7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If it weren’t for the inevitable catastrophe... a thread on how to better communicate with Trump simps, might be interesting... not calling them simps is a nice start... lol
    Nah, by this point they would have most definitely earned that title.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. Let's recap.

1) Biden leads nationally by 10. Most notably today at least, Biden is ahead in North Carolina, and while the reasons are pretty obvious -- the state is losing jobs, money, and lives -- Trump decided the best way to handle this was to visit the state and tell everyone that things were going well. But, hey, at least he was wearing a mask. Trump is behind in Michigan, he's tied in Ohio, and he hasn't led a poll in Florida in four months.

2) Trump has personally led the US to its lowest approval with the EU ever.

3) Trump is trying to block his taxes in court again with yet another defense, namely, that it's harassment. "If you had handed over your taxes when legally required," the prosecutors shoudl have said, "we wouldn't have to keep asking".

4) There is a growing movement within the GOP looking ahead to life after Trump in the Party of Trump. To understand why, look no further than AZ Senator McSallys, who is about to lose re-election despite following Trump and hoping the rabid fanbase helps. The breaks are forming -- the governor of Texas is pushing for more mail-in ballots and the GOP relief bill suggested today has no payroll tax cut. Simply put, there are more and more warning signs that Trump is not going to get the allies/help he requires to stay afloat.

There is a model Trump could potentially follow: that of Truman, 72 years ago. However, Trump has 99 days to get the same kind of results. Based on polls and death numbers, this does not seem all that realistic.

5) China closes an embassy in retaliation to the US closing one of theirs. That's standard, except for the part about Phase One and a trade deal

6) It's official, in the US and EU, right-wing nationalists have replaced jihadists as the primary source of terror violence. Specifically, there is increased threat due to KKKosplay soldiers defending muh rights with a car into a crowd of peaceful protestors.

7) Iran wins the troll award of the month by putting an entire fake ship in the water to screw with the US Navy.

8) While protests continue -- they're protesting in Texas y'all -- it's expected that the head of the National Guard will testify under oath that, no, the violence used on peaceful protestors so Trump could hold a photo op with an upside-down Bible was not justified. Now, this hasn't happened yet, but that's the story we're hearing so far.

9) A new report says millions of Americans don't have access to clean drinking water. As a reminder, not only did Trump personally allow coal sludge to be dumped into drinking water, but also, is fighting to remove environmental studies done before any infrastructure projects -- which, incidentally, we're still waiting on.

10) We've briefly talked about this. Trump signed some E.O.'s claiming they would lower drug prices, and threatened more. What I failed to mention was, Trump said he was holding a meeting with drug companies to negotiate terms. Well, he didn't tell them first, and not only did they refuse, but said it would be a waste of time, because Trump never said what the E.O. had in it. They refused to haggle over a blank contract -- especially with Trump.

11) And of course, the list goes up to 11 with the lethal virus outbreak.

Washington DC now has a NY-like quaratine list which will make things a lot more difficult for Rep and Senate staff.

Fuck Florida sees a 23% jump in the hospitalization rate of children. In the last week. They also blew past NYState in terms of cases.

Both the NFL and the MLB are having coronavirus issues, threatening penalties for players who spread the lethal virus or cancelling games.

The governor of NM says, correctly I opine, that things in NM are going to follow the country, and there is no leadership at the top -- meaning NM is eventually doomed no matter what they do inside the state.

So what is the WH doing?

They're defending their slow testing turnaround, which incidentally, is an own-goal against "cases are higher because we're doing more testing".

They're bringing the virus into the WH itself -- Trump's NSA tested positive.

Trump is personally claiming children don't catch or spread the virus, which is not just false but malicious and lethal.

They're watching the GOP Senate roll out a relief bill plan with a second check, but some taxpaying Americans haven't gotten their first check yet.

They're hearing hundreds of medical experts use evidence to show we need another lockdown for any chance of school to resume in person, and they're choosing not to do that.

They're ignoring the literal majority of Americans asking for national lockdown, leadership, or anything else remotely useful.

And, coming directly from Fauci, they're flat-out claiming success in the fight against COVID-19 despite the results they're claiming flat-out not happening. They're just making shit up.

Trump went golfing literally yesterday.

All of these articles were from the last 24 hours. This happened in one day.

Trump is an objective failure. He lies about everything, he's watching the US fall behind the world, and he's watching his own country fall apart and die.

Are we tired of winning yet?

What will happen when the US faces another lockdown? because the way you're headed, it seems like a sad certainty right now. Unless Dotard Tang really thinks that maintaining the (heavily hurt) economy is worth more than 50-100k lives.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What will happen when the US faces another lockdown? because the way you're headed, it seems like a sad certainty right now. Unless Dotard Tang really thinks that maintaining the (heavily hurt) economy is worth more than 50-100k lives.
    I mean if you use my state of Florida as an example, there doesn’t seem to be a line.

10+ Year Old Account
    What will happen when the US faces another lockdown?
    The people who have been laid off and who cannot find a job, because the jobs don't exist, will eventually run out of money, and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The people who have been laid off and who cannot find a job, because the jobs don't exist, will eventually run out of money, and die.
    So... um... like the game the division, but in real life?

The problem is that since an effective lockdown wasn't put in at the start, the US really can't have an effective lockdown now. So much damage was done with the half-measure in the beginning that the doomsday scenarios the GOP put forth as the reasons for not shutting everything down in March are much more likely now--especially since they're mainly the ones blocking money going to the people who are needing it the most right now.

One effective shutdown would have saved lives, livelihoods and businesses. A second one now when we already know several states/counties won't enforce them will just cause more harm and not just economically.

I still think it should be done, for the record, but it's likely going to essentially kill as many people as it saves in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I mean if you use my state of Florida as an example, there doesn’t seem to be a line.
    I still think that your state is hiding the death count. I mean, you have more cases than my country, and 4k less dead (and my country is also hiding the numbers, because economy, so yay for right wing presidents!).

But yeah, i forgot, fuck florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He already sacrificed 100k to the economy, what’s another 100k?
    Yeah, forgot that Trump is trying to ascend to daemonhood, as a Nurgle/Slaneesh entity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He already sacrificed 100k to the economy, what’s another 100k?
    From April:

President Donald Trump said Friday that the projected number of deaths related to the coronavirus will be “substantially under” early estimates that indicated 100,000 people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19

“The minimum number was 100,000 lives and I think we’ll be substantially under that number,” Trump said during a White House press conference. “Hard to believe that if you had 60,000, you can never be happy, but that’s a lot fewer than we were originally told and thinking.”

Trump said early estimates indicated the U.S. could have 100,000 to 220,000 deaths from the coronavirus and up to 2.2 million if the U.S. didn’t take any action to control the pandemic. He said states like New York have recently reported declining hospital admissions and nationwide the number of new cases is flattening, “substantially suggesting we’re near the peak.” He added that hard-hit cities like Detroit and New Orleans appear to be stabilizing.

“We’ll see what it ends up being, but it looks like we’re headed to a number substantially below the 100,000 that would be the low mark, and I hope that bears out,” Trump said.
    Hope is not a strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess there is no more trying to deny it.

With our reliable and effective self-defensive nuclear deterrent, there will be no more war on this earth, and our country's safety and future will be secured forever
    Trump's move to disarm North Korea would have been the worst thing in history. North Korea has ended war with their nuclear weapons. If Trump had succeeded in disarming NK like he said he would, there would still be war.

How lucky we are that Trump is such a failure. Now the planet will have peace, and it's all thanks to North Korea and their nukes.

Okay, okay, all joking aside, North Korea is once again completely throwing Trump's failure in his face. They're rebuking Trump openly and flaunting it in public. And they're flat-out proclaiming "there's nothing you can do about it". And while Trump and China are getting further and further apart, this just means China would be more and more liley to defend NK against any US actions against NK's interests.

Trump thinks trendings should be illegal
    and is very offended and triggered by them
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...80895051907072
    And the whole "anti sjw" free speech crowd worships this man as a "free speech warrior"
    another clue they are really just fascist sympathizers

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    first the rent collapses :

then the landlords get foreclosed.

Mass unemployment, mass homelessness, mass disease. ----> mass looting, mass squatting, mass death.

capitalism killing itself because the upper classes take all the cash and the workers cant afford to buy anything. You hate to see it.
    Glad to see my plan to not live past 31 is still going strong. 5 more months.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not to mention the "Essential Workers" who have to work getting sick and some of whom die. Or say "Fuck this shit" and end up like Breccia stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or will run out of money and kill people for it. Survival is an instinct. I say they start with the administration and then try the bankers.
    I think you'll find petty crime comes before jumping straight to murder. But sure, the first thing most people do when they run out of money is "kill someone".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s why you mix it with football and patriotism... to make it less communist... here is an example... Workers rights and adequate compensation is a touchdown for America!
    Please...no. Our state just elected for the primary, a former football coach with zero political experience...

Hydroxychloroquine is back trending, and the reason is due to Russia and/or Breitbart. Sad part is they can't even spell it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    You know what gets me the most about shit like this? These people are willing to embrace any random quack who tells them what they want to hear...but when it comes to things that everyone in the field agrees on, like...I don't know... "vaccinate your children, idiots" they refuse to accept it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd like to say I was obviously exaggerating to make a point but then I remembered which forum this is so . . .sorry?
    But yeah a mass increase in homelessness is most likely to be tied with an increase in crime rates, mostly out of desperation. And those are some alarming numbers of possible evictions. Do you have any eviction protection laws in the US? Is it by state?
    Nope not really. Not if is due to nonpayment of rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You know what gets me the most about shit like this? These people are willing to embrace any random quack who tells them what they want to hear...but when it comes to things that everyone in the field agrees on, like...I don't know... "vaccinate your children, idiots" they refuse to accept it.
    Most people are happy to listen to whoever tells them what they want to hear. Plenty of people suddenly decided Bolton was credible when he started talking shit about Trump as well. Granted not everyone did, most people remained properly skeptical, but accepting information you agree with is a basic human response we have to guard against.

Usually this level of quackery is a pretty obvious tell, but then look at who we had as an acting AG before Barr. This level of insane quackery has been normalized by this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Umm is this an Enquirer Headline? Even tho, of course The Enquirer is in the back pocket of Trump.

Oh wait....

A video featuring a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to Covid-19 was removed by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube after going viral
    US President Trump shared multiple versions of the video with his 84 million Twitter followers.

A video featuring a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to the coronavirus was removed by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube after going viral online Monday.

The video, published by the right-wing media outlet Breitbart News, featured a group of people wearing white lab coats calling themselves "America's Frontline Doctors" staging a press conference in front of the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC.
    President Trump shared multiple versions of the video with his 84 million Twitter followers Monday night despite the dubious claims running counter to his administration's own public health experts. Spokespersons for the White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Oh Geez! This guy is an effin loon. An old senile guy tweeting out the dumbest crap and he is our President.

Well, lets hope this President stays on focus about Covid and wearing masks

The president also shared a post from the Twitter account for a podcast hosted by Steve Bannon, a former top White House adviser to Trump, accusing Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.

I give up!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Looks like he went on a massive disinformation spree, tweeting all sorts of conspiracy videos. Twitter removed at least 6 of his posts, his feed is speckled with "This post is no longer available" notifications.

Poor Trump, I feel like someone told him he needs a miracle, so he turned to all the Quasi-religious quacks that promise miracles. And of course twitter removed them all because that sort of shit is going to get thousands of people killed. It is truly amazing that we are this far into a pandemic, and the President is still railing about conspiracy theories.