https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...ewsmax-1822347

"I came in, I was treated very nicely but it is what it is," Trump said. "I took a mugshot, I'd never heard the words mug shot, they didn't teach me that at the Wharton School of Finance."
    Didn't he talk about mugshots weeks or months ago or something? Either way, what an out of touch elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't he talk about mugshots weeks or months ago or something?
    His campaign has been selling fake mug shot T-shirts since April.

The Trump DoJ filed a motion before SCOTUS to have mug shots private, not public. He did that in 2017.

And, of course, he's an 80-year-old couch potato who thinks life is what happens on TV.

So he's either lying, senile, or insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imbas Forosnai View Post
    I loathe the guy and I’m loving the entertainment surrounding his arrest, but let’s not pretend--
    Yes, yes, lots of people lie to the cops. The term for that is criminal. And 215? He lied by sixty pounds and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So he's either lying, senile, or and insane.
    Fixed that for you.

https://newrepublic.com/post/175197/...n-trump-arrest

Republicans can't shut up about "CIVIL WAR" either.

Sarah, "I can see Russia from my house and I read all the newspapers, don't ask for specifics I read them all." Palin, who has failed at everything after being governor of Alaska including her appearances on the Masked Singer and more, is predicting "CIVIL WAR" because a criminal got arrested.

Interesting that this is all on Newsmax, it seems Fox is trying to keep the most extreme crazies off the air following their nearly $1B settlement and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://newrepublic.com/post/175197/...n-trump-arrest

Republicans can't shut up about "CIVIL WAR" either.

Sarah, "I can see Russia from my house and I read all the newspapers, don't ask for specifics I read them all." Palin, who has failed at everything after being governor of Alaska including her appearances on the Masked Singer and more, is predicting "CIVIL WAR" because a criminal got arrested.

Interesting that this is all on Newsmax, it seems Fox is trying to keep the most extreme crazies off the air following their nearly $1B settlement and all.
    Isn't Newsmax going through quite the shredder themselves over the uhm, name escapes me, voting machine producers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Isn't Newsmax going through quite the shredder themselves over the uhm, name escapes me, voting machine producers?
    Last I heard the lawsuit was ongoing, yes, but they've handled the issue by simply saying vile things.

Incidentally, Trump had a Newsmax interview, during which he claimed he was arrested for telling people to watch Newsmax, again, he lies about everything all the time.

“I mean, I have counts where, you’re gonna love this and [Newsmax CEO] Chris Ruddy will be thrilled,” Trump said. “But one of the things is, I told people, ‘Newsmax.’ Did you know that? That was one of my counts. I told people to watch Newsmax.”

“We love it, Sir,” Kelly said.

“I got charged for telling people to watch Newsmax

“Thank you for that,” Kelly replied, before trying to move on.

“I hope you don’t get charged,” Trump joked. “You’ll probably get charged because I mentioned your name, so, but I think you’ll be ok.”

“I think it’s a badge of honor, quite frankly,” Kelly replied. “And let’s see what happens.”
    Once again, this is a lie. Trump was not arrested for telling people to watch Newsmax. What he said was a lie. He lied.

"Perhaps he was joking the entire time."

Hmm. So, Newsmax brought Trump on, with the sole intention of him not discussing the topics, but instead to make shit up? That doesn't sound like an interview. That sounds like a sitcom.

Incidentally, it looks like he did two interviews, but one of them got cut off.

Hmm. So, Newsmax brought Trump on, with the sole intention of him not discussing the topics, but instead to make shit up? That doesn't sound like an interview. That sounds like a sitcom.
    It's more likely they brought him on to have an interview...but they made the mistake of treating Trump like he's any other candidate. You can't just interview Trump. He will steamroll over you with whatever bullshit he wants to say until you just give up. I mean, even in that exchange you posted you can see that the interviewer wants to move on from the "I was arrested for telling people to watch your network" shit.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2023-08-25 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's more likely tthey brought him on to have an interview...but they made the mistake of treating Trump like he's any other candidate. You can't just interview Trump. He will steamroll over you until you just give up. I mean, even in that exchange you posted you can see that the interviewer wants to move on from the "I was arrested for telling people to watch your network" shit.
    Then they're incompetent. Everyone knows who Trump is by now, and not even FOX News will have him on. Either this was a mistake and they're stupid, or this was an intentional attempt to spread lies. Neither side is redeeming. Even Carlson knew to tape delay and edit.

Then they're incompetent. Everyone knows who Trump is by now, and not even FOX News will have him on. Either this was a mistake and they're stupid, or this was an intentional attempt to spread lies. Neither side is redeeming. Even Carlson knew to tape delay and edit.
    I mean, CNN did the same thing with their Town Hall. They all think they can grab the tiger by the tail. FOX would still absolutely let him on...but he's on a mission to destroy FOX now.

If Carlson was still on FOX News (and Trump wasn't actively campaigning against FOX)... he would still bring Trump on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, CNN did the same thing with their Town Hall.
    That was also stupid. FOX News had settled a month before. They haven't been forgiven for that, either.

That was also stupid. FOX News had settled a month before. They haven't been forgiven for that, either.
    I'm not defending them here. I'm just saying what they're all doing. They all know that bringing Trump on drives up the ratings. So they bring him on and think that, this time, they'll be able to control him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not defending them here. I'm just saying what they're all doing. They all know that bringing Trump on drives up the ratings. So they bring him on and think that, this time, they'll be able to control him.
    I mean, you're probably right. I am heartened that only Newsmax and some guy on Twitter bothered asking this time.

I mean, you're probably right. I am heartened that only Newsmax and some guy on Twitter bothered asking this time.
    Well, we don't know who all asked...we just know who Trump said "yes" to.

If it's any consolation... I think CNN might have learned a lesson with their town hall. The amount of viewers they lost for bringing Trump in wasn't worth the amount they gained for having him on.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2023-08-25 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we don't know who all asked...we just know who Trump said "yes" to.
    I'n going to unilaterally declare FOX News didn't ask. Trump stiffed them.

I'n going to unilaterally declare FOX News didn't ask. Trump stiffed them.
    They asked him to be in the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Donald Trump says he is *checks notes* 215 lbs.

I...

Hm.
    In one picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    They asked him to be in the debate.
    They did, and we'll never know how that would have gone. As I had posted, the moderators were a little more effective this time. But when Trump decided to have a taped interview play over the live debates, I think it's safe to say FOX News was more than a little insulted, plus Murdoch apparently hates him now. I don't think they asked for a one-on-one interview, and if they did, they're stupider than CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbas Forosnai View Post
    I loathe the guy and I’m loving the entertainment surrounding his arrest, but let’s not pretend that many people aren’t entirely truthful about their weight, even in regards to official documents — it’s a trivial thing to focus on and kinda weird.
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

- - - Updated - - -

They did, and we'll never know how that would have gone. As I had posted, the moderators were a little more effective this time. But when Trump decided to have a taped interview play over the live debates, I think it's safe to say FOX News was more than a little insulted, plus Murdoch apparently hates him now. I don't think they asked for a one-on-one interview, and if they did, they're stupider than CNN.
    Well sure, but, like I said, he's made it his mission to destroy FOX News because they failed their loyatly test.

And as far as hating Trump goes...Tucker Carlson can't stand him either:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64886188

"We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights," he wrote in a text sent on 4 January 2021. "I truly can't wait."

"I hate him passionately," he added.
    "That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump."

10+ Year Old Account
    And as far as hating Trump goes...Tucker Carlson can't stand him either:
    Tucker Carlson is such a whore, Trump paid him $130,000 to be on the interview.

The number of people pretending to be electors now saying Trump told them to rose to three. Now that's some fake news.

Because they were fake electors, and it's news about them.

Three Georgia Republicans who falsely claimed to be electors for Donald Trump — and are now charged alongside him in a sprawling racketeering indictment brought by local prosecutors — say they took the steps they did because Trump, then the sitting president, told them to.

In a series of court filings this week, those false electors, who became part of Trump’s last-ditch bid to subvert the 2020 election, said it was Trump and his campaign lawyers who urged them to sign the false documents, claiming they were necessary to preserve Trump’s flailing court efforts to reverse his defeat to Joe Biden. That exhortation from Trump’s campaign lawyers, they said, amounted to federal government permission to take the actions they did.

The three false electors making the argument are David Shafer, a former state GOP chair; Shawn Still, now a state senator; and Cathleen Latham, a local GOP official.

“Mr. Still, as a presidential elector, was also acting at the direction of the incumbent president of the United States,” an attorney for Still argued Thursday in a court filing seeking to transfer the case against him to federal court. “Trump's instructed Mr. Still and the other contingent electors that they had to meet and cast their ballots on Dec. 14, 2020.”
    By the way, this is above and beyond the fake electors that, erm, miraculously not charged with a crime for some reason even though their name was on the page.

Now bear in mind, this is not your standard ratting someone out. Still seems to be claiming "I didn't break the law, because Trump said it was okay". This is an admission of guilt, by the way. He's not saying he didn't do it, he's saying that it was okay that he did. The implication of Trump via Trump's not WH but Trump's lawyers is going to cripple Trump's defense, because what happens when he denies it?

Just throwing it out there, the President of the United States cannot direct state electors. Still has no defense. Still has a mitigating factor to his guilt.

And again, even if he thought the election was rigged (it wasn't) and even if Trump told him to (seems realistic), he still claimed to be the real elector filing for the winning party, which by the election, the audit, and the recount, were all known false for a week. And I don't think there's any "contingent" filings allowed, or more to the point, I don't think the paper they signed officially and filed officially said "contingent". Let me double check.

(a few moments later)

Please refer to my earlier post. They did not use terms in any way like "if it turns out you need this". They claimed to be the duly elected EC voters. They lied.

Oh, did I say "he"? I meant "they".

Latham similarly argued that she was acting “at the direction. of the President of the United States.” And Shafer in a similar petition seeking to move the Fulton County case to federal court contended that he “and the other Republican Electors in the 2020 election acted at the direction of the incumbent President and other federal officials.”
    Yeah, Shafer is trying to claim he is a federal employee, it seems, because Trump asked him to commit a crime and he did it. Good luck with that. The WH isn't part of any election campaign, everyone here already knows that. Trump got in trouble for that already, so he knows it too. If Shafer didn't get the memo, that's on him. Maybe he should follow me here, like and subscribe, brought to you by Raid Shadow Legends oh god no But just in case you missed, experts are still talking about it.

Georgia State Law Prof. Clark Cunningham told CNN on Wednesday that Shafer's argument "could be devastating for the former president."

"Shafer explicitly places the entire responsibility for the fake electoral scheme squarely on Donald Trump," he told the network. "He says, 'I was acting at his personal direction.' He does that because he's trying to get into federal court under a law that says even if you're not an officer of the United States, if you are acting under the officer's direction, you can get to federal court. He is making that statement to get to federal court, but at the same time implicating Trump directly in the fake elector scheme."
    The Hatch Act does the rest -- no, if he was acting for a political campaign, he was not acting for the White House. Full stop.

Even FOX News knows this, they've dinged Biden for saying MAGA.

So, yes, Trump is going to have a hard time claiming these people acted on their own. If he tries, they'll realize Trump is trying to scapegoat them, and...well, remember how I said earlier this wasn't a standard ratting out? It would immediately become so. They're already on the record saying Trump told them to do it, Smith and/or Willis probably have communications, possibly handed over by those three in their asserted defense attempt. (If there are no communications then those three are probably good and fucked, but with the RICO charge, I don't think that's true) Trump can, at best, try to claim his lawyers did all that for him, but again communications are seized, RICO was charged, those claims may fall on blindfolded eyes.

I will admit, "we did it but it was okay" might be the only option these traitors to the United States of America have left. It was a perfect phone call! I honestly believed there was fraud! I weigh 215 pounds, everyone lies to the police!

It better not be a defense that works.

Tucker Carlson is such a whore, Trump paid him $130,000 to be on the interview.
    At least Trump is consistent. THats the same amount he paid Stormy Daniels...