1. #83521
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Man you are so full of yourself. Done patting yourself on the back?
    You are hilarious, all you had to do was just admit you screwed up and brought up the stuff yourself or just dropped it and you couldn't do it. What kinda passive aggressive response is that? Asking if I am patting myself on the back for being right instead of just admitting you are wrong or just dropping it.

    We all screw up and mistake what others are talking about from time to time, it isn't some bad thing to admit when you make a mistake, I have done it a few times on here over the years. You made a mistake, just own up to it and move on, it's not a huge deal if you did it unintentionally or anything like that. But this is just is a bit much to avoid admitting it and trying to gaslight and place the blame on the other guy.

    I didn't do what you claim I did, I didn't say what you pretend I did, end of story.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  2. #83522
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...01416949211136

    cmon giving someone a tap on the shoulder and calling them a scumbag shouldnt be a crime

    rudy needs his fucking teeth put through, this is how unbelievable these people are, they should stay in their gated communities.
    Man, why is it always the folks that are obsessed with masculinity and shit that are always the most beta motherfuckers ever.

  3. #83523
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...01416949211136

    cmon giving someone a tap on the shoulder and calling them a scumbag shouldnt be a crime

    rudy needs his fucking teeth put through, this is how unbelievable these people are, they should stay in their gated communities.
    If he did that but greeted him as Americas Mayor this would be nothing. It's only something cause Rudy is a bitch.

  4. #83524
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Assault is assault even if you don't like the talking nutsack.
    Watch the video, it's not assault in the least bit.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  5. #83525
    Oh man, Rudy "refused hospitalization" over that heinous attack? What a brave little soldier. It makes me want to give him a standing ovation <claps hands lightly>

    Ah shit, I just assaulted myself.

  6. #83526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Watch the video, it's not assault in the least bit.
    This, assault in new york isn't just unwanted touching. There needs to be an intent to injure, even for the misdemeanor version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Assault is assault even if you don't like the talking nutsack.
    While that's a true statement so is this: this wasn't assault, so it's not assault.

  7. #83527
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol someone slapped rudy guliani on the back and said 'whats up scumbag' and they are getting charged with assault. What a place.
    If I recall my Legal Eagle correctly, any unwanted physical contact is "assault", not to be confused by "assault & battery". Court could possibly still throw it out for being negligible, but dude who touched Rudy brought that shit upon himself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This, assault in new york isn't just unwanted touching. There needs to be an intent to injure, even for the misdemeanor version.
    I stand corrected.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  8. #83528
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...01416949211136

    cmon giving someone a tap on the shoulder and calling them a scumbag shouldnt be a crime

    rudy needs his fucking teeth put through, this is how unbelievable these people are, they should stay in their gated communities.
    The woman putting her hand on his back and rubbing it like he was actually attacked is hilarious. I'm sure she made it all better for Lil Rudy.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2022-06-27 at 12:19 PM.

  9. #83529
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I'm a firm believer that people need to keep their hands to themselves unless invited otherwise so I'm not ok with what the dude did.

    That being said - good lord the media complete misrepresented this. "Rudy stumbled and almost fell!" "Rudy refused hospitalization - the brave guy" "Rudy attacked at supermarket"

    C'mon. Stop sensationalizing nothingburgers.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  10. #83530
    Old God Captain N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    10,309
    And now its no longer OK to be free from religion in your school rules the Gilead 6

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ootball-coach/
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  11. #83531
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And now its no longer OK to be free from religion in your school rules the Gilead 6

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ootball-coach/
    Here, link that didn't ask me for a subscription to read.

    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/27/p...edy/index.html

    Sounds like this gives plenty other religions the right to pray on that field as well. Really hope to see actual students respond to this by praying to gods Christians don't like.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  12. #83532
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And now its no longer OK to be free from religion in your school rules the Gilead 6

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ootball-coach/
    “The Constitution and the best of our traditions counsel mutual respect and tolerance, not censorship and suppression, for religious and nonreligious views alike,” Gorsuch wrote.

    Gorsuch said lower courts should no longer follow the “Lemon test” criticized by religious conservatives, which called on judges to decide whether the government’s action might look to a reasonable observer as government endorsement of religion.
    Man, the conservative Justices are sure picking ideological rulings for partisan wins with some weird-ass logic.

    I assume they'll back a Satanist's expressing themselves on the field, too? The "reasonable observer" standard seems fairly common sense, but I guess I'm just not a SCOTUS Justice who lies to Senators during their confirmation hearings, so what do I know?

  13. #83533
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, the conservative Justices are sure picking ideological rulings for partisan wins with some weird-ass logic.

    I assume they'll back a Satanist's expressing themselves on the field, too? The "reasonable observer" standard seems fairly common sense, but I guess I'm just not a SCOTUS Justice who lies to Senators during their confirmation hearings, so what do I know?
    Wonder how far can they push this before states start outright defying them and pushing that issue or they create such a backlash that they are replaced and referendum passed to redo every ruling they have gone through with their time in and as they are tainted like having a judge that is paid to look the other way in murder cases.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  14. #83534
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I assume they'll back a Satanist's expressing themselves on the field, too?
    Don't even have to go that niche. I can pretty much guarantee that if it had been a Muslim coach, it would have been smacked down hard enough to get a full combo after that wall bounce.

    I wonder how long it will be until children lose their right to abstain from giving the pledge of allegiance in the morning. It's only a matter of time at this point.

  15. #83535
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Wonder how far can they push this before states start outright defying them and pushing that issue or they create such a backlash that they are replaced and referendum passed to redo every ruling they have gone through with their time in and as they are tainted like having a judge that is paid to look the other way in murder cases.
    I mean, based on the recent case where the TX court basically ignored the SCOTUS and...nothing happened, why the fuck not? Start ignoring the court, they've already set the precedent that lower courts can ignore their rulings without consequence.

    https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...ion-2022-06-15

    But the Texas court ignored the Supreme Court's ruling – essentially flouting the bedrock judicial principle that lower court judges must abide by the decisions of the highest court in the land, even when they disagree.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Don't even have to go that niche. I can pretty much guarantee that if it had been a Muslim coach, it would have been smacked down hard enough to get a full combo after that wall bounce.
    I hope some Muslim coaches, and coaches of other faiths, put this ruling to the test to see if it's equally applied or if their "rights" are more based on the color of their skin and which religion they follow.

  16. #83536
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Here, link that didn't ask me for a subscription to read.

    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/27/p...edy/index.html

    Sounds like this gives plenty other religions the right to pray on that field as well. Really hope to see actual students respond to this by praying to gods Christians don't like.
    This shouldn't be that complicated.

    No religious practices in public spaces as a government official. You can wear religious garb and identify as religious, but not engage in it publicly as a representative of the government, as that demonstrates governmental endorsement/support of your faith, at least implicitly.

    Doesn't matter if you're a Christian wanting to pray with the football team, a Muslim wanting to lay their prayer mat out in front of their class when they do their daily prayers, or a Wiccan wanting to cast a spell to protect the team (which isn't functionally different from prayer in any way whatsoever).

    If you'd have a problem with a coach loudly asking Baphomet to live in his students' hearts, you really need to fuck off pushing Christian prayers in schools, because it's exactly the same thing. In fact, I've got way fewer issues with Baphomet than Jehovah, personally.


  17. #83537
    Old God Captain N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This shouldn't be that complicated.

    No religious practices in public spaces as a government official. You can wear religious garb and identify as religious, but not engage in it publicly as a representative of the government, as that demonstrates governmental endorsement/support of your faith, at least implicitly.

    Doesn't matter if you're a Christian wanting to pray with the football team, a Muslim wanting to lay their prayer mat out in front of their class when they do their daily prayers, or a Wiccan wanting to cast a spell to protect the team (which isn't functionally different from prayer in any way whatsoever).

    If you'd have a problem with a coach loudly asking Baphomet to live in his students' hearts, you really need to fuck off pushing Christian prayers in schools, because it's exactly the same thing. In fact, I've got way fewer issues with Baphomet than Jehovah, personally.
    Which is how it should be. Unfortunately this Theocratic SCOTUS we've ended up with sees it otherwise. You know punishments will be handed down if anyone but a Christian will do the same in the future. Even their own precedent doesn't stop them from doing whatever they want.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  18. #83538
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Which is how it should be. Unfortunately this Theocratic SCOTUS we've ended up with sees it otherwise. You know punishments will be handed down if anyone but a Christian will do the same in the future. Even their own precedent doesn't stop them from doing whatever they want.
    Yeah, because they're Christian Fascists. It's not that far a step from endorsing the "right" faith through schools to whirring up the engines on whatever machine we're using this generation to purge the "wrong" faiths from society, as bloodily as possible.


  19. #83539
    https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...n-shot-1719453

    According to alpha male Rudy Giuliani, a light pat on the back felt like a gun "shot".

    Reminder: Republicans are the biggest pansies and most delicate snowflakes around.

    Seriously, let's make Rudy Giuliani and the Republican party the poster boys for, "Literally any touching is legal assault."

  20. #83540
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...n-shot-1719453

    According to alpha male Rudy Giuliani, a light pat on the back felt like a gun "shot".

    Reminder: Republicans are the biggest pansies and most delicate snowflakes around.

    Seriously, let's make Rudy Giuliani and the Republican party the poster boys for, "Literally any touching is legal assault."
    Twitter is in a frenzy because Nancy nudged a child and now she's a witch who beats Mexican children..like.....this has to be a meme.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •