Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    -SNIP-
    Just out of curiosity, did you intended to add the bit at the end, or did it get added automatically while you were at that location?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did you intended to add the bit at the end, or did it get added automatically while you were at that location?
    That's usually automatic when you're connecting through public WIFI at some places, yes, but generally you can edit it out before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merchan is going there.

THEREFORE, Defendant is hereby put on notice that if appropriate and warranted, future
    violations of its lawful orders will be punishable by incarceration; and it is hereby

ORDERED, that Defendant pay a $1,000 fine for his violation of this Court's lawful order
    by the close of business on Friday, May 10, 2024;and it is further

ORDERED that if the offending statement has been posted to Defendant's T'ruth Social
    account or his official campaign website, it is to be removed by 2:15pm lt{onday, May 6,2024.

The foregoing constitutes the Decision and Order of the Court

I'll believe it when I see it. If you or I violated a gag order like this we'd be in jail after the 2nd offense if not the first.

yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Because I don't believe Trump will be able to control himself and not do it again
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The "if appropriate and warranted" part is the wiggle room that means it'll never happen. Not that it isn't warranted, but it will always be argued that it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I half wonder if the low fine is bait so Trump feels comfortable violating it again.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I half wonder if the low fine is bait so Trump feels comfortable violating it again.
    That's the maximum he can fine. The penalty is up to $1k or 30 days in prison per violation and the judge is very aware that the financial penalty is not meaningful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The "if appropriate and warranted" part is the wiggle room that means it'll never happen.
    I know, I know, but...look, we all know Trump is being handled better than any carbon-based life form would and far better than he deserves. I think the judge has been exceptionally clear on the topic and this, hopefully, is a warning shot close enough that Trump chooses to shut the fuck up rather than risk it.

In other words, it's not that I think y'all wrong, but I hope we don't find out. This judge has more than earned the right to put Trump in jail based on his on-the-record actions in this case alone. He was specifically and directly told "this can put you in jail". The judge has this authority. Trump is a coward.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the maximum he can fine. The penalty is up to $1k or 30 days in prison per violation and the judge is very aware that the financial penalty is not meaningful.
    Bring on the 30 days. I'm ready. You're ready. I'm guessing at least half the country is ready at this point, if not more.

Bring on the 30 days. I'm ready. You're ready. I'm guessing at least half the country is ready at this point, if not more.
    It won't be 30 initially, but judge Merchan sure made it sound like the next violation will result in at least some amount of jailtime. I imagine starting small, like "The court is adjourning for recess, however the defendant is remanded to jail until the court returns to session and shall not speak with members of the press etc."

You know, a small baby timeout. We'll see if he does more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing at least half the country is ready at this point, if not more.
    Trump's base is ready. They will call it a bigly huge witch hunt hoax. I think, at this point, they want Trump to go to jail. Trump has been fanning the flames of "I'm Nelson Mandela and Biden is Hitler" specifically because he knows jail time might happen. For his many crimes. He needs a cover story.

But being sent to jail for attacking the judge will not send the message he needs to send to anyone outside of his base. It's 100% his fault and everyone will see that. His base will yell "First Amendment" but they were going to vote for him anyhow. Indys who see Trump constantly attack the judge, get multiple slaps on the wrist, continue to attack the judge, be warned, continue to attack the judge, be jailed for it as a negative.

Being jailed costs Trump votes he can't afford to lose. And no way does the Trump campaign not know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think the best punishment for Trump isn't jail time: It's taking away his phone(s), barring him from the use of any electronic device that can access the internet for the duration of the trial and fines/jail time for anyone who helps Trump put messages out using other people as middlemen, meaning he can't just demand an aide give him their phone to use.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2024-05-06 at 06:11 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Honestly, I think the best punishment for Trump isn't jail time: It's taking away his phone(s), barring him from the use of any electronic device that can access the internet for the duration of the trial and fines/jail time for anyone who helps Trump put messages out using other people as middlemen, meaning he can't just demand an aide give him their phone to use.
    I would 100% be happy with house arrest at Mar-a-Lago with no internet/phone access. For most of us that would still be luxury. For him it would be fucking hell.

I would 100% be happy with house arrest at Mar-a-Lago with no internet/phone access. For most of us that would still be luxury. For him it would be fucking hell.
    That shit would be absolutely unenforceable, especially when he can just grab an aide and take their phone/tell them to log into his account and post some shit. You'd need a court-appointed babysitter to keep him off the internet and I don't believe those exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    That shit would be absolutely unenforceable, especially when he can just grab an aide and take their phone/tell them to log into his account and post some shit. You'd need a court-appointed babysitter to keep him off the internet and I don't believe those exist.
    That's why I commented anyone who aids Trump in violating the order would be subjecct to fines and jail time. How willing would the poor schlubs around Trump be willing to go to jail for him and pay fines they can't afford to pay just so he can sate his internet addiction?
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2024-05-06 at 07:01 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    and fines/jail time for anyone who helps Trump put messages out
    That's the one, right there. It would not surprise me if Trump himself was not hitting "Send" on all of Trump's messages. Taking away Trump's phone does nothing if someone else can YELL IN ALL CAPS FOR HIM.

Difficult to enforce, yes, but not unenforceable. He has a Secret Service detail that can keep anyone in contact with him from passing off a phone and anyone he tells to do it on their behalf can be fined for doing so.

He can spend his days in "executive time" fuming at the television and throwing foodstuffs at the walls of his personal palace, letting the rage drain away his life.

Difficult to enforce, yes, but not unenforceable. He has a Secret Service detail that can keep anyone in contact with him from passing off a phone and anyone he tells to do it on their behalf can be fined for doing so.

He can spend his days in "executive time" fuming at the television and throwing foodstuffs at the walls of his personal palace, letting the rage drain away his life.
    That's not their job and I don't believe the court can order them to do so. They have a mission: Protect the POTUS (and their family, sometimes). That's it. They're not otherwise law enforcement that are going to narc on their boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not their job and I don't believe the court can order them to do so. They have a mission: Protect the POTUS (and their family, sometimes). That's it. They're not otherwise law enforcement that are going to narc on their boss.
    And I don't see Biden forcing the issue for a state government. His interests are best served staying apart from this.