Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They #CANCELED that man's job.
    It's not canceling if it's due to critique of the top brass. Then it's getting rid of the traitor.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/16/11941...ctment-defense

Apparently the indicted co-conspirators don't get access to the Trump Legal Fund that is his PAC.

Jenna Ellis, one of the ladies who was standing next to Rudy while he was sweating ink and ranting, is going to GiveSendGo to beg people to fund her legal defense. Well, her lawyer is and she's boosting it.

Nearly $14,000 raised so far and a whole lotta prayers. The willingness of conservatives to donate money to shitty criminals continues to astound me. Have a heart and send her a prayer through the platform to let her know you're thinking of her, I hear thoughts and prayers are as good as real, concrete actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    #How I learned to stop worrying and love cancel culture.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Dunno about people's opinions on BTC, but the prosecutor he talks with makes a lot of good points
    BTC and Glenn Kirschner are some of the best.

- - - Updated - - -

When libs talk about an economy "percolating up" this isn't what we mean.

But I won't be sad if a bunch of Trump supporters choose to skip some meals and donate to a guy collecting indictments like he's Post Malone seeing a One Ring MTG card.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok nevermind, he's been predicting this about once a month since 2019 or so. Man conservatives are weird and consistently seem super fuckin jazzed at the possibility of being able to justifiably murder their fellow American.
    Is Tim Pool Kokolums? They are both fucking ignorant enough to keep saying this bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Is Tim Pool Kokolums? They are both fucking ignorant enough to keep saying this bullshit.
    I was wondering the same thing, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on, I have something for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    There it is!

In a related story, Mike Pence told a room full of Republicans that Georgia's election was not stolen. He got a standing ovation. But that was before Trump posted this:

Big News! Mike Pence said, “I met with the Parliamentarian of the Senate, Elizabeth MacDonough, to discuss the procedures for the upcoming joint session on January 6. She told me that Congress always receives miscellaneous slates of electors every four years.”

Greg Kelly, “That’s huge! A game changer in terms of information. It really turns upside down everything the Democrats said about January 6th, and this latest Federal Indictment.” DROP THE FAKE CASE!
    Greg Kelly is a Newsmax host, who was talking about what Mike Pence said, not interviewing him. I looked it up, and he went to law school at the University of South Doesn't Exist. So the odds that he somehow was the first person to find out something that would magically have helped Trump three years earlier, that neither Team Trump nor the prosecutors who arrested him knew about or found out about since, seems...how can I put this...highly unlikely.

In fact, since my legal degree is just as good as his -- I got it from University of North Doesn't Exist, let's go fighting Acting Heads! -- I'm just going to say it's either intentionally misleading ("a lie"), or someone desperately grasping at straws because their chosen leader is a felon and they don't want to admit they were wrong. Shafer and his co-conspirators signed a paper saying "we are the Electoral College voters for the State of Georgia" and filed that with Congress on purpose. They didn't wait until they were asked, they just did that on their own. Actually that part might not even matter all that much, if they conspired to do it but didn't, it's still conspiracy, just an unsuccessful one, problem is there is a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry this time. Whatever. Point is, I unquestioningly refute the idea that it's routine that the party who did not win, still gets together -- in secret -- still signs a form saying "we are the real voters", and still sends it into the EC. I reject the idea that this is what Pence said, and also that it's what Pence meant.

You know why I know that? I don't. I'm not a lawyer. But Texas sued Georgia to block their certification and SCOTUS blocked it.

The Supreme Court really let us down. No Wisdom, No Courage!
    -- X-President, Dec 11

Shafer's form is dated Dec 14. It couldn't have been official, and everyone knew that, all the way up to SCOTUS and Trump ("SCROTUM")

Maybe, maybe, it's possible the EC gets letters from people saying "hi, we're on standby ready to vote". Maybe. I admit that it's as possible as it is irrelevant. I handwave the idea that they get officially submitted counts from the losing party saying "just trust us on this".

We also have communications from Team Trump, saying the cruelty is the point, fuck, the confusion was the point.

The purpose of having the electoral votes sent in to Congress is to provide the opportunity to debate the election irregularities in Congress, and to keep alive the possibility that the votes could be flipped to Trump.
    -- Do You Even Chesebro, Nov 18

December 14th is when the E.C. meets. There were no irregularities to discuss then. Georgia had decided, and defended that decision to the highest level, successfully.

Now to be fair, three lawsuits were active well after the 14th. One case was brought about inspecting ballots for forgeries, and it would last until October before being tossed for lack of injury and lack of standing. Trump brought the other one, filed Dec 31st, yes the New Years Eve thing, and dropped it Jan 7th claiming he and Kemp had reached a settlement. Kemp refuted the statement of a settlement under oath, and the same day, Raffensperger said Team Trump's lawyers committed an act so unethical they should be disbarred.

We'll get bck to the third.

"Maybe Chesebro meant they should be on standby, and they jumped the gun on their own? Trump is innocent! MAGA!"

I don't believe so, not from the indictment. Shafer is charged with counts 8, 16, and 18, which are impersonation, forgery, and false statements. Trump is charged with 9, which is "conspiracy to charge 8" 17, which is "conspiracy to charge 16" and 19, which is "conspiracy to charge 18". Funny story: so is Chesebro. We have his Nov 18th email because the Jan 6th Committee got it, but I think there's more and I think Smith and Willis both have it.

And to top that all off, the third was Sidney Powell's lawsuit. She is also indicted as a co-conspirator. It could be argued that Trump and Powell had filed suits with the intent of creating the confusion their overthrow of democracy needed to succeed. They weren't waiting around for a court case to give them an opening, they baselessly sued -- and broke into voting machines -- to create them.

That's why they're all looking at charge 1, RICO.

But there you go, I think that's Trump going off half-cock and--

"Half-cocked."

Not in his case, no. I think Trump told us what the Monday Irrefutable REPORT is, I think there's demonstrably nothing to it, and most importantly, I think he could file every single item above in court and it would do less than nothing to help his case. Which is why he's instead telling his rabid fanbase, the only people left who believe him, and sadly, the people unable to help him in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not in his case, no. I think Trump told us what the Monday Irrefutable REPORT is, I think there's demonstrably nothing to it, and most importantly, I think he could file every single item above in court and it would do less than nothing to help his case. Which is why he's instead telling his rabid fanbase, the only people left who believe him, and sadly, the people unable to help him in any way.
    They are in fact the only people who can help him. Because the only option left for him it to be elected President and hide behind that.

Nothing in court is going to help him because he is categorically guilty.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...ici-rcna100222

Press secretary for Ohio Secretary of State fired. Why am I posting here?

Gonna be a lot of purity testing to see who's loyal to Dear Leader and who isn't. Who stands by him as he's the only, and most indicted former-POTUS in US history, and who calls him out.

Should be fun times, ahead!
    Frank LaRose was cancelled over things he said on social media? By a republican leader?! *clutches pearls*

- - - Updated - - -

Dang...should have scrolled before commenting LOL
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They are in fact the only people who can help him. Because the only option left for him it to be elected President and hide behind that.
    Georgia indictment, not this time.

Georgia indictment, not this time.
    He can't pardon himself from that but I can bet you that the US isn't going to imprison the current President while in office.

And he would absolutely have another go at naming himself President for life.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

He can't pardon himself from that but I can bet you that the US isn't going to imprison the current President while in office.

And he would absolutely have another go at naming himself President for life.
    I mean, he deserves an extra four years for free. Haven't you seen the state Obama left the US in when Trump took over? /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I can bet you that the US isn't going to imprison the current President while in office.
    I agree. Biden probably won't even be charged.

Just kidding, I know what you meant. Trump will have to thread a very narrow needle to both be convicted of a crime worth putting anyone else in prison, but also, winning the election somehow anyway. I don't think he can fit.

Speaking of unfit:

Now, after I read through this latest indictment of Trump, I found myself asking, how can we now really say that we're any better than what we're seeing in the old former Soviet Union?
    That's our old friend Laura Ingraham, and I find this offensive. If anyone's In Graham, it's me. Wait, it's spelled Ingrham? Nevermind, crisis averted.

FOX News has the whole thing, but you already know what it says. Trump is innocent and the charges are purely political, by the way, arrest Clinton and Biden. Oh, and it is all a big conspiracy.

Ingrham's entitled to her opinion, of course she can't back up a word of it. Meanwhile, I can back up calls of a conspiracy, on account there's a document which spells it out and I've linked it twice, cited it more, and even detailed some of the charges as best I could.

But FOX News apparently hasn't learned their lesson, and not just about backing baseless election conspiracies (which this is), but about backing Donald Trump. So, I hope nobody minds that I'm giving myself 10 CNN points for this. If FOX News is going to continue to stick their dick in this level of crazy, they're going to need extra doses of penniCNNillin to clear up the rash.

In fact, since my legal degree is just as good as his -- I got it from University of North Doesn't Exist, let's go fighting Acting Heads!
    You went to UNDE? No Way, Me too! I wonder if we knew each other!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's our old friend Laura Ingraham, and I find this offensive. If anyone's In Graham, it's me. Wait, it's spelled Ingrham? Nevermind, crisis averted.
    If she meant "how can we say we're better than the USSR when we elect con men and criminals like Trump and let them have the reins practically without consequence or concern of law, because our system is apparently so deeply corrupt that it only serves the interests of the rich and powerful", she'd have a point.

I'm betting that's not what she meant, though.

BREAKING: Trump to Surrender at Fulton County Jail, Confirms Sheriff

Former President Donald Trump is expected to turn himself in at Fulton County jail, along with the 18 other co-defendants charged in the Georgia 2020 election subversion case, according to a statement by the local sheriff on Tuesday.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...a-755150d10ea7

A Texas woman faces federal charges for allegedly threatening to kill the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s election fraud case and a Democratic member of Congress earlier this month.

In a criminal complaint filed Friday, federal investigators say Abigail Jo Shry, of Alvin, Texas, left a voicemail on Aug. 5 threatening to kill U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX).

According to the complaint, Shry admitted to Department of Homeland Security investigators she left the voicemail, which began, “Hey you stupid slave" followed by a racial epithet and then proceeded to threaten to kill anyone who went after Trump. That list included Chutkan, Lee, “all Democrats in Washington D.C. and all people in the LGBTQ community,” investigators wrote.

“You are in our sights, we want to kill you,” Shry allegedly said at one point, later adding, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you, so tread lightly, b****.”
    Trump supporters seem to be taking all this news well, remaining calm and level headed and not calling politicians to leave super racist voicemails that include both specific and generalized threats of violence and genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you don't need to read this:

Republicans rewrite history on Trump targeting Clinton after 2016

but some of y'all do. If anyone here tries the defense "Trump never went after a political opponent he beat while in office" they are objective liars, that makes them trolls, choosing not to read this isn't an excuse because it's all public information anyhow, and you know what to do.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...a-755150d10ea7

Trump supporters seem to be taking all this news well, remaining calm and level headed and not calling politicians to leave super racist voicemails that include both specific and generalized threats of violence and genocide.
    This isn't the only thing either, someone leaked the names and pictures of the Grand Jury Members from the Georgia case on an extreme right wing website, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them aren't getting death threats as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ine-rcna100239

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This isn't the only thing either, someone leaked the names and pictures of the Grand Jury Members from the Georgia case on an extreme right wing website, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them aren't getting death threats as well.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ine-rcna100239
    So apparently in Georgia, grand jury members names aren't kept secret, they're part of public record. So that's not actually a "leak" or anything, that's just the way GA does things and their names simply being public isn't a big deal.

The Trump supporters taking those names and tracking the individuals down to harass and threaten? Yeah, that's no bueno and painfully predictable. I do wonder if the folks on the receiving end of the harassment can sue Trump like the Sandy Hook families sued Jones. Because those families won.

15+ Year Old Account
    So apparently in Georgia, grand jury members names aren't kept secret, they're part of public record. So that's not actually a "leak" or anything, that's just the way GA does things and their names simply being public isn't a big deal.

The Trump supporters taking those names and tracking the individuals down to harass and threaten? Yeah, that's no bueno and painfully predictable. I do wonder if the folks on the receiving end of the harassment can sue Trump like the Sandy Hook families sued Jones. Because those families won.
    Certainly isn't going to help Trump's defense if it looks like his supporters are being weaponized to obstruct justice.