1. #91061
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    why the fuck are we arguing about the semantics of gasoline as part of Trump's insane driveling.


    You don't always need to be right about stupid nonsense on the internet.
    Cause politics are so flammable.
    10

  2. #91062
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,258
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Not close enough to the gasoline though. Air doesn't move instantly. All of the oxygen isn't instantly in contact with the gasoline. For every 1 gallon of gasoline, you need about 14 "gallons" of oxygen. Like, dude. Just take the L and go watch Mythbusters...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvDXNC3I9qc


    Mybusters agree with me. Gas is very flammable. 50lbs gallons combusted with a spark, no "extra oxygen" needed.


    Anyways. You go ahead and thing gas isn't flammable if you want. Didn't think this was actually not known in 2024.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  3. #91063
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    why the fuck are we arguing about the semantics of gasoline as part of Trump's insane driveling.


    You don't always need to be right about stupid nonsense on the internet.
    Because it makes about as much sense as reading what Trump actually says. If you were to make a random username on 4chan and just post what Trump actually says there but without any mention that it was from Trump, you would think it would fit right in on that site.

  4. #91064
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Just for reference, that's a relatively small amount of gasoline, so the oxygen/gasoline ratio is about what it needs. But very large quantities of gasoline aren't instantly flammable because there's frequently not enough oxygen to combust with.
    It is though, gasoline gives off vapors even at low temperatures and the vapors are highly flammable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Toodles.
    You are wrong though.

  5. #91065
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,324
    At some point, we passed a critical point with Trump.

    Trump on Tuesday said an article published by the Washington Post implying he’d consider a mandatory military service rule at the urging of some in his inner circle is "completely untrue" and that he's "never even thought" of instituting a national service requirement.

    Trump is referring to this non-OP-ED piece in the Washington Post. Specifically, about a non anonymous person Trump hired on purpose, acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, so this is after Trump fairly and legally lost the election but was still in the act of trying to hold onto power despite fairly and legally losing the election, which cost him Esper.

    Miller was apparently one of several Trump hires who were specifically and directly seriously discussing mandatory service.

    The WaPo article also points out that J. D. Vance, high on the list of Trump VP picks, has suggested mandatory military service in non-wartimes.

    Forbes, TheHill, and other sources tried to contact the Trump campaign and were all told nothing of value. Specifically, they were told only Trump sets policy, not that the story was false, and not that the campaign opposed such a measure.

    "Why was this a critical point?"

    Imagine in any other year, with any other candidate who had not voiced such an opinion, a source as strong as WaPo flat-out saying "this politician backs mandatory military service". They would either check their sources, or hold back the article until comment was made. Now, WaPo just goes with the craziest things people say about Trump, because they keep getting proven true. The Washington Post is conservative. They don't want Biden elected. And they still ran this.

    Trump's word has lost meaning and value. His stance on the issue is being deemed irrelevant. If someone next to Trump says something, and Trump denies it, Trump's denial is handwaved.

    Some of you aren't just electing a convicted felon. You're electing someone even you know lies all the time about everything.

    @tehdang has 24 hours to comment on, as a known Trump supporter, his stance on mandatory military service and his stance on Trump's discussed private support of it, by virtue of wanting to keep both Miller and pick up Vance who both support it. Failure to do so means I get to quote tehdang as supporting mandatory military service, a reasonable conclusion when he supports a candidate who supports this measure.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2024-06-12 at 12:29 PM.

  6. #91066


    New fundraising email just dropped.

    Can we? Please?

  7. #91067
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    New fundraising email just dropped.

    Can we? Please?
    Sung to the tune of Roll Out the Barrel.

  8. #91068
    "Beheaded head".... as opposed to a beheaded what, exactly?

  9. #91069
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    "Beheaded head".... as opposed to a beheaded what, exactly?
    Honestly I didn't even read that far down but they're still triggered over that one time she did that and got #Canceled? I thought they'd have rallied around another #Victim of #CancelCulture?

  10. #91070
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    "Beheaded head".... as opposed to a beheaded what, exactly?
    As opposed to a bebodied body.

  11. #91071
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    22,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    My money's on him being blind as fuck. I'd also bet they were going to do a test run with Trump to make sure he could see the teleprompter but he didn't want to help them do their job.
    Do you think poor eyesight might be a result of *checks notes* staring into a fucking eclipse

  12. #91072
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    "Beheaded head".... as opposed to a beheaded what, exactly?
    Toad from Mario Kart

  13. #91073
    Elemental Lord Templar 331's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Waycross, GA
    Posts
    8,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Do you think poor eyesight might be a result of *checks notes* staring into a fucking eclipse
    I have a feeling that wasn't his first time staring into the sun.

  14. #91074
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I have a feeling that wasn't his first time staring into the sun.
    Meanwhile it seems he can barely stand to look at his sons.

  15. #91075
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/stor...port-to-prison

    Donald's former advisor and pardoned man Steve Bannon has a novel argument for why he shouldn't go to jail for ignoring lawful subpoenas -

    In an emergency motion filed Tuesday, Bannon, who was sentenced to time behind bars for contempt of Congress, asked a federal appeals court to let him remain free while he appeals his criminal conviction. Why does he think the court should grant him such a reprieve? Because he’s trying to help reelect Donald Trump, and also because he has a podcast that his listeners simply cannot be deprived of. “The government seeks to imprison Mr. Bannon for the four-month period leading up to the November election, when millions of Americans look to him for information on important campaign issues,” attorney Trent McCotter wrote in the filing. “This would also effectively bar Mr. Bannon from serving as a meaningful advisor in the ongoing national campaign.”

    Bannon hosts a show called War Room, where, among other things, he has called for beheading top government officials and famously told listeners, on January 5, 2021, “We’re on the point of attack” and “All hell will break loose tomorrow.” In a text message to NBC News after a judge ordered him to surrender on July 1, he wrote: “Who says I’m reporting! WarRoom can not and will not be silenced.” He added that the show’s regular schedule would continue, saying: “4 hours a day 5 days a week and two on Saturday.… The WarRoom is a military command center for MAGA—can’t stop and won’t until we achieve final victory.”
    Because he has a podcast.

    Truly, the most pathetic people. He might die in the slammer though from the alcohol withdrawals, he should make that argument instead.

  16. #91076
    Well if he doesn't want to go to jail he could have cooperated with subpoenas...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #91077
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because he has a podcast.
    I would love to hear SCOTUS sound off on "I can't go to jail for my crimes, I need to be at work".

    Worth noting, Bannon has also gone with "I shouldn't go to jail, because SCOTUS will overturn my conviction". That, however, actually is a legal argument I can get behind. I find it highly likely Bannon will not get before SCOTUS in the next four months, meaning he would serve all his sentence before hearing his appeal out. Granted, having the verdict reversed would still be nice, but he'd have still suffered the punishment.

    This seems like a job for an expert. Hey @cubby what do you think about both of these attempts? "I have a podcast" and "the sentence would be carried out in full before the appeals are complete"?

  18. #91078
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...y/74083831007/

    "Milwaukee, where we are having our convention, is a horrible city," Trump told the GOP lawmakers, according to a report from Punchbowl News.
    Did his daughter in law forget to ask her father in law if he liked the city that the RNC would be held in?

  19. #91079
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...y/74083831007/



    Did his daughter in law forget to ask her father in law if he liked the city that the RNC would be held in?
    Isn’t Wisconsin also a swing state?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #91080
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...y/74083831007/



    Did his daughter in law forget to ask her father in law if he liked the city that the RNC would be held in?
    Followup - https://newrepublic.com/post/182688/...shes-milwaukee

    Donald Trump visited Capitol Hill Thursday to meet with Republicans in Congress and supposedly discuss strategy, but it didn’t take long for him to go off on tangents—and dump on the site of this year’s Republican National Convention, Milwaukee.

    Republican members of Congress from Wisconsin scrambled to respond to the comments, offering several different explanations to cover for the former president and convicted felon, including one representative who said the whole thing never happened. Unfortunately, three others said it definitely did.


    The Donald Whisperers are currently frantically trying to translate Donald's shit talking about Milwaukee because oops it's embarrassing when your party leaders shit talks the city that your party chose to host their convention in.

    There's much more "What he really meant was..."

    Bonus points for some Republicans valiantly claiming "Donald did not say that!" despite other Republicans confirming, "Yes he said that but what he really meant was..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •