Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Again, you're saying a bunch of garbage without evidence. I have not, in fact, defended everything Trump has done since he's been elected.

I think that mostly everyone votes for utilitarian purposes, there is no such thing as a purely moral government or politician. Some people just lie to themselves and others about their decisions being based purely on morality, especially when it's convenient to do so for argument's sake.
    Yeah.....like wanting a pedophile to be elected.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

My favorite thing about Trump is his court appointments.
    Yeah, gotta love those rapey Supreme Court nominations.

Not as much as I love debunked allegations.
    Debunked by Who? Because there was no legitimate investigation that came even close to looking into it, and there has still been people coming forward about Kavanaugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys just ignore trolls like Sulla and stop debating with them ffs? Have the mofo on ignore but I hate seeing whatever is they say when you idiots quote them to debate.

If you want to discuss it further, you can create another thread. There was an FBI investigation and a vote. Kavanaugh is a confirmed Supreme Court Justice, not a rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

You win a lot, you lose a little. I wouldn't call that "fucking up" anything.
    Yeah, investigation that wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. Such a good fucking investigation, didn't speak to Kavanaugh, Blasey-Ford, or anyone else involved in the case.

Just so you know, what they're doing isn't against forum rules, but what you're doing is. Making posts purely to point out who you have on ignore has previously been shared by moderators as something that they consider infractable. We've been having a mostly constructive conversation. If you don't like it, you can just choose not to post.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll have to take that up with the Department of Justice/FBI. Are you saying that you think there was political interference in the FBI's investigation? If so, do you have proof?
    it was well documented that the white house blocked any real investigation, furthermore its public record that great many related witness that weren't allowed to testify in the hearing, and you know this because you where involved in a great many discussions involved with it on these boards - so save feigned ignorance on something a little more believable

10+ Year Old Account
    So we now know what Trump brought to the table to woo North Korea.

Tourism.

U.S. officials proposed a long-term plan to help North Korea construct a tourist area in return for denuclearization during recent working-level talks in Stockholm, Hankook Ilbo newspaper reported.

U.S. negotiators prepared plans on the development of the Kalma tourist area, the paper said, citing an unidentified senior South Korean diplomat familiar with the talks in Stockholm. The paper didn’t say how North Korea reacted to the proposal.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been pushing to complete a resort construction in the Wonsan-Kalma coastal area. In August, Pak Pong Ju, a key member of the ruling party’s politburo, visited the region to encourage workers to make the area “a scenic spot” on the east coast.

The talks in Stockholm earlier in October were the first in about eight months between the U.S. and North Korea, but ended with little agreement about what was even on the table. North Korean nuclear envoy Kim Myong Gil said the U.S. arrived “empty-handed” to the meeting, a point disputed by State Department officials.
    Incidentally, this matches up with what we already know.

Trump applauds North Korea's 'great beaches,' says they would be a perfect location for condos and hotels

As a former developer, Trump appeared to hint at that real estate could be the key to North Korea's economic development as a country.

"As an example, they have great beaches," Trump said to reporters. "You see that whenever they're exploding their cannons into the ocean. I said, 'Boy, look at that view. Wouldn't that make a great condo?'"

Trump added that North Korea could be a great location for hotels, too.

"You could have the best hotels in the world right there," Trump said. "Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea, you have China, and they own the land in the middle. How bad is that, right? It's great."
    That's from July 2018. The talks in Sweden were in Oct 2018, which failed, leading to lower-level talks, which also failed.

I guess that's to be expected when you send a time share salesman to negotiate with a nuclear power. Are we tired of winning yet?

I haven't seen any of this documentation you're talking about. The FBI is still capable of investigating any more evidence or people coming forward. If any of it was credible, we'd know about it by now.
    only have seen because you refuse to look at it when its relevance, as for "i love beer bret" now that he's on SCOTUS the precedent of SCOTUS is to police their own. So all those complaints about him that had nothing to do with his perjury or childish rant during the hearing, let alone Dr Ford's allegation just go poof. As for actual breaking of the law, as thing related to Dr Ford would of hit statue of limitation. Which again you know this

You'll have to take that up with the Department of Justice/FBI. Are you saying that you think there was political interference in the FBI's investigation? If so, do you have proof?
    No, that would have been that fossil Chuck Grassley that limited the scope and time of the Investigation. And we know there was political interference in it. It was fucking public during Kavanaugh's hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So we now know what Trump brought to the table to woo North Korea.

Tourism.
    Trump's only thing he brought to the table is a very Trump idea, which of course means that it's a very bad idea.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww, Trump can't loot the US host the G7 at his resort because of the mean Democrats and Crooked Media®.

What a strong glorious leader who doesnt back down from anything.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Awww, Trump can't loot the US host the G7 at his resort because of the mean Democrats and Crooked Media®.

What a strong glorious leader who doesnt back down from anything.
    Trump tied up like a Scooby Doo villain: I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Democrats and Media and your Constitution.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump dropped plans to have the G7 at Doral.
    LOL

https://apnews.com/d3a7b2d762c9472c8eeec811f33afc47
    Man, I really don't think 'I can't believe these people are angry at me for wanting to use my seat to line my own pockets with foreign and domestic taxpayer money!' is as good an excuse as he thinks it is. It's like announcing you're going to egg someone's house, then resend it by blaming your neighbors for not letting you egg someone's house.

This is what I meant by changing course on this being a strategic mistake, regardless of whether it was actually a violation of the emoluments clause.
    Awesome so now we know you don't care about laws being broken as long as Trump is the one breaking them. This is exactly why I laugh at anyone who thinks the GOP is the party of law and order or family values because they literally spit on morals, ethics, laws and order if it ever inconvenienced them.

Saying this I shouldn't be surprised because you shilled hard for a known pedophile for the Senator so shilling hard for someone who breaks the Constitution isn't surprising at all.
    Last edited by pathora44; 2019-10-20 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Man, I really don't think 'I can't believe these people are angry at me for wanting to use my seat to line my own pockets with foreign and domestic taxpayer money!' is as good an excuse as he thinks it is. It's like announcing you're going to egg someone's house, then resend it by blaming your neighbors for not letting you egg someone's house.
    It was win-win for him. If he gets away with it, he gets to make some money and support a struggling property. If he doesn't, he can just quickly back off thus undercutting any complaints about it and turning the whole thing into another media distraction from matters of substance.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It was win-win for him. If he gets away with it, he gets to make some money and support a struggling property. If he doesn't, he can just quickly back off thus undercutting any complaints about it and turning the whole thing into another media distraction from matters of substance.
    Honestly if he wanted to use this to manipulated the media he would've stuck with it for a bit longer and let the outrage cover for the Ukraine/Syria stuff for a little while since it's a lot easier to spin. I'm guessing someone he actually bothers listening to in Washington told him it was a fuckin' stupid idea / only fed into the narrative that the impeachment inquiry was presenting and he called it off and - in regular Trump fashion - refused to own up to his mistake and blames everyone else for making him cancel.

Honestly if he wanted to use this to manipulated the media he would've stuck with it for a bit longer and let the outrage cover for the Ukraine/Syria stuff for a little while since it's a lot easier to spin. I'm guessing someone he actually bothers listening to in Washington told him it was a fuckin' stupid idea / only fed into the narrative that the impeachment inquiry was presenting and he called it off and - in regular Trump fashion - refused to own up to his mistake and blames everyone else for making him cancel.
    Maybe, I think it played as long as it could under the conditions, and there's sure to be more coming. Still, you can't overestimate the degree of blindness the man has to his own corruption, I'm probably giving him too much credit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, I think it played as long as it could under the conditions, and there's sure to be more coming. Still, you can't overestimate the degree of blindness the man has to his own corruption, I'm probably giving him too much credit.
    Honestly Trump doing stupid shit to derail the conversation away from his more egregious stupid shit is kind of his MO, and the timing of events very well could have been deliberate on his end. But with the timing of when it happened, and how quickly he caved, only makes him out to look even worse.

Him saying that he caved to pressure from Democrats and the Media right on the heels of him seemingly caving to Turkey just makes him look as weak domestically as he is internationally. It's telling people he'll simply roll over to others who have any sort of leverage on him without putting up a fight or even trying to get a better deal out of it.

In a fucked up way I agree with Sulla on this: Politically, Trump would've been better off trying to dig his heels in on this if only to keep him from looking like a pushover, even if the thing he was fighting for skirts the borders of legality. It's not like he's unfamiliar with doing questionable shit and having his lackeys cover for him.

Honestly Trump doing stupid shit to derail the conversation away from his more egregious stupid shit is kind of his MO, and the timing of events very well could have been deliberate on his end. But with the timing of when it happened, and how quickly he caved, only makes him out to look even worse.

Him saying that he caved to pressure from Democrats and the Media right on the heels of him seemingly caving to Turkey just makes him look as weak domestically as he is internationally. It's telling people he'll simply roll over to others who have any sort of leverage on him without putting up a fight or even trying to get a better deal out of it.

In a fucked up way I agree with Sulla on this: Politically, Trump would've been better off trying to dig his heels in on this if only to keep him from looking like a pushover, even if the thing he was fighting for skirts the borders of legality. It's not like he's unfamiliar with doing questionable shit and having his lackeys cover for him.
    I'm not sure he can do much to resist the GOP at this point. He could run with this distraction for as long as they'll let him. Impeachment is coming and he needs McConnell on his team, I'm pretty sure the coup he's afraid of is from "his" team, not from the democrats. He may not have done that math ahead of time, and could have thought he would get more play out of this than he did. Granted this is all so speculative that it's nearly meaningless, just fun to think about different angles to pass the time and avoid feeding the ducks. The real answer is that he probably never saw a problem with doing it in the first place.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real answer is that he probably never saw a problem with doing it in the first place.
    Really I'm sure that's all what it boils down to, in the end. So now we wait for the next colossal fuck-up and hope it doesn't endanger anyone.