1. #83261
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,438
    Trump goes on Hannity, because of course he did, and explains the NYState lawsuit.

    They’ve demeaned me for years with this stuff. And now they find out that I have very little debt — very, very little — a lot of cash. We have a great company, and we have among the best assets anywhere in the world. But I went through, they were demeaning me, you know, constantly these people. There’s something wrong with them. I really believe they hate our country.
    "Isn't litereally every word of that false? I mean, we know how much he owes."

    Speaking of things that are false, vapid whore Elise Stefanik said it wasn't Trump dividing the Republican Party, it was the media.

    Yeah, the media continues to be the Party of Trump's punching bag, because as always it's not about all that deplorable stuff they did, it's about people finding out about the deplorable stuff they did.

  2. #83262
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump goes on Hannity, because of course he did, and explains the NYState lawsuit.



    "Isn't litereally every word of that false? I mean, we know how much he owes."

    Speaking of things that are false, vapid whore Elise Stefanik said it wasn't Trump dividing the Republican Party, it was the media.

    Yeah, the media continues to be the Party of Trump's punching bag, because as always it's not about all that deplorable stuff they did, it's about people finding out about the deplorable stuff they did.
    Ok, if you flip the debt part with the cash part, I would believe it more. They all want to be the "Great Powerful Wizard of Oz.", not the man behind the curtain and get upset when they get found out to be one of the flying monkeys.

  3. #83263
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump goes on Hannity, because of course he did, and explains the NYState lawsuit.

    "Isn't litereally every word of that false? I mean, we know how much he owes."

    Speaking of things that are false, vapid whore Elise Stefanik said it wasn't Trump dividing the Republican Party, it was the media.

    Yeah, the media continues to be the Party of Trump's punching bag, because as always it's not about all that deplorable stuff they did, it's about people finding out about the deplorable stuff they did.
    This is the issue with most things Trump says:
    I have very little debt — very, very little — a lot of cash. We have a great company, and we have among the best assets anywhere in the world.
    He embellishes and overcompensates waaaay too much and it just always comes across as blatantly untruthful. Its like a "my dad can beat up your dad" defence.

  4. #83264
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He embellishes and overcompensates waaaay too much and it just always comes across as blatantly untruthful.
    That, and he refuses to provide evidence to counter existing, public evidence.

    "We have these reports that you owe billions, your buildings are overvalued, and you're not paying people."
    "I owe nearly nothing and I have bigly cash!"
    "Can we see your taxes?"
    "No."
    "We have a subpoena."
    "Still no."

  5. #83265
    Legendary! Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    6,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That, and he refuses to provide evidence to counter existing, public evidence.

    "We have these reports that you owe billions, your buildings are overvalued, and you're not paying people."
    "I owe nearly nothing and I have bigly cash!"
    "Can we see your taxes?"
    "No."
    "We have a subpoena."
    "Still no."
    It would cause irreparable to my client and his businesses/brand if we release his taxes.
    In what way?
    It'd prove he has no money and a shitload of debt. Very damaging to his businesses and brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  6. #83266
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That, and he refuses to provide evidence to counter existing, public evidence.

    "We have these reports that you owe billions, your buildings are overvalued, and you're not paying people."
    "I owe nearly nothing and I have bigly cash!"
    "Can we see your taxes?"
    "No."
    "We have a subpoena."
    "Still no."
    As soon as any kind of "evidence" comes from him, he knows that puts him up to a whole lot more scrutiny than he's already had. Not a chance in hell he'll ever willingly release anything real. His brand relies on bullshit.

  7. #83267
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It would cause irreparable to my client and his businesses/brand if we release his taxes.
    In what way?
    It'd prove he has no money and a shitload of debt. Very damaging to his businesses and brand.
    (sighs)

    The thing is...normally, that might actually work. Lying on a business contract is fraud, but lying to people who might become investors later is not.

    Fortunately, these are not normal circumstances.

  8. #83268
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It would cause irreparable to my client and his businesses/brand if we release his taxes.
    In what way?
    It'd prove he has no money and a shitload of debt. Very damaging to his businesses and brand.
    In the words of Jim Carrey from Liar Liar "Because it's damaging to my case!"

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  9. #83269
    So, anyone who has ever read any news articles about Trump in the past knows he is addicted to debt. He is the self-proclaimed "King of Debt". Well, what happens when the "King of Debt" meets someone who requires cash? We are about to find out in NY.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...78027148540677

    Cash-poor Trump may have to dump his skyscrapers at 'fire sale' prices if he loses NY fraud lawsuit: biographer

    Appearing on MSNBC on Sunday afternoon, Donald Trump biographer and senior executive editor of Bloomberg Opinion, Tim O'Brien, claimed that, should the former president go head-to-head with New York Attorney General Letitia O'Brien and lose the $250 million lawsuit she has filed against him, he will likely have to liquidate his properties --and at fire sale prices.

    Speaking with MSNBC host Alex Witt, O'Brien suggested that Trump's worth is wrapped up in his real estate portfolio and he doesn't have access to enough cash to pay penalties and fines if he loses his court battle.

    "You say that James' suit won't land the Trumps in prison, only criminal convictions could do that," host Witt prompted. "It seeks to bar the Trumps from running a business in New York state and might unravel the Trump organization. You just heard [former Trump lawyer] Michael Cohen say it could actually wipe Trump out. Is that the way you see it?"

    "Well, I think it depends on the extent of damage that the case inflicts and her prosecution inflicts on the Trump family and their businesses," he replied. "Michael is completely right that he has never had a lot of cash on hand, he's almost a debt addict, he has always heavily mortgaged the properties he owns."

    "Most of his wealth is tied up in a handful of skyscrapers in New York City," he continued. "Tish James is seeking to bar him from doing business in the state of New York, so he'll have to unload those if he gets convicted. And that is a fire sale, which means everyone who's a buyer will know they won't have to pay top dollar because he needs to get out of the property."

    "She has made to two criminal referrals out of this case, one to the IRS and one to the US Attorneys' office in the Southern District [of New York]," he elaborated. "So that is now hanging over his head. I think the family's legacy is in New York, everything that Donald Trump stands on was built by Trump in New York. Trump has put those holdings in peril twice, the first time in the early 90's when he gorged on debt and couldn't repay the banks and again now when he has gotten on the wrong side of the law."

    "I think this is an existential threat to his business and his financial well-being," he added.
    - - - Updated - - -

    What happens when you have a man who has to pay people to be his friend and said person becomes the presidency? You have a person who thinks they made a bunch of rich friends when in fact, they just used said person to get what they wanted. Much like how Trump likes to do. BTW, these are secret friends.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...78027148540677

    Trump Said Gaining Secret 'Rich Friends' Made Presidency Worth It: Book

    Former President Donald Trump said the “rich friends” he acquired from his presidency made it all worth it to him, according to an excerpt from reporter Maggie Haberman’s upcoming book published in The Atlantic on Sunday.

    “The question I get asked more than any other question: ‘If you had to do it again, would you have done it?’” Trump was quoted as telling Haberman during one of three post-presidency interviews.

    “The answer is, yeah, I think so. Because here’s the way I look at it. I have so many rich friends and nobody knows who they are,” he said according to the excerpt of her book, “Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.”

    Haberman, who has spent years covering Trump for The New York Times, called his admission “as jarring as it was ultimately surprising,” considering his first impulses weren’t to mention public service or his believed accomplishments.

    Trump did, in a later interview, say that “getting things done” was what he liked about the job and he listed a few accomplishments, Haberman noted.

    Though he apparently didn’t share more about his secret friends, he did say that he doesn’t stay in touch with Russian President Vladimir Putin or Chinese President Xi Jinping. He wavered when asked about North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, however.

    “Well, I don’t want to say exactly, but …” he was quoted as saying while trailing off.


    Haberman said she later learned after her interview that Trump had been telling guests at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida that he has continued to stay in contact with Kim, who she noted is featured in a photo on his office wall.

    She said Trump told her that he had “incredible things” in his possession from his White House days, but said that letters he received from the dictator and “most” other White House documents were in the National Archives.

    As it later turned out, letters from Kim were found in boxes at Mar-a-Lago, along with other classified material, The Washington Post reported back in February.

    The Justice Department has launched a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of federal records.

  10. #83270
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    "Michael is completely right that he has never had a lot of cash on hand, he's almost a debt addict, he has always heavily mortgaged the properties he owns."
    Huh. Trump said almost exactly the opposite, recently. That's pretty much everyone in agreement, then.

  11. #83271
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Huh. Trump said almost exactly the opposite, recently. That's pretty much everyone in agreement, then.
    There was an interview with Ivanka where she talked about Donald's debt problem.

    https://forward.com/fast-forward/424...l%20situation.

    “I remember once my father and I were walking down Fifth Avenue and there was a homeless person sitting right outside of Trump Tower and I remember my father pointing to him and saying, ‘You know, that guy has $8 billion more than me,’ because he was in such extreme debt at that point, you know?” Trump said on camera, seen at 4:15 below.
    Video clip embedded in article.

  12. #83272
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,553
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    There was an interview with Ivanka where she talked about Donald's debt problem.

    https://forward.com/fast-forward/424...l%20situation.



    Video clip embedded in article.
    That's a... weirdly adroit quip coming from a guy that says "bigly huge"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #83273
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's shit like this that prove you not only don't have legitimate criticisms, but that you're basically just here to T. There was no illegitimate election, and you need to go read a book to help you understand why everything you say is a lie.
    The opponent of this thread's namesake has repeated the claim that it was an illegitimate election after, and even during Biden's run. You don't have to agree with her assertion, but it's no lie to quote Trump's unlucky rival.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Conservatives especially those like @tehdang seem to think the President's power is absolute, when there's numerous checks and balances against unilateral presidential action.
    The most recent case had people arguing that Biden's power was absolute, as concerns assertions of executive privilege. Maybe update your rhetoric in light of the behavior of most progs in these parts.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  14. #83274
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The opponent of--
    More off-topic deflection handwaved. Trump still hasn't gone under oath yet, therefore, what you've been arguing for 16 days and counting is still irrelevant, and as the 11th ruled, you're still wrong even hypothetically.

    You have nothing, that's why you keep bringing up Clinton. Please post constructively.

  15. #83275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's a... weirdly adroit quip coming from a guy that says "bigly huge"
    How long ago was the incident? Maybe the dementia hadn't taken hold yet.

  16. #83276
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,553
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The opponent of this thread's namesake has repeated the claim that it was an illegitimate election after, and even during Biden's run. You don't have to agree with her assertion, but it's no lie to quote Trump's unlucky rival.

    The most recent case had people arguing that Biden's power was absolute, as concerns assertions of executive privilege. Maybe update your rhetoric in light of the behavior of most progs in these parts.
    Biden's level of control of executive documents while he is in the executive office does not bother anyone. Trump is no longer president; he has no reason to retain any of those documents. Stop being willingly dense; it isn't clever.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #83277


    Well, now we need to know why EVERYONE on this list hasn't been arrested and we definitely need to know who fucking called that insurrectionist.

    They were talking about alternate electors before the election was even called for Biden. They knew they were going to lose, and they knew that J6 was their last chance to rig the election for Trump.

  18. #83278
    So, Trump proves, once again, how great of a projectionist he is. Privately complains that DeSantis is 'fat,' 'phony,' and 'whiny'. Not sure what DeSantis he is looking at but fat is not one of his traits. Trump also got compared to Christie in the weight area.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5cf956d6ea707a

    Donald Trump privately slammed Ron DeSantis, calling him 'fat,' 'phony,' and 'whiny': book

    Former President Donald Trump has been making rude comments in private about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, according to a new book by New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman.

    In an excerpt from "Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America," published by The Atlantic on Sunday, Haberman detailed a meeting she had in the summer with Trump at the latter's golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

    During the meeting, she spoke with Trump about Christie, one of his 2016 election rivals.

    "I was compared to him? Why? I didn't know I had that big of a weight problem," Trump told Haberman, per her account. He also called Christie an "opportunist."


    Haberman also wrote that she had heard of Trump using similar terms to describe DeSantis. She also recalled learning from sources that Trump had called DeSantis "fat," "phony," and "whiny" while also taking credit for the latter clinching the governor's seat in 2018.

    Per the excerpt, Trump told Haberman that the question he most often received was whether he would be running for president again.

    "The answer is, yeah, I think so. Because here's the way I look at it. I have so many rich friends and nobody knows who they are," Haberman wrote of Trump's response.

    She added: "Reflecting on the meaning of having been president of the United States, his first impulse was not to mention public service, or what he felt he'd accomplished, only that it appeared to be a vehicle for fame, and that many experiences were only worth having if someone else envied them."

    Representatives for DeSantis and Christie and an aide at Trump's post-presidential press office did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.

    DeSantis and Trump have been posited as leading contenders for the 2024 Republican presidential ticket, though neither has made a formal declaration about running in the next election.

    In July, a DeSantis representative told Insider that DeSantis remains "focused on Florida and running for reelection as governor this year." However, the governor has been boosting his political profile — launching a fundraising blitz that included selling a gold "Florida First Fighter" card that appeared to resemble the Trump Card.

    DeSantis also has high-profile supporters, such as podcast host Joe Rogan, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, and billionaire and Trump megadonor Peter Thiel.

    Trump has reacted harshly to the idea that DeSantis might be a potential competitor for the 2024 GOP ticket.

    In July, the former president slammed "Fox & Friends" for reporting on polls that showed DeSantis taking the lead over him, accusing the show's hosts of having "gone to the dark side." Earlier this month, Trump took a swipe at DeSantis, sharing an Insider story about his polling lead over DeSantis via his Save America political action committee.

    Rolling Stone also recently reported that Trump was irritated that DeSantis was stealing his limelight with a political stunt that involved two planeloads of migrants being flown to Martha's Vineyard, a Democratic enclave.

    Meanwhile, Trump also fat-shamed Christie on Truth Social after Christie gave an unflattering interview to ABC News' "This Week" about the Mar-a-Lago raid.

  19. #83279
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The opponent of this thread's namesake has repeated the claim that it was an illegitimate election after, and even during Biden's run. You don't have to agree with her assertion, but it's no lie to quote Trump's unlucky rival.
    You really only have two gears, don't you? It's either herp derp Hillary or constant lies.

    Maybe update your rhetoric in light of the behavior of most progs in these parts.
    If only you could follow this advice of yours.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #83280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's a... weirdly adroit quip coming from a guy that says "bigly huge"
    I think he did not always have mush for brains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •