Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...931066880?s=19

Audio in link.

My goodness, this idiot. You should listen, it is 35 seconds.

While I won't take the quote above too literal, it does have Trump again believing coronavirus is a mild illness that if you 'feel' better you should go to work.

Actually he rambles and makes no sense is another way. He is an idiot.
    My attempt at a transcript (difficult because of Trump's speech patterns):
    A lot of people will have this and it's very mild, they'll get better rapidly, they don't even see a doctor, they don't even call a doctor, you never hear about those people. So, you can't put them in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu (or virus), you just can't do that. So if we have thousands or hundreds of thousands that just get better by sitting around or even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better...
    I don't know how an honest person could read that verbiage as saying "it's OK to go to work with coronavirus". This reads much more like "lots of healthy people aren't that heavily affected, they don't even know they have coronavirus, so they just kind of work through it and get better". Based on everything we know about the virus at present, this is likely basically accurate - young, healthy people mostly won't experience this as a severe disease and wouldn't be inclined to take time off.

Of course good epidemiologic practice during an outbreak would be telling people to exercise an abundance of caution at the moment to slow the spread and buy more time for better treatments, to make sure bed space is available for vulnerable populations and so on.

That clip doesn't actually say what people seem to be claiming it says though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

I don't know how an honest person could read that verbiage as saying "it's OK to go to work with coronavirus". This reads much more like "lots of healthy people aren't that heavily affected, they don't even know they have coronavirus, so they just kind of work through it and get better". Based on everything we know about the virus at present, this is likely basically accurate - young, healthy people mostly won't experience this as a severe disease and wouldn't be inclined to take time off.

Of course good epidemiologic practice during an outbreak would be telling people to exercise an abundance of caution at the moment to slow the spread and buy more time for better treatments, to make sure bed space is available for vulnerable populations and so on.

This is the left's biggest problem, they fall over themselves to make a fool out of Trump, but in their eagerness they end up undercutting their own attack. Happens all the time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This is the left's biggest problem, they fall over themselves to make a fool out of Trump, but in their eagerness they end up undercutting their own attack. Happens all the time.
    This is great. coming from someone that just "fell over themself" trying to make a fool of Biden.......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It's not all that hard to make a fool out of Trump, he does it to himself constantly. Remember, based on his own words, April will kill the virus.

But do go on about how this proves "the left" does this all the time. All the while you worship a man that got rid of the people that could help in this situation and put an anti-science vice president to lead a task force into solving the virus.

Would you like to keep going?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account

I can. The POTUS is saying that you can go to work when symptoms stop being obvious, and the global epidemiological community will tell you its not the case. Stop defending blatant ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, Trump owns all of the bullshit and lies he says on a daily basis. It's not my problem you want to keep shilling for a guy who would have no qualms of throwing you under the bus, just as he has done to generals, gold star families, the disabled, immigrants, women, etc. etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

A lot of people will have this and it's very mild, they'll get better rapidly, they don't even see a doctor, they don't even call a doctor, you never hear about those people. So, you can't put them in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu (or virus), you just can't do that. So if we have thousands or hundreds of thousands that just get better by sitting around or even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better...
    pretty sure it says exactly what people think/know it says as it’s objectively visible/audible.

People get the virus and get sick. Rather than taking time off of work, they go to work anyway. They are going to work WHILE BEING SICK. This is an issue with how businesses in America work where people don’t have the rights that they should to take time off when sick and still receive pay. Trump doesn’t attempt to discourage this behavior, of going to work sick.

If you are sick, especially when there is a fucking epidemic(potentially pandemic), go to the fucking doctor, don’t go to work.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-03-05 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I swear people told me Trump was meant to be intelligent.
    He was meant to be but he didn't turn out to be. "This one's on me, sorry" -God

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how an honest person could read that verbiage as saying "it's OK to go to work with coronavirus".
    You are going to find this a hard sell, when

1) You use "honest person" when you are defending someone who claims they know more about the coronavirus effects than the WHO. See above post. Already, you're defending a liar.

2) Trump, as you quoted, is saying people are going to work but does not actually say "don't do that".

For reference, here are two quotes:

Children play in the street all the time
    Children play in the street all the time, but they shouldn't, because that's dangerous
    Now: which of the two looks like encouragement or endorsement?

Feel free to find and listen to and transcribe the whole interview. Find the part where Trump warns about the danger of people going to work with the flu, the coronavirus, the corona flu, or anything remotely like any of those.

Remember: the CDC said "stay home" if you have the flu, or the coronavirus. Trump went on a public interview and said people were going to work, without attaching said caution. Even if you want to hide behind "he didn't specifically say they should go to work" you're hiding behind a technicality and admitting Trump handled it poorly. But until them, remember you're saying "honest person" while defending Trump, who called the WHO's research "false numbers". You're already in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I swear people told me Trump was meant to be intelligent.
    His ego gets in the way. Even the most intelligent person on the planet doesn't know everything. Trump just can't stand the idea that he doesn't know something that he's apparently OK with sounding like a complete fucking idiot when talking about things that are completely out of his depth, and acting like complete idiot by getting rid of people who DO more than he does about things out of his depth.

So yeah....whether or not he's intelligent, or has a high IQ, I think is irrelevant. He's an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Trump spent last night lying about the "corona flu", let's talk about something other than his lies: his failures.

Pompeo: Increase in Afghanistan violence after deal with Taliban 'unacceptable'

Yep.

The Afghan government has rejected a provision in the U.S.-Taliban agreement that requires it to release up to 5,000 Taliban prisoners ahead of negotiations to reconcile the Taliban and the Afghan government. In exchange, the Taliban would release 1,000 Afghan government prisoners.

“While a reduction in violence is paramount, we also continue to press all sides to stop posturing and start a practical discussion about prisoner releases,” Pompeo said Thursday. “Knuckle down and prepare for the upcoming intra-Afghan negotiations.”

In a message to all Afghans, Pompeo added: “Do not squander this opportunity.”

Even as Pompeo criticized the increase in violence, he insisted senior Taliban leaders remain committed to their deal with the United States.

“I can’t say much about what we’ve seen the Taliban do ... but we have seen senior Taliban leadership working diligently to reduce violence from previous levels during similar time periods,” Pompeo said. “So we still have confidence the Taliban leadership is working to deliver on its commitments. We’re working to deliver on ours.”

He also insisted the Trump administration is “not naive” and that it knows “everything’s got to be verified.”
    EDIT: Sorry, I should have added for context: the Taliban have already ruled out any further talks unless those prisoners are released. To date, the Afghani government has said nothing even remotely like agreement to such terms.

But we're not done.

Pompeo says Iran must be held accountable on nuclear commitments

Pompeo told a State Department news conference that all nations must hold Iran accountable under the global nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), which has been the foundation of global nuclear arms control since the Cold War.

“Iran’s intentional failure to declare such nuclear material, as reported by the IAEA this week, would constitute a clear violation of its safeguards agreements required by the NPT,” Pompeo said.

“The regime must immediately cooperate with the IAEA and fully comply with its IAEA safeguards obligations. All nations must hold Iran accountable to its commitments, otherwise, the NPT isn’t worth the paper that is written on.”

Iran warned in January it would withdraw from the NPT if European nations referred Iran to the U.N. Security Council over its alleged violations of a 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
    So, yeah. Iran's threatening to leave the Non-Proliferation Treaty, because Trump unilaterally ended the Iran Nuclear Deal. Incidentally, I'm not sure what Pompeo is trying to say here. The NPT doesn't apply to people who are (no longer) signers. I'm not held to the terms of the apartment lease I had 14 years ago. I get that he's mad Iran wants to leave, but then, until he's mad about why Iran wants to leave, he's a hypocrite. If your brother punches a nun in the face, you don't get to be angry at the police for taking him to jail.

10+ Year Old Account

Remind us again how "he tells it like it is."

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...t-bend-county/
    First case in the Houston area now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of "Pompeo is a hypocrite":

U.S. Secretary of State urges China to be fairer toward media

"They shouldn't have banned those WSJ reporters who claimed China was the source of the coronavirus," Pompeo didn't say but I'm pretending he did. "Instead, China should refuse to hold press conferences, call most forms of the press Fake News, throw people out of the press corps when they challenge their objective lies, censor books that demonstrate their behavior, attack even friendly news reports when they don't report his work as highly as desired, and sue for slander or libel with no evidence based on OP ED columns. Twice in the last month alone."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    First case in the Houston area now.
    It's also in New Jersey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Trump just can't stand the idea that he doesn't know something
    See, that's the thing. In that interview, the one where he lied about the coronavirus and said people going to work with the flu, or coronavirus, was okay, he also said he didn't know how many people died from the flu until six to eight weeks ago.

That might not be the first time he admitted not knowing something after the fact, but it's a big admission in context.

But.

He used this admitted lack of knowledge, to defend other lack of knowledge, and put his lack of knowledge "hunch" over WHO research. And that's arguably worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am guessing this is a case that will likely appear before your Supreme Court.
    Could be. It's most of the way there already.

doesn't take one to "fall over themselves" to simply quote Trump's broken speech to make a fool out of trump

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What Trump said:

What Trump should have said:

Let's review.
    Yes I see the sycophants must defend this idiot no matter what. First as i pointed out in the end of my post is jibberish, word salad and pure Trump moroneze. I really don't know what he stated cause I cant decipher. More importantly he was stating that if your can work thru the coronovirus. Which of course is moronic that not on the person infected my become worse but that person can spread the contagion.

Oh he still thinks this is the flu and most people work through the flue. Which again, in the US is even stupid, but hey some people need to work when sick.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...931066880?s=19

Audio in link.

My goodness, this idiot. You should listen, it is 35 seconds.

While I won't take the quote above too literal, it does have Trump again believing coronavirus is a mild illness that if you 'feel' better you should go to work.

Actually he rambles and makes no sense is another way. He is an idiot.
    At this point, I hope his supporters that believe only him keep believing him. And if they catch the coronavirus I hope they're fine, but that it's a rude wakeup call to let them know that Trump doesn't know everything and is actually a fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    doesn't take one to "fall over themselves" to simply quote Trump's broken speech to make a fool out of trump
    Yes, Trump in incomprehensible and doesn't make sense. The part is we have a good 3 to 4 years of listening to him and knowing he has no nuance or subtlety to his sentences. So people can't upset at his stupidity. What he said on Hannity was stupid.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Could someone explain Donaldo what an incomplete sentence is ?

Mostly because:

1.He is the president and uses more of those than my 8 yr old daughter.
    2.There's matters of extreme importance that really NEEDS clear statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    See, that's the thing. In that interview, the one where he lied about the coronavirus and said people going to work with the flu, or coronavirus, was okay, he also said he didn't know how many people died from the flu until six to eight weeks ago.

That might not be the first time he admitted not knowing something after the fact, but it's a big admission in context.

But.

He used this admitted lack of knowledge, to defend other lack of knowledge, and put his lack of knowledge "hunch" over WHO research. And that's arguably worse.
    Fair point.

I'd argue that because he thinks he now "knows" how many people died from the flu, he feels he has enough information to make decisions about the "corona flu." Which as you say, is worse....MUCH worse. Ever heard the phrase, knowing just enough to be dangerous? That applies here, except change "dangerous" to "lethal."