Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So what are you basing your logic off of? what evidence do you have that it will be worse than before?

You sure seem eager to just let people die so lets not try to be morally superior here huh
    I'm not eager to see anyone die, lose their job, etc.

All I'm saying is we need an exit strategy to slowly lift these restrictions while still trying to protect those most vulnerable. An indefinite lockdown and a one time government stimulus won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is one of the smartest and best-phrased messages on the whole situation. And it happens to pair up directly with this CDC posting that says that the coronavirus lasted on some surfaces on cruise ships for rather a bit longer than the 1-3 days we've been hearing.

I would say "I find myself concerned that we'll be under house arrest a bit longer than two weeks" but I won't, because I already knew that, the medical experts have already asked for that, this is just more proof they were right.

April. Lol.
    Your right if your on lock down now expect it to last until the end of June. That's all unless we find a treatment that works for the majority of people. If we get evidence of a treatment working which im betting china already found, we need to get back to normal and treat people accordingly. I am expecting late June to early July before this thing starts to subside even with these lockdowns. We aren't doing full lock downs and if we are not going to we might as well just get back to normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    No, you are panicking and willing to let millions die to save your own ass. Because you are a sheltered and weak individual who has no idea what hardship actually looks like, and your first thought is to throw everyone to the wolves and save yourself. Or more accurately, have other people save you.

We can save millions of lives doing the right thing, or we can fuck it up and continue this cycle forever. The virus doesn't magically stop when you open up business again, the economy doesn't recover, things don't go back to normal. The opposite in fact. It keeps spreading people until the sick pile up, and the undertakers can't dig graves fast enough. That isn't hyperbole, that is what Pandemics do. It won't magically go away in April, if we don't stop it it can stick around for years, and keep killing people until enough herd immunity develops to finally end it, but millions will die first. Don't think the economy is going to be rosy in the meantime, workers dying is bad for business.

I know you want a miracle, and for it to be over tomorrow. So do I, but that isn't a choice we have. It isn't flipping a switch and sacrificing all our old people for a good economy either. Not only is that horribly immoral, if they die our economy will still be shitty.
    I also believe in nature kind of running its course. This is a natural way for the planet to reset a species that has overpopulated. For all people believing in science this is a natural event that happens to all creatures. So we want to stop global warming but people also want to stop a natural event that happens. Hence herd immunization.

5+ Year Old Account
    I swear the stimulus package bills are being used so the shut down can occur.

Or I am completely wrong here?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I'm not eager to see anyone die, lose their job, etc.

All I'm saying is we need an exit strategy to slowly lift these restrictions while still trying to protect those most vulnerable. An indefinite lockdown and a one time government stimulus won't help.
    Neither am I, but when it comes to someone losing their life or job. I'll choose for them to lose their job every time.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Or I am completely wrong here?
    In which way? If they don't get some major ones out people will be willing to break the rules to continue to work if they don't have some income coming in or force people to work if they don't have protections from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither am I, but when it comes to someone losing their life or job. I'll choose for them to lose their job every time.
    How many times have you gone through that hardship yourself? Were you effected by the 2008 collapse or the banking disaster in the 90s? This is looking worse than both right now and both took years to recover from and a lot of people didn't even recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh glorious day, the hits just keep on coming, don't they.

WHO: US could be the next epicenter of the global coronavirus pandemic

Oh, balls.

A World Health Organization (WHO) official says the United States has the potential to become the new epicenter of the coronavirus crisis as a large acceleration of infections is occurring in the nation.

“We are now seeing a very large acceleration in cases in the U.S. So, it does have that potential,” WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris told reporters Tuesday when asked whether the U.S. could become the new epicenter, according to Reuters.

Over the past 24 hours, 85 percent of new cases were from Europe and the U.S., Harris said. Of those, 40 percent were in the U.S.

The United States has more than more than 46,500 confirmed cases with nearly 600 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data. New York State Monday saw an increase of more than 4,000 confirmed cases since Sunday, as the total number of cases is approaching 21,000, according to The New York Times.

Only China and Italy have recorded more cases than the U.S. China has tallied more than 81,000 cases with more than 3,200 deaths, while Italy has more than 63,900 confirmed cases with more than 6,000 deaths.

Worldwide, more than 395,000 cases have been confirmed with more than 17,000 deaths.
    Look, I know the USA is filled with high-density populations of poor people who are being fed misinformation by their fat bloated incompetent ruler who believes himself to be infallible and omniscient. It still sucks for a major global organization to point out the effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Sorry I need a clarification. Are you saying "companies will shut down because they're being bailed out" or "Trump will shut the government down because he doesn't like the stimulus bills"? Not sarcasm, I really couldn't read which one you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post

How many times have you gone through that hardship yourself? Were you effected by the 2008 collapse or the banking disaster in the 90s? This is looking worse than both right now and both took years to recover from and a lot of people didn't even recover.
    Or the administration can take their head out of their ass and cut non-essential spending... like the military industrial complex and trying to save the stocks to divert funds towards ... you know, the population and medicare, not corporate entities. You don't recover from being dead and losing family certainly is hardship.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-03-24 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was unemployed most of my years from 18-30. Living with whatever family member would let me. I know what it's like to be on the bottom.

how many died from them? (don't forget a source and make sure they are at least a decent source)

You really just don't seem to grasp this temporary/permanent thing do you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I also believe in nature kind of running its course. This is a natural way for the planet to reset a species that has overpopulated. For all people believing in science this is a natural event that happens to all creatures. So we want to stop global warming but people also want to stop a natural event that happens. Hence herd immunization.
    Imagine being this empty of a person.

Was unemployed most of my years from 18-30. Living with whatever family member would let me. I know what it's like to be on the bottom.

how many died from them? (don't forget a source and make sure they are at least a decent source)

You really just don't seem to grasp this temporary/permanent thing do you.
    No I get it. So you weren't really effected is what your saying you just had bad jobs. I lost my job in the housing crash due to being in construction and we are headed back there if not worse. Its not easy to recover from loosing a 6 figure job when a company collapses due to losses. Its not easy to lose your job because the bank your company had money in fails. Ive done it twice now. And this looks 10 times worse than then with the way people are losing income right now. People are hording not just TP right now but money. After this spending wont get back to normal if it takes to long as you will have people hiding money like my great grandmother in a block of ice in the freezer. People will refuse to spend out of fear of not being able to replace it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Imagine being this empty of a person.
    Sorry should have put sarcasm after it but its true. I don't want to see it happen like that but its hypocritical to try and protect the planet and then when the planet bites back trying to fix itself to ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthropomorphizing natural, random events is silly as hell.

The planet isn't trying to "fix" anything.
    There is no method the planet uses to "correct" overpopulation.

There is no plan, no method to this. It's just random chance, and that life is exploitative by nature. That's it. It's just as "natural" for that overpopulation to occur, for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Anthropomorphizing natural, random events is silly as hell.

The planet isn't trying to "fix" anything.
    There is no method the planet uses to "correct" overpopulation.

There is no plan, no method to this. It's just random chance, and that life is exploitative by nature. That's it. It's just as "natural" for that overpopulation to occur, for the same reasons.
    I was trying to make a sarcastic joke that didn't come across right. The point that I was trying to get across is with all this talk about science and global warming and everything else, it would not be bad for the planet for a pandemic to happen.... Reduce the population reduce the greenhouse gasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I get it. So you weren't really effected is what your saying you just had bad jobs. I died.

See the difference? Sure, you lost your job. But you got a new one didn't you? Here you are employed again and still alive.

You don't get that option when you are dead....

Honestly if New York is such an epicenter then lock its borders. The rich there are fleeing to New England without a care right now moving into their summer homes. I mean this should be an easy one. If Cuomo did less time begging for his state to grab all of the supplies so he can horde them from the rest of the states he should wait. Things should be split up evenly if we are gonna use the federal government to decide aid.

- - - Updated - - -

See the difference? Sure, you lost your job. But you got a new one didn't you? Here you are employed again and still alive.

You don't get that option when you are dead....
    And if Im dead i wont care either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to make a sarcastic joke that didn't come across right.
    Ah yes, the "It'S jUsT a PrAnK bRo" defense when you say something absolutely ridiculous and get called out for it. Classic and overused.

The point that I was trying to get across is with all this talk about science and global warming and everything else, it would not be bad for the planet for a pandemic to happen.... Reduce the population reduce the greenhouse gasses.
    Or you know, we could invest in renewable and clean energy and reduce emissions in a way that doesn't cause millions to die a slow painful, fluid-filled lungs related death.

Just a thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah you let your true feelings out here.

You don't really care about the economy. You're just a sick person that wants to see people die.

And yet, you continue to live. Curious.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Well of course the two or three from the cult of Trump are willing to sacrifice the old and sick for the economy. Not surprising.

Oh btw I had replies a few pages back and not answering them directly, but its hilarious when Republicans were scaring people with "Death Panels". YUNNO, where people decide who lives and who dies. Well, that was sorta my point. I doubt the 3 Trumpsters in here will read this or even recognize it.

Trying to get a Trumpster to actually stand for something w/o being a hypocrite is impossible.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Your right if your on lock down now expect it to last until the end of June. That's all unless we find a treatment that works for the majority of people. If we get evidence of a treatment working which im betting china already found, we need to get back to normal and treat people accordingly. I am expecting late June to early July before this thing starts to subside even with these lockdowns. We aren't doing full lock downs and if we are not going to we might as well just get back to normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Going out of your way to make my point is uneeded.

Right off on the Fox Town Hall trying is lying his ass off.

He claims as soon as the outbreak happened in Wuhan he was on it. He was reading up on it all the time. He was immediately blocking travel from China. He now claims Biden was calling it racist, when again this is bullbleep cause as he is doing right now they care calling it a Chinese Virus. Trump didn't do this at the start, but of course is now naming the virus to deflect.

Oh he really wants to lift the social distancing and wants to ramp up working over the concerns of the spreading the virus through the workplace. Its going to happen.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!