10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out that no, speculation that Trump has the Roni is just that - speculation.

His sniffling is easily explained away by his Sudafed habit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    If this was happening in August, you'd have a point.

But the virus will fizzle out, markets will stabilize/rebound, and he will handle Dementia Joe pretty easily.

Governments are really overreacting to something that is basically a nonfactor to healthy individuals below the age of 60. But it will be barely a news item by summer, just watch.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Set a virus to remove a parasite?
    We need Morgan Freeman to narrate the epilogue to this presidency a la War of the Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

But the virus will fizzle out, markets will stabilize/rebound, and he will handle Dementia Joe pretty easily.

Governments are really overreacting to something that is basically a nonfactor to healthy individuals below the age of 60. But it will be barely a news item by summer, just watch.
    Your dogmatic support of your ideological figurehead and your willingness to unashamedly believe in a statement without the support of fact or reason is truly sad.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

*blinks* I'm literally so stupefied by what I just read in this post, I am having a hard time accepting that you believe a word of it at all.

Let me put it plainly: this is Trump's Katrina, but worse, because the pandemic is getting worse, not better, and will linger well into 2021 and market recovery is years away at this point. The chance of a recession in the Fall is very good right now. And when this virus spreads to Florida senior communities - and it will - and rips through them like its ripped through Italy - and it will - that'll be all she wrote.

All say to you now what I said to you before. You better hope Trump wins in November. Because if and when he loses, you people, who now have American blood on their hands by treating this as "yet another plot to discredit Trump", will face your reckoning. You will be brought to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    *blinks* I'm literally so stupefied by what I just read in this post, I am having a hard time accepting that you believe a word of it at all.

Let me put it plainly: this is Trump's Katrina, but worse, because the pandemic is getting worse, not better, and will linger well into 2021 and market recovery is years away at this point. The chance of a recession in the Fall is very good right now. And when this virus spreads to Florida senior communities - and it will - and rips through them like its ripped through Italy - and it will - that'll be all she wrote.

All say to you now what I said to you before. You better hope Trump wins in November. Because if and when he loses, you people, who now have American blood on their hands by treating this as "yet another plot to discredit Trump", will face your reckoning. You will be brought to justice.
    i just worry that the vote will be suppressed enough for trump to win again.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i just worry that the vote will be suppressed enough for trump to win again.
    By the Fall according to projections, many, many thousands of Americans are likely to have been infected if modeling is accurate. Democrats will reminder voters that Trump didn't order and enable mass virus testing early on because he didn't want bad headlines to hurt him.

That will be the sword they cut his fucking traitor head off with. They will make the logical argument: "You got sick, because Trump worried about himself, and now your family may get sick too because he doesn't care about them either.".

And Trump will be crushed under the tidal wave of fear and vengeance, just as Bush-era Republicans were in 2008 over the Financial crisis and Housing bubble. Senile Uncle Joe, surrounding himself with experts with a Coronavirus response plan will look like a very safe bet.

I think the Democratic turnout this year and in 2018 is the seeds of something much larger. I think we will all have our revenge.

By the Fall according to projections, many, many thousands of Americans are likely to have been infected if modeling is accurate. Democrats will reminder voters that Trump didn't order and enable mass virus testing early on because he didn't want bad headlines to hurt him.

That will be the sword they cut his fucking traitor head off with. They will make the logical argument: "You got sick, because Trump worried about himself, and now your family may get sick too because he doesn't care about them either.".

And Trump will be crushed under the tidal wave of fear and vengeance, just as Bush-era Republicans were in 2008 over the Financial crisis and Housing bubble. Senile Uncle Joe, surrounding himself with experts with a Coronavirus response plan will look like a very safe bet.

I think the Democratic turnout this year and in 2018 is the seeds of something much larger. I think we will all have our revenge.
    The problem is, the die hard Trump supporters won't give a shit about any of that rhetoric and will vote for him anyway....and they're the reason he's even there now.

I have hope that the turn out will be different this time, but as the years have gone on since his presidency began and I still see people fully supporting him...I've lost a LOT of faith in humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can imagine it would be nice to have an actually competent administration at a time like this. Trump isn't that, he has no idea how to handle this when faced with an actual crisis where blustering on Twitter isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The problem is, the die hard Trump supporters won't give a shit about any of that rhetoric and will vote for him anyway....and they're the reason he's even there now.

I have hope that the turn out will be different this time, but as the years have gone on since his presidency began and I still see people fully supporting him...I've lost a LOT of faith in humanity.
    anecdote, but a lot of the people who supported trump that i know soured on him pretty quickly. it was more of a "what the hell try something new" approach. those people will sit out or vote dem (hopefully).
    the hardest of hardcore were always going to vote (R) even if trump was an orange on a stick with a wig on.

Uh... his press conference with the Irish PM is kind of stuff of legend.

EVERYTHING IS FINE!

@Somewhatconcerned

I give you your hoax (Trump's words), that will "fizzle out" (your words), courtesy of another government that didn't take it seriously (Iran).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...tbreak-graves/

The pictures I linked below scarcely does it justice. The original link above is the better place to read it.

Coronavirus burial pits so vast they’re visible from space
    Iranian authorities began digging a pair of trenches for victims just days after the government disclosed the initial outbreak. Together, their lengths are that of a football field.
    By Erin Cunningham and Dalton Bennett March 12, 2020
    Two days after Iran declared its first cases of the novel coronavirus — in what would become one of the largest outbreaks of the illness outside of China — evidence of unusual activity appeared at a cemetery near where the infections emerged.

At the Behesht-e Masoumeh complex in Qom, about 80 miles south of Tehran, the excavation of a new section of the graveyard began as early as Feb. 21, satellite images show, and then rapidly expanded as the virus spread. By the end of the month, two large trenches — their lengths totaling 100 yards — were visible at the site from space.

According to expert analysis, video testimony and official statements, the graves were dug to accommodate the rising number of virus victims in Qom.

High resolution satellite imagery from March 1 and March 8 shows increased activity inside the cemetery, with the grave site extended during the interim and more than a dozen vehicles near the area of the trenches in the second image. (Maxar Technologies)

Iran, a nation of about 80 million people, has suffered a particularly deadly surge of coronavirus infections, including among its top leadership. Iran’s Health Ministry says that 429 people have died of the virus, which causes the disease known as covid-19, and more than 10,000 have fallen ill. Among the dead are members of parliament, a former diplomat and even a senior adviser to the Supreme Leader. At least two dozen other officials, including a vice president, have been infected.

In Qom, the spiritual center of Iran’s ruling Shiite clerics, more than 846 people have contracted the virus, officials say. Iran’s government has not released an official death toll for Qom, however, where about 1.2 million people live. But videos, satellite images and other open-source data from the cemetery — a vast complex six miles north of the city center — suggest that the number of people struck down by the virus there is significantly higher than the official figure.

A senior imagery analyst at Maxar Technologies in Colorado said the size of the trenches and the speed with which they were excavated together mark a clear departure from past burial practices involving individual and family plots at the site. In addition to satellite imagery, videos posted on social media from the cemetery show the extended rows of graves at Behesht-e Masoumeh and say they are meant for coronavirus victims.

The imagery analyst, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of his work, also pointed to an image showing what appears to be a large white pile of lime, which can be used to manage decay and odor in mass graves. Iranian health officials have in recent weeks confirmed the use of lime when burying coronavirus victims.

In the following video, shared by the BBC’s Persian service March 3, the narrator describes the scene at Behesht-e Masoumeh cemetery as men carry a casket toward a trench with multiple graves. Qom, like other parts of Iran, is grappling with the coronavirus outbreak that has sickened thousands of people and overwhelmed the public health infrastructure.

“This is the section for coronavirus victims,” the narrator says, as the camera pans across a small portion of the trench, showing mounds of dirt and small, simple markers. People wearing blue protective suits are seen standing nearby. “More than 80 [people] have been buried in this section so far, and they say only 34 deaths,” he says, citing the official death toll on Feb. 28.

Fabian Hinz of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies, who reviewed the preceding video and the one that follows, said that unique geographical markers in the videos match landmarks found near the cemetery.

In the next video, another narrator says that he is at the Behesht-e Masoumeh cemetery on March 3, about two weeks after Iran reported its first cases. By that time, at least 77 people had died of the virus, according to official figures, and more than 2,000 people were infected, though information from Tehran hospitals reviewed by The Washington Post strongly suggests the outbreak is far larger.

“A worker told me that they must have buried more than 250 coronavirus victims so far,” the caption reads. As the narrator walks across the cemetery grounds, he points the camera down to highlight what he says are new burials. “These are all graves and they are fresh,” he says, at one point using a gloved index finger to direct the viewer to the plots on the horizon. “These are all from the last few days,” he continues. “And as you can see, it goes on until the end.”

are trumpers really that oblivious they are attacking biden for telling the hillbilly hes full of shit? after all the shit they supported trump doing under the guise of " owning the sjws"

Our leader doing leading things... right?

@Somewhatconcerned Nice President you got there. What's the fucking point of this guy as President anymore? He's just taking up space at this point and trolling the country in the middle of a major crisis.

@Somewhatconcerned

I give you your hoax (Trump's words), that will "fizzle out" (your words), courtesy of another government that didn't take it seriously (Iran).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...tbreak-graves/

The pictures I linked below scarcely does it justice. The original link above is the better place to read it.

yeah expect bad things to happen in a theocracy when science and facts goes against religion, and people wonder why were critical of mike pence leading the effort, atleast mike pence hasnt been that bad so far compared to trump lying and spreading misinformation calling it a hoax. Imagine in 2014 thinking " one day mike pence will be the one sane person in government"

10+ Year Old Account

Very impressive, I've never seen someone utter words so clearly all while having a dick shoved to far down their throat.

You'd have a great career in ventriloquism.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-12 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Our leader doing leading things... right?
    oh my god, imagine if that was obama that did that tweet, how much republican and fox news head would be spinning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    oh my god, imagine if that was obama that did that tweet, how much republican and fox news head would be spinning
    Obama wouldn't have done things such as firing the US pandemic response team to cut costs.

Trump has, and it will come back to bite him hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Can imagine it would be nice to have an actually competent administration at a time like this.
    He has a competent CDC. Redfield and Fauci, I posted on each, they're both highly qualified. Pence ran out and grabbed everyone left like they were the last bottles of Purell on the shelves of Wal-Mart.

He has competent people. He's just contradicting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Uh... his press conference with the Irish PM is kind of stuff of legend.
    Isn't Ireland nearly on lockdown? Why would Trump stand next to him?

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    yeah expect bad things to happen in a theocracy when science and facts goes against religion, and people wonder why were critical of mike pence leading the effort, atleast mike pence hasnt been that bad so far compared to trump lying and spreading misinformation calling it a hoax. Imagine in 2014 thinking " one day mike pence will be the one sane person in government"
    Yup.

I mean Baghdad Don's Oval Office Speech was such a disaster last night the Dow is down 2100 points and the bond markets are freezing. Wall Street looks like it's on the brink of a liquidity crisis.

Personal story, I went to Target this morning before work to get some Purell (which I learned was coming in stock this morning). I got there at 7:20. Line started forming at 7:40 (I was fourth). By 7:59 there were probably sixty-plus people in line. They let everyone take six big things of Purell from shopping carts they had up front. They were sold out of them by 8:05. Probably only 30 customers got what they came for. Shelves were also clear of other cleaning materials. And people were filling up their shopping carts to the brim with canned goods, water, toilet paper.

Americans are not stupid. They see what happened in Italy and they anticipate it here so they're preparing. America is one or two bad headlines away from a full scale panic. If and when testing happens and shows there are far, far more than the mere 1000 known infections (which most epidemiologists believe is the case) in the wild today, that'll push the situation over a cliff.

This is the thing the Trump cult and people like Somewhatconcerned play down, because Americans will never forgive them for it. They're terrified of it happening. Not because people will get hurt. THey don't care about that. But because they'll face the consequences of inflicting Trump on the country because they got tilted about SJWs on the internet and colleges they don't attend saying stupid shit, and decided to punish the country with Trump.

Personally, I've been putting away a two month supply of durable goods for the past several weeks, little by little. Just in case. If there are supply shortages, like there are in Italy and other places in the world, my family and I are covered. It's a prudent thing to do. If it doesn't happen, I'll still use it eventually.