Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Ohio voters believe Trump.
    That's fine. And they're going to be drinking toxic sludge for a while because they continue to believe it. There is nothing we can do for people like this. I don't give a fuck if you think Biden needs to step it up or do something. You can't save fucking idiots. It's just like the fucking idiots sucking down horse paste and pine needles to cure covid.

People can either be idiots like Ohioans fawning over Trump or they can use their fucking brain like the rest of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m agreeing because it’s the President’s job to comfort and get answers for these people.
    And I believe it's the leader of the free world's job to focus on genocide by another super power, declaring unprovoked war on an allied country. And I don't believe there's anything you can say about Biden giving a speech in Ukraine that I can't say about Biden giving a speech in Ohio, whereas I can say "Putin probably listened to Biden, the train didn't".

We're not going to agree about nationalism or populism being the way to go. We saw that with Trump, and it went as poorly as everyone predicted.

Ohio voters believe Trump.

And nothing is accomplished by Biden going to Ukraine we can send our support without our president going to Ukraine over our country. That’s what people are seeing and people in Ohio is feeling.
    Then they are fucking ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    That's fine. And they're going to be drinking toxic sludge for a while because they continue to believe it. There is nothing we can do for people like this. I don't give a fuck if you think Biden needs to step it up or do something. You can't save fucking idiots. It's just like the fucking idiots sucking down horse paste and pine needles to cure covid.

People can either be idiots like Ohioans fawning over Trump or they can use their fucking brain like the rest of the country.
    Lol good points. Ok how about this they vote. They might think about this next election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And I believe it's the leader of the free world's job to focus on genocide by another super power, declaring unprovoked war on an allied country. And I don't believe there's anything you can say about Biden giving a speech in Ukraine that I can't say about Biden giving a speech in Ohio, whereas I can say "Putin probably listened to Biden, the train didn't".

We're not going to agree about nationalism or populism being the way to go. We saw that with Trump, and it went as poorly as everyone predicted.
    I don’t think leader of 5he free world is a literal position.

Again we can fully support Ukraine the way we have. Ukraine has a leader he’s simply asking for our support he has that we’ve done that. But we need to take care of the U.S since that’s his job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Then they are fucking ignorant.
    They are also voters scared right now and rightly so.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol good points. Ok how about this they vote. They might think about this next election.

I don’t think leader of 5he free world is a literal position.
    The US has long been thought of as "the leader of the free world."

Again we can fully support Ukraine the way we have. Ukraine has a leader he’s simply asking for our support he has that we’ve done that. But we need to take care of the U.S since that’s his job.
    Supporting Ukraine and weakening Russia is 100% in the interest of the United States.

Just like the US funding the rebuilding of Germany and Japan and supporting South Korea have proved to be more important geopolitically and financially advantageous to the United States than any... well, it being the GOP, the only thing they'd want to "save" government money on is so that they can lower taxes on the rich again.

"The US needs to focus on just the US, screw the rest of the world" is the kind of isolationist bullshit that's fostered by groups that have a pointed interest in seeing the US become weaker. The nazis supported the "America first" (yes, that's exactly what it was called) movement prior to the US' involvement in WW2, and you can bet that Trump's interest in taking the US out of NATO was in Russia's interests. Thankfully, Trump was removed before shit hit the fan with Russia/Ukraine and a real adult could be in charge instead.

The amount of money the US is spending on Ukraine amounts to a rounding error in the defense budget, and "send Ukraine more things to blow up Russian invaders" takes up absolutely zero legislative time and effort. It's basically a rubber stamp that the GOP, unhappy that Biden and the democrats are scoring easy political points from this, and now apparently you as well, are complaining about just to make up problems.

They are also voters scared right now and rightly so.
    People's whose fears align with the fear mongering being peddled by the GOP have fears that are wholly unfounded. So no, they are not "rightly scared" any more than a child is scared of the monster their parent tells them is in their closet because they want the kid to shut up at night.

These are people scared of bathroom designations, who people marry, are concerned about the genitals of athletes, and whether they think teaching history is "too mean to white people." These are people who took time off they had available and spent their disposable income to travel across the country to break into a federal building while expecting zero consequences because they didn't like how an election they lost turned out. These are people convinced that tiny, minuscule populations with little, if any, electoral power, little to no coordination, and little money are somehow the cause of all of the US' problems.

These people, by and large, do not have legitimate concerns, and the legitimate concerns they might actually have are not ones that the GOP will ever address.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-02-23 at 07:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I hate Trump more than anybody and support Biden.

But Trump came through for East Palestine. 13 Pallets of bottled water while Biden is taking photo ops in Ukraine. The President needs to do better.
    Completely expected that take from you, the thing is even if Biden had gone there they would have booed him since they are 90% Trumpist anyway.

This was just a free opportunity for Trump to appear as if he cares.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    East Palestine has a population of 4,761 people, none of whom have to deal with their homes and city being blown up by missiles. Ukraine had 44.39 million people as of 2019 and their whole country dealing with an attempted genocide. Even if you claim to be America first, wtf do you think that says about America? Why would a place like that with such backwards priorities be something worthy of praise or saving?

Some of them might not be voting. Just like some of the people sucking down that horse paste for Covid are no longer voting. Republicans fucking around and finding out is contributing to a rapidly shrinking base.

Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    East Palestine has a population of 4,761 people, none of whom have to deal with their homes and city being blown up by missiles. Ukraine had 44.39 million people as of 2019 and their whole country dealing with an attempted genocide. Even if you claim to be America first, wtf do you think that says about America? Why would a place like that with such backwards priorities be something worthy of praise or saving?
    Despite that Doctor Amadeus says he doesn't like Trump he definitely thinks 'America first'.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we need to take care of the U.S since that’s his job.
    I will just say that Biden can take care of the US even if his feet aren't in Ohio, giving a speech and handing out expired water.

Or, if you think giving a speech on site is that important, then I respond with "well that's why he's in Ukraine, trying to stop a tyrant from destroying an allied country"

I don't understand these clowns.
    Imagine looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking "oh yeah, this looks good, this looks manly".
    He should've also dyed his tongue brown though, to complete the look.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m agreeing because it’s the President’s job to comfort and get answers for these people. I like Biden but I won’t put blinders on for anyone. He needs to step up.
    it is? I thought it was to lead the country.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    it is? I thought it was to lead the country.
    No, he's just a really highly paid helpdesk employee, didn't you know?

He works on Zendesk like the rest of us regular Joes. Because he's a regular Joe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Some of them might not be voting. Just like some of the people sucking down that horse paste for Covid are no longer voting. Republicans fucking around and finding out is contributing to a rapidly shrinking base.
    You are technically right. They won't be voting. There probably will be votes cast in their name though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Sorry people but I'm with the one person; sorta. I'm speaking about politics the stupid thing we call optics. I'm a cynic and pessimist about the hearts and minds of the people who live there, possibly Ohio for the most part. I still wish Biden and Buttigieg would have been more pro-active. I said repeatedly attacking on progressive issues of the deregulation, cutting workers to bare minimum, profits and them effin the unions just a month ago.

The sad part is yes, Fox News and Trump already brainwashed the sheep who are already almost doomed. They swooped in when the deregulated and fight for the profits of these companies, more than Dems. Completely once more said to the sheep; "Look over here folks". Deflecting from the shit they all do. I hate it, I really hate this shit that we have maybe half or more of the people in this country will believe this shit. Cause, the Republicans always know to take the offensive and just.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You are technically right. They won't be voting. There probably will be votes cast in their name though.
    If only they had tried something safer, like huffing bleach, UV light bulbs, or hydroxxxocloriquine. All of which Trump promoted, personally.

Hey, whatever happened to ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, anyhow? I see promos daily for booster shots. I don't see anyone on any media, mass or social, about either drug anymore. Did it turn out to be a wonder drug that instantly cured everyone and prevented them from getting sick forever? Or did people slowly realize that it didn't work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If only they had tried something safer, like huffing bleach, UV light bulbs, or hydroxxxocloriquine. All of which Trump promoted, personally.

Hey, whatever happened to ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, anyhow? I see promos daily for booster shots. I don't see anyone on any media, mass or social, about either drug anymore. Did it turn out to be a wonder drug that instantly cured everyone and prevented them from getting sick forever? Or did people slowly realize that it didn't work?
    Yes. It did the bolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Sorry people but I'm with the one person; sorta.
    Oh, we totally get why the rabid fanbase would buy a big dog and pony show while Biden's off saving the world.

My concern is why Dr. Amadeus was buying into it.

Here it is. Fox News admits Trump dismantled train regulations — after being lobbied by Norfolk Southern — that included requiring trains to update braking standards

Vid embedded.

Well here it is. The hit job by Fox News on Trump. Possibly gunning for him. I mean if this gets into the sheep's brains, then idc.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Here it is. Fox News admits Trump dismantled train regulations — after being lobbied by Norfolk Southern — that included requiring trains to update braking standards

Vid embedded.

Well here it is. The hit job by Fox News on Trump. Possibly gunning for him. I mean if this gets into the sheep's brains, then idc.
    Nah they'll probably just start ditching Fox for Newsmax and even shittier outlets.

Their addiction isn't to Fox specifically, it's to sensationalist fearmongering garbage that plays to their insecurities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.