Vanilla Ice better watch his fuckin back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Happy Friday. Trump fandom meets Rapper Poseur for all new lows... get this guy his own special admin district Florida!
    I legit thought there was a rapper named Poseur. I saw a guy who looks like he's in the Heck's Angels training wheel brigade and Poseur seemed like a logical name.

His Rolls-Royce is painted cotton-candy pink and neon blue. It’s covered in drawings of dollar bills, Bitcoins, piggy banks—and Richie Rich. On the hood are the words “Trump’s Nephew.”
    Did his mom get $130000?

More importantly, did he get license to use Richie Rich and the Guy from Monopoly, Mone-wait a fucking minute. What the fuck? They put a Christian cross on Moneybag's head like it's Ash Wednesday on Wall Street? Richie Bitch has 2 R's overlapping for his name. The angel with the same face looks to have the same markings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He rapped about guns and women
    I'm just going to take a guess what his lyrics say about those before clicking the link.

Done. Now to check my answers by checking a random song's lyrics...hoo boy.
    -- Let's Go Brandon
    -- 4 More Years
    -- Patriot Sweep
    -- Vanilla Sprite (that one's for @Edge- )
    -- MAGA
    -- Proud American
    -- No Vaccine
    -- White Pounds (as in, he has a lot of them?)
    -- Civil War
    -- Trump Train
    -- Trump City
    -- Trump and DeSantis
    -- Like Trump
    -- Vote Donald Trump
    -- Trump Won!
    -- My Trump Song (remix)
    -- White History Month
    -- No Mask No Vax
    -- Silver Spoon
    -- Don't Tread on Me
    -- Rittenhouse 2
    -- Build That Wall

"Breccia, I thought you were looking for guns and women songs?"

I can't fucking find them, okay? It's all...this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Vanilla Ice better watch his fuckin back!
    Well, Ice actually had success. The only thing this guy has is the clown car that the MAGA fanatics to drive around in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-m...es-report-says

I would come up with a funny quip for this news but Daily Beast did it for me.

Mark ‘Voter Fraud’ Meadows Was Registered to Vote in Three States, Report Says
    What states?

Meadows was registered to vote in North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina.
    I heard having multiple registrations is a HUGE problem for Republicans and I'm sure we'll hear from them aaaannnnyyyyyy moment now.

Because he's still registered in Virginia and South Carolina, having been removed from the North Carolina voter rolls by the state given that he doesn't live there and didn't meet their residency requirements to register there to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans and Voter Fraud: "We're sure it exists because we're doing it ourselves!"
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    Happy Friday. Trump fandom meets Rapper Poseur for all new lows... get this guy his own special admin district Florida!
    This guy makes music for people who know exactly how much Sudafed you're legally allowed to buy at Rite Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This guy makes music for people who know exactly how much Sudafed you're legally allowed to buy at Rite Aid.
    He makes music for people who don't know what "machine" Rage Against the Machine is raging against.

He makes music for people who think tap water is turning frogs gay.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcca...ol-riot-2022-4

"I've had it with this guy. What he did is unacceptable. Nobody can defend that, and nobody should defend it."
    Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on January 10 in a call with House Republicans.

"'I think this will pass and it would be my recommendation you should resign,'"
    McCarthy, telling Republicans what he planned to tell Trump.

Since then he's obviously softened his tone considerably, showing his belly to Trump in an act of pure submissiveness. What a simp/cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    DWAC stock price rose today--

"Yeah! MAGA!"

Yes, it's back over $40 again.

"Yeah! Wait, what?"

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention, it fucking tanked yesterday. It was $38 at the end of trading. It is back to $40.56 now. Barring a miracle, DWAC will lose 18% this trading week.

"But why did it drop so much?"

You mean, besides being an investment deal from Trump? Well, that last post on the topic, honestly. Remember how I posted that short-selling hedge fund expert who said the SEC would never approve a deal this shady? Apparently, a lot of people read the article.

This price is significant, because it's never really been this low. When the stock went open trading it shot up from $10 to $175 and then started declining. It reversed course in late November, when announcements about its future were made, bottoming out at $43 and change. It continued to rise until almost $100 on March 4 when people realized those wait lists were not going anywhere and slid down to...now.

Trump's social media platform is worth less now, than it has ever been -- barring a few minutes on its first day.

Now bear in mind, buying for $10 and selling six months later for $40 is really not all that bad, considering. But...
    1) if you were going to buy low and sell high, you would have sold a while ago
    2) I remain skeptical how many current stockholders bought at $10. I think the literal majority of them bought on the stock's first launch when the price jumped over $10 in a fucking heartbeat.

This NYTimes article is mostly about Elon Musk threatening to buy Twitter and unban Trump, but it has other info.

The merger has moved slowly since it was announced six months ago. That’s about the average length of time that SPACs like Digital World are taking to go from an announcement to a completed merger this year, according to Dealogic, a deal tracking service.

Digital World has yet to file a critical registration document, called an S-4, which is an important milestone in any merger or acquisition. An S-4 would typically be filed within two months of a deal announcement, said Mike Stegemoller, a finance professor at Baylor University who studies SPACs, a kind of shell company that goes public with the intention of merging with a private company. Digital World’s annual report promised the S-4 would be filed “as promptly as practicable.”

Regulators are scrutinizing the deal because a SPAC is not supposed to go public with a potential deal in its sights. The New York Times previously reported that another SPAC that Mr. Orlando leads, Benessere Capital Acquisition Corp., was the initial intended merger partner for Trump Media, but those negotiations broke down when some board members balked at doing a deal with a company led by Mr. Trump. In a recent filing, Benessere said negotiations with an unnamed “media and technology company” ended in August, not long before Digital World went public.

Bla bla bla down 95% bla bla bla only ever posted once bla bla bla high-ranking executives left bla bla bla covfefe
    Basically, the only people involved in this project acting like competent professionals are the ones walking away.

There is a deadline, Sept 8 or maybe 20, after which DWAC can nope the fuck out and hand out refunds at their original price of $10. (That's why the stock will not drop below $10) As listed above, that's normally enough time. But the SEC has to sign off on it first, and considering the shady pre-trading deals involved, probably won't.

And of course, as the NYTimes and others have pointed out, if Musk buys Twitter and also unbans Trump (proving that Musk is okay with people promoting violence and sedition on his network) Trump will just give up and let everyone lose their money that they bet on him. Trump has shown less than minimum effort setting up an opportunity to make large piles of cash at a time he seems to need it. It's baffling. Well, baffling if you rule out incompetence and laziness.

"Okay, but why did it go up, then?"

Because they made the headlines. CyberTrump 2077 will now be hosting their video on the highly-successful mega-powerful yuge super bigly yuge platform Rumble.

"...who?"

Yeah, that was my reaction too. But each of them claims the other is a bigly yuge get and they're so super excited, I wonder if

Yeah. That.

We are excited to partner with one of the fastest-growing social media companies on the internet. Providing top-notch cloud infrastructure is essential, and Truth Social users will start to see the fruits of our efforts immediately
    -- Rumble

Yesterday, Truth Social and Rumble took a major stride toward rescuing the internet from the grip of the Big Tech tyrants. Our teams have worked tirelessly to realize this great endeavor. Rumble's cloud infrastructure is second to none and will be the backbone for the restoration of free speech online for ages to come
    -- Nunesya Business

Rumble is exactly the size and success level of company you'd expect from an announcement that Trump's social media platform is doing well. They have about 20 million users, also known as "one-sixth of what YouTube gets every day" but that's still provably 19.5 million users more than CyberTrump 2077. And, while maybe they're not setting the business world on fire, they have been around for 8 years. Basically, Rumble is doing for CyberTrump 2077 what that guy who only runs LFR does by bringing along an ilvl 129 newbie in greens who picked up the game yesterday.

I should also point out, Nunes did also yesterday say there would be massive upgrades, truly massive, like nothing you've ever seen, which I admit might also have helped. That's why nobody could post from 5 to 7AM today. Well, I did see quite a few posts from quite a few members -- on Reddit, Twitter and FB of course -- that CyberTrump 2077 was running slowly. Let's check back in!

[Updated] Truth Social down, sign up not working, waiting list issues, all related bugs/problems, news & updates

Huh. What are the odds. To be fair, I wandered the Reddit threads and didn't see any posts either way. With the exception of posters mocking the platform, there are very few posts overall on the topic. Fallout 76's trading site gets multiple posts an hour. Truth Social is lucky to get multiple posts a week.

These giant announcements from these (cough) social media giants made DWAC's stock price rise...(checks ticker) to $40.73, a bit over 7%, almost immediately on opening. Then, nothing. Yep, this yuge news got them back to the second lowest closing price they've ever had.

More failed republican/trump pushed policies reveled (again)

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/22/cuts...ys-report.html

In the world of, No Duh.... Cuts to unemployment benefits didn’t spur jobs, report says

About half of states cut federal unemployment benefits in June or July 2021, a few months ahead of their scheduled expiration.
    State officials thought pulling funds would help ease the challenges employers were facing in hiring workers.
    But a paper by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco found that policy didn’t seem to have its intended effect on employment.

State cuts to pandemic unemployment benefits last summer had a small impact on hiring, suggesting enhanced funding for the unemployed didn’t play a big role in labor shortages, according to a recent report.

But an analysis by researchers at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco found states that withdrew benefits early didn’t experience the intended effect of spurring a big increase in jobs. It compared hiring rates from July to September 2021 in the states that ended benefits with those that kept them intact.

Source = https://www.frbsf.org/economic-resea...ce-withdrawal/

Hiring picked up a minuscule 0.2 percentage point in the “cutoff” states compared to the benefit-keeping states — a “quite small” increase considering states’ average monthly hiring rates of about 4%-5%, according to the analysis.

Put differently, if a state that maintained federal benefits had a 4.5% hiring rate, a state that cut them would have had a 4.7% rate.

“That would be pretty much imperceptible,” said Robert Valletta, senior vice president and associate director of research at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, who co-authored the analysis.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All it does is create poverty.
    I believe the saying is "the cruelty is the point".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird how cutting social safety nets only hurts people who rely on them. It doesn't solve budgetary issues. It doesn't force those who needed those benefits to find jobs. All it does is create poverty.
    Why didn't they just die of exposure like a responsible adult?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my way home in a taxi from a sime drinks downtown with friends and I've watched this court video twice and.. how can anyone sane place a vote on a person that doesn't understand basic concepts so the question at hand needs to be repeated 5+ counts and the outcome after that is "Eh, I dunno"

Greene says she can’t remember if she urged Trump to impose martial law to stay in power ahead of Jan. 6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/21/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-expected-testify-about-jan-6/

Edit: clarification, the article name is not what the video is about as a whole, the video is about her not being able to agree to a simple defintion layed out in law as being criminal as being just that.
    The text cover the title as well but the video is.. Well im lost for words.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-04-22 at 08:22 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Y'all wanna see Madison Cawthorn wearing women's lingerie? It's not super gross, but yeah, it's still kinda gross.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...hotos-00027286

I don't know man, he rocks those earrings and that bra, it's a good look for him.

But you know, this is the same guy telling mothers to raise their boys to be "monsters".

I think that we have bred a generation of soft men and that generation has created a lot of problems in our society and our culture,” he said in March 2021 on a podcast “designed to reclaim and restore masculinity in a society that is ever more dismissive of what it means to be a man.”
    Oh all the delicious irony in this statement is just delectable.

MADISON CAWTHORN IN DRAG Y'ALL (not really but we'll roll with it)

Y'all wanna see Madison Cawthorn wearing women's lingerie? It's not super gross, but yeah, it's still kinda gross.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...hotos-00027286

I don't know man, he rocks those earrings and that bra, it's a good look for him.

But you know, this is the same guy telling mothers to raise their boys to be "monsters".

Oh all the delicious irony in this statement is just delectable.

MADISON CAWTHORN IN DRAG Y'ALL (not really but we'll roll with it)
    Oh, this calls for this old song. This should be played by someone at each of his rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panel asks court to force Meadows to cooperate in the murderous insurrection investigation.

"Don't they need probable cause?"

Yes, it's his texts that even FOX News has published by now.

As a reminder, Meadows has refused to testify on the grounds that he doesn't want to. No, really, that's all he's got. He does not have Executive Privilege.

The Select Committee’s filing today urges the Court to reject Mark Meadows’s baseless claims and put an end to his obstruction of our investigation. Mr. Meadows is hiding behind broad claims of executive privilege even though much of the information we’re seeking couldn’t possibly be covered by privilege and courts have rejected similar claims because the committee’s interest in getting to the truth is so compelling

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...al-2022-04-23/

Republicans are at it again. This time a North Carolina party official demanded access to voting equipment - which nobody was allowed - while threatening to have the county election director fired or her pay cut if she didn't.

He claimed that there was a "chip" in the machines that flipped Trump votes, because I guess more than 1.5 years post-election some Republicans just can't get over the fact that their candidate lost.

He was asking for her to break the law, by the way. Granting him access would have been illegal.

Can we just start tossing these fashies in prison and treating Republican party officials as a de-facto risk to our democracy and the security of our elections, already?

10+ Year Old Account
    He claimed that there was a "chip" in the machines
    Without clicking that link or its mirrors, I'm just going to assume he made this claim despite presenting no evidence, such as witnesses or schematics.

(reads article)

Yup. Also, this:

Exactly how Senter planned to retaliate against Huff remains unclear. He claimed to have the backing of Surry County commissioners, all five of whom are Republican, to take action against her. But neither Senter nor the commission has any official power over her job, which rests with the state election board. The state board has three Democratic members and two Republican members.
    As you already pointed out, asking someone to break the law should just flat-out fail. Worst case scenario, they look, find no chip, and leave. Yes, that's worst because it means they give in to this insanity. Best case, the state board and any judges that are pulled into this bullshit say "No, fuck off".

EDIT: And I'm sure I've said this before, but since it keeps coming up it bears repeating. When a claim like this is made with no evidence of any kind, and that claim and nothing else is used to justify an intrusive action (say, opening up and likely breaking voting machines) it should also be used the other way around. I think Senter has evidence in his house about the Russians he's been working with to overthrow the US government. I think we should be allowed to toss his house, comb his bank records, and read his phone records/texts/emails to find it. And I think he should be paid half if he refuses.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-04-23 at 11:25 PM.