1. #90581
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dudes dodging being served.
    I always wondered what's the purpose of it. Just to delay a bit more? Or does he think he can avoid it forever?

  2. #90582
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I always wondered what's the purpose of it. Just to delay a bit more? Or does he think he can avoid it forever?
    Stupid Survivor.
    Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast.
    1: Failed.
    2: Failed.
    3: He might die first, so technically he might outlast it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  3. #90583
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fox 10 Phoenix says Giuliani has been served. I'm looking for a second source now.
    I've seen it reported by NYPost. Apparently when it happened someone actually cried, people yelled at the ones serving, and of course you got stuff like "There's crime out there, so why did they go for this crime first?"

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  4. #90584
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    19,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I always wondered what's the purpose of it. Just to delay a bit more? Or does he think he can avoid it forever?
    He literally made a post saying if they couldn't find him, then the indictment doesn't count, or something absurdly stupid like that. And this is a former lawyer.

  5. #90585
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He literally made a post saying if they couldn't find him, then the indictment doesn't count, or something absurdly stupid like that. And this is a former lawyer.
    That's a generational thing most likely.
    40+ years ago you COULD hide successfully, dodging being served almost indefinitely by moving state to state.
    Nowadays, it's a lot harder with the interconnected nature of the world in general.
    Working with state agencies across state lines isn't a time consuming thing anymore unless a state wants to delay it.
    Laws changed, times changed, he did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  6. #90586
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fox 10 Phoenix says Giuliani has been served. I'm looking for a second source now.
    NBC News has more - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...rth-rcna152905

    Rudy Giuliani is served indictment papers at his own birthday party after mocking Arizona attorney general
    Happy fucking birthday, Rudy.

    And why yes, he was shit talking on Twitter in a now-deleted tweet - https://x.com/AZAGMayes/status/17916...511015/photo/1

    (yes that's the AZ AG)



    Giuliani, 79, turns 80 on May 28th and was enjoying an early birthday celebration in Palm Beach on the night he was served, according to social media activity. By the end of the night, “Happy Birthday To You” wasn’t the only music the former New York City mayor had to face.

    The party was hosted by Caroline Wren, an advisor to Arizona Senate candidate Kari Lake.
    Well, at least we know he's not drunk and in a 4 Seasons Landscaping parking lot ditch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1791644668901392451

    Donald, who hires only the best people, complains about his wobbly podium for 30 seconds and blames a bad contractor.

    Really good stuff for a guy that wants to lead the country. Again.

  7. #90587
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    NBC News has more - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...rth-rcna152905



    Happy fucking birthday, Rudy.

    And why yes, he was shit talking on Twitter in a now-deleted tweet - https://x.com/AZAGMayes/status/17916...511015/photo/1

    (yes that's the AZ AG)





    Well, at least we know he's not drunk and in a 4 Seasons Landscaping parking lot ditch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1791644668901392451

    Donald, who hires only the best people, complains about his wobbly podium for 30 seconds and blames a bad contractor.

    Really good stuff for a guy that wants to lead the country. Again.
    Also, I’m pretty sure the notion of “if the court can’t find you for long enough, you go free” is… completely wrong to begin with.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #90588
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Also, I’m pretty sure the notion of “if the court can’t find you for long enough, you go free” is… completely wrong to begin with.
    How's he supposed to know? He doesn't have a license to practice law any longer, so I assume he's just making it up as he goes now.

  9. #90589
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    27,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Also, I’m pretty sure the notion of “if the court can’t find you for long enough, you go free” is… completely wrong to begin with.
    There ARE expiration dates on these things, but all that means is it gets refiled for an extension on service. Generally speaking (and some states may have limits) as long as you keep filing and paying for service of process, they'll try to serve.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

    Just, be kind.

  10. #90590
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    There ARE expiration dates on these things, but all that means is it gets refiled for an extension on service. Generally speaking (and some states may have limits) as long as you keep filing and paying for service of process, they'll try to serve.
    Another article I saw pointed out that if you keep evading being served, it's not uncommon for the next step to be filing an arrest warrant. Being served is a courtesy. It's by no means mandatory.

  11. #90591
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    27,204
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Another article I saw pointed out that if you keep evading being served, it's not uncommon for the next step to be filing an arrest warrant. Being served is a courtesy. It's by no means mandatory.
    Correct, though I believe this is limited to criminal proceedings. Civil proceedings can't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

    Just, be kind.

  12. #90592
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Correct, though I believe this is limited to criminal proceedings. Civil proceedings can't.
    I hadn't seen that, but I'll take your word for it. Still, the alternative even then isn't "you get off the hook and they concede they were wrong", it's "you automatically lose because you forfeited the opportunity to defend yourself."

    EDIT: Also, looking further into it, avoiding process service can also lead to the court hiring an investigator to find and serve you, and then sticking you with the (definitely not cheap) bill for it.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2024-05-18 at 11:53 PM.

  13. #90593
    Furthermore, if a physical serving cannot be done due to the one served is evading, they can be served by the agents putting the service in media around where the target frequents and a court can find that as an acceptable procedure.

    And after that, arrest warrants can be issued.
    In short, all dodging does is turning the serving into a public serve

  14. #90594
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,900
    This acting like not getting served is a ticket to no consequences sounds a lot like asking the cashier if the item is free because it didn't ring up properly.
    /s

  15. #90595
    Well when you have no legal defence your range of options is limited.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  16. #90596
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,216
    My whore of a Rep Elise Stefanik gets called out by FOX News.

    Basically, they found this 2022 NYTimes piece on her which in turn references this interview in August 2015, where Stefanik called Trump insulting to women and that bringing him on would hurt the women vote.

    Incidentally, she was right.

    Naturally, Stefanik claimed the public quotes of things she said in public fake news and tried to shift to how she's all-in on Trump now. FOX News basically said "well, whatever, moving on".

    "Would Trump really reject a VP choice based on one thing she said nine years ago?"

    Yes, he's a sociopathic narcisist. FOX News did this on purpose as a hit piece. Otherwise Stefanik would simply have said "I said that, yes, but I changed my mind". For her to deny the public things she said publicly means she knows her saying them hurt her, and would rather claim fake news than admit she made a mistake.

    "Do you think Trump will take her?"

    I mean, he has a public record of taking whores, so yes.

    "I meant as his VP pick."

    Well, Trump did try to murder his last VP, so I'm undecided if I should answer. Techincally saying "Trump should pick XXX as his VP" could be taken as "Trump should try to murder XXX like he did Pence" and that kind of language is frowned upon.

  17. #90597
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    My whore of a Rep Elise Stefanik gets called out by FOX News.

    Basically, they found this 2022 NYTimes piece on her which in turn references this interview in August 2015, where Stefanik called Trump insulting to women and that bringing him on would hurt the women vote.

    Incidentally, she was right.

    Naturally, Stefanik claimed the public quotes of things she said in public fake news and tried to shift to how she's all-in on Trump now. FOX News basically said "well, whatever, moving on".

    "Would Trump really reject a VP choice based on one thing she said nine years ago?"

    Yes, he's a sociopathic narcisist. FOX News did this on purpose as a hit piece. Otherwise Stefanik would simply have said "I said that, yes, but I changed my mind". For her to deny the public things she said publicly means she knows her saying them hurt her, and would rather claim fake news than admit she made a mistake.

    "Do you think Trump will take her?"

    I mean, he has a public record of taking whores, so yes.

    "I meant as his VP pick."

    Well, Trump did try to murder his last VP, so I'm undecided if I should answer. Techincally saying "Trump should pick XXX as his VP" could be taken as "Trump should try to murder XXX like he did Pence" and that kind of language is frowned upon.
    I was considering @ ing you the clip of it earlier - https://x.com/atrupar/status/1792216782893088867

    Honestly, not gonna lie, I didn't notice she was on Fox since I just listened to the clip in the background. Yeah, that's a fucking hit piece and I gotta wonder who at Fox or why they would specifically want to knock her out of contention. I assume because they're pulling for someone else, but who? I thought this was CNN or something, so her reaction actually does make some sense because I imagine she was giving a live-reaction to getting fuckin stabbed in the back on public TV.

    Also, looking at the host I really should have caught that it was Fox based off her fitting a very specific archetype to a T.

  18. #90598
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I was considering @ ing you the clip of it earlier - https://x.com/atrupar/status/1792216782893088867

    Honestly, not gonna lie, I didn't notice she was on Fox since I just listened to the clip in the background. Yeah, that's a fucking hit piece and I gotta wonder who at Fox or why they would specifically want to knock her out of contention. I assume because they're pulling for someone else, but who? I thought this was CNN or something, so her reaction actually does make some sense because I imagine she was giving a live-reaction to getting fuckin stabbed in the back on public TV.

    Also, looking at the host I really should have caught that it was Fox based off her fitting a very specific archetype to a T.
    Perhaps because she's from a solidly blue state they know wouldn't pick them up any EC votes. Perhaps because they're wary of a "crackpot female running mate sinking a presidential candidate" from all the way back in the Palin days.

    I assume Trump picking a female VP would be in some desperate, half-assed move to try and shore up the fact that his civily-liable-as-a-sex-offender ass who eroded women's rights isn't... get this... popular with women. Biden already beat him to the punch on the "historic precedent" part, so that's out the window.

    I further assume that most of the women who are voting for Trump are doing so because 1) their overbearing, hyperconservative husbands basically tell them what to think, 2) they're stuck in some imagined past where the republican party is still the party of Ronald Reagan, or 3) because they think Jesus wants them to. I don't know that a female VP pick changes any of that math.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  19. #90599
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps because she's from a solidly blue state they know wouldn't pick them up any EC votes. Perhaps because they're wary of a "crackpot female running mate sinking a presidential candidate" from all the way back in the Palin days.

    I assume Trump picking a female VP would be in some desperate, half-assed move to try and shore up the fact that his civily-liable-as-a-sex-offender ass who eroded women's rights isn't... get this... popular with women. Biden already beat him to the punch on the "historic precedent" part, so that's out the window.

    I further assume that most of the women who are voting for Trump are doing so because 1) their overbearing, hyperconservative husbands basically tell them what to think, 2) they're stuck in some imagined past where the republican party is still the party of Ronald Reagan, or 3) because they think Jesus wants them to. I don't know that a female VP pick changes any of that math.
    Kind of my thinking as well, anyone dumb enough to be swayed by a woman VP choice is dumb enough to have already been swayed by something else.
    /s

  20. #90600
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Kind of my thinking as well, anyone dumb enough to be swayed by a woman VP choice is dumb enough to have already been swayed by something else.
    Remember the conservative swelling of support (and pants) for (MILF VP) Sarah Palin?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •