Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's fucking stupid.
    Tell me about it. When that reporter for OANN asked if ordering Chinese food was racist, they were trying to equate ordering Chinese food to calling this virus a "Chinese Virus". Which in turn has driven up hate crimes against Asian Americans. This Rion chick attached that little tidbit to the end of their question, on an OANN live broadcast.

10+ Year Old Account

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Reading this, it looks like Dems dropped $15 minimum wage, gained independent inspector general oversight on the $500 billion fund, extended and expanded unemployment benefits and paid sick leave, $367 (up like $17 billion from the previous version) for small business liquidity. They also let the GOP increase the farm bailout portion from $30 to $50 billion in exchange for "a dramatic increase in food stamp benefits."

Not sure on all the other riders mentioned in previous posts. And I don't know if the $1200 payment mentioned as the direct relief is recurring or not, the article didn't seem to mention that.

$2 trillion is a lot, a quarter of which is dedicated to the $500 billion slush fund which is supposedly for "companies, states, and cities." $50 billion specifically earmarked for passenger airlines, and $8 billion for cargo airlines. We'll see how much actually goes to city and state government, though I'm much more comfortable with the TARP-like oversight that they're putting in place. Better than Trump overseeing it. Hopefully there can be pressure on Treasury (who is running the fund) to not bail out things like cruise lines and Trump's hotels despite Trump's wishes.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-03-25 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I want people to see this again, because it is one of the truest things that has been written in a while.
    Thanks for reposting this. Too bad no where near enough people will act on it. But we gotta at least try

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...rmation-2020-3

holy fuck...
    That's just... holy fuck

I couldn't be a worse president and/or human being, even if I tried my hardest.

Is this really real?

"We had the best economy in the history of our country, and then all of a sudden we're supposed to shut it down," Trump said, adding of the response to the pandemic: "It's been very painful for our country and very destabilizing for our country and we have to go back to work."
    ??

"If I would have not done it, we would've been unbelievably criticized for not doing it," he said. "Somehow the word got out that this is the thing we're supposed to be doing."
    ??
    So he didn't wanna do all that stuff? He just didn't want to be criticzed?

Quote Originally Posted by Man who looked into an eclipse
    "We have to open this country up," Trump said. "We can socially distance ourselves and go to work, and you'll have to work a little bit harder and you can clean your hands five times more than you're used to. You don't have to shake hands anymore with people."

"He had a chance to buy in 2015 16,000 ventilators at a very low price and he turned it down," Trump said. "I'm not blaming him or anything else, but he shouldn't be talking about us. He's supposed to be buying his own ventilators."
    oh and this one, proven to be untrue, fabricated by a conspiracy theorist... The man with access to the most extensive intelligence (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    wuhan virus makes more sense, than chinese virus, because chinese can also be seen as a ethnicity where as wuhan is a specific location. I know it may not seem like a big deal, but to average people in the US they probably cant distinguish between chinese the continent,government,ethnicity, so if you are trying to regionalize it why not just say wuhan virus, and i understand people want to directly coorelate it with the chinese government, but calling it chinese virus really isnt a good idea IMO and can easily cause "common folk" to think chinese people carry it or some dumb shit
    OR one could just call it Covid-19? Its not as if noone had said it was from China anyone would have understood it as a chinese virus when they heard the "Wuhan-virus" But now eveyone knows that Wuhan is in China. And as you say "the common man" will at times assume that it is something that is inherent in the Chinese people just for being Chinese and that WILL bring with it all types of racism be it intentional and both psychological and physical.

Let's just hope it does not get worse than the Kansas Flu 100 years ago.
    (Since we now seem to call diseases by their likely region of origin instead by their names)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The same people who need healthcare while Trump tears it apart.
    The same people who need the healthcare to survive this.
    The same people who will die because they don't have it.
    The same people who vote for Trump, but now can't because they're dead.

Trump has yet to do one massively good thing for the country. Tax cuts failed, trade war fucked things up, no wall, no better healthcare, relations with allies are rocky at best, and so many more, but to top it all off WE are now one of those nations other nations say not to go to because we are that fucked.
    Totally showed all those SJW's though!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...rmation-2020-3

holy fuck...
    That's just... holy fuck

I couldn't be a worse president and/or human being, even if I tried my hardest.

Is this really real?

??

??
    So he didn't wanna do all that stuff? He just didn't want to be criticzed?

oh and this one, proven to be untrue, fabricated by a conspiracy theorist... The man with access to the most extensive intelligence (most likely)
    I'd like to point out that with the 4th quote Trump himself said the reason folks are still shaking hands on t.v. when he is speaking is because that's how it is done. So now he's going against himself going against health officials while also trying to go against health officials. That orange idiot is fucked in the brain.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out that with the 4th quote Trump himself said the reason folks are still shaking hands on t.v. when he is speaking is because that's how it is done. So now he's going against himself going against health officials while also trying to go against health officials. That orange idiot is fucked in the brain.
    With some luck he gets it himself, a life threatening disease is often a good tool for humility and chances are he probably will, because one of the steps of making people believe opening the nation is fine is showing the people it is safe to be outside among people.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Anyone that thinks Trump is handling this well is delusional. Maybe that can change, but I doubt it.
    Are you saying Trump is a mind controller?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Are you saying Trump is a mind controller?
    ....What....?

Delusions have nothing to do with mind control. Like even for you that was a lame ass attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....What....?

Delusions have nothing to do with mind control. Like even for you that was a lame ass attempt.
    The trump cult behaviour is rather predictable, first they grow silent when a crisis hits, than they gobble up whatever is hurled up from the white house and feel more confident as in the early hours, days or weeks it isn't all that bad. When things make a turn for worse they be silent again.

Him and that other fella posting short posts having fun with this, i mean nothing more fun than an epidemic on your own soil apparently, but i guess those people getting infected now like in NYC are not real americans as that isn't trump country, chances are they are also coloured so totally not real americans in their book.

Remember how chloroquine was a miracle drug that was going to save everything?!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-care-in-study

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Total clickbait article. It doesn't say what you think it says.

The result of the study is statistically inconclusive, in that it proves nothing one way or the other. So yes, technically it is no better, but only because the survey produced no useful results.

They did a test in Wuhan of 30 people without the Virus. Of the 15 with chloroquine, one got (Or already had) Covid-19. Of the 15 without, two got it (Or already had it). That is a completely meaningless survey, that tells us absolutely nothing about the effectiveness of the drug, which is what the article actually says. However they slapped a clickbait headline on it, because of course they did.

edit: Sorry, other way around. 2 with it, 1 without it. Same result though. This has no scientific relevance, because the results were not isolated from other factors, and the sample size was too small to detect the variation that we were looking for.
    Last edited by Thekri; 2020-03-25 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

This is a study of 30 people in China. With the way they did things over there I kind of don't trust much related to this virus coming from there. I wait for New York's testing of the virus. Because there seems to be optimistic reports coming out of California using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This is a study of 30 people in China. With the way they did things over there I kind of don't trust much related to this virus coming from there. I wait for New York's testing of the virus. Because there seems to be optimistic reports coming out of California using it.
    It honestly does not matter if some Chinese guys say it is ineffective or not. Nobody has confirmed the efficinency... so treating with it is not an option.
    Particulary selfmedication is very ill adviced.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    It honestly does not matter if some Chinese guys say it is ineffective or not. Nobody has confirmed the efficinency... so treating with it is not an option.
    Particulary selfmedication is very ill adviced.
    Self medication is always ill advised it doesn't matter the drug. Its like saying Bleach kills it so Im going to breath in bleach fumes to rid it from my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Self medication is always ill advised it doesn't matter the drug. Its like saying Bleach kills it so Im going to breath in bleach fumes to rid it from my lungs.
    And yet we had our president touting the usefulness of something before it's truly known. It's almost like he shouldn't have said it in the first place.

I think Trump should quit with the medical advice and go back to raking forests.