share

When asked if there were going to be indictments against Trump, the Georgia special grand jury said "You're not going to be shocked. It's not rocket science."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    the Georgia special grand jury said
    "We don't get to make that call, the DA does."

Okay sarcasm aside, quoting the article because my NYTimes sub better be worth something dammit.

A special grand jury that investigated election interference by Trump and his allies in Georgia recommended indictments of multiple people on a range of charges in its report, most of which remains sealed, the forewoman of the jury said in an interview today.

“It is not a short list,” the forewoman, Emily Kohrs, said, adding that the jury had appended eight pages of legal code “that we cited at various points in the report.”

She declined to discuss who specifically the special grand jury recommended for indictment, since the judge handling the case decided to keep those details secret when he made public a few sections of the report last week. But seven sections that are still under wraps deal with indictment recommendations, Ms. Kohrs said.

Asked whether the jurors had recommended indicting Mr. Trump, Ms. Kohrs gave a cryptic answer: “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science,” adding “you won’t be too surprised.”

A focal point of the Atlanta inquiry is a call that Mr. Trump made on Jan. 2, 2021, to Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, in which he pressed Mr. Raffensperger, a fellow Republican, to recalculate the results and “find” 11,780 votes, or enough to overturn his loss in the state.

“We definitely started with the first phone call, the call to Secretary Raffensperger that was so publicized,” said Ms. Kohrs, whom The Associated Press first named and spoke with on Tuesday about the election meddling investigation.

“I will tell you that if the judge releases the recommendations, it is not going to be some giant plot twist,” she added. “You probably have a fair idea of what may be in there. I’m trying very hard to say that delicately.”
    I am not going to predict who or when. Only that I hope y'all have Genn Greymane on speed dial -- the popcorn must be prepared!

15+ Year Old Account
    https://apnews.com/article/politics-...233e0f770f6729

Cassidy Hutchinson was apparently far more forthcoming about the inner workings of the Trump WH than her boss Mark Meadows.

- - - Updated - - -

While the forewoman of the grand jury probably needs to shut her mouth, lest Trump get an appeal (Which he's going to file for whether or not it's valid) it's pretty good to know that we're going to finally be seeing some indictments.

10+ Year Old Account
    lest Trump get an appeal
    Like you said, he's going to file regardless on the grounds of "I just don't want to be found guilty for all that stuff I did", but you're suggesting the grand jury's statement would contaminate the jury pool?

- - - Updated - - -

So interesting to watch FoxNews cover the small and unenthusiastic 139 person crowd in Staten Island for DeSantis, but stay as far away as possible from coverage of the thousands of people, many unable to get in, at the Club 47 event in West Palm Beach, Florida.

I call FoxNews the RINO Network, and their DOWN BIG Ratings accurately reflect the name.

If FAKE NEWS CNN was smart, which they’re not, they’d go Conservative & “All Trump, All the Time,” like in 2016, and become a Ratings Juggernaut.
    Trump is making friends tonight, isn't he? Oh, and of course, not only did he brag about beating someone who's not even running, you and I both heard that speech of his. That room was echo-y. I don't think that room was full. And I say that safely in the knowledge that narcisist Trump always has the camera on him -- especially when the crowd is empty.

Since Trump called out FOX News as a bad source of news, I feel I should get five more CNN points. I mean, if FOX News is that bad, surely CNN must be a better source, right? Trump even said CNN would beat FOX News at their own game. So, five more.

So interesting to watch FoxNews cover the small and unenthusiastic 139 person crowd in Staten Island for DeSantis, but stay as far away as possible from coverage of the thousands of people, many unable to get in, at the Club 47 event in West Palm Beach, Florida.

I call FoxNews the RINO Network, and their DOWN BIG Ratings accurately reflect the name.

If FAKE NEWS CNN was smart, which they’re not, they’d go Conservative & “All Trump, All the Time,” like in 2016, and become a Ratings Juggernaut.
    I guess he can't remember the name of his own supporter's club or which number president he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    I guess he can't remember the name of his own supporter's club or which number president he was.
    If "Club 47" is referring to the Presidency, Trump would be the 47th if he was elected again in 2024.

Yeah but the name of the club he was talking in front of is Club 45. Formed to support the re-election of the 45th president of the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two wholesome face paint enthusiasts from a shitty part of Detroit
    Fucking Numbers? How do they work?
    /10littlehatchetmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If "Club 47" is referring to the Presidency, Trump would be the 47th if he was elected again in 2024.
    Yeah but the name of the club he was talking in front of is Club 45. Formed to support the re-election of the 45th president of the United States.
    He renamed it. It was barely covered in the news because it was such a low-energy announcement by a low-energy man who barely filled the room of the club he owns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone tell Club 45. https://club45usa.com/
    " this club is an independent club and is not affiliated with any candidate, committee or political party. "

Some bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    " this club is an independent club and is not affiliated with any candidate, committee or political party. "

Some bullshit.
    Are you accusing a conservative group of being grifters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you accusing a conservative group of being grifters?
    Not in that sentence, no. I am saying Club 45/47/pi over four/whatever is clearly associated with the candidate Donald Trump. They even say so in the same paragraph. That line is a lie, likely for tax purposes, or to collect donations and keep them for themselves. Oh, then yes, I'm saying they're grifters.

Trying to spread my Trump love around on East Palestine, Ohio

“Unfortunately, as you know, in too many cases your goodness and perseverance were met with indifference and betrayal in some cases,” Trump said. “And Biden and FEMA said they would not send aid to East Palestine under any circumstance.”

There is video out there, not time to find clip but this is his lie on it.

Donald Trump attempts to take credit for FEMA providing aid to East Palestine, OH.

Vid in this link

Trump also says Norfolk Southern must fulfill its promises.

I'm telling you people. The Don showing up lying and spinning that he is helping the people of East Palestine. Politics baby!

Dumb and shit ass Dems just standing by and not being pro-active. I always say Dems just passively stay the punching bags and only strategy is hope the Republicans mess up here. Republicans here say "fuck our deregulations" let's attack Dems.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The Don showing up lying and spinning that he is helping the people of East Palestine.
    Trump admin pulling millions from FEMA disaster relief to send to southern border

The Trump administration is pulling $271 million in funding from the Department of Homeland Security, including the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Disaster Relief Fund, to pay for immigration detention space and temporary hearing locations for asylum-seekers who have been forced to wait in Mexico, according to department officials and a letter sent to the agency by a California congresswoman.

To fund temporary locations for court hearings for asylum-seekers along the southern border, ICE would gain $155 million, all from FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund, according to the letter from Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., which was seen by NBC News.

The allocations were sent to Congress as a notification rather than a request, because the administration believes it has the authority to repurpose these funds after Congress did not pass more funding for ICE detention beds as part of an emergency funding bill for the southwest border in June.

Trump swiped $44 billion from FEMA as he undermined unemployment negotiations before Hurricane Laura

Trump issued a memorandum allowing states to use $44 billion from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to pay $300 per week in enhanced federal unemployment benefits earlier this month. The move came after Trump and Senate Republicans refused to budge on their demands to slash boosted unemployment benefits, repeating a widely-debunked claim that the extra pandemic aid was a disincentive for workers to return to their jobs. House Democrats, meanwhile, approved a full extension of the $600-per-week benefit back in May.

US miscalculated benefit of better train brakes

Trump’s administration miscalculated the potential benefits of putting better brakes on trains that haul explosive fuels when it scrapped an Obama-era rule over cost concerns, The Associated Press has found.

A government analysis used to justify the cancellation omitted up to $117 million in estimated future damages from train derailments that could be avoided by using electronic brakes. Revelation of the error stoked renewed criticism Thursday from the rule’s supporters, who called the analysis biased.

Department of Transportation officials acknowledged the mistake after it was discovered by the AP during a review of federal documents. They said a correction will be published to the federal register.

But transportation spokesman Bobby Fraser said the decision not to require the brakes would stand under a Congressional act that said the costs couldn’t exceed the rule’s benefits.

“This was an unintentional error,” Fraser. “With the correction, in all scenarios costs still outweigh benefits.”

The Trump administration pulled an Obama-era rule requiring better brakes on trains, claiming it wasn't cost effective, and then also cut FEMA's budget. While this specific train accident would not have been prevented by these brakes -- yes we do know that -- it doesn't change the fact that Trump willfully lowered train safety, willfully lowered FEMA's ability to handle a chemical spill, and is now claiming he did the opposite. He did not respect his own role as authority over both while he was in the WH, and therefore, there's no reason to believe he respects it now.

Trump lied. I believe this especially blatant lie should be shoved in the faces of Trump supporters the next time they emerge from their bunker to post something.

Okay I think we are missing each other here.

Just to be clear my post was talking about Trump right now during Biden on February 22, 2023 taking credit for FEMA and any aid incoming or has arrived at this moment. This is typical Trump the conman taking credit for another person's work.

I think you are showing his previous acts of stealing money to feed his politics. Something oh btw since he did this shit precedent I wish Dems would steal this from the playbook.

Anyways, Trump is a con no matter what lie it was.

US miscalculated benefit of better train brakes

The Trump administration pulled an Obama-era rule requiring better brakes on trains, claiming it wasn't cost effective, and then also cut FEMA's budget. While this specific train accident would not have been prevented by these brakes -- yes we do know that -- it doesn't change the fact that Trump willfully lowered train safety, willfully lowered FEMA's ability to handle a chemical spill, and is now claiming he did the opposite. He did not respect his own role as authority over both while he was in the WH, and therefore, there's no reason to believe he respects it now.

Trump lied. I believe this especially blatant lie should be shoved in the faces of Trump supporters the next time they emerge from their bunker to post something.
    Yes. The good ole where regulation pay for themselves. The Republican or conservative brain of let's don't spend $100 million, but later costs us $200 million or more in the future. Somehow we can't convince people of this.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!