10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    These people are insane.

I can't believe Trump's polling numbers. How likely do you all think it is that he is going to be reelected?
    Not likely.

A lot of those polls for example have Trump getting north of 20% of the black vote and winning the youth vote from Biden. Neither is going to happen. This is no different than the polls in 2022 saying that Republicans had a 90% chance of winning the senate and were heading to a 30-seat majority in the House. Polling for whatever reason has been off for several years now. For Trump's current polling to be accurate, you would need a political realignment that hasn't occurred since the Civil Rights movement 60 years ago. There's nothing to indicate that that level of realignment is happening.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps...-year-old-girl

The pastor of one of the country’s largest churches—and who Donald Trump once named as a spiritual adviser—has admitted to “inappropriate sexual behavior” with a woman who says he sexually abused her when she was just 12 years old.

On Friday, Cindy Clemishire told The Wartburg Watch, a religious watchdog blog, that Robert Morris, the pastor of Texas’ Gateway Church, asked her to come into his room when he stayed with her family for Christmas in 1982. She was 12 and he was 20 at the time. She said Morris molested her and then ordered her not to say anything about his behavior “because it will ruin everything.” The abuse continued for years before Clemishire confided in a close friend, prompting Morris’ wife to find out and Morris to step down from the ministry, according to the report.

He eventually returned to the church and founded Gateway Church in 2000, turning it into one of the country’s largest megachurches with an estimated weekly attendance of 100,000, according to the church. He serves as its senior pastor, prompting Trump to name him to a spiritual advisory board in 2016.

After Clemishire came forward, Morris acknowledged the claims in a statement to The Christian Post, admitting he engaged in “inappropriate sexual behavior” with a “young lady,” refusing to acknowledge Clemishire’s age at the time.

“It was kissing and petting and not intercourse, but it was wrong,” he said.

He claimed that, with the blessing of the girl’s father and church elders, he returned to ministry two years after the abuse was reported. “I asked their forgiveness, and they graciously forgave me,” Morris said.
    Well that's great!

Donald's spiritual advisor once sexually molested a 12 year old. He was 20 at the time, so it was long ago, but he was still a grown ass adult sexually assaulting a child.

Strange how pedos keep popping up around Donald?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another friendly reminder during Pride Month that if folks wanted to groom and/or abuse your children -- they'd completely avoid the social stigma of being in the LGBTQ community and join the clergy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Just another friendly reminder during Pride Month that if folks wanted to groom and/or abuse your children -- they'd completely avoid the social stigma of being in the LGBTQ community and join the clergy.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NotADragQueen/ exists for that reason.

In case you missed it, here is Trump's Fathers Day message. Expect the same and more if re-elected

"HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL, INCLUDING THE RADICAL LEFT DEGENERATES THAT ARE RAPIDLY BRINGING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INTO THIRD WORLD NATION STATUS WITH THEIR MANY ATTEMPTS AT TRYING TO INFLUENCE OUR SACRED COURT SYSTEM INTO BREAKING TO THEIR VERY SICK AND DANGEROUS WILL. WE NEED STRENGTH AND LOYALTY TO OUR COUNTRY, AND ITS WONDERFUL CONSTITUTION," he wrote on Truth Social. "EVERYTHING WILL BE ON FULL DISPLAY COME NOVEMBER 5TH, 2024 - THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    In case you missed it, here is Trump's Fathers Day message. Expect the same and more if re-elected
    Can we get one holiday... just one, where he doesn't attack "the radical left", "the corrupt biden crime family" or both?
    It was funny the first few times, but now it's so samey that I feel I've read that message before, but instead of Father's Day it was another holiday...

A bit offtopic, but... The Wartburg Watch, lol. The Wartburg is a marvellously preserved medieval castle in Germany. What is kinda relevant here is its origin story: a noble was out hunting, saw a steep cliff and thought "this would be a great spot for a castle". He did not own the land, but when he started construction and the actual owner showed up to protest, he had 12 of his knights swear an oath before the local bishop that they are standing on the soil of their lord's domain.

Which was literally true, he had a cartful or two placed there the night before.

I think Trump and his circle are aiming for appropriate moral heights.

He couldn't even get his wife to appear for his birthday, I wonder why Republicans don't think that is an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    It was funny the first few times, but now it's so samey that I feel I've read that message before
    Isn't this just Trump in a nutshell? His campaign material is still just his personal gripes from years ago. He has a vanishingly small amount of new material he uses at this rallies. I think the only new addition I've seen recently is something about tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Well expect more along the lines of actual violence backing up what he's saying. People need to stop treating this lunatic like a joke, because there are people who literally worship him and everything he says.

He's already bragged about pardoning terrorists who were loyal to him on Jan 6. That gives a green light to even more violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Donald, again, with the, "I can't be racist, have you seen my Black friend?!".

This is not the first time he's used this defense for his racism.
    Let's also recall he was literally sued by the feds over how completely fuckin' racist he was. They settled out of court, largely with Trump promising to stop being so openly racist moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's also recall he was literally sued by the feds over how completely fuckin' racist he was. They settled out of court, largely with Trump promising to stop being so openly racist moving forward.
    Sued multiple times and he settled out of court every time because he knew they had the evidence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/17/u...tcy-court.html

Rudolph W. Giuliani’s creditors and the judge overseeing his bankruptcy case aired their frustrations with him in court on Monday after months in which he has provided incomplete information about his finances, missed filing deadlines or failed to have his lawyers respond at all.

Mr. Giuliani’s creditors have asked the bankruptcy judge to appoint an independent trustee to take over his personal and business finances, citing his failures to comply with routine filings and their growing suspicion that he is hiding money.

Such an appointment would take a significant amount of power from Mr. Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and onetime personal lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump. He filed for bankruptcy in December, owing $153 million to about 20 people and entities. A vast majority — $148 million — is owed to two Georgia election workers whom a federal court found that he defamed in 2020, when he was helping lead Mr. Trump’s efforts to overturn his election loss.

“There are reasons to be very concerned here,” Judge Sean H. Lane of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York said at the end of a nearly three-hour hearing.

Judge Lane and lawyers for Mr. Giuliani’s creditors have previously raised concerns about his disengaged approach to the bankruptcy proceedings. But on Monday, a representative from the U.S. Trustee’s office, a division of the Justice Department responsible for ensuring that debtors and creditors are treated fairly in bankruptcy proceedings, signaled that the office is also losing patience with Mr. Giuliani.

The U.S. Trustee representative, Andrea Schwartz, said the government was prepared to file a motion to dismiss the case. If granted, such a motion could result in Mr. Giuliani’s losing the protection of his assets that bankruptcy provides. His main assets include his homes in New York and Florida and personal belongings like his New York Yankees World Series rings.

Ms. Schwartz said she has been trying to reach Mr. Giuliani’s bankruptcy lawyers for some time to discuss his hiring of lawyers to represent him in other cases. Debtors, like Mr. Giuliani, are required to file notification with the bankruptcy court if they plan to hire additional lawyers, given the costs.
    America's Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, is rapidly approaching the "Finding Out" part of his decision to "Fuck Around" with his bankruptcy. Seems he's in the fast lane headed for unprotected bankruptcy. Incredible what happens to people who have lived a life without meaningful consequences and think that they never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/17/u...tcy-court.html

America's Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, is rapidly approaching the "Finding Out" part of his decision to "Fuck Around" with his bankruptcy. Seems he's in the fast lane headed for unprotected bankruptcy. Incredible what happens to people who have lived a life without meaningful consequences and think that they never will.
    I;m going to guess that his strategy is, much like Trump's, "stall as long as possible, hope that Trump wins, and hope that he can somehow exonerate them"

You'd think the courts would move swifter on things like this knowing that they are operating 100% in bad faith.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems he's in the fast lane headed for unprotected bankruptcy.
    I'm not sure this line is doing it justice.

By now, everyone here knows there are different forms, "chapters", of bankruptcy. So does Giuliani, who willingly made a choice in the matter by filing for Chapter 11 and not Chapter 7.

In December, Giuliani hastily filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after a jury ordered him to pay two Georgia election workers $148 million for defaming them by spreading a baseless conspiracy on behalf of former President Trump in 2020 that they were involved in mass election fraud. He has vowed to appeal.

Bankruptcy automatically froze the poll workers’ efforts to collect the massive sum. And by filing for Chapter 11 — as opposed to Chapter 7, a more common type of individual bankruptcy that would lead to liquidation — Giuliani has remained in control of his assets, for now.

“Mr. Giuliani went into Chapter 11 because he wanted to retain control. This is the key to Mr. Giuliani’s bankruptcy,” said Daniel Gielchinsky, a partner at DGIM Law who specializes in bankruptcy law.
    Giuliani is about to lose that control he sought to retain. Chapter 7 is a liquidation, selling most of your stuff to pay the people you owe money. Chapter 11 is a reorganization, and the appointed supervisor doesn't so much sell off all your stuff as monitor them, allowing business to continue as long as debts are being repaid. Chapter 11 is not typically used by individuals, because most individuals are too poor to be called businesses.

So yes, Giuliani intentionally took this Chapter 11 route to keep his stuff from being sold off. If you file Chapter 11, but don't reorganize and don't repay, then you're not really bankrupt, you're just refusing to pay back what you owe. The court can step in and say "we gave you every chance and you blew it" throw Giuliani out of Chapter 11 into Chapter 7, or worse, and sell his stuff without his control.

Giuliani has already put himself into this position by repeatedly blowing deadlines and not complying with court orders. While he is apparently both rich enough and white enough to get chance after chance none of us ever would, those will eventually run out if Giuliani continues to demonstrate he believes the law has no meaning to him. Bankruptcy is not a magical "time out" in which you don't have to pay anything or suffer consequences. It's when you admit you screwed up so badly you can't pay what you owe and ask the courts for help.

I should also add that some Chapters of bankruptcy allow specific exceptions. For example, a bankrupt individual could be allowed to keep his car so they can keep driving to work. If you're thrown out of bankruptcy, you lose those, and can legally be thrown out of your own house onto the street with nothing.

Giuliani owes far more than he has. He should be taking this seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not sure this line is doing it justice.

By now, everyone here knows there are different forms, "chapters", of bankruptcy. So does Giuliani, who willingly made a choice in the matter by filing for Chapter 11 and not Chapter 7.

Giuliani is about to lose that control he sought to retain. Chapter 7 is a liquidation, selling most of your stuff to pay the people you owe money. Chapter 11 is a reorganization, and the appointed supervisor doesn't so much sell off all your stuff as monitor them, allowing business to continue as long as debts are being repaid. Chapter 11 is not typically used by individuals, because most individuals are too poor to be called businesses.

So yes, Giuliani intentionally took this Chapter 11 route to keep his stuff from being sold off. If you file Chapter 11, but don't reorganize and don't repay, then you're not really bankrupt, you're just refusing to pay back what you owe. The court can step in and say "we gave you every chance and you blew it" throw Giuliani out of Chapter 11 into Chapter 7, or worse, and sell his stuff without his control.

Giuliani has already put himself into this position by repeatedly blowing deadlines and not complying with court orders. While he is apparently both rich enough and white enough to get chance after chance none of us ever would, those will eventually run out if Giuliani continues to demonstrate he believes the law has no meaning to him. Bankruptcy is not a magical "time out" in which you don't have to pay anything or suffer consequences. It's when you admit you screwed up so badly you can't pay what you owe and ask the courts for help.

I should also add that some Chapters of bankruptcy allow specific exceptions. For example, a bankrupt individual could be allowed to keep his car so they can keep driving to work. If you're thrown out of bankruptcy, you lose those, and can legally be thrown out of your own house onto the street with nothing.

Giuliani owes far more than he has. He should be taking this seriously.
    Part of me thinks there is something amiss in with Rudypoo.
    Welcome to the speculation station!
    Rudy's health is in the shitter. Not "I'm old, doing drugs, done a bunch more, and now pay the consequences" but "I have 2 years max to live." type shitter.
    Stall, drag it out and live the high life.
    I'll play the fiddle today because I'll be dead by the time my personal Rome gets put to the torch.
    Blown deadlines? He's got a more much serious deadline ahead of him.
    OR
    He's fried his brains and still thinks as America's Mayor, a former lawyer, and Rudy Giuliani, that it CAN'T happen to him. He's too white for the system.
    He'll say "I can't go to prison, I didn't commit any crimes, prison is for ni-" and the mic gets cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Part of me thinks there is something amiss in with Rudypoo.
    Welcome to the speculation station!
    He's just hoping for a trump win in '24 so he can get a pardon for all the criminal stuff and use his temporary wealth to forestall jail by paying (or not) lawyers to tie up the courts until then. He'll live with with a rich relative or friend til he dies after they liquidate his stuff after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He's just hoping for a trump win in '24 so he can get a pardon for all the criminal stuff and use his temporary wealth to forestall jail by paying (or not) lawyers to tie up the courts until then. He'll live with with a rich relative or friend til he dies after they liquidate his stuff after that.
    Pretty sure we saw his stuff being liquidated on camera a few years back. As I recall it was running down the side of his head.