Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    When you say stupid shit like this, i laugh because I'm not a republican..
    Splitting hairs is fun, but it still doesn't matter if you are republican or not, because you still vote for criminal trash like Trump.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    "Classic liberal" "Neo conservative" "Libertarian" "Fascist wannabe" what label you have doesn't matter when your only purpose seems to be making excuses and handwaving Trump's criminal activities. The internet remembers just how much you slammed on Hillary and other Democrats for "Crimes", but give Trump a pass? Time to put the blatant hypocrisy on display for all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Then why wasn't he charged with it then. 34 counts of falsifying records, but not a single charge otherwise, which is important because that other charge is needed to make those felonies. Meaning all of the "34 felony" headlines are bogus.

- - - Updated - - -

When you say stupid shit like this, i laugh because I'm not a republican. But this same stupid shit is going to get this idiot reelected. And then you lefties will continue this thread for another few thousand pages.
    Would it be a felony to falsify records to hide a crime someone else committed?

Cohen committed the crime by making hush money payments to influence the 2016 election, exceeding the limit on personal contributions.
    Trump then covered that crime by falsifying the records that reimbursed Cohen for the money he spend on committing a crime.

Trump thereby committed a crime, falsifying records, to cover up another crime, violating the Federal Election Campaign Act.
    And so a grand jury saw enough evidence to recommend felony charges.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Splitting hairs is fun, but it still doesn't matter if you are republican or not, because you still vote for criminal trash like Trump.
    Except i dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Would it be a felony to falsify records to hide a crime someone else committed?

Cohen committed the crime by making hush money payments to influence the 2016 election, exceeding the limit on personal contributions.
    Trump then covered that crime by falsifying the records that reimbursed Cohen for the money he spend on committing a crime.

Trump thereby committed a crime, falsifying records, to cover up another crime, violating the Federal Election Campaign Act.
    And so a grand jury saw enough evidence to recommend felony charges.
    "hush money" isn't a crime.

State has no right to pursue charges on a federal crime, and that's irrelevant even if it is true. Again if there were another crime, they would have charged it. They haven't. This entire thing equates to the same penalty as some parking tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "Classic liberal" "Neo conservative" "Libertarian" "Fascist wannabe" what label you have doesn't matter when your only purpose seems to be making excuses and handwaving Trump's criminal activities. The internet remembers just how much you slammed on Hillary and other Democrats for "Crimes", but give Trump a pass? Time to put the blatant hypocrisy on display for all.
    I'd say hang them all, but neither Trump nor Hillary have been convicted of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post

Says the guy defending a fucking traitor?
    This is hollow coming from a forum full of non-americans.

Again if there were another crime, they would have charged it. They haven't. This entire thing equates to the same penalty as some parking tickets.
    NY is under no obligation to make the underlying crime for the charges public at this stage of the judicial proceeding. Take a seat, if you don't know what you are talking about.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It absolutely is when you're trying to use your business to do it. If he had used his own personal funds, rather than gone through his company to try and hide it, it would've been fine and there'd be no crimes here. But instead he was a fucking moron trying to keep it out of view, which is why all this happened.

EDIT: Now, this is just how it's been explained to me, so I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    NY is under no obligation to make the underlying crime for the charges public at this stage of the judicial proceeding. Take a seat, if you don't know what you are talking about.
    You're right, they don't have to. But I'd wager it's because they don't have an underlying crime.

It is when you pay to silence a story to benefit a political campaign as an individual, so that it becomes a campaign contribution that exceeds the limits of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

And we know this because Cohen plead guilty to it and went to jail over it.
    The crime has happened as an established judicial fact, that is not in question here.

You're right, they don't have to. But I'd wager it's because they don't have an underlying crime.
    Which is why a grand jury advised to proceed on it, clearly.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It is when you pay to silence a story to benefit a political campaign as an individual, so that it becomes a campaign contribution that exceeds the limits of the Federal Election Campaign Act.

And we know this because Cohen plead guilty to it and went to jail over it.
    The crime has happened as an established judicial fact, that is not in question here.
    But that's not a crime in NY. Different jurisdictions.

But that's not a crime in NY. Different jurisdictions.
    Then the case will get thrown out in short order. Call me when that happens, I suspect I will be waiting a very long time.

So Don Jr is trying to win the love of his father, which will never happen, by stating it was actually him who committed the crime. Will the real check signer please waddle up? Will the real check signer please waddle up? Is this mic on?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3531e0b74&ei=7

Donald Trump Jr admits it was actually him who signed hush money check

Donald Trump Jr has admitted that it was actually him who signed one of the hush money checks now at the centre of his father’s arrest on criminal charges.

The former president’s son told right-wing network Newsmax that part of Mr Trump’s indictment on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records refers to his own actions.

“That son is me. Like I said, clearly also not a campaign finance violation if it’s from his own trust, not to a campaign, not from the campaign, not from the funds raised from it,” he said.

“So, none of it actually makes any sense.”

In the criminal indictment unsealed on Tuesday, prosecutors allege that a check made out to Mr Trump’s former “fixer” Michael Cohen was falsely recorded as a “retainer” in the Trump Organization’s business records.

The check was signed by former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg – who is now in Riker’s Island on a fraud conviction – “and the Defendant’s son, as trustees”.

The son in question was not named in the charging documents but Don Jr confirmed it was him.

Don Jr has not been accused of any wrongdoing in the criminal case and the payment itself is not illegal.

Instead, prosecutors allege that a crime was committed when this payment – and many others – to Cohen were falsely recorded in the Trump Organization’s business records.

The crime then reaches the level of a felony when the falsified records were made while in commission of another crime.

According to Manhattan prosecutors, Mr Trump and Cohen carried out a “catch and kill” scheme in the lead-up to the 2016 election.

Cohen allegedly made hush money payments on Mr Trump’s behalf to suppress negative information about the presidential candidate.

The payments were allegedly made to silence individuals over alleged affairs he had with women.

Three specific alleged affairs and hush money payments were mentioned in the charging documents – a $130,000 payment to adult film star Daniels, a $150,000 to former playboy model Karen McDougal and a $30,000 payment to a doorman at Trump Tower who claimed he had information that Mr Trump had fathered a child with a woman while married to Melania Trump.

Mr Trump then allegedly reimbursed Cohen but falsely recorded the payments as legal fees.

Mr Trump “repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records to conceal criminal conduct that hid damaging information from the voting public during the 2016 presidential election,” the charging documents read.

In a historic day for America on Tuesday, the one-term president was charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in order to conceal illegal activity connected to his 2016 presidential campaign.

Each of the 34 criminal charges relates to an individual entry in the Trump Organization’s business records.

Mr Trump surrendered to Manhattan authorities on Tuesday afternoon and was officially arrested on the charges.

He then appeared in court for his arraignment before Judge Juan Merchan – the same judge who sentenced the Trump Organization and its CFO last year.

Cutting a glum figure, he defiantly pleaded not guilty to all the charges and has continued to lash out at the judge and Manhattan DA in the aftermath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    by stating it was actually him who committed the crime.
    Considering Cohen is working with the prosecution, I think Bragg knows who signed which checks.

Also, until any Trump says it under oath, it's not trustworthy.

Then why wasn't he charged with it then. 34 counts of falsifying records, but not a single charge otherwise, which is important because that other charge is needed to make those felonies. Meaning all of the "34 felony" headlines are bogus.
    What other charge is that?

When was Trump indicted before, again? You mentioned that the other day before running away and not answering. Do you have an answer yet or will you just run away again? Running away isn't very alpha.

When you say stupid shit like this, i laugh because I'm not a republican. But this same stupid shit is going to get this idiot reelected. And then you lefties will continue this thread for another few thousand pages.
    Embrace who you are. You're a Republican. That's ok. I mean it means you side with a group of terrible people, but own who you are. Love who you are.

- - - Updated - - -

State has no right to pursue charges on a federal crime, and that's irrelevant even if it is true. Again if there were another crime, they would have charged it. They haven't. This entire thing equates to the same penalty as some parking tickets.
    Falsifying business records is a crime, which you'd know if you read the indictments you silly goose!

I'd say hang them all, but neither Trump nor Hillary have been convicted of anything.
    Why do you want to murder people?

This is hollow coming from a forum full of non-americans.
    I'm an American. Talk to me. What do you want to say to your fellow American?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So Don Jr is trying to win the love of his father, which will never happen, by stating it was actually him who committed the crime. Will the real check signer please waddle up? Will the real check signer please waddle up? Is this mic on?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3531e0b74&ei=7
    Oh, so he's gonna take the fall for all of it and additional forgery charges?

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC News reports that the judge in the Trump felony case, and his family, have already received threats.

Which means Trump supporters, once again, are willingly siding with terrorists.

"Whoa whoa whoa! You keep saying this case isn't political. Therefore, the threats aren't politically motivated or aimed and therefore it's just a felony act of a deplorable human being."

Well, Trump says the court case is political, so any of his followers who agrees -- for example, any who say nothing to contradict Trump's claims -- agree. Therefore, from the perspective of Trump supporters, the threats were designed to cause a political change, which is literally terrorism.

I'll let any Trump supporters on these forums decry these actions on their own, and/or Trump's claims the court case is political. Those that don't are announcing they're willing allies and supporters of terrorism by their silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    NBC News reports that the judge in the Trump felony case, and his family, have already received threats.

Which means Trump supporters, once again, are willingly siding with terrorists.

"Whoa whoa whoa! You keep saying this case isn't political. Therefore, the threats aren't politically motivated or aimed and therefore it's just a felony act of a deplorable human being."

Well, Trump says the court case is political, so any of his followers who agrees -- for example, any who say nothing to contradict Trump's claims -- agree. Therefore, from the perspective of Trump supporters, the threats were designed to cause a political change, which is literally terrorism.

I'll let any Trump supporters on these forums decry these actions on their own, and/or Trump's claims the court case is political. Those that don't are announcing they're willing allies and supporters of terrorism by their silence.
    Well I heard tell that sharing his daughters image around and claiming that her employment at the White House (apparently) means the Judge is taking orders from Biden isn't actually instigating harassment and threats against them.

Just like it wasn't when it happened to the election workers in Georgia, though I think the person I was having that discussion with ran away : (

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boeb...ermany-1792514

It was inevitable, the Congresswoman with a GED and a 17 year old son who impregnated a 14 year old girl went full Godwin on this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well I heard tell that sharing his daughters image around and claiming that her employment at the White House (apparently) means the Judge is taking orders from Biden isn't actually instigating harassment and threats against them.
    That sounds like an invitation to threaten, hurt, or kill SCOTUS Justice Claranece Thomas, based on his wife's activities.

How horrible! What kind of deplorable mindset would embrace threats and violence for a political result, also known as "the literal definition of terrorism", so blatantly and openly?

What other charge is that?
    That's the point. The only charge is falsifying a business document. To make it a felony it has to be used to obscure another crime.

When was Trump indicted before, again? You mentioned that the other day before running away and not answering. Do you have an answer yet or will you just run away again? Running away isn't very alpha.
    I thought he was for the Jan 6 stuff. Either way, seems like a complete sham, again.

Embrace who you are. You're a Republican. That's ok. I mean it means you side with a group of terrible people, but own who you are. Love who you are.
    You don't get to dictate how I identify. I've not voted for a republican or democrat nominee for president. Granted I've only voted in 3 presidential elections. For more local elections that's harder.

Falsifying business records is a crime, which you'd know if you read the indictments you silly goose!
    But not the crime that would allow them to be felonies.

Why do you want to murder people?
    Capital punishment isn't murder.

I'm an American. Talk to me. What do you want to say to your fellow American?
    Do better. There are more important issues than "orange man bad."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the point. The only charge is falsifying a business document. To make it a felony it has to be used to obscure another crime.

I thought he was for the Jan 6 stuff. Either way, seems like a complete sham, again.

You don't get to dictate how I identify. I've not voted for a republican or democrat nominee for president. Granted I've only voted in 3 presidential elections. For more local elections that's harder.

Have you figured out what a grand jury is yet?

The grand jury is the one who saw the evidence and stated there was enough for charges to be pressed. The AG is the one following their recommendation.

There is ALWAYS a grand jury in cases like this. ALWAYS.