1. #83441
    Remember when I warned everyone that voting Biden in the primary was just going to push this country more right because he wasn't going to fight back.....
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2022-06-23 at 11:06 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  2. #83442
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Have you read or heard about the Texas Republican party's crazy document just realeased? One part says all statewide offices should be filled by electoral college...they are full blown facist.
    No I haven't read the whole thing except for some articles that highlight specific things, but it makes sense they would want the electoral college to apply to everything, it's the only way they win the presidency anymore and if they start losing popularity in states that are typically red then the electoral college will allow them to hold onto power.

  3. #83443
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Remember when I warned everyone that voting Biden in the primary was just going to push this country more right because he wasn't going to fight back.....
    What about it?

    SCOTUS would be the same literally no matter who was POTUS right now, and arguably could be even worse if Breyer had still retired and Trump got a fourth nomination.

  4. #83444
    I was first aware of Trump back in the 90s. The first two things I learned about him was that he beat and raped his first wife and that he somehow managed to fail at running a casino. Everything after that was equally shitty. It was well known, long before 2016, that he was a bully, conman, narcissist, and the list goes on. It wasn't a secret.

    Anyone voting for him in either election has no excuse. The best thing any Trump supporter can do for their soul and the country is agree that everyone involved in trying to destroy our country should be prosecuted. You don't want to vote for a democrat? Fine! Don't. At the very least, don't vote for asshats that want to turn the US into Russia. Have some kind of standard that's above these pieces of shit.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2022-06-23 at 11:19 PM.

  5. #83445
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I was first aware of Trump back in the 90s. The first two things I learned about him was that he beat and raped his first wife and that he somehow managed to fail at running a casino. Everything after that was equally shitty. It was well known, long before 2016, that he was a bully, conman, narcissist, and the list goes on. It wasn't a secret.

    Anyone voting for him in either election has no excuse.
    Add in everyone who said he was better than Hillary every chance they got, regardless of whether they voted. I hope they enjoy what they wrought.

  6. #83446
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Remember when I warned everyone that voting Biden in the primary was just going to push this country more right because he wasn't going to fight back.....
    Hot take: Biden was the only democrat running who wasn't demonized enough, or easy enough to demonize, in American politics to actually beat Trump.

    And it doesn't matter how good a president some other candidate would have made... if they couldn't beat Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  7. #83447
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1540047256329621512

    Asked about her pervious Q-anon posts by Fox News, Rep. Mayra Flores says she included the hashtags because she "opposed" them, which doesn't make sense.

    And then refuses to engage beyond that because she seems unwilling to take personal responsibility for her actions.

  8. #83448
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What about it?

    SCOTUS would be the same literally no matter who was POTUS right now, and arguably could be even worse if Breyer had still retired and Trump got a fourth nomination.
    I bet a potus with balls would get rid of the filibuster and possibly expand the court to pack it. Biden was the wrong nom.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hot take: Biden was the only democrat running who wasn't demonized enough, or easy enough to demonize, in American politics to actually beat Trump.

    And it doesn't matter how good a president some other candidate would have made... if they couldn't beat Trump.

    Any of the Dems would have beat Trump. Trump got beat by Covid, not Biden.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  9. #83449
    The Lightbringer bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I bet a potus with balls would get rid of the filibuster and possibly expand the court to pack it. Biden was the wrong nom.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Any of the Dems would have beat Trump. Trump got beat by Covid, not Biden.
    The PotUS has no control over the filibuster.

  10. #83450
    Herald of the Titans D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    No I haven't read the whole thing except for some articles that highlight specific things, but it makes sense they would want the electoral college to apply to everything, it's the only way they win the presidency anymore and if they start losing popularity in states that are typically red then the electoral college will allow them to hold onto power.
    https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uplo...-6-16-2022.pdf
    a direct link to the crazy
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  11. #83451
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I bet a potus with balls would get rid of the filibuster and possibly expand the court to pack it.
    In which you make it clear you have no idea how the US government operates.

    Only the Senate can eliminate the filibuster rule, it's their rule and they are the only authority who can change it. Beyond that,expanding the court would require legislation, meaning passage in the House and Senate, and knowing that we'd have Manchin and eventually Sinema as well, that's not going to happen.

    Be angry, but do a bit of research so help you understand your anger.

  12. #83452
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In which you make it clear you have no idea how the US government operates.

    Only the Senate can eliminate the filibuster rule, it's their rule and they are the only authority who can change it. Beyond that,expanding the court would require legislation, meaning passage in the House and Senate, and knowing that we'd have Manchin and eventually Sinema as well, that's not going to happen.

    Be angry, but do a bit of research so help you understand your anger.
    No getting out of that one. I fucked up.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  13. #83453
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Supreme Court: Abortion should be a state right.

    Also Supreme Court: Gun rights should not be state rights... or at least liberal state rights.

    Maybe Supreme Court in the future: Liberal states should not have abortion rights.
    I believe this discussion moved to the Gun Thread but I want to reply to this.

    The legal scholars or however you want to label them will say gun rights are in the 2nd Amendment while the Roe v Wade was judicial overreach of SCOTUS when there was no law and no law on abortion afterwards.

    Yes, I agree with you about how flippant they are on state's right, but here we are.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  14. #83454
    its almost as if the supreme court starts out with the result it wants and works backwards to justify it

  15. #83455
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Any of the Dems would have beat Trump. Trump got beat by Covid, not Biden.
    Respectfully disagree. There was no way COMMUNIST SOCIALISM Sanders was beating Trump, neither was Kamala Harris as POTUS.

    The former is too scary for the average American, the latter lacks any kind of mass appeal. Harris is a fine and efficient politician, but she didn't have the charisma and relatability.

  16. #83456
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Respectfully disagree. There was no way COMMUNIST SOCIALISM Sanders was beating Trump, neither was Kamala Harris as POTUS.

    The former is too scary for the average American, the latter lacks any kind of mass appeal. Harris is a fine and efficient politician, but she didn't have the charisma and relatability.
    a donkey with a blue ribbon could have beaten donald trump.

    if you control the senate, house and presidency but refuse to do anything about this you need your teeth kicked in. Thats it. Maybe they got distracted with the juul.

  17. #83457
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    a donkey with a blue ribbon could have beaten donald trump.

    if you control the senate, house and presidency but refuse to do anything about this you need your teeth kicked in. Thats it. Maybe they got distracted with the juul.
    They don’t control the senate in anything but technical numbers.

    Here’s what you need to do when you imagine what it’s possible for the democrats to pass.

    Think to yourself: “do manchin and sinema both want this?”

    If the answer is “no,” you aren’t getting it. And no threat of “primarying them” or “talk really mean about them” is going to change their mind or coerce them; it hasn’t thus far.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  18. #83458
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They don’t control the senate in anything but technical numbers.

    Here’s what you need to do when you imagine what it’s possible for the democrats to pass.

    Think to yourself: “do manchin and sinema both want this?”

    If the answer is “no,” you aren’t getting it. And no threat of “primarying them” or “talk really mean about them” is going to change their mind or coerce them; it hasn’t thus far.
    if you technically control something, you control it. Its wether you can be bothered to wield the power or not. But you do have it.

    All this manchin + sinema shit is a boring excuse, if you cant do things with your power whats the point in you.

  19. #83459
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    if you technically control something, you control it. Its wether you can be bothered to wield the power or not. But you do have it.

    All this manchin + sinema shit is a boring excuse, if you cant do things with your power whats the point in you.
    Because it’s not power they actually… have?

    Like, what does Biden do to make manchin and sinema do what he wants if they don’t want to. Explain the process, in detail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #83460
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    if you technically control something, you control it. Its wether you can be bothered to wield the power or not. But you do have it.

    All this manchin + sinema shit is a boring excuse, if you cant do things with your power whats the point in you.
    Thing is, the Democrats don't control the Senate. Both Manchin and Sinema are independents running as democrats as independents generally don't get voted for. Right now, there are 46 actual democrats that will generally vote the way democrats do. 2 of the people that caucus with the democrats are listed as Independent. Manchin and Sinema are literally conservate Democrats.

    The makeup for the Senate is 48 Democrats, 2 Independents and 50 Republicans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •