Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Trump claims Dr. Ronny Jackson "Loved looking at his body."
    Remember, anything other than saying Trump is perfection, is treason. Even by Trump. His ego does not allow him to say that he's even a little bit flawed.

Whaah! People I have to actually work.

If you bitch about doing you job, then quit. I like Rubio crying more that Grassley that little wimp. Entitled little punk.

Plus you have to love how they bitch about people who went to work during pandemic for likely not a living wage or in general where of course the pleb Americans just need to shut up and work.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Grassley (and most Republicans for that matter) amuse me when they scream about "Tax and Spend" which translates to, raise the money and then spend it. While they have a Cult following of morons who yell at poor people for buying things on credit they don't have the cash for.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Of fucking course the fucking Republicans screwed Diabetics again, by blocking the Insulin price caps.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Something that will make you throw up in your mouth, Trump claims Dr. Ronny Jackson "Loved looking at his body."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...a5de2c77ef54e2

I didn't realize that having the body of the Pillsbury Dough Boy is considered healthy and strong. I mean, there are professional strongmen that are fat but even they know it isn't healthy.
    i wonder if he owes that doctor $130,000?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Of fucking course the fucking Republicans screwed Diabetics again, by blocking the Insulin price caps.
    It was off an objection from Graham, and I'm looking around to see if Republicans are even bothering to say why they objected to it beyond, "It might disproportionately help folks on the lower end of the economic scale."

Edit: Best I can find - https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-gop-votes-no/

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D) told reporters on Sunday morning that Democrats knew well before the vote that the parliamentarian ruled a cap on insulin prices in the private market a violation of Senate rules.

“She knocked it out. They added it back in and basically, you know, wanted to tempt us to, I guess, vote against it,” Thune said, while taking aim at Democrats for “overruling the parliamentarian.”

He said the effort to overturn the parliamentarian undermined the integrity of Senate procedure and Senate rules.

“It undermines the whole reconciliation process if you if you start doing that,” he said. “So, I mean, I think there’s a right way and wrong way to do it. They want to get that vote, there’s a lot of ways they can get that vote, but doing it this way, was the wrong way to do it.”
    So no actual objection to the amendment itself, just that they didn't like that Democrats tried to get it put back in there? I don't even pretend to understand this.

At least there is a bit of good news though -

Democrats won a partial victory, however, because the parliamentarian allowed Warnock’s $35 insulin cap to apply to Medicare beneficiaries, which could influence prices in the private market.
    Now whether or not it impacts the private market prices...I'm skeptical (if anything, they'd go up to offset the inability to gouge Medicare, sadly). But this is good for folks on Medicare who are also likely on fixed income.

My search for a substantive reason to vote against this amendment beyond, "Because Democrats wanted it." continues...
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-08 at 12:56 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    California is looking towards producing its own insulin more at-cost for diabetics. If they can produce more than California demands, I imagine they'll begin selling it to other states as well. Which means that pharmaceutical companies will be competing against an entity that can sell their exact same product for a vastly lower price.

Once again, California might be the driving force that addresses a problem where republican lawmakers failed, just like with car emission standards.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    California is looking towards producing its own insulin more at-cost for diabetics. If they can produce more than California demands, I imagine they'll begin selling it to other states as well. Which means that pharmaceutical companies will be competing against an entity that can sell their exact same product for a vastly lower price.

Once again, California might be the driving force that addresses a problem where republican lawmakers failed, just like with car emission standards.
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G, say it's made from aborted black fetuses pissed on by Pelosi herself, jack up the price, or some other for of ratfuckery. Then claim it was CA that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G
    CAN SOMETHING FINALLY?! Seriously, I'd love to have a signal boost and I'm still sad that the covid vaccine didn't seem to do shit to improve my cell phone reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    CAN SOMETHING FINALLY?! Seriously, I'd love to have a signal boost and I'm still sad that the covid vaccine didn't seem to do shit to improve my cell phone reception.
    Inorite? I'm still waiting to become Magneto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Right up until they claim Commiefornia Insulin has microchips for 5G, say it's made from aborted black fetuses pissed on by Pelosi herself, jack up the price, or some other for of ratfuckery. Then claim it was CA that did it.
    ...I mean, they can claim that bullshit all they want, but unless something legally prevents it from being sold in other states, I don't think GOP complaints will amount to a whole hill of beans. And I think the number of people that believe that affordable California insulin is made by the devil will be smaller than the number people that don't want to pay obscene amounts of money for insulin from big pharma.

Plus, were California to succeed at producing at-or-near-cost insulin suitable to meet the needs of a large part of California's insulin requirements, then pharmaceutical companies would basically have to lower their prices to remain competitive in California. And a quick google search reveals that there are about 3 million diabetics in California, and 30 million diabetics in the United States overall. So unless Insulin producers want to lose effectively 10% of their sales base, they'd need to shape up and become competitive. And even if the GOP passes some sort of law on a federal or state-by-state level that prevents California from selling its own cheaper insulin, people are going to get pissed mighty quick if they start to learn that they're effectively being price gouged in their own state. "I'm going to make sure insulin costs more in X conservative state than it does in (supposedly) tax-burdened, eveything-is-more-expensive, Commiefornia" is not a sentiment that will be politically popular for any hopeful GOP candidate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump doesn't realize it but McConnell was the true power during Trump's four years squatting in the White House.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Sadly, this is not new or surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Since I am out of Rolling Stone free articles, I will instead cite the NYTimes.

Trump told his top White House aide that he wished he had generals like the ones who had reported to Adolf Hitler, saying they were “totally loyal” to the leader of the Nazi regime, according to a forthcoming book about the 45th president.

“Why can’t you be like the German generals?” Mr. Trump told John Kelly, his chief of staff, preceding the question with an obscenity, according to an excerpt from “The Divider: Trump in the White House,” by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, published online by The New Yorker on Monday morning. (Mr. Baker is the chief White House correspondent for The New York Times; Ms. Glasser is a staff writer for The New Yorker.)

The excerpt depicts Mr. Trump as deeply frustrated by his top military officials, whom he saw as insufficiently loyal or obedient to him. In the conversation with Mr. Kelly, which took place years before the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the authors write, the chief of staff told Mr. Trump that Germany’s generals had “tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off.”

Mr. Trump was dismissive, according to the excerpt, apparently unaware of the World War II history that Mr. Kelly, a retired four-star general, knew all too well.

“‘No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,’ the president replied,” according to the book’s authors. “In his version of history, the generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this was the model he wanted for his military. Kelly told Trump that there were no such American generals, but the president was determined to test the proposition.”
    So @Santti it's worse than that.

"Sounds like Milley should have had second thoughts a little earler."

He did.

General Milley’s frustration with the president peaked on June 1, 2020, when Black Lives Matter protesters filled Lafayette Square, near the White House. Mr. Trump demanded to send in the military to clear the protesters, but General Milley and other top aides refused. In response, Mr. Trump shouted, “You are all losers!” according to the excerpt. “Turning to Milley, Trump said, ‘Can’t you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?’” the authors write.

After the square was cleared by the National Guard and police, General Milley briefly joined the president and other aides in walking through the empty park so Mr. Trump could be photographed in front of a church on the other side. The authors said General Milley later considered his decision to join the president to be a “misjudgment that would haunt him forever, a ‘road-to-Damascus moment,’ as he would later put it.”
    Of course it was a road to Damascus. He was following a Damas.

Of all the thing that he has done, that he should be straight punched in the mouth at, is this:

The excerpt from The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021 featured several other reminders of Trump’s abhorrence, including that he demanded no injured veterans participate in a memorial parade. “Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade,” Trump told Kelly. “This doesn’t look good for me.”

“Those are the heroes,” Kelly responded. “In our society, there’s only one group of people who are more heroic than they are — and they are buried over in Arlington.”

“I don’t want them,” Trump reiterated. “It doesn’t look good for me.”
    I mean, everyone knew he wanted to be like Hitler, he pined for other dictators, he wanted absolute loyalty. However, this honestly shows how absolutely disgusting he is.

What trump needs is a general like Stauffenberg.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Since I am out of Rolling Stone free articles, I will instead cite the NYTimes.

So @Santti it's worse than that.

"Sounds like Milley should have had second thoughts a little earler."

He did.

Of course it was a road to Damascus. He was following a Damas.
    The fact that all of these people are just publishing books about it instead of say. Invoking the 25th?

Fucking disgraceful
    - Lars

Why the fuck do these fucking fuckheads only tell this shit years after to sell a book. If he gave two craps about his country he would have walked down the hall to the press room and announced his immediate resignation.
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2022-08-08 at 04:26 PM.