Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What a stupid kid. Life is not a video game, you don't get to just kill the leader of a faction and boom, now you're in charge. Does he even know anything about how our government works beyond "the President is the leader"?
    I assume this is legitimately a case of mental illness. I mean…it has to be that or yes, he’s just that stupid. Can’t really see a third option.

Yeah the fact that he wanted to solo take over the country by attacking the WH to me means he is either trolling, and boy is he going to have fun with that /s, or legit mental illness rather then Trump/Nazi nutcase.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Wait, so he's a self-admitted Nazi fuck? Oh boy, all those right wingers with their "he can't be a nazi, he's brown!" takes can fuck off forever rofl.

Kid's life just went to hell.
    He can't imagine the humiliation he's about to eat when he appears before a judge and has to explain wtf was he thinking...beyond Missouri's education system.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, so he's a self-admitted Nazi fuck? Oh boy, all those right wingers with their "he can't be a nazi, he's brown!" takes can fuck off forever rofl.
    Beau of the Fifth Column recently made the excellent observation how discourse has shifted from Nazis being seen as bad to the point of "jack-booted" being an insult to righwingers decrying every terror attack involving a swastika as a literal false flag to "make them look bad".
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Beau of the Fifth Column recently made the excellent observation how discourse has shifted from Nazis being seen as bad to the point of "jack-booted" being an insult to righwingers decrying every terror attack involving a swastika as a literal false flag to "make them look bad".
    I mean, it would help if they stopped hanging around and comingling their Gadsden and fake Confederate flags with the people that wave Nazi flags around.

Or if people like Trump or DeSantis could say, "Nazi's fuckin suck." when asked without 48+ hours of universal pressure.

The US really fucked up. We should have followed Germany's lead on this shit after WWII. But we repeated the mistakes of the Reconstruction and now we're paying for those mistakes, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I assume this is legitimately a case of mental illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    or legit mental illness
    Until he gets a diagnosis, "legit willing Nazi" is the default. Just because he's stupid doesn't mean he's insane. Plenty of non-insane people were Nazis. And I'm not yet willing to handwave this with "well of course he's crazy, look what he did". We open that door, then mass murderers stop going to jail. "Of course he's insane, what sane person would gun down four, ten, fifty people?" is not a defense I want gaining traction.

This case will go to court, and we'll get the answer eventually. Until then, until proven otherwise, I'm going with "actual willing participant in authoritarian culture and violent terrorism, waving a Nazi flag" as the evidence directly suggests, and "Trump supporter" as the evidence only implies but does not directly prove yet.

Nazi alone is not enough to be insane. Even Nazis know right from wrong, they just did wrong anyway, see also "I was just following orders".

And yes, I'm going to continue this line of thinking in this thread until someone (ideally a Trump supporter, come out and comment, it literally can only help your standing here) points out how this anti-Biden authoritarian Nazi is, somehow, not on Trump's side.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-jus...b489507d1a9268

*insert scene from Starship Troopers where NPH puts his hand on the brain bug and looks at the soldiers to say "It's afraid!"*
    congratulations, this is the first time ever that Trump has been compared to a brain

Furious Trump glares into the camera and shakes his fists as judge sets Stormy Daniels trial for March 25, 2024 - in the middle of the GOP primaries and months before the presidential election

Donald Trump threw his hands in the air in fury during a virtual appearance in a Manhattan court on Tuesday as a judge scheduled the Stormy Daniels 'hush money' criminal trial for March 25, 2024.

It means the former president will be in a Manhattan courtroom for weeks in the middle of the Republican primaries and just months before the presidential election.

The court day lies just weeks after the 'Super Tuesday' primaries set for March 5, and days after Florida's March 19 contest that will pit Trump against Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Trump, 76, scowled into the camera during a Zoom appearance as Judge Juan Merchan told him to cancel all commitments during the trial and put a protective order in place banning him from sharing evidence in public.

He made the appearance as it was revealed his main rival in the GOP race, DeSantis, would formally announce he is running for President in a Twitter Spaces on Wednesday night.

------

I couldn't help but laugh out loud..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Furious Trump glares into the camera and shakes his fists as judge sets Stormy Daniels trial for March 25, 2024 - in the middle of the GOP primaries and months before the presidential election

Donald Trump threw his hands in the air in fury during a virtual appearance in a Manhattan court on Tuesday as a judge scheduled the Stormy Daniels 'hush money' criminal trial for March 25, 2024.

It means the former president will be in a Manhattan courtroom for weeks in the middle of the Republican primaries and just months before the presidential election.

The court day lies just weeks after the 'Super Tuesday' primaries set for March 5, and days after Florida's March 19 contest that will pit Trump against Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Trump, 76, scowled into the camera during a Zoom appearance as Judge Juan Merchan told him to cancel all commitments during the trial and put a protective order in place banning him from sharing evidence in public.

He made the appearance as it was revealed his main rival in the GOP race, DeSantis, would formally announce he is running for President in a Twitter Spaces on Wednesday night.

------

I couldn't help but laugh out loud..
    I have a feeling he's more mad that the court date takes place after all of those rallies and events. If it was before he could claim how the court case made him look bad for voters and that's why he lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "Judge Juan Merchan told him to cancel all commitments during the trial"
    This is actually really significant. How many cases has Trump skipped because he was too important and doing other things? How many times was he allowed to do a deposition on tape and not sit on the stand? The judge is telling Trump to take this trial seriously.

In any game, or things you treat like games, if you keep using the same strategy over and over, your opponents will figure it out. Trump's strategy of putting in no effort and only bullshit claims with no evidence, wasting the courts' time on non-motions and shouting at passing clouds, isn't working. He's now also being told "stop doing that".

He should not have to be told. Trump is facing felony charges (and Mar-a-Lago hasn't even been filed yet) and should be taking this seriously. The fact that the judge had to remind him is damning.

I mean, name one other human on this planet who, when told they would need to appear in court for the criminal charges against them, would be surprised. Well...not a sane human being, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Until he gets a diagnosis, "legit willing Nazi" is the default. Just because he's stupid doesn't mean he's insane. Plenty of non-insane people were Nazis. And I'm not yet willing to handwave this with "well of course he's crazy, look what he did". We open that door, then mass murderers stop going to jail. "Of course he's insane, what sane person would gun down four, ten, fifty people?" is not a defense I want gaining traction.

This case will go to court, and we'll get the answer eventually. Until then, until proven otherwise, I'm going with "actual willing participant in authoritarian culture and violent terrorism, waving a Nazi flag" as the evidence directly suggests, and "Trump supporter" as the evidence only implies but does not directly prove yet.

Nazi alone is not enough to be insane. Even Nazis know right from wrong, they just did wrong anyway, see also "I was just following orders".

And yes, I'm going to continue this line of thinking in this thread until someone (ideally a Trump supporter, come out and comment, it literally can only help your standing here) points out how this anti-Biden authoritarian Nazi is, somehow, not on Trump's side.
    Your focussing on the Nazi part. Being a Nazi doesn't make him, potentially, mentally ill.
    Deciding drive into the WH and kill Biden to take control of the country by himself is what makes him mentally ill.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this is overly reductive.

Yes, Nazis (and any other such group, like American Confederacy types) know right from wrong. That shouldn't be in question.

The problem is that they think that ideas like "Jews are leeches who are trying to destroy the superior Aryan races" are "right" and "correct" beliefs, and that their actions to annihilate the Jewish population to address that is thus also "right and correct". They literally see it as the correct moral choice, and that anyone refusing to agree with that is either part of the Jewish conspiracy themselves or, at best, completely clueless as to reality.

That makes no sense from the perspective of any viewpoint that understands the world primarily from objective reality and a lack of prejudice, obviously. But that's not the world they live in.

And before anyone mistake this as me being an apologist, the point here is not "and therefore we can't judge them because who's to say who's right?" The point is that we must judge them, that we must call out the underlying moral premises they endorse and believe in to be evil, and anyone basing their personal views upon those premises is thus also an evil person.

That's what makes them "evil". The desire to inflict suffering upon others, in pursuit of a moral agenda of cruelty, informed by lies that serve only to justify that intentional cruelty. They don't know it's "wrong"; they know society knows it's wrong, and they disagree. They think the cruelty and abuse is their moral guidepost.

And that's why you can't ever point out the cruelty and evil and get them to change their mind. They already know all that. They're not unaware of their choices. They just really want to hurt innocents and are gonna get increasingly upset that you won't let them. They're Cruella DeVille, entirely insistent that it's their right to brutally kill Dalmatian puppies because they want a neat coat.

You can't argue them out of that position. All you can do is inform everyone else as to who they really are so there are no shadows for them to hide in, and to condemn them so thoroughly they retreat entirely from public life and hide themselves and their views away. Y'know, like pedophiles do. You can't stop pedophiles from wanting to fuck kids, but you can ruin their lives if they're acting on those views and make them fear exposure enough they (hopefully) keep it to themselves and don't do anything that could ever risk exposure, like actually victimizing a child.

That's the only real option on the table, with Nazis. You have to put every one of them in the same category as "pedophiles" and "cannibals" and "serial killers" and "sheep fuckers". Discussing morality is pointless and won't ever convince anyone to reform. All you can do is apply enough legal pressure to suppress this bullshit until, at least in cases of chosen views like Nazism rather than mental illnesses like some of the others, the entire concept chokes to death from lack of oxygen and daylight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Your focussing on the Nazi part. Being a Nazi doesn't make him, potentially, mentally ill.
    Deciding drive into the WH and kill Biden to take control of the country by himself is what makes him mentally ill.
    Valid concern, but it changes nothing about my stance on the issue. The fact that he even attempted the crime, is not a defense, for the fact that he attempted the crime. "Nobody in their right mind would blow up an office building" is not an acceptable defense for the man who (tried to) blow up an office building.

You can be stupid, rash, thoughtless, ill-informed, or any mix of the above, without actually being insane. I'm still waiting for the diagnosis. Perhaps his friends and/or family will talk to the press and we'll have it sooner than his court date? Until that happens, all available evidence says he's a stupid, willing, Nazi, but sane, terrorist. The fact that nobody else would have tried this doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    huh? Renting a U-Haul isn't exactly complicated.
    I just googled it and most companies require you to be at least 25 to rent a car, you would think it would be the same or worse for something more awkward than an box truck from U-Haul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What a stupid kid. Life is not a video game, you don't get to just kill the leader of a faction and boom, now you're in charge. Does he even know anything about how our government works beyond "the President is the leader"?
    With the flag he had in his possession, no he doesn't. He sounds like he was a dropout or from the stupid parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I just googled it and most companies require you to be at least 25 to rent a car, you would think it would be the same or worse for something more awkward than an box truck from U-Haul.

- - - Updated - - -

With the flag he had in his possession, no he doesn't. He sounds like he was a dropout or from the stupid parts of the country.
    For proper car rentals yes. Uhauls are only 18/valid driver's license unless they have different rules around DC.

For proper car rentals yes. Uhauls are only 18/valid driver's license unless they have different rules around DC.
    TBH, that should be a law.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    /shrug If they did that, they'd lose a lot of the "college kids going off to school" business.

You can be stupid, rash, thoughtless, ill-informed, or any mix of the above, without actually being insane. I'm still waiting for the diagnosis. Perhaps his friends and/or family will talk to the press and we'll have it sooner than his court date? Until that happens, all available evidence says he's a stupid, willing, Nazi, but sane, terrorist. The fact that nobody else would have tried this doesn't change that.
    It's not a defense. I'm just saying, a person doesn't think they can single-handedly take over a country with a rented truck and a flag they bought online without something going on... Nazi or no Nazi.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james-...p-poll-numbers

House Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-KY) insisted with a straight face on Tuesday afternoon that he never actually tied his committee's investigation into the Biden family to former President Donald Trump’s poll numbers.

Of course, just the day before, Comer literally said that “Donald Trump is seven points ahead” of President Joe Biden because the “American people are keeping up with our investigation.”

Comer, whose anti-Biden probe has so far come up short with “hard proof” tying Biden to any corruption, has even come under fire from Fox News recently over his inability to provide any evidence to back up his lofty promises of a grand criminal scheme involving the president. Additionally, Comer has come away with even more egg on his face after he claimed that one of his investigation’s informants had gone “missing.”

Appearing on Fox & Friends First early Monday morning, Comer asserted that he was making real progress in his investigation, prompting co-host Ashley Strohmier to note that a conservative columnist recently wrote that the mainstream press couldn’t ignore the probe any longer.

“So do you think that because of your investigation, that is what’s moved this needle with the media?” Strohmier asked.

“Absolutely. There’s no question. You look at the polling, and right now Donald Trump is seven points ahead of Joe Biden and trending upward,” Comer responded. “Joe Biden’s trending downward. And I believe that the media is looking around, scratching their head, and they’re realizing the American people are keeping up with our investigation.”
    Do not believe what your eyes see. Do not believe what your ears hear.

Only believe what the party tells you.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james-...p-poll-numbers

Do not believe what your eyes see. Do not believe what your ears hear.

Only believe what the party tells you.
    They are just trying the same tactic they used against Hillary Clinton.