Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well that explains the drinking and prostitution I guess. Fair assessment, although not a fantastic position for that sort of organization to be in.

Still, since this isn't a problem that is in any way unique to Trump, although it is connected to him now, I will let the thread get back on topic.
    Nah, my fault for leading us down this side path. I apologize to the folks for my role in it.

OT: Trump's personal attorney Barr is testifying before the House Judiciary Committee about a myriad of failings in this administration and doing a fairly poor job of defending himself from what I can tell.

And of course all the Trump supporters want to focus on is that Nadler was in a car accident on the way to the hearing. *sigh*

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...rtan-ntp-feeds

Most people are happy to listen to whoever tells them what they want to hear. Plenty of people suddenly decided Bolton was credible when he started talking shit about Trump as well. Granted not everyone did, most people remained properly skeptical, but accepting information you agree with is a basic human response we have to guard against.

Usually this level of quackery is a pretty obvious tell, but then look at who we had as an acting AG before Barr. This level of insane quackery has been normalized by this administration.
    the easiest things to convince somebody of are the things they want to be true and the things that they are deathly afraid may be true. I think that may be somewhat quotey but I forget the source. it's certainly very true

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is all untested. Who do the secret service serve? And I don't think the police are allowed to enter the WH without permission.
    Secret Service serve the office of the Presidency, by way of the Treasury Department. They protect the person, they do not serve him.

They would be duty bound to serve Trump through 1/20/2021, at which point they become duty bound to whoever was just inaugurated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

where is that 2020 predictions thread i swear i put '1st domestic drone strike in there'

I cant see how this doesnt end in an atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Secret Service serve the office of the Presidency, by way of the Treasury Department. They protect the person, they do not serve him.

They would be duty bound to serve Trump through 1/20/2021, at which point they become duty bound to whoever was just inaugurated.
    Or, they would remain in his detail. SS protects all living presidents, and protects children until they reach 16. After that they often still maintain a reduced level of security for adult children. They go wherever they're told to go and protect whomever they're told to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, they would remain in his detail. SS protects all living presidents, and protects children until they reach 16. After that they often still maintain a reduced level of security for adult children. They go wherever they're told to go and protect whomever they're told to protect.
    They protect people. They don't serve them.

Secret Service don't take orders from Trump, the man, they take orders from the President. The ones who are detailed with protecting Trump after he leaves office will report to higher ups in the secret service, who then report to the Sec Treasury, and then in to the President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What would they do if a past president or their children end up in jail?

A president is privy to a lot of information about the state. I'd guess they need to be supervised after they leave office in some way because they'd be a danger to the state.
    Well that issue has never come up before, but I imagine they would continue to protect them. It would be a lot easier to do if they were in a cell. They have no obligation to keep them happy or free, just safe. I am sure they would just put a secret service detachment in the Prison, and monitor and protect from there. I can't see a former president ever being allowed in General Population anyway. They are old guys that everyone has an opinion on, way too much risk there. It would be more like the Martha Stewart type prison, not some poor people prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What would they do if a past president or their children end up in jail?

A president is privy to a lot of information about the state. I'd guess they need to be supervised after they leave office in some way because they'd be a danger to the state.
    now seems like a good time to find out, they have a soon to be ex-president who belongs in jail. sadly house arrest is the worst that's likely to happen

7+ Year Old Account
    is their any point for AG Barr's testimony today?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The guy across yge street from me was prescribed it and he made a full recovery.
    Damn, that's some pretty convincing evidence, you've sold me. Please submit your anecdote to the New England Journal of Medicine. Millions of lives might be at stake.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    is their any point for AG Barr's testimony today?
    Well it was nice seeing Ted Lieu take him to the fucking cleaners for allowing the arrest of peaceful protesters in violation of the law and the ruling of SCOTUS, for one.

So yes. I'd say one of the points is pinning down Barr's weak-ass excuses for sending armed thugs in to US cities and throwing random people into vans/cells in violation of the 4th Amendment.

Well that issue has never come up before, but I imagine they would continue to protect them. It would be a lot easier to do if they were in a cell. They have no obligation to keep them happy or free, just safe. I am sure they would just put a secret service detachment in the Prison, and monitor and protect from there. I can't see a former president ever being allowed in General Population anyway. They are old guys that everyone has an opinion on, way too much risk there. It would be more like the Martha Stewart type prison, not some poor people prison.
    How we'd detain an ex-president is an interesting question we have a slim possibility of learning the answer to in the next few years. I'd bet on some kind of house arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well it was nice seeing Ted Lieu take him to the fucking cleaners for allowing the arrest of peaceful protesters in violation of the law and the ruling of SCOTUS, for one.

So yes. I'd say one of the points is pinning down Barr's weak-ass excuses for sending armed thugs in to US cities and throwing random people into vans/cells in violation of the 4th Amendment.
    I saw that, this is meant to be testimony. That guy just stood on a soap box and preached and didn't ask a question. It's corrupting the process and political point scoring. It adds nothing to the process and changes nobodies minds.

In short, today seems pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    our AG william barr, says he has no evidence of mail in voter fraud. but claims its just common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    our AG william barr, says he has no evidence of mail in voter fraud. but claims its just common sense.
    I have no evidence that Barr has sex with goats on a regular basis, but come on... Look at him, it's obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I have no evidence that Barr has sex with goats on a regular basis, but come on... Look at him, it's obvious.
    shit, you got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I saw that, this is meant to be testimony. That guy just stood on a soap box and preached and didn't ask a question. It's corrupting the process and political point scoring. It adds nothing to the process and changes nobodies minds.

In short, today seems pointless.
    False. Lieu asked if peaceful protesters being thrown into vans and taken for questioning without probable cause qualified as an "arrest", which is an important question since it violates the 4th Amendment. Barr initially denied it, but then later admitted it. It's an important point to be made and needs to be talked about since that is what's happening. Barr kept trying to go off on tangents but Lieu and the others would stop him, reclaim their time and press forward with the meat of it. This is what needs to happen every single time, both in these hearings and in the press conferences. Stop allowing them to just lie unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The guy across yge street from me was prescribed it and he made a full recovery.
    But actual studies show no correlation between prescribing hydroxychloroquine and successful treatment. Your neighbor got better because he got better through other means.

Wait so when Nancy wanted to fund things like the Kennedy center for a few million Repubs and fox lost their shit.

Now Moscow Mitch wants to give a few billion to the FBI for a new building.... silence.

The language is fucking re-donklous

For an additional amount for ''Federal Bureau of Investigation, Construction'', $1,750,000,000, to remain available until expended, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, domestically or internationally: Provided, That amounts made available under this heading in this Act shall be for the design and construction of a Washington, DC headquarters facility for the Federal Bureau of Investigation

oh and the military needs some covid money too for:

The defense spending: Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby, an Alabama Republican, made clear that bolstering the defense industrial base is always a priority, and that's the reason more than $8 billion was included for fighter jets, helicopters armored vehicles and more. It's important to note that among the priorities included for funding in this portion of the bill are several projects that saw their funding delayed or taken away entirely in order for President Donald Trump to transfer funds to finance the border wall.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Does Barr have sex with goats? Stay tuned for our expert opinions where we will hear from both sides.