10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Trump and fuck anyone who supports him. Hillary was too nice when she called half of his supporters deplorable.

One of the most important responsibilities that comes with the office of President of the United States is to calm the nation during a time of crisis. Trump is failing miserably and his cult is busy insisting Emperor Trump is doing great as Rome burns down around them while he plays a violin on a balcony above them.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-03-28 at 02:22 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have a feeling Trump is going to manage to funnel millions, if not billions of this stimulus to himself and friends in exchange for favors/debt payoff.
    The bill specifically says Trump, Pence, and Congress can't profit. If they try to work around it, I hope they're caught.

Trump literally has the mentality of a spoiled 8 year old child...
    Time of crisis, mass deaths and financial problems for hundreds of millions of Americans (billions worldwide). If this isn't the time to put aside politics and lead with clarity and unite people in the effort to stop this... but nah, "don't help people who disagree with you."

as a sidenote... Trump would make a lot more sense if you cut out 2/3 of the words he says. He has one thought in his mind as he starts a sentence and as he speaks 149 other words come into his head that changes his thoughts, it's like watching a puppy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The bill specifically says Trump, Pence, and Congress can't profit. If they try to work around it, I hope they're caught.
    what about those senators who sold millions of dollars of stocks before the news about the counter meassures against the virus was made public?
    what about those senators who voted against giving people in quarantines sick pay and then went into paid quarantines themselves ...with pay, obviously...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ource=facebook

DHS has 1.5 million "expired" masks, CDC still says they're functional and should be used while we have a shortage. They're just sitting around, and have been for a while.

They may give them to TSA employees, which isn't bad, but apparently aren't even considering distributing to health care professionals/hospitals. Or even FEMA.
    To be clear, the expiration is about the rubber bands and not for the mask itself, as long as the mask is stored correctly. If the rubber bands dry out then it won't hold on the face right.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    To be clear, the expiration is about the rubber bands and not for the mask itself, as long as the mask is stored correctly. If the rubber bands dry out then it won't hold on the face right.
    You don't send people to the frontline with faulty gear, doesn't matter if it's soldiers to war or medical personell to treat contageous patients.
    1 trained nurse or doctor can potentially help to save hundreds or thousands of lives in their careers, why would you risk them becoming sick and potentially dying because of faulty rubber bands? You wouldn't send soldiers to war if their gun had a 50% chance to jam when fired...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    No, I'm confused by AOC crying loudly about the bill that just passed unanimously in the Senate.

She's looking to stay in the spotlight, Thekri, welcome to politics.
    So you can't complain about something once it has happened? That's some "smart" logic you got there.

Also you complaining at the idea of someone doing something to stay in the spotlight is fucking funny as Trump has done the same thing because he's not being talked about. Remember when he was said a hurricane was being focused on and not him? Remember what he did? You didn't complain then.

I think Trump's daily briefings have been fine. I think he's doing just fine. That's my opinion of Trump in this crisis. I'm sure he's made some missteps, but nobody is going to convince me he isn't both A) doing everything he can to guide the country through this as smoothly as possible and B) doing a pretty decent job of it with good advisers by his side.
    Yes, he's doing very fine. You're now the nr 1 country with the most infected, that's something only someone doing just fine can acomplish. I can't believe there are people such as yourself out there, who live in a fantasy world.

Like, if you've got nothing to say just sit down.
    Irony, both for yourself and for the president that you always fawn over.

Like, if you've got nothing to say just sit down.
    You have a president who has had nothing noteworthy to say in his entire life, and yet, look at where we stand now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    what about those senators who sold millions of dollars of stocks before the news about the counter meassures against the virus was made public?
    A separate thread, but, the bill would of course not affect them. That would be illegal for already-existing laws.

I think Trump's daily briefings have been fine. I think he's doing just fine. That's my opinion of Trump in this crisis. I'm sure he's made some missteps, but nobody is going to convince me he isn't both A) doing everything he can to guide the country through this as smoothly as possible and B) doing a pretty decent job of it with good advisers by his side.
    What part of rejecting WHO tests, not testing early to make his reelection better, telling people to work while sick with the "I assume some people will get better while working", downplaying it for weeks and months, getting rid of the pandemic team, and now arguing with state leaders is "doing fine"? Go on and tell us.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...

Uh, I think I'm in the majority who feel that way. 60% I believe. Is this some kind of mass hallucination we're all suffering? Is this a Covid side effect? I need answers!
    There was a point in time where the majority of people thought cigarettes were safe, that the earth was flat, and asbestos was fine. Believe it or not the majority is not always right.

Now if you want to tell us why each thing Trump did, like rejecting tests, not testing early, and downplaying was a good thing then express your opinion rather than being vague.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Team Deplorable during their shining moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you only read the news that agrees with your echo chamber. See the link right above for just a small dose of the reality you're ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    See the link right above for just a small dose of the reality you're ignoring.
    Y'all trip out on the wierdest stuff. I never would have guessed in a million years this would be the gripe. He meant "don't call because you won't get anywhere", not "don't call because we don't want to help them". The entire thing was said in a real light-hearted way too.

when you think of Trump people....and....you....want to just leave the planet...
    The man was given the highest award a president can give.....

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronav...dnt-be-trusted

You know, we've talked about the “Deep State” all these years since Trump was elected — the Trump-Russia collusion, the FBI — well, the Deep State extends very deeply. And the American people did not elect a bunch of health experts that we don't know.

We didn't elect a president to defer to a bunch of health experts that we don't know.

And how do we know they're even health experts? Well, they wear white lab coats, and they've been in the job for a while, and they're at the CDC and they're at the NIH, and they're up, well — yeah, they've been there, and they are there.

But has there been any job assessment for them? They're just assumed to be the best because they're in government. But, these are all kinds of things that I've been questioning.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Y'all trip out on the wierdest stuff. I never would have guessed in a million years this would be the gripe. He meant "don't call because you won't get anywhere", not "don't call because we don't want to help them". The entire thing was said in a real light-hearted way too.
    But-but-but what he meant was...don't you get tired of having to look up butt's to explain Resident Trump's dipshit statements?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-28 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to give to much credit to a known narcissist. Those kind of people may joke publicly, but genuinely mean it in their own heads.

Unfortunately it is no surprise that Trump considers some people enemies strictly because they don't like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You don't send people to the frontline with faulty gear, doesn't matter if it's soldiers to war or medical personell to treat contageous patients.
    1 trained nurse or doctor can potentially help to save hundreds or thousands of lives in their careers, why would you risk them becoming sick and potentially dying because of faulty rubber bands? You wouldn't send soldiers to war if their gun had a 50% chance to jam when fired...
    Yes, I know that. I was just making sure it was known how it expired. I agree they shouldn't be used if they are unsafe.

- - - Updated - - -

Even for you that was lame as fuck. "It was light hearted"? Want to explain everything else Trump fucked up on and how those are good things?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    when you think of Trump people....and....you....want to just leave the planet...

Queue Trump saying this same thing in 3...2...1...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    You seem to give to much credit to a known narcissist. Those kind of people may joke publicly, but genuinely mean it in their own heads.
    See, there's the thing, and even the rabid fanbase knows it: at the very best possible way to look at it, Trump was light-heartedly joking about withholding aid on a day in which 300 more Americans died.

The worst case scenario, is they know Trump was serious, and they had to defend him with "he was laughing at the deaths of hundreds of Americans" because that was better than the alternative.

"Hah hah, that guy I voted for, what a kidder!" they exclaim. "What kind of man wouldn't be light-hearted and jovial about the deaths of several hundred Americans? I'm so glad I get to vote for him again! Also, I'm going to pray extra hard in a packed church on Easter just for *cough* him!"

- - - Updated - - -

Business Insider ran the numbers: if you get hospitalized due to the coronavirus, and you don't have insurance, it could cost you $73,000.

A recent report by healthcare cost database FAIR Health, which looked at the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the healthcare system, found that a six-day inpatient stay for treatment of coronavirus symptoms would cost 100% of the price for someone without insurance: a whopping average of $73,300. (The same would apply if you stay in a hospital outside of your insurance network and your insurance plan doesn't have out-of-network benefits.) There are 27 million Americans without insurance, despite the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

To determine these cost averages, Fair Health looked at the most commonly received treatment and professional services that patients with influenza and pneumonia in its sample size received. A respiratory illness, COVID-19 typically include shortness of breath in severe cases. But symptoms range widely across individuals, and treatment is often a case-by-case basis.

It's possible that if you are hospitalized for COVID-19, you won't undergo all of these procedures, might undergo different procedures, or could undergo additional procedures. So, you could owe less — or more — than what's shown in the chart below, depending on your treatment.

Something worth throwing in: Trump took credit for removing part of the ACA, specifically, letting people get non-ACA plans that were cheaper -- because they didn't cover as much. For example, they could have $10,000 deductibles, or remove the maximum yearly out-of-pocket. Anyone with one of these new plans and who goes to the hospital is going to find out whether their savings was enough, or if they'll have insurance and still go bankrupt because of medical bills.

As it so happens, some states made these non-ACA plans illegal. New York, for example. Redder states, eh, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the EU banks are going to be footing the bill as they got bailed out last time by us. In the US tax payers are going to be footing the bill, while they bailed out companies the last time around and are now facing bankruptcy themselves.

And people still believe this is the correct way to go about things, seems the US never really got past slavery it just took a different form.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

You know, we've talked about the “Deep State” all these years since Trump was elected — the Trump-Russia collusion, the FBI — well, the Deep State extends very deeply. And the American people did not elect a bunch of health experts that we don't know.

We didn't elect a president to defer to a bunch of health experts that we don't know.

And how do we know they're even health experts? Well, they wear white lab coats, and they've been in the job for a while, and they're at the CDC and they're at the NIH, and they're up, well — yeah, they've been there, and they are there.

But has there been any job assessment for them? They're just assumed to be the best because they're in government. But, these are all kinds of things that I've been questioning.
    So, if they are part of the deep state, does that mean that fat fuck has stopped taking his Chemo treatments for his cancer? Bet he hasn't.