https://newrepublic.com/maz/post/176...-erdogan-orban

“The whole world is exploding. You know I was very honored—Victor Orban, did anyone ever hear of him? He’s probably one of the strongest leaders anywhere in the world. Right? He’s the leader of Turkey,” Trump said to a quiet crowd in Derry, New Hampshire.
    Did y'all know Victor Orban is president of Turkey? That's news to me!

Anyways, the guy that keeps saying his opponent is having cognitive issues is getting his authoritarians mixed up as he continues to fall over himself to praise any and every authoritarian that will ever say any nice thing about him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.the-independent.com/news...-b2434785.html

Safe to assume it's a lie as Donald is just desperate for anything to distract from the "fact" that he's never been indicted before and he's never even heard the word before, he says he's apparently in communication with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who is worried about Joe Biden.

This is pretty big if true, and I'd imagine that federal agencies might have a few questions about conversations that a former president is having with the current dictator and head of rogue state North Korea are talking about.

Though again, pretty safe to assume this is just complete bullshit from a buy who is getting all his authoritarians and dictators mixed up. Was it Stalin? Maybe it was Pol Pot. I bet it was King Louie, actually.

Presented without comment but with no small amount of snickering:

'You don’t have to vote': Trump urges MAGA fans to ditch the polls in 2024

During ex-President Donald Trump appearance in New Hampshire Monday, the MAGA hopeful told the audience not to vote in the 2024 presidential election, The Daily Beast reports.

Per the Beast, Trump "said he would have 'plenty of votes'—enough that instead of voting, his fans should 'get out there and watch those voters,' presumably referring to supporters of his eventual opponent. 'You don’t have to vote, don't worry about voting. The voting, we got plenty of votes.'"

This come as the former president continues to claim the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him, while facing two criminal indictments — one in Washington, D.C., and the other in Fulton County, Georgia — over his attempt to overturn the election.

It's as if he's slowly slipping into the beginning stages of senility.
    By the end of the year...maybe we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's as if he's slowly slipping into the beginning stages of senility.
    Let's pretend it's true. (It's a lot easier to pretend, if it is true, but we don't know for sure)

Trump has done nothing for the last four years but try to stay in the WH. He's surrounded by lawyers doing nothing but pushing him away from the many trials he wants to be in, so he can do Lawyer TV Show things. He keeps saying the election was stolen and the charges against him are all fake. If he's full-on demented, he probably believes all that -- even if he didn't before.

Now, take that person, and tell him "you can't run for office".

If you're right...you might see the proof of it when his rage explodes so hard, you can see the orange dust from space.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Anything Trump says when he's not on the stand is useless, but, I think it's possible he never actually hired Powell.
    Willing to bet there's a good chance that he tries to argue that she never worked for him because he never paid her. Which in all fairness, he probably never did, even if he was supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

While there's some not so thinly veiled language implying that he's asking his supporters to intimidate actual voters, I don't think anyone really has any issues if all of Donald's supporters just stayed home and watched the results on the tele on election day, either.

I really hope we're at the wild card part of this show. When "Fucking Around" meets "Finding Out".

I'll allow it. If his voters listen to this then that will be great, just like how they listened and didn't vote by mail.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Is this him letting it slip that they already have a ballot stuffing plan in place?

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Is this him letting it slip that they already have a ballot stuffing plan in place?
    Honestly, I don't think it's as clever as that... It's more likely just him being a colossal dumbass and drinking his own Kool-Aid with the election fraud bullshit.

Looks like another may be soon flipping on Trump. (I took this from a Washington Post article someone posted, but I can't get past pay wall.)

ATLANTA — Jenna Ellis, a former lawyer for Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, plans to plead guilty Tuesday to illegally conspiring to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia, according to a court document. This will make her the third attorney associated with the former president to accept a plea deal in the sweeping criminal racketeering case.

Ellis, who had been facing two charges including violating Georgia’s anti-racketeering act, is expected to plead guilty to a reduced charge in court on Tuesday.

She will become the fourth Trump co-defendant to plead guilty in the case. Atlanta bail bondsman Scott Hall, accused of playing a wide-ranging role in the conspiracy to reverse Trump’s loss in Georgia, pleaded guilty Sept. 29 in a cooperation deal with prosecutors. Former pro-Trump attorneys Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro each pleaded guilty last week on the eve of their scheduled joint trial in the case.

As part of their plea deals, Hall, Powell and Chesebro each recorded a lengthy video answering prosecutors’ questions about their roles and the roles of others in the alleged election interference conspiracy.

Ellis will be the second co-defendant with known direct links to Trump to plead guilty in the case. A onetime Fox News regular who was hired in late 2019 as a legal adviser to the Trump campaign, Ellis was part of the post-2020 election legal team, appearing alongside former New York mayor and personal Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell at press conferences where she echoed false claims of election fraud.

She worked closely with Giuliani, traveling to battleground states including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania where prosecutors say she spoke to lawmakers urging them to reject the popular vote results in their states. The Georgia indictment also pointed to memos she wrote for Trump outlining how Vice President Mike Pence could overturn the election results.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Keep it coming, please. The Georgia case is the only hope I have of keeping Trump out of the White House... well that and potentially overwhelming numbers of young people voting, but I don't know if I want to hold out for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Willing to bet there's a good chance that he tries to argue that she never worked for him because he never paid her.
    That will fail. Lawyers working pro bono, and/or on contingency, exist. If both Powell and Trump refuse to bring up an agreement contract, maybe that will work. If she has anything he signed, it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Looks like another may be soon flipping on Trump.
    Jenna Ellis pleads guilty in Georgia election interference case

Good call.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post election challenges
    -- major Team Trump player Jenna Ellis, to the judge, in tears

Anything Trump says when he's not on the stand is useless, but, I think it's possible he never actually hired Powell.

Irrelevant.

You can conspire to commit crimes with lawyers you know but don't hire.

You can conspire with lawyers hired by other people.

And, if he does say this on the stand, nobody gets privilege.
    Hiring requires some sort of payment. Trump doesn't pay anyone unless they demand it upfront. Yes, contingencies exist but Trump never agrees to those from what I can tell. The only thing that is out there is a text from the hair dye leaking ghoul that she is representing Trump in whatever lawsuits were from the 2020 election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Eh, Trump did that tactic in Georgia when he couldn't get his way. Well, it worked as he did cause the state to turn blue as a lot of Republicans chose to not vote thinking it was rigged anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're right...you might see the proof of it when his rage explodes so hard, you can see the orange dust from space.
    I believe we have footage of this scene.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/j...rgia-rico-case

Jenna Ellis, the attorney who played a top public role in the effort to reverse Trump’s 2020 election loss, agreed to take a plea deal to resolve the Georgia RICO case against her.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee approved the deal at a Tuesday morning hearing.

Per a copy of the plea agreement, Ellis has agreed to plead guilty to one felony count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings.

A prosecutor with Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ office said at the hearing that Ellis had agreed to cooperate with the investigation and provide testimony per the agreement.

Per the deal, Ellis will receive five years of probation, and have to pay $5,000 in restitution to the state. Like the other three defendants to have pleaded guilty, she also has to submit an apology letter and provide records and other evidence to the prosecution.

Ellis played a starring role in Rudy Giuliani’s barnstorming of various state legislatures with outlandish claims of voter fraud.
    Flip flops, the lot of them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, as our Aussie brethren would call them, "thongs".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is finding out what happens when you don't pay your lawyers.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Mugshot Barbie to Plea Deal Barbie Conversion kit.

Last edited by Egomaniac; 2023-10-24 at 05:27 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    2) Nothing Trump says means anything unless he's on the stand.
    This is what everyone who still cares about the Orange Turd is worried about. Trump has Word Salad Syndrome, or in real talk, he's a fucking idiot, so once he's on the stand and sworn in, his goose is cooked, because even my 10-year-old daughter could get him off topic during cross examination.

It's why we rarely see him in depositions and, IIRC, he's yet to take the stand in an actual trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    he's yet to take the stand in an actual trial.
    Whether he has or hasn't, he's play-acting now. Big speeches on the courtroom steps, huffing and throwing his arms up (got yelled at for that), TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON HIS FAILING SOCIAL PLATFORM, and of course, showing up when he contributes nothing.

Trump is a coward. His followers are cowards, that's why they fled, they're welcome back at any time but they have nothing to work with. But taking the Fifth hundreds of times and letting Trump U. die rather than take the stand are just the warm-up acts to what we're going to see.

Trump is yelling that it's all rigged, it's all fake, it's all a hoax, then will take the stand, be asked about specific things other witnesses said, specific objects and communications being held in front of him, and he'll curl up into a ball and whimper on live television.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is what everyone who still cares about the Orange Turd is worried about. Trump has Word Salad Syndrome, or in real talk, he's a fucking idiot, so once he's on the stand and sworn in, his goose is cooked, because even my 10-year-old daughter could get him off topic during cross examination.

It's why we rarely see him in depositions and, IIRC, he's yet to take the stand in an actual trial.
    The only time he actually shows up in the courtroom is for the civil trials when he doesn’t have to take the stand. Instead he gets to launch Gohmert-tier tantrums when witnesses say shit he doesn’t like, mean-mug whenever anybody makes eye contact, then spew bullshit during recess. If anybody actually tried to get him on the stand then all we’d see is a puff of smoke complete with Roadrunner sound gags.