electoral college has to go, this is evil,

I would say this is impeachable conduct, but then again republicans said holding up aid for political favors wasnt impeachable so you can thank senate republicans for trump withholding aid to blue states

Guiliani basically admitting you have to kiss Trump's ass to get what you need from the Federal Government. Something Obama nor any other government has done, EVER, in the history of the US, at least as far as since the fucking Civil War. Fuck Trump, Fuck Guiliani, and fuck ANYONE that supports either of them.

If only there had been a trial about quid pro quo to get rid of trump...

I think Guiliani got twitter banned for posting drink bleach to cure 'rona or some shit lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    If only there had been a trial about quid pro quo to get rid of trump...

I think Guiliani got twitter banned for posting drink bleach to cure 'rona or some shit lmao

The tweet was removed for being Fake News. Giuliani's account was temporarily locked. So was the person Giuliani quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Guiliani basically admitting you have to kiss Trump's ass to get what you need from the Federal Government.
    "You know, if you're playing with your boss, sometimes it's better if you don't win the golf game".

I don't know who Giuliani plays golf with that, if they lose, hundreds of people die.

Oh wait, yes I do. It's Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

electoral college has to go, this is evil,

I would say this is impeachable conduct, but then again republicans said holding up aid for political favors wasnt impeachable so you can thank senate republicans for trump withholding aid to blue states
    Aint Colorado more of a light red than a purple state?
    its confusing that he'd hit them with this reprehensible bullshit with that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

The tweet was removed for being Fake News. Giuliani's account was temporarily locked. So was the person Giuliani quoted.
    So many shit to unpack here.
    First HQC hasnt shown 100% effectiveness... not even in the followup OBSERVATIONAL study that was just published yesterday
    The sane thing is to investigate a little bit more, get a little more data. We need a week, no, 2 weeks, for the initial results of the NYC trials to begin trickling out. No one is against Trump because of the person who says it. It's mostly because the orange cancer lies so much that no one believes him, even when he stumbles with something that may be true.

You know what i hate? That HQC has shown some promise. But these ghouls will latch and take all credit for themselves if the results come back positive, and that infuriates me.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-29 at 06:53 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Giuliani's account was temporarily locked. So was the person Giuliani quoted.
    ah turning point usa guy, the fucking brain trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many side effects to a pandemic and the response to the pandemic, such as "people stay home and don't use public trash cans as much".

Which is why the city of New Orleans has gangs of hungry rats prowling the streets.

It should be noted that, normally, rat swarms in the heard of a touristy city would, itself, be the cause of a disease outbreak. Not so much this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many side effects to a pandemic and the response to the pandemic, such as "people stay home and don't use public trash cans as much".

Which is why the city of New Orleans has gangs of hungry rats prowling the streets.

It should be noted that, normally, rat swarms in the heard of a touristy city would, itself, be the cause of a disease outbreak. Not so much this time.
    just need to loose a few packs of terriers and min pins into the streets at night.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not really, no.

CDC keeps weekly data on influenza. On it, they have a link to past weekly data, which includes deaths per week.

Even combining all influenza and pneumonia deaths, most weekly values range from about 2700 (385/day) to 5000 (715/day). Over the last 8 years, there have been only two or three weeks where the combined totals reach 7000 (1000/day), and just barely.

Now, the problem is that nowhere near all those pneumonia deaths are due to influenza. Let's take the 2016-17 flu season, for example. (Later years are listed as only preliminary data.) The CDC estimates 38k deaths attributed to influenza, yet there were about 135k deaths listed on the weekly chart data as pneumonia + influenza. Which means that the CDC estimates that less than a third of those deaths were really attributable to influenza.

That means that instead of seasonal high points of 5000/wk, it's more accurately 1500/wk (215/day), with a few outliers getting up to 2100/wk (300/day).

Which means that we're already significantly currently higher than peak flu season flu deaths, and we're still going up.
    Holy crap, thanks for finding that, and damn, that's scary...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ah turning point usa guy, the fucking brain trust.
    I call them the Hitler Youth recruiters, being as how so many of their "college chapters", if you can call them that, have been recruiting highly racist douchebags. Then you had Hitler Defending Candace Owens in their organization.

Like this has been bugging me i havent seen anyone mention it much, but the way trump talks about democrats and democratic states seems very similar to how he talks about other countries specifically ones in private he called "shithole countries" he considers new york, washington and california not his citizens, he feels no need at all to govern for them because they didnt vote for him. For example saying he needs to quarentine new yorkers because htey are "spreading the disease" sounds like something was saying about west africans during ebola which was just like oh trumps being racist thats his thing-but now hes speaking that way about american citizens. if they didnt vote for him, hes "other"ing people in blue states with the same tactics he uses for racism.

Maybe im being crazy and too PC but this is just how it feels to me when he speaks about new york and washington.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Like this has been bugging me i havent seen anyone mention it much, but the way trump talks about democrats and democratic states seems very similar to how he talks about other countries specifically ones in private he called "shithole countries" he considers new york, washington and california not his citizens, he feels no need at all to govern for them because they didnt vote for him. For example saying he needs to quarentine new yorkers because htey are "spreading the disease" sounds like something was saying about west africans during ebola which was just like oh trumps being racist thats his thing-but now hes speaking that way about american citizens. if they didnt vote for him, hes "other"ing people in blue states with the same tactics he uses for racism.

Maybe im being crazy and too PC but this is just how it feels to me when he speaks about new york and washington.
    well he had done that with that tax bill when they removed the exemption for state income tax, something that would hit blue states

at this point there is nothing that he is doing that should be unexpected
    the only surprising thing is the elected gop members that want to continue being career politicians or have careers after politics, that they are willing to go along with this when it will reduce them to pariahs when this is all said and done.

I wonder why Trump is suing over this ad. Does he not like people hearing what he said?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I wonder why Trump is suing over this ad. Does he not like people hearing what he said?

Keep passing around and posting this as much as you possibly can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. Basically trump bailing himself out.
    The federal government’s planned $2 trillion economic rescue package includes financial aid for individuals and industries that are struggling to survive the coronavirus pandemic.

It also includes a potential bonanza for America’s richest real estate investors.

Senate Republicans inserted an easy-to-overlook provision on page 203 of the 880-page bill that would permit wealthy investors to use losses generated by real estate to minimize their taxes on profits from things like investments in the stock market. The estimated cost of the change over 10 years is $170 billion.

Under the existing tax code, when real estate investors generate losses from gradually writing down the value of their properties, a process known as depreciation, they can use some of those losses to offset other taxes. The result is that people can enjoy big tax breaks stemming from only-on-paper losses, even if they enjoy big cash profits in the real world.

But the use of those losses was limited by the 2017 tax-cut package. The losses could be used only to shelter the first $500,000 of a married couple’s nonbusiness income, such as capital gains from investments. Any leftover losses got rolled over to future years.

The new stimulus bill lifts that restriction for three years — this year, and two retroactive years — a boon for couples with more than $500,000 in annual capital gains or income from sources other than their business. That group comprises the top 1 percent of taxpayers, according to Internal Revenue Service data.

A draft congressional analysis this week found that the change is the second-biggest tax giveaway in the $2 trillion stimulus package. That cost analysis also includes the impact of some smaller technical changes to the law. Other industries, like oil and gas and commodities trading, also stand to benefit from the change.

“It’s a pretty big deal,” said Peter Buell, who runs tax services for the real estate practice of the accounting firm Marcum. A separate provision in the stimulus bill, which removes restrictions on losses that people can carry over from previous years, would make the tax break even more lucrative.

A spokesman for the Real Estate Roundtable, a lobbying group, played down the importance of the provision. He said that under the 2017 law, some real estate developers simply spread their losses over multiple years, potentially avoiding the $500,000 ceiling.

Among the possible beneficiaries of the change are real estate investors in President Trump’s inner circle.

In 2018, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, likely didn’t pay federal income taxes for several years because of paper losses generated by depreciating his companies’ properties, despite his significant wealth and earnings from other sources, according to confidential financial documents.

Mr. Trump has also reported significant losses on his tax return. Portions of a 1995 tax return published by The Times showed nearly $916 million in losses, which could have permitted him to avoid paying any federal income taxes for almost two decades.

The 2017 law restricted both men’s abilities to reap tax savings through only-on-paper losses; now, with those limits likely to be lifted, Mr. Trump and Mr. Kushner, as well as other wealthy real estate developers, have the potential to score big tax savings.

The Senate unanimously approved the $2 trillion aid package late Wednesday night. The House is expected to vote on the measure on Friday to deal with the economic damage wrought by the coronavirus pandemic; it would be the largest fiscal stimulus package in modern American history. It would then be sent to Mr. Trump for his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Keep passing around and posting this as much as you possibly can.
    You know I have seen this on Twitter with the "pass it on" message. Maybe its me the cynic but I wonder how much social media helps the Dems/Left? I know the herd of Trumpsters are addicted to Facebook and such, mainly FB. Maybe my perception but the bubble seems much more stronger on the conservative side and on social media the news or political ads just have more of influence.

It was sorta strange how Facebook was this young person's social media and then was taking over by moms and dads and old people. Now it seems to be an echo chamber fro right wing news.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Basically trump bailing himself out.
    Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer has secured a provision in the agreement that will prohibit businesses controlled by the President, Vice President, Members of Congress, and heads of Executive Departments from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs. The children, spouses and in-laws of the aforementioned principals are also included in this prohibition

We wrote a provision, not just the president, but any major figure in government -- cabinet, Senate, congressmen -- if they have majority control [in a company], they can't get grants or loans and that makes sense. Those of us who write the law shouldn't benefit from the law..
    -- Chuck Schumer

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Trump say he wasn't going to listen to that provision?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ersight-152560

And even if he doesn't use it to enrich himself (he will) what's to stop him from giving that bailout money to corporations who will turn around and donate large amounts of money to his 2020 campaign anyways?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I can sleep well tonigiht.