https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/nb...m_npd_ms_tw_ma

Finally watched the actual clip. Holy fucking shit.

Trump supporters: This is all you. This is your guy. This is how he responds to critical questions, not by answering them but by attacking and blaming those that ask them. He takes responsibility for nothing.

I'm still surprised that I can find new and different ways to be disgusted and repulsed by this man. He's truly scum, and based on their behavior lately there couldn't be a better leader for the Republican party.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Trump supporters: This is all you. This is your guy. This is how he responds to critical questions, not by answering them but by attacking and blaming those that ask them. He takes responsibility for nothing.

I'm still surprised that I can find new and different ways to be disgusted and repulsed by this man. He's truly scum, and based on their behavior lately there couldn't be a better leader for the Republican party.
    That was basically a softball question too, what was even nasty about it? He asked what message the President had for Americans who were scared. That isn't a softball, that is setting it on a stand for any leader to tee off on. That is a perfect time to deliver a scripted message to calm the public. Instead he decided to start insulting people for no reason at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think there is currently a more appropriate time for the saying “Ignorance is bliss, until it not”.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...r-fired-report

Richard Grenell, loyal Trump stooge, is already reshaping the recently reshaped NSC. Latest firing, the acting director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

The revolving door continues, as does the death of expertise and institutional knowledge.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...r-fired-report

Richard Grenell, loyal Trump stooge, is already reshaping the recently reshaped NSC. Latest firing, the acting director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

The revolving door continues, as does the death of expertise and institutional knowledge.
    Great all that tells me is far right terrorist groups are no longer going to be countered or watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Is it a gamechanger or not? Because i'm thinking about getting some

On a related note, this imbecile (Trump ) is going to get us killed. If not by the disease, it will be by the economic depression that will ensue.
    I dont know if it was for the clicks or to upset me today but The Hill and Maggie Haberman both tweeted out that Trump had something like a 52% or better approval rating. Yes, the two sources you can say what you want and I admit I read headline not where they got the data. My point more is that if Trump is getting anything but his 40% approval for the cultist on how he is handling this is amazing.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I dont know if it was for the clicks or to upset me today but The Hill and Maggie Haberman both tweeted out that Trump had something like a 52% or better approval rating. Yes, the two sources you can say what you want and I admit I read headline not where they got the data. My point more is that if Trump is getting anything but his 40% approval for the cultist on how he is handling this is amazing.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ronavirus-poll

55% approval on his handling of the virus this week. Which isn't surprising that it would go up now that the federal government is starting to take it seriously.

That's not his job approval, just his approval on the coronavirus situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    That was basically a softball question too, what was even nasty about it? He asked what message the President had for Americans who were scared. That isn't a softball, that is setting it on a stand for any leader to tee off on. That is a perfect time to deliver a scripted message to calm the public. Instead he decided to start insulting people for no reason at all.
    This is what gets me. Trump proves that he's a fucking idiot, because anybody with any sense would have hit that out of the park.

Q - "What do you tell Americans who are scared right now?"
    A - "I'd tell them that their government is here for them when they need it. We have the best and bigliest minds working overtime on this crisis, and the full weight of this administration will be brought to bear on ensuring that all Americans have the very best healthcare that can be provided when it's needed."

Easy peasy.

But what we got was: "I'd tell them that you're a terrible reporter, and that's a nasty question. Comcast? I call you guys CON-cast!"

For actual fuck's sake.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Currently reading through Fire and Blood by GRRM, Trump is a lot like those cowardly, dumb and indecisive kings of Targaryens.

The classic if you want me to link Brit Hume of Fox News on Twitter laying in calling it a hack and basically saying every other media outlet than glorious Fox News is crap. Real classy and the nerve of Fox.

Legitimate question my a**. It was the kind of bullsh*t gotcha question which hack WH reporters have been asking for decades. But instead of going off on the reporter, Trump should have said the whole briefing in all its particulars was a message to people who are scared.

Alright there is the tweet to show my facts.

Anyways the question was an effin layup with the President easily just stating "we are doing all we can, we understand your worries but we will get this under control and do the best possible", blah, blah. Stop protecting this person who can't handle the situation.

Oh, Brit and Fox, remember this when you ask the next "gotcha" question to the Dem President. I bet i can find their hypocrisy so easily if I wanted to on Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ronavirus-poll

55% approval on his handling of the virus this week. Which isn't surprising that it would go up now that the federal government is starting to take it seriously.

That's not his job approval, just his approval on the coronavirus situation.
    Yes, sorry to be clear. Handling of the virus not overall.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Love all this shit talk about trump, But these people will be 1st in line to get the two 1k checks he is sending out lol. It's going from silly to just ridiculous, He's turned the country around, but oh wait, that was Obama setting him up ( LOL! really if you believe that shit you will believe anything ) Obama, the 1st black Muslim president that did 2 things in 8 years.

Obamacare: That most likely killed more people than this virus because of the millions out of coverage.
    Funding Isis: They have killed way more than this virus and will outlast it to kill even more people.

Thanks, Barack Osama.

The best part I love is all the " during Obama we had 4 other viruses, nothing happened " This is also so ridiculous, COV-19 has the properties of a FLU, thus why its spread so fast, All these others virus don't have the same properties, You would think this is common sense shit.

You are all quick to forget and should know better. the same mess would have happened with Obama but instead of just sending money to help the USA I guess he would keep on sending it over to isis.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-20 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The classic if you want me to link Brit Hume of Fox News on Twitter laying in calling it a hack and basically saying every other media outlet than glorious Fox News is crap. Real classy and the nerve of Fox.

Legitimate question my a**. It was the kind of bullsh*t gotcha question which hack WH reporters have been asking for decades. But instead of going off on the reporter, Trump should have said the whole briefing in all its particulars was a message to people who are scared.

Alright there is the tweet to show my facts.

Anyways the question was an effin layup with the President easily just stating "we are doing all we can, we understand your worries but we will get this under control and do the best possible", blah, blah. Stop protecting this person who can't handle the situation.

Oh, Brit and Fox, remember this when you ask the next "gotcha" question to the Dem President. I bet i can find their hypocrisy so easily if I wanted to on Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, sorry to be clear. Handling of the virus not overall.
    I love that he calls it a "bullshit gotcha question" and then immediately gives the correct answer to what is one of the ultimate softball questions around.

Fucking hell, can these Fox hosts start stroking out or something? This is fucking disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...two-gram-dose/

So that drug that Trump, and apparently Elon Musk, have been touting? It can potentially work, China started rolling it out....and then rolled it back when they discovered that going over the 1 gram daily does can potentially fucking kill you.

The FDA hasn't approved the drug, and it seems that China didn't want to risk further testing in public with it. But I guess it's safe enough for Americans according to the President of the United States and the billionaire smart guy everyone loves but says dumb shit left and right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Reporter: "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"
    Trump: "I'd say you're a terrible reporter!"
    In case anyone in the rabid fanbase is even thinking about defending this, wanna see the video?

The context is the malaria drug that, as we talked about 24 hours ago, Trump and Fauci disagreed on if it would help/hurt, based on Fauci being an award-worthy doctor and Trump making shit up.

Q: Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope?

A: No, I don't think so. It may work. It may not work. I feel good about it.

Q: What do you say to Americans watching right now who are scared?

A: I say that you are a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think that's a very nasty question. And I think that's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and looking for hope, and you're doing sensationalism, and the same with NBC and Concast. I don't call it Comcast, I call it Concast. Let me just tell you something. That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting rather than sensationalism. Let's see if it works. It might and it might not. I happen to feel good about it, but who knows? I've been right a lot. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    You know the drill. You have 24 hours to explain how this is acceptable behavior for anyone, let alone the President addressing the nation in the same breath as granting himself war powers. You'll be judged based on how good of a point you make, but as always, failure to even try to defend it is proof you know it's deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Again. Trumps response has been pretty damn bad, but that will not stop me and others from keeping China in check. Trump can be voted out in November. Winnie the pooh can stay for life.
    You aren't keeping China in check, get over yourself. This is some of the worst white privilege slacktivism bullshit I've come across today, and I listened to the trump Q&A.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How am I hurting asian americans? Is that another chinese government talking point? Sorry, but anything can be twisted by low IQ people and that's not "my fault". Some black people think they are immune to the virus for some reason. Theres misinformation everywhere. But calling it "China virus" is pretty low on the totem pole of "misinformation" considering the virus did indeed come from China.
    How? The more vulnerable parts of the Asian community are getting harassed in public over covid19. If you think it's a Chinese government talking point then you need to get out more.
    Last edited by Clone; 2020-03-20 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In case anyone in the rabid fanbase is even thinking about defending this, wanna see the video?

The context is the malaria drug that, as we talked about 24 hours ago, Trump and Fauci disagreed on if it would help/hurt, based on Fauci being an award-worthy doctor and Trump making shit up.

You know the drill. You have 24 hours to explain how this is acceptable behavior for anyone, let alone the President addressing the nation in the same breath as granting himself war powers. You'll be judged based on how good of a point you make, but as always, failure to even try to defend it is proof you know it's deplorable.
    The thing is those who don't trust Trump won't have be the ones trying this out out on themselves. His gut "feels" is going to kill off the people who are still gullible enough to trust him.

Any other sane person would think twice when a person asks them if using an drug for something else without proof is good, trump takes at as a toddler as a personal insult.

We are all Anthony Fauci

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The thing is those who don't trust Trump won't have be the ones trying this out out on themselves. His gut "feels" is going to kill off the people who are still gullible enough to trust him.

Any other sane person would think twice when a person asks them if using an drug for something else without proof is good, trump takes at as a toddler as a personal insult.
    There has been some positive news on that front. It seems that the drug may work, if coupled with the antibiotic to curb symptoms and kill the fucking virus (as in, the thing that actually kills you may be a sepsis caused by bacteria, alongside a cytokine storm. I'm not a doctor, so take what i say with a massive grain of salt).
    More work is needed and it seems that drug companies are willing and able to test this as fast as possible. If it's useful, expect a massive ramping of that drug production.

Problem is, we dont have months/years of time for testing. At most we have a few weeks, so this shit must be done pronto. At the very least, Hydroxychloroquine (i dunno if i spelled it right) is an old drug, so the side effects are known.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-20 at 07:34 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Currently reading through Fire and Blood by GRRM, Trump is a lot like those cowardly, dumb and indecisive kings of Targaryens.
    At least they got a chance for greatness. You seem to have gotten issued a double headed coin here in the real world.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Trump said "The mortality rate has been low for the amount of cases we have..."
    I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    There has been some positive news on that front. It seems that the drug may work, if coupled with the antibiotic to curb symptoms and kill the fucking virus (as in, the thing that actually kills you may be a sepsis caused by bacteria, alongside a cytokine storm. I'm not a doctor, so take what i say with a massive grain of salt).
    More work is needed and it seems that drug companies are willing and able to test this as fast as possible. If it's useful, expect a massive ramping of that drug production.

Problem is, we dont have months/years of time for testing. At most we have a few weeks, so this shit must be done pronto. At the very least, Hydroxychloroquine (i dunno if i spelled it right) is an old drug, so the side effects are known.
    So here's the thing...

There's virtually no proof it actually helps... Only a very small group of people reported improved outcomes (20~ patients) in a very non clinical setting. On top of that, the drug itself is known to be fatal in moderate overdoses. Moderate as in 1 gram, 2x a day.

Trump was a moron to hold this up as a game changer as it will probably end up getting people killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump said "The mortality rate has been low for the amount of cases we have..."
    I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with him...
    COVID19 is gets really bad 8-10 days after people get admitted to the hospital. We're still about 4-5 days out from the shit hitting the fan.