10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    For it to peak would necessitate a full proper nationwide lockdown with stringent gov enforced measures on social distancing. That just isn't happening to the extent that is needed, and too many people are instead taking their que from the president and treating it like some sort of liberal conspiracy to destroy Trump.
    I hate to be the bearer of ill news, but if you are going to wait for a peak to enact lockdowns you are a week too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pentagon orders a 60-day overseas troop freeze. The order does not include the word "Easter" once.

Louisiana could run out of ventilators by the first week of April. Not the second week, when Easter is.

Experts say that New Orleans is likely to be the next epicenter, despite it being, you know, warmer there.

The plight of New Orleans - with the world’s highest growth rate in coronavirus cases and where authorities have warned hospitals could collapse by April 4 - also raises fears it may be a powerful catalyst in speedily spreading the virus across the south of the country.
    April 4 is before Easter.

Netanyahu prepares his country for a "complete lockdown" indefinitely. He did not mention Easter, but it's Israel, so he probably wouldn't have regardless.

California says "In response to Trump asking states to conceal unemployment numbers, ours is a million. A literal million.[/url]"

Nobody is listening to Trump. Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    More on the currently stalled bill.

A group of GOP Senators are threatening to hold the bill up longer, because of the unemployment provision. Specifically, if someone gets their full salary for four months from unemployment insurance, and they're facing a salary cut, they'll choose to be fired instead.

"Um..."

Yeah, I know. I just advised someone to do that. Apparently it's not just me that saw the loophole.
    and then they will have to pay 2000+ a month for insurance.....

That's one hell of a salary cut they would have to take.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of ill news, but if you are going to wait for a peak to enact lockdowns you are a week too late.
    We are very painfully aware of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new EPI study says the US could lose fourteen million jobs by summer.

"But what if the stimulus package -- "

That's including a stimulus package.

A chart included with the analysis showed the projected surge in unemployment in each state, with Nevada projected to face the highest levels of unemployment, at 14.2 percent. Hawaii was close behind, with 13.6 percent unemployment predicted. Montana could see unemployment surge to 12.4 percent, while the jobless rate in Florida is projected to rise to 12 percent. Nationwide, every state is expected to see at least 9.5 percent unemployment, according to the EPI analysis.

To put those projections in perspective, unemployment peaked at 9.9 percent nationwide in 2009 during the Great Recession. It rose to an all-time high of 24.9 percent during the Great Depression in 1933.
    EDIT: Why Nevada? Probably the service industry being so centralized in Las Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

NK has been trolling Trump like a boss. Iran's late to the party, but getting their shots in. Who's next?

Yes. WHO's next.

There's still time to stop the United States from becoming the next epicenter of the novel coronavirus pandemic, a World Health Organization spokeswoman told CNN on Wednesday.

"The potential is there, but you've still got time to turn it around," WHO's Margaret Harris said.

Though the number of cases and deaths continues to grow in the United States, it's possible to reverse the trajectory, she said.

"You've got the best public health brains in the world," Harris said. "You've got people who can harness technology brilliantly. You've got people who can really think out of the box."

The formula for success is testing people, finding each case, identifying people who have come into contact with those who have been infected, isolating those who are ill or who have been exposed and quarantining, she said.

"Finally, getting the people who are ill to treatment -- and when you do that, really, really protect your health workers," she said.

Harris previously said that the US had the potential to be the next epicenter based on the "very large acceleration" in its number of cases.
    The rest of that CNN article goes on to the next heading "Is Easter realistic?" HINT: It's a CNN article.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 million jobs...

Oh I can't wait to hear Trump Supporters scream about how 14 million people are lazy and don't want to work. Now we're going to see what happens to a country that refuses social programs protecting workers react when all those service workers they railed on for years are the only ones with consistent employment.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    NK has been trolling Trump like a boss. Iran's late to the party, but getting their shots in. Who's next?

Yes. WHO's next.
    You are so fucking in time-out for that one. As soon as I stop laughing...

Well done.

I'm sure Team Deplorable will ignore that as well - they have their message all set now.

3+ Year Old Account
    A new EPI study says the US could lose fourteen million jobs by summer.

"But what if the stimulus package -- "

That's including a stimulus package.

EDIT: Why Nevada? Probably the service industry being so centralized in Las Vegas.
    Damn, I graduated high school with a Recession and only 10 years later to have A pandemic and a recession to happen.

I didn’t even get a chance to have a fun stress free time in my 20s now not going to get it in my 30s.

Yay us

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. WHO's next.

The rest of that CNN article goes on to the next heading "Is Easter realistic?" HINT: It's a CNN article.
    Dr Faucci if he has any self respect left, should grab the microphone from him the next time he is saying something dumb. Better to go out blazing than to be guilty of not acting and seeing this tragedy unfold in front of him. If that other doctor deborah wants to play the angel of death let her.

Also don't worry about the Easter celebration infecting tons of people, that's weeks from now. I doubt the country will be open by then.

Yeah he is pretty bad. The instant he sees the opportunity he pushes blame onto others and is obviously willing to gamble with possibly millions of peoples lives just for a role of the dice that it won't be so bad and the economy can go up a bit more and he can go back to rallies and shit.

Great caesars ghost. Is that man for real? Do y'all think he actually is that stupid or being blackmailed to destroy everything...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Great caesars ghost. Is that man for real? Do y'all think he actually is that stupid or being blackmailed to destroy everything...
    I think it’s both.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You need a sense of respect, self-awareness, shame or responsibility to be blackmailed. Trump doesn't have any of those. What would you blackmail him with? "If you don't do what we want you to do, we will leak the fact that you blackmailed a foreign nation for personal gain and you'll be impeached?"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least we have him on record now. We can slam this down his throat in ad after ad after ad, pointing out that he cares more about himself than the people he supposedly represents.

"It's hard not to be happy with how we are dealing with this" says Trump.

Nobody is fucking happy right now. Not even Trump is happy right now. He is fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    As always I would be on whatever side benefits me and my family most based off my current situation. We are on this earth for a finite amount of time and im looking to make the best of it for Number 1
    Well, then that wouldn't be the Republicans. Because, unless you make over $400k a year, you aren't benefiting from Republicans. You are actually losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Your right. But I wanted red in the white house. The fellow members of congress and senate would be there for over sight. Yet now he is on the other side....hrmm maybe hes doing what the base wants vs himself. As long as he continues to put forth what the base wants he is keeping promises
    No, you wanted a racist fat orange fuck in the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you need a good repudiation of Republican governors non-action over COVID-19 and vindication for Democrats, this should do a pretty good job of it. Andy Beshear acted early and aggressively to try to mitigate COVID-19 and they have just over 100 cases so far whereas Bill Lee in Tennessee is dragging his feet and has over 500 cases.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    The Association of Equipment Manufacturers bypassed Trump and went straight for Pence to ask for help.

AEM held its board of directors meeting over the phone and Pence, who is overseeing the White House's coronavirus response team, joined the call for 30 minutes to discuss their priorities.

“The biggest challenge is the expedited certification process for new designs or supply chains,” Kip Eideberg, AEM senior vice president of government and industry relations, told The Hill after the call. “It does us no good if we have member companies who are ready to go and start supplying these much needed items if they can’t get the government to certify them.”

Eideberg said Pence was extremely receptive, supportive and appreciative of the industry’s efforts to make N95 or equivalent respiratory masks and his response was a “big positive” in the call.

“Every day that we can’t bring these new products to the market and to the first responders and to the health care providers, is a day too long,” Eideberg said.
    Again, Pence seems to be doing a pretty good job. Sadly he was handed a handicap in the form of

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.

The Association of Equipment Manufacturers bypassed Trump and went straight for Pence to ask for help.

Again, Pence seems to be doing a pretty good job. Sadly he was handed a handicap in the form of
    Thanks for the good news. People have work arounds to deal with the obstacles.