Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm honestly amazed his lawyers haven't taken his phone from him at this point.
    They couldn't get him off his phone in the White House, what makes you think some D-Tier lawyers would be able to?

Pentagon leak suspect Jack Teixeira is indicted by a federal grand jury

Reminder this is what a two tiered justice system actually looks like, this guy is facing a lesser version of the crimes Trump got indicted for and he has been in jail since April. In the mean time Trump is running around freely giving speeches and eating at restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They couldn't get him off his phone in the White House, what makes you think some D-Tier lawyers would be able to?
    He paid 3 million dollars to Chris Kise to represent him. He's apparently a very, very good lawyer and Trump sidelined him because he gave him sound legal advise.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...in-1234773043/

John Kelly pretended to be a ‘tough guy,’ but was actually weak and ineffective, born with a VERY small ‘brain,'” Trump wrote Friday on Truth Social. “He had a hard time functioning in a political world, and was truly an exhausted and beaten man when I fired him. In the end he was a ‘mummy’ who sat in his office and stared at the ceiling – he was ‘shot.’ I’ll never forget how his very nice wife told me that ‘“’John loves you, and respects you more than anyone, he will always say the BEST things about you.’ Oh well, so much for that!”
    John Kelly was Trump's hand-picked chief of staff...his third one I believe (maybe second?). Apparently "only the best people" includes people with a "VERY small 'brain'" whatever the quotes are supposed to mean.

Why does he keep hiring such incompetent people if he only hires the best people?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...help-desantis/

'Member when Trump "sent the feds" to help DeSantis in Florida? Or so he claimed?

The Department of Justice has no records of then-President Donald Trump sending federal agents to Florida in 2018 to help Ron DeSantis win the governorship, despite Trump’s claims that he did so.

Trump claimed on Truth Social in November 2022 that he sent federal agents to Florida to fight “voter fraud” and prevent Ron DeSantis losing his 2018 gubernatorial election:

In response to a lawsuit brought by CREW, the Department of Justice wrote that the Office of the Attorney General had no records relating to Trump sending federal law enforcement to Florida in connection with the 2018 election. The FBI previously told CREW and others that it also had no records of Trump’s claims actually happening.
    CREW has the sauce for this. I don't think this result surprises anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm honestly amazed his lawyers haven't taken his phone from him at this point.
    wouldn't help
    he's saying the stupidly incriminating stuff on stage at his campaign rallies
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Not anymore. He's being charged in a criminal case. The ole "what you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" absolutely stands here. Every single time he opens his fucking mouth after the arraignment and spews his lies can most definitely be held against him, which means it matters.
    Sorry, I'm not buying that. Trump has lied too much and too publicly for this to be the case. At worst for Trump, a DOJ guy can ask "when you said XXX in public, was that true?" when Trump is on the stand, and force him to admit he's a liar. It won't help the DOJ's case so they won't do that.

Simply put, I am not expecting Trump's many public admissions to be used in court as evidence. They're not. It's Trump lying to the American people. It is not a crime to lie to the American people.

...unless you're talking about the defamation case. Then hell yes, he's screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    John Kelly was Trump's hand-picked chief of staff.
    Someone with more time than me and more investment than me, so for example Chris Christie, needs to go back and make a list of all the people Trump intentionally hired on purpose, then said later "they were the worst person at the job I intentionally chose them for".

According to Trump, Trump is a horrible judge of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sorry, I'm not buying that. Trump has lied too much and too publicly for this to be the case. At worst for Trump, a DOJ guy can ask "when you said XXX in public, was that true?" when Trump is on the stand, and force him to admit he's a liar. It won't help the DOJ's case so they won't do that.

Simply put, I am not expecting Trump's many public admissions to be used in court as evidence. They're not. It's Trump lying to the American people. It is not a crime to lie to the American people.
    I mean, it depends on what his public admissions are. The ones where he said "I totally kept these papers because I'm allowed to keep these papers" are likely going to come up, given that it's literally confessing to the crime for which he was charged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I mean, it depends on what his public admissions are. The ones where he said "I totally kept these papers because I'm allowed to keep these papers" are likely going to come up, given that it's literally confessing to the crime for which he was charged.
    I mean, we'll find out eventually. But again, I don't see that happening. Trump speaking in public is not evidence of anything. Trump lies all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "was that true" isn't a question lawyers (good lawyers, at least) ever ask. They establish what you said, then they establish what was actually true, and if at all possible, identify whether you were ever informed of that truth, and then they can comfortably conclude that you lied. And you don't get to argue otherwise. You get to hope your defense team can ask you questions that let you give that answer, if there is one, without crossing legitimate lines of inquiry.

You never expect the witness you suspect of lying to admit that they were lying. You prove they were lying, and stuff that conclusion in their faces while they're sitting on the stand. The witness doesn't get to argue the point with you.

If you said you knew the documents weren't legitimately held by you, then that absolutely can be held against you. You're not going to be asked what you thought about that statement. Just whether you said it, and the prosecution will have witnesses in case you lie about it. Your defense team gets to try and play defense after the fact, and argue that you lie so much nothing you said in public should be taken seriously, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we'll find out eventually. But again, I don't see that happening. Trump speaking in public is not evidence of anything. Trump lies all the time.
    I’m not sure “my client lied about confessing to the crime he’s accused of doing” will get much legal traction.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    To repeat myself, that's the argument his defense team has to make. The prosecution just wants his claims on the record. The defense team are the ones who have to argue he lies and doesn't know anything and thus the statement should not be considered credible. You think Trump's going to stand for his own lawyers calling him a liar who doesn't know anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To repeat myself, that's the argument his defense team has to make. The prosecution just wants his claims on the record.
    I would love to see this. But I'm not holding my breath. Based purely on the 37 counts, Trump's claims in public might not be introduced as evidence -- they might not be needed, or they might be deemed irrelevant.

I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong. Either Trump confirms on the stand his own admission of guilt, or he confirms on the stand he's a liar. There is no good option for him.

I am about to drop a story that will Shock you!

That Time Donald Trump Promised "Food for Everyone" at Versailles

A glad-handing Trump was heard to declare, "Food for everyone!"

It turns out no one got anything. Not even a cafecito to-go.

A knowledgeable source assures New Times that Donald Trump's stop at Versailles totaled about ten minutes, leaving no time for anyone to eat anything, much less place an order.
    I love this guy!!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    How to say "Trump is a danger to national security" without saying "Trump is ..." oh, wait. They said it.

DOJ seeks protective order to prevent Trump from releasing classified materials amid ongoing investigation

The suggested protective order, which will be reviewed by Judge Bruce Reinhart, would allow Trump to review the 31 documents the DOJ is using in the case only while in the presence of his attorneys.

“Defendants shall only have access to Discovery Materials under the direct supervision of Defense Counsel or a member of Defense Counsel’s staff. Defendants shall not retain copies of Discovery Material. Defendants may take notes regarding Discovery Materials, but such notes shall be stored securely by Defense Counsel,” the DOJ wrote.

It also includes similar language to a protective order agreed to in another Trump case that bars the former president from disclosing evidence in the case. New York state prosecutors made that request as they pursue a 34-count indictment of Trump relating to a hush money scandal.

“The Discovery Materials, along with any information derived therefrom, shall not be disclosed to the public or the news media, or disseminated on any news or social media platform, without prior notice to and consent of the United States or approval of the Court,” the department wrote.
    "Surely Cannon will throw that out, being a biased hack MAGA nominee."

She will not, she handed it over to the judge that approved the Mar-a-Lago warrant.

"Oh, shit."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...in-1234773043/

John Kelly was Trump's hand-picked chief of staff...his third one I believe (maybe second?). Apparently "only the best people" includes people with a "VERY small 'brain'" whatever the quotes are supposed to mean.

Why does he keep hiring such incompetent people if he only hires the best people?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...help-desantis/

'Member when Trump "sent the feds" to help DeSantis in Florida? Or so he claimed?

CREW has the sauce for this. I don't think this result surprises anyone.

Hm. Sounds like Trump is confessing to concealing a grave and likely criminal abuse of office, and that DeSantis may not legitimate be the governor of Florida. There should definitely be a special prosecutor looking into this, and DeSantis should immediately be removed from office. Just to be on the safe side, until the Florida Legislature can get to the bottom of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I am about to drop a story that will Shock you!

That Time Donald Trump Promised "Food for Everyone" at Versailles

I love this guy!!
    The sad part is, it really won't matter. Everyone capable of a enough thought to understand that no one actually got anything is already voting against Trump. And the people who are willing to vote for him will hear "free food for everyone" and ignore everything else.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That along with the chyron calling Biden a wannabe dictator is sick and stupid.
    FOX News blamed it on a producer and fired him.

Eh, they're probably telling the truth.

Today was my last day at FOX. It’s been a wild 10 years and it was the best place I’ve ever worked because of the great people I met. But the time has come. I asked them to let me go and they finally did.
    -- the fired guy

-- the fired guy
    How many other Tucker Turncoats are there lurking amongst their ranks, eh? Fuckin hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    The sad part is, it really won't matter. Everyone capable of a enough thought to understand that no one actually got anything is already voting against Trump. And the people who are willing to vote for him will hear "free food for everyone" and ignore everything else.
    "Listen, what they do and its effect doesn't matter, it's the message they send!"

"Trump doesn't actually need to provide food, he said he wanted to, so that's enough!"

"The wall doesn't actually need to 'stop immigrants,' it just sends the message that we don't approve of them!"

"Trump might have profited by funneling government spending into his pocket while president, but he said he wanted to divest himself and that sends a good message that he's a stand up-guy!"

"The GOP says they stand for family values, so it doesn't matter if they support a thrice-divorced politician who cheated on his wife with a prostitute as a matter of public record!"

"The GOP doesn't actually need to apply the christian principles of giving and charity, they mention they love Jesus and represent his will so that means they do!"

Hmmm, seems quite a trend in the GOP and their voter base, doesn't it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Listen, what they do and its effect doesn't matter, it's the message they send!"
    That's actually true. Trump sent the following message:

DeSantis Hands Out Beer After Trump Dine-N-Dash

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was spotted on Friday distributing beers alongside his wife Casey DeSantis at a Veterans of Foreign Wars bunker bar in Reno, Nevada. DeSantis is making multiple campaign stops in the state before a Saturday appearance at the Basque Fry Fundraiser.
    Trump sent that message.

-- the fired guy
    Speaking of Fox News and Trump, Trump is now referring himself as "The King". Lets see how many of the sycophants out there will start calling him that. I mean, didn't we go to war with Brittain to get away from said thing?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f0ab14647&ei=7

Trump calls himself 'the King' in rambling attack on Fox News coverage

Reacting to a post on his own Truth Social that claimed Fox News is hurting without him, former president Donald Trump went on a three-post diatribe about the conservative network that culminated with him calling himself the "King."

After linking to a post from the Western Journal that claimed, "Fox News Gets Dethroned from Powerful Position Network Has Held Over 2 Years,” the twice-indicted former president lashed out in multiple directions writing, "Also—Do not broadcast negative ads against Republican and Conservative Candidates by Perverts and Misfits like the Failing Lincoln Project, and others. Roger Ailes never allowed that—And neither should a new and less successful Fox. Big turnoff! MSDNC and Fake News CNN will never allow positive Republican ads or hit pieces on Crooked Joe Biden. Fox must get smart fast before it’s too late. Only 'TRUMP' can save Fox News. It is in freefall!"

Having gotten another attack on the Lincoln Project out of the way, he soldiered on and declared in part, "Long live the King."

"Well, it’s happened, just as I predicted. The Golden Goose that was so beautiful is being slaughtered by Fools," he wrote. "MAGA has left Fox for more promising 'prairies.' Long live the King. The only solution for Fox News is to bring back Trump Allies and MAGA—Backing No Personality Ron DeSanctimonious has been a disaster…."