Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I have no evidence that Barr has sex with goats on a regular basis, but come on... Look at him, it's obvious.
    That's pretty conclusive. If it's good enough for our AG, it's good enough for me.

William Bar has sex with goats on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Her receiving the degree is bullshit. I dont want to downgrade that degree for others, because she happens to be a lunatic.
    You can hide crazy when it could hurt your personal ambitions. I went to school with a bunch of now-crazy people, who, in hinsight, were probably always batshit crazy.

10+ Year Old Account

Another day in the Trump SHITSHOW

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Deaths were up from last Monday at 596 putting the US at 150,444 confirmed dead.
    Looks like worldometers has made a "historical correction" to the US totals, increasing it by 661.
    NOTE: Texas: "July 27: DSHS is now reporting COVID-19 fatality data based on death certificates. A fatality is counted as a COVID-19 fatality when the medical certifier attests on the death certificate that COVID-19 is a cause of death. Death certificate data has identified 5,713 fatalities among Texas residents, including 44 newly reported Monday. That compares with 5,038 deaths reported Sunday under the previous method." [source]
    It now shows us having passed the 150k mark back on Saturday instead of Monday. We should finish past 152k today.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Does Barr have sex with goats? Stay tuned for our expert opinions where we will hear from both sides.
    I have been hearing this question a lot... from people that are both, familiar with goats and bars. I’m just asking questions, others are asking...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    William Bar has sex with goats on a regular basis.
    There does suddenly seem like a lot of smoke coming for Barr on the goat subject. I wonder why he has yet to deny it or most off all, why are his cohorts are not saying such behavior with goats is wrong. Not a single republican has demanded that such actions stop... this is just what I hear...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-28 at 07:53 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Looks like worldometers has made a "historical correction" to the US totals, increasing it by 661.

It now shows us having passed the 150k mark back on Saturday instead of Monday. We should finish past 152k today.
    Yup, I was going to include that with my roundup later tonight. Glad to see Texas is at least still on-board with trying to report things accurately.

Yup, I was going to include that with my roundup later tonight. Glad to see Texas is at least still on-board with trying to report things accurately.
    Do we know how many people really died of covid on florida? Is there a way to find out?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Do we know how many people really died of covid on florida? Is there a way to find out?
    Look for odd numbers of pneumonia and influenza related deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mitch McConnell told reporters that there would be no money for the FBI in the coronavirus relief bill.

"Why was it even in there? Why did Schumer ask for FBI money?"

He didn't.

"Okay, why did Pelosi ask for FBI money?"

She didn't either.

"So if Democrats don't want it, and Republicans don't want it, who did?"

Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters that Mnuchin and Meadows, the lead White House negotiators, pressed GOP senators to include the FBI funding in the bill.

It was a request from the administration,” Shelby said Tuesday.

Democratic leaders suspect Trump wants to refurbish the existing FBI headquarters on Pennsylvania Avenue for personal financial gain.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters the president wants to rebuild the FBI headquarters “so that nobody could build a hotel across the street” from the Trump International Hotel.

Several Senate Republicans on Tuesday questioned the decision to include funding for a new FBI headquarters in a bill focused on providing coronavirus relief.

“A couple people mentioned it. I don’t know why it’s in there,” Graham said after attending the GOP conference lunch with Mnuchin and Meadows.

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said he only learned of the special funding for the FBI headquarters after reading about it in news reports.
    Now granted, Pelosi and Schumer clearly don't like what they see on the merits, either.

The Democrats particularly criticized a cut in expanded federal unemployment insurance (UI) from $600 a week to $200 a week, the lack of an extension for a moratorium on evictions and the liability protection provided to employers against COVID-19 lawsuits, among other things.
    But that's far more standard political theater. Trump is putting on the Gong Show. Fuck, I'm old.

And let's end with Florida Man. He was caught getting nearly $4 million in fraudulent loans and buying a Lamborghini. Yes, fraud and waste is in every federal program. No, there's no evidence it's widespread. No, this isn't a reason to end the program. It just popped up on several sites and I felt like sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's the same thing as Puerto Rico, then. Fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Now Moscow Mitch wants to give a few billion to the FBI for a new building.... silence.
    And he shrugs and says to go ask Trump about, as though this isn't the senate's responsibility.

But wait, there's more!

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...llion-pentagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    And that is what makes her degree bullshit. Why would I deserve degree in climate science if I think it's all Chinese hoax and nonsense? What merit would a degree granted to me have? None, it'd be bullshit, right?
    She could have gotten the degree to PULL THE CURTAIN BACK AND EXPOSE EVERYTHING!!11!11!11!1!one!11!!eleventyone!11!!1!

Similar vein, an atheist friend of mine is debating getting a degree in theology of a christian flavor for one reason. When someone begins ranting about religion (It's the US, 99% chance it's christian), he will be able to refute them, using their own book to show they are wrong, why they are wrong, and to shut the fuck up, maybe get them to actually read the book. I think it's a waste of money, but it's his dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... the same bill that had to cut unemployment benefits, had Trump include spending to make his hotel exclusive... in the pandemic response bill. Is there any doubt that the whole open up bullshit, was because Trump’s property are losing money?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    My neighbor had Covid, stayed home and breathed air, and made a full recovery.

Air cures Coronavirus confirmed.
    My neighbor didn’t have COVID, stayed home and drank water, and died.

Water kills confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The doctor Trump personally retweeted, Stella Immanuel, said “Hello, you don’t need a mask. There is a cure,” and “Nobody needs to get sick, this virus has a cure.”

Are you willing to follow this doctor that Trump personally retweeted, and stop wearing a mask? Hello, there is a cure! You won't get sick, the doctor said so!

You have 24 hours to publicly announce you will follow this doctor who says there is a cure, and to publicly announce you will stop wearing a mask. Oh, I'm sure you could lie and claim you'll do that, just to make a point about how much you trust Trump and his team of medical experts. The only person who would know for sure would be you.

Publicly announce, right now, that you will stop wearing a mask, right now, because a doctor Trump retweeted said there is a cure, right now.

24 hours. Time starts right now.
    Apparently that doctor’s clinic requires masks to be seen lol.

As I said the last time someone asked this, we may never know the answer to that. We might make some headway if DeSantis is booted out and whomever comes in next starts demanding answers, but even then I'm pretty sure it'll never be sorted out completely.

That said:

Take the average yearly amount and subtract it from the total for this year and you'll probably come close to how many COVID-19 deaths were covered up in Florida so far.

US government officials tell AP that Russia is using 3 English-language websites to spread coronavirus disinformation.

The President shared a video, which got like 12 million views on Facebook, of some insane woman who believes in demons, telling people not to wear a mask.

Me everytime is see a story about russian disinformation that doesnt talk about fox news, the presidents twitter or any rightwing grifters :

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    As I said the last time someone asked this, we may never know the answer to that. We might make some headway if DeSantis is booted out and whomever comes in next starts demanding answers, but even then I'm pretty sure it'll never be sorted out completely.

That said:

Take the average yearly amount and subtract it from the total for this year and you'll probably come close to how many COVID-19 deaths were covered up in Florida so far.
    That might be the only way to go - De Santis and the rest of the insane GOP dipshits are hiding data, and making any death not directly caused by COVID-19 to be listed as not related to COVID-19.

I'm sure, if better angels prevail in November, we'll be able to go back in, through a back-to-normalized CDC, and extrapolate approximates. A reasonably accurate accounting will be possible, but never exact.

That said:

We may know after the fact via the lagging indicator of excess mortality rates.
    Obviously, due to the nature of how those are counted, I’m sure it’ll be some time before we’d know for sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    The President shared a video, which got like 12 million views on Facebook, of some insane woman who believes in demons
    No no no, she doesn't just believe in demons. She believes that having sex with demons in your dreams causes ovarian cysts and impotence.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    We may know after the fact via the lagging indicator of excess mortality rates.
    Obviously, due to the nature of how those are counted, I’m sure it’ll be some time before we’d know for sure...
    Sounds like DeSatan's actions could count as negligible homicide, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

So at the White House press conference just now, Trump whined about how Dr. Fauci has a high approval rating while he doesn't: https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/s...29269143986178

But wait, I thought all the polls were fake news? Which one is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Also from the press conference, "You can look at large portions of our country, it's corona-free."

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/s...26895381880835
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Also from the press conference, "You can look at large portions of our country, it's corona-free."

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/s...26895381880835
    I mean, as long as less than half of the population isn't infected, then most of the country is fine!