Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So in a rally event last night, Trump was lamenting over the indignity of having to give asylum seekers a trial, with actual judges as everything, when one of his deplorable yelled out, 'just shoot them!" The crowd laughed, Trump laughed, everyone laughed at the thought of just killing people. Trump quipped "Only in the panhandle could you get away with a comment like that", with a smile on his face.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...oot-immigrants
    That's because Trumspters are racist, violent authoritarians.

I have little doubt that most Trumpsters would fully support shooting illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because Trumspters are racist, violent authoritarians.

I have little doubt that most Trumpsters would fully support shooting illegals.
    Or just shooting people in general.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Asylum seekers aren’t illegals.
    I also agree with that. I don't think for a second that their hatred stops at illegals. I think many would be fine with removing brown people as a whole.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/d...se-press-corps

"WaPo Columnist: White House Is Quietly Culling Most Of The Press Corps

By Kate Riga
    May 9, 2019 9:52 am

Washington Post opinion columnist Dana Milbank wrote Wednesday that the White House has been quietly and insidiously yanking press credentials from the majority of the press corps on the basis of a White House attendance policy so stringent even the President may not meet it.

According to Milbank, the standard is that the reporter must have been at the White House in person at least 90 of the past 180 days, an unrealistic standard given normal travel needs and the scarcity of official press room briefings.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Some reporters have successfully fought to be reinstated under an “exception,” meaning that they essentially can work until Trump no longer wants them around. Milbank’s appeal was unsuccessful.

“The Post requested exceptions for its seven White House reporters and for me, saying that this access is essential to our work (in my case, I often write “sketches” describing the White House scene),” he wrote. “The White House press office granted exceptions to the other seven, but not to me. I strongly suspect it’s because I’m a Trump critic.”"

Definitely not a banana republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So in a rally event last night, Trump was lamenting over the indignity of having to give asylum seekers a trial, with actual judges and everything, when one of his deplorables yelled out, "just shoot them!" The crowd laughed, Trump laughed, everyone laughed at the thought of just killing people. Trump quipped "Only in the panhandle could you get away with a comment like that", with a smile on his face.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...oot-immigrants
    So are these not political rallies anymore but hate rallies?
    Would any person be emboldened at any Presidential rally? I can see Trumpkins now saying they can't control the crowd, but again this person knew he could say it and would be reward, which he was. Trump didn't even condemn it, just gave the good ole wink and nod.

One thing I give Trump credit for is he pushes his hate and racism right up to the ledge. Now I say never underestimate a moron, yet with him saying stupid crap almost daily, I'm surprised he hasn't went full racist. I guess Trumpkins will say this proves he is not a racist.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Trump's Chief of Staff.

He doesn't exist.

So let's instead talk about his acting Chief of Staff, Mulvaney.

GOP senators see the former House lawmaker as an obstacle to striking deals on spending, including a stalled disaster relief package. The intraparty battle could spill over into high-profile debates on fiscal matters, such as raising the debt ceiling and avoiding another government shutdown.

“There is a feeling that the Freedom Caucus may be on the wane in the House, but it’s on the ascendency in the West Wing,” said one Republican senator, who requested anonymity to discuss colleagues’ frustration with Mulvaney.

A second GOP senator said, “He’s a former member of the Freedom Caucus, and he’s used to saying no.”

A third Senate Republican said there’s “frustration” that Mulvaney and his ally Russ Vought, the acting White House budget director, are willing to settle for a yearlong continuing resolution to fund the government instead of negotiating a new spending deal with Democrats.

Republicans warn a yearlong continuing resolution would likely result in a substantial defense spending cut.
    Pausing and bolding for emphasis.

As we all know, McConnell isn't sending things to Trump that Trump won't sign. And, as the article says, Mulvaney is pretty successful in pulling a Freedom Caucus No on a number of things. The current example: the disaster relief bill. I honestly do not believe that the GOP, as a whole, actually opposes aid to American citizens in Puerto Rico. Especially not when Trump said $91 billion was going their way, and it's $11billion at most (there's some confusion there, but $11 billion is the highest number anyone's backed up except Trump who lies about everything).

So when the latest disaster relief bill, the one aimed at Midwest farmers -- it doesn't get much redder than -- died, and it was because the GOP would not pass $610 million for PR, it's probably McConnell knowing Trump wouldn't sign it -- even though he personally went there to throw paper towels at people.

Also: Mulvaney tried to force Trump to cut farming insurance aid. In 2017. He was unsuccessful. While this would not have affected the destruction, or lack of payoff for destruction, of surplus crops caused by Trump's trade war, it would have affected how many people would have had lower-cost farm insurance -- and that would have made an already bad situation far worse.

Senate Republicans voiced their frustrations over the lack of progress on disaster relief and the annual spending caps to Vice President Pence during a meeting at the Capitol on Tuesday, according to lawmakers who attended.

The lawmakers told Pence that boosting aid for Puerto Rico, a Democratic demand, will have to be met in order to reach a deal on a package that would provide storm and flood relief to Republican states in the Midwest and Southeast.

Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters Tuesday that he had a “candid” conversation with Mulvaney earlier in the day about the lack of progress on disaster relief.

Asked if “candid” was a euphemism for a heated conversation, Shelby just chuckled.

Mulvaney’s tough stands on disaster relief and a possible spending caps deal are grating on the nerves of senators who want to pass bills.

“I wish we could get to agreement on both of those, disaster [relief] and spending cuts. I’ll say this about Mick Mulvaney: He’s been very accessible and willing to talk and cultivate relationships, but he does come from that belief set” of the Freedom Caucus, said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), who served with Mulvaney in the House.

Capito said she has heard “rumblings” from colleagues about Mulvaney’s influence on spending discussions.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters last month that moving a disaster relief package and reaching an agreement with Democrats on spending caps are two of his top legislative priorities.

“We need to get this done. We need to pass it out of the Senate before the Memorial Day recess,” McConnell said Tuesday, arguing that the current relief package has taken longer to pass than similar measures after any previous disaster.
    Pretty ballsy thing to say when you're part of the problem.

Now, if you're thinking I'm unfairly putting blame on McConnell too, then
    1) you haven't been paying attention to the last 2 years, and
    2) the second McConnell puts forward a disaster relief bill which puts more than pocket change towards the $80 billion or more promise to Puerto Rico that Trump hasn't paid, then you have every right to shame me in public, and I'll have to admit I was wrong.

But I don't think that will happen.

A Senate Democratic official familiar with the negotiations on disaster relief said Mulvaney has derailed emerging deals with last-minute objections.

“Even when they meet with Trump and the president says I’ll go along with this, that or the other thing, Mulvaney will say no,” said the Democratic official. “He’s always like, ‘No, we’re not for that.’ ”

“We could have passed something with 90 votes in the Senate in March and the House would have accepted it by a voice vote,” the source added.

Mulvaney has reined in Trump on other issues, such as a massive infrastructure deal the president discussed with Democrats last week.

Shortly after Democratic leaders touted a tentative agreement to spend $2 trillion on infrastructure, Mulvaney labeled the proposal unrealistic, predicting the talks would likely break down over differences on environmental regulation.

He poured more cold water on the idea Friday.

“Is it difficult to pass any infrastructure bill in this environment, let alone a $2 trillion one, in this environment? Absolutely,” Mulvaney told The Washington Post.
    Trump's own Infrastructure Week, Infrastructure Week 2: Now With Fewer Nazis, Infrastructure Week 3: Burning Cross to Bear, and Infrastructure Week 4: Getting the Grand Drag On! all involved $1.5 trillion. Yes, this was the plan Trump later said was stupid. He did not say so until afterwards, of course, nor was it the price tag that made it stupid. So Mulvaney, by balking at the price, is being at least 75% disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Team Trump, how's the negotiations with North Korea going?

"We just seized a ship that was violating UN sanctions.".

Ah, in any other administration that'd be both expected and welcome news. And I'm not exactly crying for the ship. But um...I don't think that's going to help the peace talks any. By the way, did that ship have a name?

"Yes."

And this ship, the one caught breaking UN sanctions, the one caught exporting coal illegally, what was its name?

"It is called the Wise Honest."

Heh. Well, I'm sure NK won't mind losing a single ship.

"It is their second biggest ship."

Huh. Well, at least they get their coal back.

"Nope. The coal payment was made illegally through US banks. We get to keep the coal."

So, they lose the ship and the coal? Damn, it doesn't get worse than that.

"It actually does. The ship was due to illegally import machines which also violate UN sanctions."

Damn. So the Wise Honest -- HAHAHHAHA -- and its import/export cargo is really going to be missed. Good luck with the next round of peace talks.

"Actually this happened in March 2018. You're just learning about it for the first time now.

March 2018? Wasn't that just before Trump's second meeting with North Korea, the one Trump walked away from when NK refused to denuke? Wow, this explains a lot.

To be fair, this seizure is good news. North Korea was sanctioned for a variety of reasons, they illegally broke those sanctions, fuck that ship. But we see, yet again, the risk you take when you insist on negotiating with criminals and dictators...and, more importantly, that you claim it will be so easy and ask for the Nobel Prize.

Hey, remember how Trump said he would end the Korean War? That was over a year ago. Where do we stand on that? Any hope for progress? Or has that ship sailed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump says deal 'possible this week' as markets slide
    I see no reason to believe Trump, who insists that the stock market is proof of his success. I find it far more believable, based purely on what we've seen, that he's lying to prevent another drop or slide.

And in the same breath, Trump said tariffs were an "excellent alternative" to a deal. This is further evidence I am right, because that statement is ridiculous. The markets are sliding because of the tariffs. Trump's trying to spin it.

Plus, we've heard that before.

April 2019

Feb 2019

Dec 2018

Nov 2018

Oct 2018

August 2018

May 2018

One hour ago...shit, no, that's a Forbes article titled "Trump's Base In Panic Over 25% Tariffs On China Goods". How did that get in there? My bad!

That's the Dow Jones, and every link above, within a few days at least because MS Paint.

Now, maybe you think I'm cherry picking. And who knows -- you might be right. But, even if I am, that would force you to admit that Trump says "we can get a deal with China" so often, that I was able to find them for all those dips on the market. In other words, you'd be saying I'm cherry picking in a fucking cherry orchard.

Either way, I win.

Bottom line: just because Trump says something doesn't make it true. When that something is a deal with China about to happen, so far, he's had a 0% success rate. I won't even feel bad if I'm wrong, because I'm a scientist, and I'm working from evidence. Every day, when I get home, I don't find Tia Carrere and Sen. Graham's wife waiting for me for a threesome in the shower. I don't expect it to happen today, either. And if it does happen, I think I'd be forgiven for assuming it wouldn't happen.

What do you think your red splurges on the graph are showing? I mean, I get that you think you "win" "either way", but what's the relation of the graph? It is a little hard to understand what you even mean, you are so deep in all this multi-year holy fight of yours that you became incoherent and are talking things nobody besides you actually understands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What do you think your red splurges on the graph are showing? I mean, I get that you think you "win" "either way", but what's the relation of the graph? It is a little hard to understand what you even mean, you are so deep in all this multi-year holy fight of yours that you became incoherent and are talking things nobody besides you actually understands.
    You are so fucking insufferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Eventually the market is going to realize his words are worth less than Trump Vodka and we're going to be in a freefall. Tariffs are going to go into effect tonight, don't look at your retirement accounts for a few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Eventually the market is going to realize his words are worth less than Trump Vodka and we're going to be in a freefall. Tariffs are going to go into effect tonight, don't look at your retirement accounts for a few years.
    Haha, what retirement

damn son you really don't comprehend what he said or you being standoff-ish just because its shows a bad trend for trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I see no reason to believe Trump, who insists that the stock market is proof of his success. I find it far more believable, based purely on what we've seen, that he's lying to prevent another drop or slide.

On top of all that since the tax cuts and tariffs went live you are basically looking at a flat stock market for the last 14-15 months.

That is success?

Every time he talks of tariffs the Dow dips. How is that correlation lost on you? Tariff Man is causing this shit thanks to him being an idiot and a bunch of retards voting for him.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Those dips are correlated with Trump talking about increasing tariffs. This isn’t something new and your insults are not helping your point.

Traders hold out hope for a late-day market rescue: 'One Trump tweet can change everything'
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/09/trad...verything.html

Dow plunges 450 points after Trump tweets on China trigger massive global selloff
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...lspin-n1002261

S&P 500, Nasdaq end lower for fourth day after Trump claims China ‘broke the deal’
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...eal-2019-05-09

So... was your insulting projecting or ignorance? Because I can keep going... I already mentioned Cramer’s comments and what happened to Dow Futures in the AM.

Cramer: Trump's trade tweet is about 'getting the Dow up a little bit' and pressuring China
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/08/cram...-up-a-bit.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Every time he talks of tariffs the Dow dips. How is that correlation lost on you? Tariff Man is causing this shit thanks to him being an idiot and a bunch of retards voting for him.
    This is the loud mouth part of Trump’s character. Ignorance is what happens if he gets his way and we don’t get rate increases, to combat inflation. As I have been saying for nearly 3 years... just hope that Trump doesn’t try to implement his ‘default on debt’ idea. Unlike his property, defaulting on the debt, doesn’t have the tax payer to save you.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-05-10 at 01:03 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be the only one who can't comprehend that Trumps pointless trade war actively hurts the market.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    And I thought Poland and Hungary was examples of how a working democracy can go to shit.
    Then came Trump and GOP to join the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You seem to be the only one who can't comprehend that Trumps pointless trade war actively hurts the market.
    It does swing both ways. Trump uses softer rhetoric and claims a deal is on the way, to boost the market. Trade war rhetoric tanks the market, end of trade war boost the market. Twitter is powerful stuff... strange really...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's fascinating and terrifying to see this country turn into a banana republic right before our very eyes

LIAR.

I have fact checked him quite a few times over the past couple of months. He is either 100% accurate, or accurate with mild exaggerations.

Compared to anyone else who posts ANYWHERE, he is by far the most honest and best source of information available. And you are smart enough to know it.

When there are articles that dispute what he says, I have found out the he is right and they are wrong... intentionally lying.

JUST IN: @MyPillowUSA laying off 150 workers at Shakopee, MN facility, CEO launching new business venture https://t.co/d49dNqTXZk
    https://twitter.com/FOX9/status/1126...734343680?s=19

Trump supporters 'winning' by laying off people.

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING: Trump's tariff increase on $200 billion in Chinese imports takes effect, heightening US tensions with Beijing. https://t.co/r1nCV9LxCZ
    $200 billion in taxes amirite.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!