10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I think you'll find petty crime comes before jumping straight to murder. But sure, the first thing most people do when they run out of money is "kill someone".

There's also the French revolution, there's a history of violence by the oppressed and impoverished especially in a society with a large and visible wealth gap.
    Also if i have to consider how one can use fire arms to defend themselves, if i am robbing a place and i hear something i fire before someone fires on me, because that appears to be common sense for your own survival in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Looks like he went on a massive disinformation spree, tweeting all sorts of conspiracy videos. Twitter removed at least 6 of his posts, his feed is speckled with "This post is no longer available" notifications.

Poor Trump, I feel like someone told him he needs a miracle, so he turned to all the Quasi-religious quacks that promise miracles. And of course twitter removed them all because that sort of shit is going to get thousands of people killed. It is truly amazing that we are this far into a pandemic, and the President is still railing about conspiracy theories.
    Our President is just some crazy person who flings his own feces at his walls and rage tweets. Thank You America.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he went on a massive disinformation spree, tweeting all sorts of conspiracy videos. Twitter removed at least 6 of his posts, his feed is speckled with "This post is no longer available" notifications.

Poor Trump, I feel like someone told him he needs a miracle, so he turned to all the Quasi-religious quacks that promise miracles. And of course twitter removed them all because that sort of shit is going to get thousands of people killed. It is truly amazing that we are this far into a pandemic, and the President is still railing about conspiracy theories.
    Trump demanded that Obama be removed from office over Ebola. It was one of the leading issues in GOP taking over congress in 2014. Trump was leading the charge in demanding that Obama be punished for mishandling a virus that will kill everyone in America

When covid hit in January, two things happened for Trump. First, Kushner confirmed that the covid virus, was just democrats trying to sway the election, the same way Trump successfully did in 2014. You may have seen Trump call it a hoax, as a result. Second, Trump believes that Obama didn’t do anything and assumed that Ebola disappeared like magic, instead of the work done by health officials. Thus, his approach to combating the virus, was instead to say shit, with the assumption it will go away without effort... just like Ebola, SARS and MERSA...

You couple that with Trump both, believing he knows better than anyone else and being stubborn beyond any reason. That’s a perfect combination for the disaster we see... he fucked up, because he thought nothing was done about previous pandemics being contained and was convinced that democrats were using the same tact GOP used in 2014, to in effect steal an election based on a fabricated concern.

There is another factor that a lot of people seem to ignore, that forces Trump into this predicament. He is a real estate mogul, with majority of his property being in the hospitality industry. The industry that happens to be the one most impacted by lock downs and preventative measures of containing a pandemic. Things like hotels and golf courses, would be one of the most impacted financially, if we were to take action against the virus that would actually help people.

We elected a real estate mogul, than wonder why he is doing so much stupid shit, to keep his real estate business open. What did you think was going to happen?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Each time it goes deeper and more insane, each time and yet I am still surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump demanded that Obama be removed from office over Ebola. It was one of the leading issues in GOP taking over congress in 2014. Trump was leading the charge in demanding that Obama be punished for mishandling a virus that will kill everyone in America

When covid hit in January, two things happened for Trump. First, Kushner confirmed that the covid virus, was just democrats trying to sway the election, the same way Trump successfully did in 2014. You may have seen Trump call it a hoax, as a result. Second, Trump believes that Obama didn’t do anything and assumed that Ebola disappeared like magic, instead of the work done by health officials. Thus, his approach to combating the virus, was instead to say shit, with the assumption it will go away without effort... just like Ebola, SARS and MERSA...

You couple that with Trump both, believing he knows better than anyone else and being stubborn beyond any reason. That’s a perfect combination for the disaster we see... he fucked up, because he thought nothing was done about previous pandemics being contained and was convinced that democrats were using the same tact GOP used in 2014, to in effect steal an election based on a fabricated concern.

There is another factor that a lot of people seem to ignore, that forces Trump into this predicament. He is a real estate mogul, with majority of his property being in the hospitality industry. The industry that happens to be the one most impacted by lock downs and preventative measures of containing a pandemic. Things like hotels and golf courses, would be one of the most impacted financially, if we were to take action against the virus that would actually help people.

We elected a real estate mogul, than wonder why he is doing so much stupid shit, to keep his real estate business open. What did you think was going to happen?
    The Ebola outbreak really doesn't get the attention it deserves in hindsight, because you are absolutely right about what happens. The GOP managed to do their revisionist history bullshit on it right in front of our eyes. The current impression of Ebola is either 1) It was no big deal; or 2) It went away on its own; or somehow 3) Obama horribly mishandled it, but was saved by 1 or 2.

I was actually secondarily involved in handling that outbreak when it happened. I was in the 101st at the time, and we were assigned mission command in West Africa for it. I didn't deploy for that one, but I was on the stateside logistics front for it. I can assure you the response was absolutely massive, and decisive. We deployed tens of thousands of military personnel to contain it where is started, enlisted and led a truly unified international effort against it, instead of some petty America-centric response. Countries like Russia and China were cooperating with us, because everyone understood the threat, and was working hard to contain it. We listen to the medical experts, engaged in proper diplomacy, acted proactively, and contained in almost entirely in the area of the initial outbreak.

A few people carried it to other countries, and those isolated cases were taken extremely seriously, and locked down instantly. A woman in Dallas sued the government for the extremely draconian lockdown procedures that were put on her when her boyfriend died of Ebola, and while she does have a point, it was necessary to stop the spread of the virus. Ebola was the perfect example of how the international community handles a potential pandemic early and effectively. It was marked by taking it seriously early, and stopping it before it spread too far. America was the centerpiece of that response for logistics and medical guidance, but it certainly didn't do it alone, that is what the "Leader of the Free World" title means. Compare to Covid, where the US harassed, interfered, endangered, and tripped up the responses of other nations, stole their resources, and mocked them when they failed.

Two Americans died of Ebola. Two. Because the government did its damn job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    please end this nightmare
    Near as I can tell, the video has been removed, Trump is left with his tiny dick flapping in the wind retweeting an empty page, and thedonald's new location is filled with calls to murder child rapists in response.

No, really.

EDIT: While searching for "Stella Immanuel" I found her posted on a suspiciously high number of .ru sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Please...no. Our state just elected for the primary, a former football coach with zero political experience...

Hydroxychloroquine is back trending, and the reason is due to Russia and/or Breitbart. Sad part is they can't even spell it properly.
    Actual doctors do prescribe this to some covid patients.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually secondarily involved in handling that outbreak when it happened.
    My gf wrote the standard operating procedure for a medical facility, due to Ebola. Now I can guess what you think about Zeeka... considering no one seems to remember, it’s a hell of a job done containing it. Before this year, I would say it was a job done perfectly, since no one seems to remember. But... than again... it’s why Trump is expecting magic...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The doctor Trump personally retweeted, Stella Immanuel, said “Hello, you don’t need a mask. There is a cure,” and “Nobody needs to get sick, this virus has a cure.”

Are you willing to follow this doctor that Trump personally retweeted, and stop wearing a mask? Hello, there is a cure! You won't get sick, the doctor said so!

You have 24 hours to publicly announce you will follow this doctor who says there is a cure, and to publicly announce you will stop wearing a mask. Oh, I'm sure you could lie and claim you'll do that, just to make a point about how much you trust Trump and his team of medical experts. The only person who would know for sure would be you.

Publicly announce, right now, that you will stop wearing a mask, right now, because a doctor Trump retweeted said there is a cure, right now.

24 hours. Time starts right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they better have those patients on a heart monitor.

FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems
    https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Revokes Emergency Use Authorization for Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...hloroquine-and
    https://www.fda.gov/media/138945/download

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The doctor Trump personally retweeted, Stella Immanuel, said “Hello, you don’t need a mask. There is a cure,” and “Nobody needs to get sick, this virus has a cure.”
    She said we have alien DNA and are battling demons... literally...

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is now tweeting about some ad big pharma placed, saying Trump raised drug prices on seniors by 50%. Obviously Trump claims that's false. I haven't done the research, at this point Trump lies all the time about everything so the safe assumption is "Trump is lying, I'm going to use the time I would spend proving that getting another cup of coffee and read Beta notes".

But the mere fact that such an ad exists is bad news for Trump's E.O. spree. Three of the four were "DO SOMETHING!" and he never signed the fourth, putting it off till Aug 24, hoping to negotiate with drug companies first. That doesn't appear to be happening. Also, just going to guess that drug companies -- no I am not defending them -- probably have way more money to spend on advertising, and can push "Trump is trying to murder old sick people" far harder than Trump can defend against it.

Well, I guess big pharma is entitied to their Constitutionally-protected opinion. Isn't it great that corporations are people? (eyeroll)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She said we have alien DNA and are battling demons... literally...
    Yes, but let's give @lockedout a chance to defend the merits of the case. Oh sure, it's fun to lump in hydroxychlorisleachman in with demon sperm, so that when @lockedout defends this doctor he has that to look forward to. But right now, let's focus on that doctor that Trump personally retweeted and their view about the drug @lockedout called out. The doctor said it was a cure. The doctor said nobody had to get sick or wear a mask. I want @lockedout to comment on that, right now, by publicly announcing he will stop wearing a mask, right now, because there is a cure, right now.

23 hours and change, @lockedout you better get moving. DSF being banned won't save you this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    And yet she is an actual doctor. I beg you, please listen to the actual doctor.
    Oh! You gonna come at me like this? Well... here is the doctor of thuganomics:

The Ebola outbreak really doesn't get the attention it deserves in hindsight, because you are absolutely right about what happens. The GOP managed to do their revisionist history bullshit on it right in front of our eyes. The current impression of Ebola is either 1) It was no big deal; or 2) It went away on its own; or somehow 3) Obama horribly mishandled it, but was saved by 1 or 2.

I was actually secondarily involved in handling that outbreak when it happened. I was in the 101st at the time, and we were assigned mission command in West Africa for it. I didn't deploy for that one, but I was on the stateside logistics front for it. I can assure you the response was absolutely massive, and decisive. We deployed tens of thousands of military personnel to contain it where is started, enlisted and led a truly unified international effort against it, instead of some petty America-centric response. Countries like Russia and China were cooperating with us, because everyone understood the threat, and was working hard to contain it. We listen to the medical experts, engaged in proper diplomacy, acted proactively, and contained in almost entirely in the area of the initial outbreak.

A few people carried it to other countries, and those isolated cases were taken extremely seriously, and locked down instantly. A woman in Dallas sued the government for the extremely draconian lockdown procedures that were put on her when her boyfriend died of Ebola, and while she does have a point, it was necessary to stop the spread of the virus. Ebola was the perfect example of how the international community handles a potential pandemic early and effectively. It was marked by taking it seriously early, and stopping it before it spread too far. America was the centerpiece of that response for logistics and medical guidance, but it certainly didn't do it alone, that is what the "Leader of the Free World" title means. Compare to Covid, where the US harassed, interfered, endangered, and tripped up the responses of other nations, stole their resources, and mocked them when they failed.

Two Americans died of Ebola. Two. Because the government did its damn job.
    Sadly, Trump needs to outdo Obama in everything. So, instead of two dead, It's set to be at least Two Bigly Yuge (hundred thousand). What I can't understand is how most of the population is just watching the show and doing jack shit about any of it. Like what the hell. What would he need to do in order to get an actual reaction from people? Death camps? Would even that do anything anymore, or would people be just as apathetic towards it as Germans were back in ww2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Please...no. Our state just elected for the primary, a former football coach with zero political experience...

Hydroxychloroquine is back trending, and the reason is due to Russia and/or Breitbart. Sad part is they can't even spell it properly.
    My favorite part is that Twitter has this "Event" as the top trend right now:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1287930821198770176

I'm no fan of Jack, but Twitter's trolling of Trump has been pretty masterful of late. I believe there was also an "event" centered on the importance and security of absentee voting yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Sadly, Trump needs to outdo Obama in everything. So, instead of two dead, It's set to be at least Two Bigly Yuge (hundred thousand). What I can't understand is how most of the population is just watching the show and doing jack shit about any of it. Like what the hell. What would he need to do in order to get an actual reaction from people? Death camps? Would even that do anything anymore, or would people be just as apathetic towards it as Germans were back in ww2?
    I ask myself that question constantly. After he ordered peaceful protesters to be beaten, gassed, and driven out of Lafayette Square for no reason other than to stage a cringeworthy photo op, and seeing the relative lack of outrage in reaction to that, I am convinced there is nothing.

Consider this scenario:
    1. Biden beats Trump in November by a decent, but not overwhelming margin.
    2. Trump claims the vote was rigged and refuses to give up the Presidency.
    3. Most Republicans in Congress agree that the vote was rigged and support Trump remaining as President.
    4. The military refuses to remove him.
    5. There is a ton of outrage at first, but eventually the situation is accepted as people realize they can't do anything about it.

Aside from #4, every point in that scenario is extremely plausible (and I really wouldn't be surprised to see #4 happen either). These past four years have been a nightmarish descent into fascism.

Maybe I am wrong about this scenario, but for this to even be a question in the back of people's minds speaks volumes about how far this country has fallen.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Assuming they were Trump branded death camps, about 30% of the population would volunteer to run them and round up "undesirables".

The past 3-4 decades of Conservative talk show radio has radicalized a not-unsignificant portion of the population into truly hating anyone not part of their "group". It's sad.

Oh, and Jr. had his account limited for posting bullshit about hydroxychloroquine. Twitter is having none of it.

Twitter limits Trump Jr.'s access after he shared coronavirus misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh, and Jr. had his account limited for posting bullshit about hydroxychloroquine.
    Aww, but how is Trump Jr. going to push his book? Trump just retweeted that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I ask myself that question constantly. After he ordered peaceful protesters to be beaten, gassed, and driven out of Lafayette Square for no reason other than to stage a cringeworthy photo op, and seeing the relative lack of outrage in reaction to that, I am convinced there is nothing.

Consider this scenario:
    1. Biden beats Trump in November by a decent, but not overwhelming margin.
    2. Trump claims the vote was rigged and refuses to give up the Presidency.
    3. Most Republicans in Congress agree that the vote was rigged and support Trump remaining as President.
    4. The military refuses to remove him.
    5. There is a ton of outrage at first, but eventually the situation is accepted as people realize they can't do anything about it.

Aside from #4, every point in that scenario is extremely plausible (and I really wouldn't be surprised to see #4 happen either). These past four years have been a nightmarish descent into fascism.

Maybe I am wrong about this scenario, but for this to even be a question in the back of people's minds speaks volumes about how far this country has fallen.
    Hopefully he'll just get escorted out in chains after losing, and refusing to leave. Anything other than that will be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Assuming they were Trump branded death camps, about 30% of the population would volunteer to run them and round up "undesirables".

The past 3-4 decades of Conservative talk show radio has radicalized a not-unsignificant portion of the population into truly hating anyone not part of their "group". It's sad.
    I wonder, will Trump brand death camps at least have gilded shower rooms?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-07-28 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

3+ Year Old Account
    "actual doctor that rants about sex with demons and demands an entire news organization needs to take a piss test for her."

some real sane stuff.