Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    I wish sweden would give every one with low income 1000 dollar. Or thats part of the thing democrats stopped?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if he does, he act like sweden your calling trump a lefty?
    The Dems blocked a bill that INCLUDED that but did not offer enough assurances that McConnell and the GOP weren't going to fuck around with things to give businesses free money again. Pelosi is currently working on another bill that skews more towards helping people and small businesses rather than larger corporations (at least from what I've seen so far--we'll see how it pans out).

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Noone saw this type of economic crash coming. This is not something anyone could have planned for. Also if the US falls I expect a lot of the rest of the world to follow suit.
    No, some saw some sort of crash coming. Things were overvalued and a correction was needed, and there was talks of a recession all the time because of Trump's dumb ass policies. And I'm also considering that people did indeed see this virus coming as well, but Trump decided to be fucking retarded there too. Stop acting like this thing magically appeared one day out of thin fucking air.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wasn't intending to be an ass. Just saying that not everyone needs a check. Should probably have dropped out the last sentence, because you are right, that does look pretty douchey.
    No it doesn't. Looks like you're doing the right thing. Not sure what their problem was.

I think Trump backpedaled a bit. He was going hard on the whole country being open by Easter. But now its kind of the "farm belt" and part of Texas which isn't even shut down now anyway. So if you live in an area where no one lives.. rejoice! You can go outside and not run into other people and get the virus!

So let me get this right
    we need to re open business because its hurting the economy and the 2% of population at risk arent worth factory joe being out of a paycheck
    While also making the case the virus is why we need to reduce international trade and immigration

So if i make the argument we need to open borders because if immigrants did say increase crime rate by 2%- 98% are fine so they should stop whining because immigration is statistically proven to help gdp growth

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I think Trump backpedaled a bit. He was going hard on the whole country being open by Easter. But now its kind of the "farm belt" and part of Texas which isn't even shut down now anyway. So if you live in an area where no one lives.. rejoice! You can go outside and not run into other people and get the virus!
    The prairie dogs of America will finally get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So let me get this right
    we need to re open business because its hurting the economy and the 2% of population at risk arent worth factory joe being out of a paycheck
    While also making the case the virus is why we need to reduce international trade and immigration

So if i make the argument we need to open borders because if immigrants did say increase crime rate by 2%- 98% are fine so they should stop whining because immigration is statistically proven to help gdp growth
    You would be correct but you forgot the variable in your equation. Skin pigment darker then fresh powdered snow means the GOP must keep the Immigrants out like they are keeping out a zombie horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, man, I'm going to get in so much trouble for this...but....

Epic Rap Battles of History!

ADAM SMITH!
    Versus!
    ROBERT SMITH!
    Deserves snaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The prairie dogs of America will finally get back to work!
    At this point, I'm voting Covid-19 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those interested, here is another poll showing the approval rating of Trump's handing of the Coronavirus issue in the US......https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gal...mp-coronavirus

President Trump's approval numbers are as high as they've ever been throughout his presidency as he deals with the coronavirus outbreak, according to the latest Gallup poll.

The poll shows 60 percent of Americans approve of the president's handling of his actions to combat the virus. That includes 94 percent of Republicans and 60 percent of Independents, while just 27 percent of Democrats approve of the president's handling of the outbreak.

Meanwhile, his overall job approval is at 49 percent, which is tied for the highest he has ever been when polled by Gallup. Trump jumped 5 points in the tracking poll from earlier this month.

Gallup is the latest poll to favor the president amid the coronavirus outbreak. ABC News and CBS News had him at 53 percent job approval over his handling of the crisis, while Monmouth University had him at 50 percent.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-24 at 11:17 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    For those interested, here is another poll showing the approval rating of Trump's handing of the Coronavirus issue in the US......https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gal...mp-coronavirus
    1 poll, meanwhile he's still averaging 43% approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fauci chimes in.

That’s [the Easter date] really very flexible.

You can look at a date but you’ve got to be very flexible and on a literally day-by-day and week-by-week basis. You need to evaluate the feasibility of what you’re trying to do.

You may not want to essentially treat it as just one force for the entire country, but look at flexibility in different areas. So I think people might get the misinterpretation you’re just going to lift everything up… that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be looking at the data. And what we don’t have right now that we really do need, is we need to know what’s going on in those areas of the country where there isn’t an obvious outbreak.
    So, Fauci isn't saying "it won't be Easter", but he's saying "it won't be Easter".

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    To be fair, his numbers have risen about 2% in the average. It's baffling because for all the subjective reasons to like or hate Trump's regular shenanigans, his handling of this virus has been objectively bad. He has done literally nothing right. He's made things far worse. It makes you wonder if maybe people just like that he's showing up to actually be president and say stuff from the official president place, instead of screaming insanity in front of a helicopter.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The last 4 polls have gave him a 50%+ rating on handling it...did you read the last sentence? This is how his approval handing of the Coronarvirus issue is. Real Clear Politics have him at 44.9% average overall approval rating as of today.

What effect this will have on his reelection? That is yet to be seen.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-03-24 at 11:27 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    To be fair, his numbers have risen about 2% in the average. It's baffling because for all the subjective reasons to like or hate Trump's regular shenanigans, his handling of this virus has been objectively bad. He has done literally nothing right. He's made things far worse. It makes you wonder if maybe people just like that he's showing up to actually be president and say stuff from the official president place, instead of screaming insanity in front of a helicopter.
    I keep saying the reason why. He is going to ride this straight to reelection if Democrats don't get their shit in order. Millions may die, but enough voters won't give a shit that he will get reelected anyway. Trump's brand of lies, deflections, blaming, and petty arguments is tailor made for surviving crisis. It doesn't help anyone else survive the crisis, but it will get him through. He will lose a few more followers, but he doesn't care. Toadies are easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The last 4 polls have gave him a 50%+ rating on handling it...did you read the last sentence? This is how his approval handing of the Coronarvirus issue is. Real Clear Politics have him at 44.9% average overall approval rating as of today.

What effect this will have on his reelection? That is yet to be seen.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

those last 5 polls listed surely don't put him at 50% that I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's up to McConnell, but, Senators are already predicting they won't be back in session for three weeks.

They were supposed to have a one week break last week, then two weeks ending April 3, then two weeks off. If the predictions are correct, they'll instead leave after this bill is finalized...then be gone three weeks, which for those of you playing the home game recognize, is well past Easter.

We'll see what McConnell says. Just a reminder, McConnell is no stranger to working from home on medical advice. I think it's fairly likely he'll keep the Senate out of DC past Easter. Also, who wants to start a pool on which Reps and Senators are pictured in a packed Easter mass?

Wouldn't it be great to have all of the churches full? You know the churches aren't allowed, essentially, to have much of a congregation there. You'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time.
    -- Trump said this today

By the way, here is the FOX News video in which, amongst other things, Trump talks about the Witch Hunt, says there will be suicides by the thousands (more deaths that way than the virus), attacks the press and didn't bring Fauci.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what part of Texas? All the areas with good economies, and with a large amount of people, are heavily affected by this. Opening up some little podac county isn't gonna do squat for the economy. Opening up the cities is just aksing for another NYC, and I know for certain none of the major ones will give a shit what Trump says.

Trump can fuck off.

And his approval rating is up even more now. It's like Americans live in an alternate universe. How on earth can he have gone up by almost 2% compared to only a few days ago when he handles the whole corona thing like this. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    lol what part of Texas? All the areas with good economies, and with a large amount of people, are heavily affected by this. Opening up some little podac county isn't gonna do squat for the economy. Opening up the cities is just aksing for another NYC, and I know for certain none of the major ones will give a shit what Trump says.

Trump can fuck off.

Shh don't tell them the biggest concentration of cases is also where all the GDP is.

Total GDP end 2018 - 18.6 trillion

LA county & 3 more with most cases GDP was 1.54 trillion dollars (out of 2.7)
    NYC + 5 boroughs $1.06 trillion dollars (out of states 1.4 trillion)
    Washington - Kings county + snoomish = 316 billion out of 511b

etc etc etc....

you can almost guess where the most cases are going to end up just by the gdp output.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!