Two things; intentions count...and ignorance has never been an excuse in a court of law. (Got hit with that one a long time ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sounds like a legal crisis. If I tried to commit armed robbery and failed, I could say in my defence that I didn't know it was a crime and get to walk free? I don't think so.
    I think you'd have a hard time arguing that, and you'd probably run into a whole host of other violations inherent in committing armed robbery. The rules are a bit murkier with "softer" crimes like this.

In any case, Mueller technically didn't even say it wasn't a crime, just that it would be very difficult to successfully prosecute as one.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-06-14 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presented without further comment.

Actually, one further comment, but not mine. The author's.

I would not have thought that I needed to say this.

"But... but Killary hired Christopher Steele and he's British! That's totally the same thing, right? Right?!" - Fox news desperately trying to cover for their boss.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2019-06-14 at 01:34 AM.

JUST IN: Trump campaign says it will handle foreign intel offers on "case by case basis" https://t.co/3iJIqV3XTH https://t.co/reE0ET9X4E
    Even theirs 'Oh shit, we fucked up' statement reeks of criminal intent.

Case by case basis?

People I will large quantities of illegal drugs on a case by case basis.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

So looks like sarah huckabee sanders is on her way out, is anyone going to actually make it 4 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "it's been the honor of a lifetime to serve my country" - SHS

Bitch, please, if you served the country you'd be telling us the truth, not spitting out propaganda for Trump.
    She never said her country was the US.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sounds like a legal crisis. If I tried to commit armed robbery and failed, I could say in my defence that I didn't know it was a crime and get to walk free? I don't think so.
    depends on the law honestly, some us tax law actually requires the person to know the law in order to punish them just because its so complex.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    depends on the law honestly, some us tax law actually requires the person to know the law in order to punish them just because its so complex.
    If people try to break the tax code and fail what exactly will they have actually done?

"I want to report my income wrong" "darnit i reported the correct value by mistake" .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if her new job will be talking on Fox News...
    That's basically what her job has been for the past year.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/sta...501484033?s=20

Remember when people tried to deny that Trump does not run any concentration camps?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think you'd have a hard time arguing that, and you'd probably run into a whole host of other violations inherent in committing armed robbery. The rules are a bit murkier with "softer" crimes like this.

In any case, Mueller technically didn't even say it wasn't a crime, just that it would be very difficult to successfully prosecute as one.
    Did he? Or did he say because of current DoJ policies they could not prosecute/indict a sitting president?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    She never said her country was the US.
    GOP and it's supporters have been party over country since Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/sta...501484033?s=20

Remember when people tried to deny that Trump does not run any concentration camps?
    Just because there's a concentration of a specific people of a certain creed and they are all in camps doesn't make it a concentration camp

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "But... but Killary hired Christopher Steele and he's British! That's totally the same thing, right? Right?!" - Fox news desperately trying to cover for their boss.
    I mean, the even funnier part is she didn't hire Steele, she hired Fusion GPS who in turn hired Steele.

The willful ignorance of conservatives shows why they are unfit to make governance decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if her new job will be talking on Fox News...
    I mean, who else would have her on? She hasn't really made the case for being a transparent mouthpiece from inside the WH.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe her daddy is going to hire her or something. I’m sure his team of comedy writers has decent turnover.
    Really, that's all she has...that or going into state politics because she can tow the line with the best of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Just because there's a concentration of a specific people of a certain creed and they are all in camps doesn't make it a concentration camp
    tHeY aReN't GaSsInG tHeM!

Because if there's anything we know about Hitler its how Auschwitz was opened day 1 of his chancellorship.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news: Donald Trump confuses Prince William with Aquaman:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48622001
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I mean, really, it's also hard to concentrate when you're dehydrated and sick, so it's disingenuous to call them concentration camps.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Did he? Or did he say because of current DoJ policies they could not prosecute/indict a sitting president?
    This was in regards to Don Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This was in regards to Don Jr.
    My bad. Probably should have read a few quotes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    In other news: Donald Trump confuses Prince William with Aquaman:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48622001
    Prince William is the Duke of Cambridge, though. I assume you meant Prince Charles.