1. #90681
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    They are libertarians. Get 2 libertarians together and you'll get 2 vastly different ideas on what a libertarian is. Unlike most other political parties, it is one of the few that has no real central platform other than "No Government in my life."
    They don't really have an actual political platform, it's mostly just a bunch of contrarians.

    I would think if Libertarianism was a thing it would be a 100% secular platform.
    Last edited by diller; 2024-05-26 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #90682
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    They don't really have an actual political platform, it's mostly just a bunch of contrarians.

    I would think if Libertarianism was a thing it would be a 100% secular platform.
    Without the cover of religious freedom it's a lot harder to fuck kids.

  3. #90683
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Without the cover of religious freedom it's a lot harder to fuck kids.
    Phoenix_Wright_OBJECTION!.jpeg

    It's Libertarians, you buy them THEN fuck them.
    Religions want you to marry them. Or join the clergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  4. #90684
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,840
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    They are libertarians. Get 2 libertarians together and you'll get 2 vastly different ideas on what a libertarian is. Unlike most other political parties, it is one of the few that has no real central platform other than "No Government in my life."
    Libertarians in the USA are basically SovCits who lack the spine to challenge cops to their face. Equally out to goddamned lunch.

    And that's speaking as someone with generally a lot of small-L libertarian leanings, at least ideologically (restrained due to practicalities, not desire).


  5. #90685
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump went to the Libertarian convention, for some dumbass reason. It didn't go well.

    [video=youtube;dhgjnAxD6-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgjnAxD6-k[/vieo]

    He was booed and was yelled at saying "hypocrite".
    Gotta love seeing how much being boo'd affected him. His jaw clenches, he turns oranger, and then, like any smart person trying to get more votes, he insults the "libitarians".

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  6. #90686
    Brewmaster Karreck's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    They are libertarians. Get 2 libertarians together and you'll get 2 vastly different ideas on what a libertarian is. Unlike most other political parties, it is one of the few that has no real central platform other than "No Government in my life."
    My favorite description of a Libertarian is a Republican who doesn't want to admit he is a Republican.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  7. #90687
    The Lightbringer bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    My favorite description of a Libertarian is a Republican who doesn't want to admit he is a Republican.
    I like Republican whole still wants to get laid.

  8. #90688
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    My favorite description of a Libertarian is a Republican who doesn't want to admit he is a Republican.
    Personally, I've found Kim Stanley Robinson's description to be right on the nose: "Libertarians are anarchists who want the police to protect them from their slaves."
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  9. #90689
    Donald was never interested in the Libertarian nomination, that's not why he went there. The fact that he lost was intentional, because if he wanted to win he totes could have.

    “The reason I didn’t file paperwork for the Libertarian Nomination, which I would have absolutely gotten if I wanted it (as everyone could tell by the enthusiasm of the Crowd last night!), was the fact that, as the Republican Nominee, I am not allowed to have the Nomination of another Party,” he wrote.
    Except that, like...

    “Now I think you should nominate me, or at least vote for me, and we should win together,” he said on stage. “Only do that if you want to win. If you want to lose, don’t do that.”
    Someone should have told Donald that, yesterday.

  10. #90690
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    “The reason I didn’t file paperwork"
    Wow, Trump seems to say this a lot, doesn't he? Remember that time he didn't show us his taxes, which were the best taxes ever? Remember that time he paid a whore $130,000 and it was completely fair and legal and bigly and yuge and that's why he didn't show anyone? Remember all those deadlines he missed?

  11. #90691
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    My favorite description of a Libertarian is a Republican who doesn't want to admit he is a Republican.
    Nah, they call themselves Independents.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #90692
    The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
    ~~ Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address)


    A big f-u to Trump on this Memorial Day

  13. #90693
    Brewmaster Karreck's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I like Republican who still wants to get laid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Personally, I've found Kim Stanley Robinson's description to be right on the nose: "Libertarians are anarchists who want the police to protect them from their slaves."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nah, they call themselves Independents.
    All excellent descriptions as well.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  14. #90694
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A big f-u to Trump on this Memorial Day
    You seem to have the wrong quote. Here, I'll fix it.

    Happy Memorial Day to All, including the Human Scum that is working so hard to destroy our Once Great Country, & to the Radical Left, Trump Hating Federal Judge in New York that presided over, get this, TWO separate trials, that awarded a woman, who I never met before (a quick handshake at a celebrity event, 25 years ago, doesn't count!), 91 MILLION DOLLARS for 'DEFAMATION,'

  15. #90695
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You seem to have the wrong quote. Here, I'll fix it.
    Oh hey, another charge to throw in!
    10

  16. #90696
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You seem to have the wrong quote. Here, I'll fix it.
    And there he goes defaming Carroll again. Add it to the tab!

    At this point we should have a digital ticker, much like the US debt one, but for Trump's debts and watch it jump dramatically when Carroll wins another $100m+ from him.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #90697
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And there he goes defaming Carroll again. Add it to the tab!

    At this point we should have a digital ticker, much like the US debt one, but for Trump's debts and watch it jump dramatically when Carroll wins another $100m+ from him.
    Here ya go.

    https://trumpdebtcounter.com/

  18. #90698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And there he goes defaming Carroll again. Add it to the tab!

    At this point we should have a digital ticker, much like the US debt one, but for Trump's debts and watch it jump dramatically when Carroll wins another $100m+ from him.
    I mean, he's definitely lying that he never met her, but this seems to fall short of defamation here (though if he says something much more blatant later, this could absolutely be used as evidence of a pattern of behavior).

  19. #90699
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I mean, he's definitely lying that he never met her, but this seems to fall short of defamation here (though if he says something much more blatant later, this could absolutely be used as evidence of a pattern of behavior).
    He's been found guilty of sexual assault. He's saying "I never met her......so I couldn't possibly have sexually assaulted her". It's not far from what he said that led to the second sum of money being granted by the court.

    He's on the hook for this one, without question.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  20. #90700
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    He's been found guilty of sexual assault. He's saying "I never met her......so I couldn't possibly have sexually assaulted her". It's not far from what he said that led to the second sum of money being granted by the court.

    He's on the hook for this one, without question.
    Hmm the way defamation works, he is allowed to say “I never met her” but “she’s lying” would get him in hot water.

    The question is how implications are weighed. It seems questionable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •