Trump wanted personal signature on economic relief checks

I don't know that that makes sense, since I thought I heard that these were advances on 2020 tax credits. It's tough to pin down some of the details, but it makes no sense at all for Trump to sign these checks. It really is a Trump brand President. Deluxe edition 2.0 now with stimulus checks! And a new hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

I don't know that that makes sense, since I thought I heard that these were advances on 2020 tax credits. It's tough to pin down some of the details, but it makes no sense at all for Trump to sign these checks. It really is a Trump brand President. Deluxe edition 2.0 now with stimulus checks! And a new hat!
    You know exactly why he wants his signature on each check.

It's just weird to watch people suddenly lose all sense of inflection or tone. I can watch Trump say something in a roundabout way, maybe not the most clearly, but with tone and facial cues I can follow what he's saying. Like anybody else. But some people out there just stare around dumbfounded, completely flummoxed, completely perplexed, can't make out these alien sounds coming from Trump's mouth! What is he saying? Will the madness ever end!?
    Normal politicians say what they mean, you can write down what they said and someone else can read it later and get what the politician meant.

Why would it be necessary to watch Trump and interpret what he meant? Is he too stupid to say what he means? Nobody should have to interpret tone and facial cues to get what the president of the united states says. If you are deaf or blind that's it then, no more info from your president?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Point to where Trump is ever joking. Considering he doesn't like comedians I doubt he knows much of what actual comedy or jokes are.
    Best to ignore and move on, person ain't worth the time of day. We all know if someone else did it it would have been the worst crime on earth.

Back on topic, seems donny dumbo is purposely holding back support for states he doesn't need in the election. Guess it was only a matter of time till the racists in the US went further on their actions to simply try to prevent coloured people from voting but to actually wish death on fellow Americans.

Do wonder when America will have enough, plenty of intelligent folk over there. Can't imagine this kind of misconduct by the GOP will be tolerated for decades to come.
    I mean we already know that the reason the far right is so violent and aggressive is that this is their final moments before they get knocked back down to where cesspool they crawled out off, as the demographic is changing so much that dacien kids or grand kids will probably end up speaking english and spanish and marrying a coloured person.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Normal politicians say what they mean, you can write down what they said and someone else can read it later and get what the politician meant.

Why would it be necessary to watch Trump and interpret what he meant? Is he too stupid to say what he means? Nobody should have to interpret tone and facial cues to get what the president of the united states says. If you are deaf or blind that's it then, no more info from your president?
    How many of his lies must we digest before we are allowed to be critical?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Best to ignore and move on, person ain't worth the time of day. We all know if someone else did it it would have been the worst crime on earth.

Back on topic, seems donny dumbo is purposely holding back support for states he doesn't need in the election. Guess it was only a matter of time till the racists in the US went further on their actions to simply try to prevent coloured people from voting but to actually wish death on fellow Americans.

Do wonder when America will have enough, plenty of intelligent folk over there. Can't imagine this kind of misconduct by the GOP will be tolerated for decades to come.
    I mean we already know that the reason the far right is so violent and aggressive is that this is their final moments before they get knocked back down to where cesspool they crawled out off, as the demographic is changing so much that dacien kids or grand kids will probably end up speaking english and spanish and marrying a coloured person.
    There’s enough noise from people here in the swamp of Florida to make it seem like this still isn’t enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    US President Donald Trump has said he is considering imposing a quarantine on New York in a bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

"We'd like to see [it] quarantined because it's a hotspot," he told reporters. "I'm thinking about that."

He spoke as confirmed cases in the state increased to more than 52,000, with at least 728 deaths.

But the state's governor, Andrew Cuomo, said he had not discussed such measures with the president.

"I didn't speak to him about any quarantine," he told reporters shortly after he held a call with Mr Trump.

"I haven't had those conversations," he added. "I don't even know what that means."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52079121

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    How many of his lies must we digest before we are allowed to be critical?

- - - Updated - - -

There’s enough noise from people here in the swamp of Florida to make it seem like this still isn’t enough.
    When the churches become morgues as they did in Italy, the illusion that this is a conspiracy from the "left" will end abruptly. Maybe then, personal tragedy is often needed sadly.

Because that would be the best use of a presidents time. Especially during a pandemic, no less.

But, lol! Man, so funny! What a hoot! This is hilarious! Hahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He can do whatever he wants now, grandpa dumbo is a month to late to impose a quarantine the virus is everywhere in the US already.
    Good way to waste resources paid by the taxpayer on nothing what seems to be a talent of the GOP.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You know exactly why he wants his signature on each check.
    He wants his signature on those checks for the same reasons he wants Governors to be vocally 'grateful' to receive aid: It's all about his reelection bid and putting his name on whatever it is that's being fixed to associate him with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just weird to watch people suddenly lose all sense of inflection or tone. I can watch Trump say something in a roundabout way, maybe not the most clearly, but with tone and facial cues I can follow what he's saying. Like anybody else. But some people out there just stare around dumbfounded, completely flummoxed, completely perplexed, can't make out these alien sounds coming from Trump's mouth! What is he saying? Will the madness ever end!?
    Except you have "what he meant was" numerous times to have Trump double down on the original statement, or even come right out and say "no that's not what I meant."

You just don't get it that you are wrong. Trump isn't funny, he's an empty horrible human. And if you find that funny maybe you should spend some time reflecting about what that means about you.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Except you have "what he meant was" numerous times to have Trump double down on the original statement
    You rang?

You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus, you know you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is.
    A Trump quote. And it's factually false.

We sent thousands of ventilators to New York and they didn't know about it at the time, they were complaining. Thousands. We had 2,000 and then 2,000 and then 4,000, and they were going there in large numbers.
    A Trump quote. And it's factually false. NYState did know the ventilators arrived, they just needed more than was sent. There is a difference between "you didn't pay me" and "you only paid me half".

China pays 25% interest on $250 billion worth of product that they send in.
    A Trump quote about tariffs that is still factually false. Also, "interest"?

And everyone's favorite:

Frankly, I think that would be a good place to build the ventilators, but we'll see
    which was referring to this place:

GM will be selling their beautiful Lordstown Plant to Workhorse, where they plan to build Electric Trucks
    That last line was a tweet from May 2019. Everything else was from literally yesterday.

Y'all trip out on the wierdest stuff. I never would have guessed in a million years this would be the gripe. He meant "don't call because you won't get anywhere", not "don't call because we don't want to help them". The entire thing was said in a real light-hearted way too.
    Here's an article with a clip to where he says not to call these people and no it wasn't said in a light-hearted way at all, in fact it looks like he's angry when he says it. You're just lying, as usual, because you're a shameless Trump turd slurper who will excuse everything he says.

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...ashington.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm curious...do you ever once have a part of your brain wake up and say "maybe if I keep having to explain what Trump actually meant I might be wrong..." or is your devotion entirely mindless and you never once feel any hesitation about having to rewrite what he says to make it "not so bad"?
    Short answer: No, he won't ever realize.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Axios summary details the situation so far.

Here's the quickest possible review of the story so far — how it happened and how the U.S. lost control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He's a little late, researchers are already in the process of planning where the next large hotspots will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yep. For those who do not think much ahead. If they are offered their old job back before then, the smart ones will take the job.

Meanwhile, for those interested, Trump's overall approval rating just hit a all time high since he has been President. The average of 10 polling sources from RealClearPolitics now have him at a average of 47.1%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
    It's called the rally around the flag effect, which is a short term boost in the president's approval rating during a major event. Its folks supporting America and the WH than supporting who is sitting the WH and it doesn't necessarily translate into votes.

For example Bush had a +35% approval rating after 9/11, Obama gained +7% after his administration killed Osama Bin Laden, and +5 after his response to Sandy Hook shootings. All of which saw the spike in approval disappear shortly after the event.

What remains to be seen is does it hold out or does history repeat itself and it evaporates by the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No. It means, if you have insurance, things cost less because of deals made in the industry. How much you personally pay is based on your exact plan, including your deductible.
    So you're telling me if someone is insured via the government hospitals are able to treat a dude for $7533 but uninsured it suddenly costs ten times as much? There must be an actual cost to the treatment, which should be the same no matter the financial status of the patient. So hospitals either rip of uninsured or make heavy losses for insured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you're telling me if someone is insured via the government hospitals are able to treat a dude for $7533 but uninsured it suddenly costs ten times as much?
    Twice as much, but, yes.

You can read more about it here.

I am not defending this system. I defended the ACA, and as such, I don't have to defend what's left when it's damaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Twice as much, but, yes.

You can read more about it here.

I am not defending this system. I defended the ACA, and as such, I don't have to defend what's left when it's damaged.
    Some hospitals, if you call and say you're uninsured and will have trouble paying the amount, the price can be "negotiated" down. Negotiating went with one set of interactions each, roughly "Hey fuckers, I'm poor, I can't pay 8K for 4 hours in the ER, 3 bags of Saline, one urine sample, some bloodwork and a script for Percocet." from me and the hospital in Raleigh, NC replying with "If you pay 1200 by 3 weeks from now, we cool Poopy." This was 2013.

Edit: Added year 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.