Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Love how he is trying to ask him about the health risks in Tulsa rally, and Trump is going on about crowd size and fox ratings
    Did this with John Lewis. He said he didn't go because Lewis did not attend his inauguration and State of the Union. Alright I guess.

He the says while speaking on Lewis and his run on sentences m, that he has done more for Black Americans (his words) than anyone. So yeah it seems that he has done more than John Lewis.

Here is his quote.

Swan: Do you find John Lewis impressive?

Trump: I can't say one way or the other... but, no, he didn't come to my inauguration. He didn't come to my SOTU speeches, and that's ok... And again, nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have.
    https://t.co/TEESiVQQk0
    https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/s...150069259?s=19
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-08-04 at 01:08 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/129...489348096?s=19

Wow! Watch this video in the link. Maybe someone can post it later on.

This guy is a moron. The interviewer was describing to Trump about deaths per population and how the US is ranked low. This idiot tried to say it was deaths per cases!

But please watch the video. He stammers and has no idea on the topic. He really speaks like a naive child.

Full interview.
    Oh fuck. Let's go through this nonsense.

China rantings.
    Whataboutism.
    Lying about the Tulsa rally having 12,000 people instead of 6,000. He goes on about this for like two minutes.
    "It is what it is" when talking about 1,000 people dying a day.
    "Everything is under control." Fuck!
    About 2 minutes of "It's the governors job" and "we gave them everything."
    "When can people expect same day testing" which is then followed by Trump saying "you can test too much." Fuck he's an idiot.
    Way too many minutes of testing bullshit.
    "We are lower than the world." .........*ahem*........ah...duh....Fuckin'.......The fuck!?
    Cases to deaths. Holy shit you could make an entire Last Week Tonight about this alone. He of course says other countries numbers can't be trusted.

He doesn't care about soldiers being hunted.
    Says "nuclear proliferation" is worse than global warming. Whatever the fuck that means.
    He goes on for about 45 seconds about how he can read.
    Random troop numbers.
    Something something "I beat ISIS."

Way too much time spent on "Mail in voting is rigged." At this point how that guy doesn't audibly groan and tell him to shut up I have no idea.

Trump trying to drum up sympathy for a sex trafficker and most likely a child diddler.

A seeming eternity of him just fucking around when it comes to Portland, racism, and other shit.

Bitches about someone not coming to his inauguration.

I think "Trump fixes jacket" count is somewhere around 4,732. Fuck, he can't sit still he has the easiest tell of all when he's lying.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2020-08-04 at 01:06 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

rotfl, i thought that south park's garrison was comically exagerated but trump really has that duck face
    anyway there is a text version of the interview?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh fuck. Let's go through this nonsense.

China rantings.
    CHYNIA. Say it right.

Whataboutism.
    Lying about the Tulsa rally having 12,000 people instead of 6,000. He goes on about this for like two minutes.
    We need to hold him accountable for this. If he wants to change reality, he needs to get out his sharpie and start drawing like a responsible person. I am going to need to see 6,000 stick figures on a picture before he can claim this!
    "It is what it is" when talking about 1,000 people dying a day.
    "Everything is under control." Fuck!
    People dying has never been a problem for Trump. We got a preview of this for Hurricane Maria, where we went through the exact same process of denying that people were dying, claiming everything was great, and dismissing the people that died because it doesn't matter. Puerto Rico needs statehood (Or independence, their call), because Maria made it painfully clear that not only does Trump not give a fuck about them, the rest of the country doesn't either. Because we pretty much let him get away with it, and now we are screaming because he is doing the exact same thing to the rest of us.
    About 2 minutes of "It's the governors job" and "we gave them everything."
    As horribly wrong as this is, it is sort of a silver lining. Trump's pathalogical need to avoid blame is preventing him from achieving his authoritarian ambitions. Covid was the PERFECT time to expand federal power and consolidate his position, but he was too focused on avoiding blame to take it. Which is a huge relief. A Federal response would have been very helpful under any other administration, but I am very grateful that this administration is leaving it to the states.

"When can people expect same day testing" which is then followed by Trump saying "you can test too much." Fuck he's an idiot.
    Way too many minutes of testing bullshit.
    "We are lower than the world." .........*ahem*........ah...duh....Fuckin'.......The fuck!?
    Cases to deaths. Holy shit you could make an entire Last Week Tonight about this alone. He of course says other countries numbers can't be trusted.
    Well he has been consistent in not understanding how anything works.
    He doesn't care about soldiers being hunted.
    Fact Check: True! But neither does anyone else who isn't related to said Soldiers. The US turned its "Care" for Soldiers into bumper stickers a decade ago, nobody gives a fuck any more, so this is a meaningless political talking point now.

Says "nuclear proliferation" is worse than global warming. Whatever the fuck that means.
    Sort of true. Nuclear Proliferation is an extremely serious issue that has a huge damage potential. It is important, and every President since Eisenhower has prioritized it. However there is absolutely no reason to compare it to global warming. Dealing with multiple major problems at the same time is something that is intrinsic to every executive position, not just the Presidency. It is rather irrelevant which one is more serious, both are serious, and we can address both.

He goes on for about 45 seconds about how he can read.
    Given how huge and simplistic those graphics he is waving around are, I kind of doubt he can see well enough to read.

Something something "I beat ISIS."
    I really wish someone would tell ISIS that.

Full interview.
    Can... Can someone summerize what I have just witnessed with words that makes sense? Because the only thing I got out of it is that Trump must literally live in his own reality.

10+ Year Old Account

Full interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Can... Can someone summerize what I have just witnessed with words that makes sense? Because the only thing I got out of it is that Trump must literally live in his own reality.
    All you need to know about this is:

'I don't take responsibility at all'

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Given how huge and simplistic those graphics he is waving around are, I kind of doubt he can see well enough to read.
    But the books! The manuals!

I sure picked an amazing week to come back from vacation from a place with little to no cell service..

It was great pretending this asshole wasn't our President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I sure picked an amazing week to come back from vacation from a place with little to no cell service..

If i were you, I'd go right back.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

It has been terrible for a long time now, we are just biased towards the most recent events.

Hey, remember when Trump shut down the government for 35 days for absolutely no damn reason? And accomplished absolutely nothing? It feels like too many people forgot that.

Remember when Trump through Toilet Paper rolls at Puerto Ricans and feuded with the Mayor of San Juan, while over 3,000 Americans died? Feel like people forgot about that too.

Remember when Trump started a fight with a grieving military widow over a condolence call? Then called her a liar and a bunch of nasty names? People don't seem to remember that either.

One of the worst parts of the American political system is that elections tend to be based on what the person did in the last couple months. The first 3 years of a Presidency are basically irrelevant to a reelection campaign, because people forget everything. If Trump loses, it will be because of things he does over the next 3 months, not anything he has done so far. If Trump magically starts being responsible and acts kind of decent, he will get reelected, because people won't remember him being horrible right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    DO NOT WATCH TRUMP'S AXIOS INTERVIEW!
    While I will take advice when it's offered in good faith, and maybe it's the lack of sleep because hurricane, but

This idiot tried to say it was deaths per cases!
    I am actually going to try to defend this. Anything less would be hypocrisy.

If two countries each had 1,000 cases, and Country A had 1 death and Country B had 10, Country B would be much worse.

If Country A had 1,000 cases and 1 death, and Country B had 100 cases and 1 death, Country B should still be much worse.

JH even tracks this stat, calling it mortality ratio. It's a valid stat to have, and the US is doing better than many but not quite as good as health-care powerhouses like Chile, Malawi and Honduras.

HOWEVER.

Trump is still cherry picking in an attempt to defend his actions, which is fat fucking stupid because in the same interview he said it was the governors' job. The US is doing poorly in all metrics except mortality ratio and even in that stat it's not that impressive, just not as morbidly obese as the other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    As bad as the interview is. Remember, it will not damage his image in the eye's of his supporters.

Once they get their marching orders and copypastas from Fox this morning. They'll be hubcapping and connaling the forums with the usual logic pretzels of denialism. Then claiming that the interviewer and the liberals are the real monsters.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I am honestly shocked the orange idiot hasn't start saying testing causes the virus, he is so close it's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It has been terrible for a long time now, we are just biased towards the most recent events.

Hey, remember when Trump shut down the government for 35 days for absolutely no damn reason? And accomplished absolutely nothing? It feels like too many people forgot that.

Remember when Trump through Toilet Paper rolls at Puerto Ricans and feuded with the Mayor of San Juan, while over 3,000 Americans died? Feel like people forgot about that too.

Remember when Trump started a fight with a grieving military widow over a condolence call? Then called her a liar and a bunch of nasty names? People don't seem to remember that either.

One of the worst parts of the American political system is that elections tend to be based on what the person did in the last couple months. The first 3 years of a Presidency are basically irrelevant to a reelection campaign, because people forget everything. If Trump loses, it will be because of things he does over the next 3 months, not anything he has done so far. If Trump magically starts being responsible and acts kind of decent, he will get reelected, because people won't remember him being horrible right now.
    Oh definitely... It was more, I don't have access to the news so I can pretend like its just a quiet week where we don't have the most vile person ever to become president as president.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    While I will take advice when it's offered in good faith, and maybe it's the lack of sleep because hurricane, but

If two countries each had 1,000 cases, and Country A had 1 death and Country B had 10, Country B would be much worse.

If Country A had 1,000 cases and 1 death, and Country B had 100 cases and 1 death, Country B should still be much worse.

JH even tracks this stat, calling it mortality ratio. It's a valid stat to have, and the US is doing better than many but not quite as good as health-care powerhouses like Chile, Malawi and Honduras.

HOWEVER.

Trump is still cherry picking in an attempt to defend his actions, which is fat fucking stupid because in the same interview he said it was the governors' job. The US is doing poorly in all metrics except mortality ratio and even in that stat it's not that impressive, just not as morbidly obese as the other stats.
    He is picking cases tho. Which means the more cases the more it dilutes the death total. Since we have a Shit Ton of cases it dilutes the death total. Now have all deaths been reported as Covid-19 related? Also yes to give us some credit as much as our health care is getting crushed we might be doing a better job. Yet, to be fair again we are comparing apples to apples with other countries with "industrialized" healthcare. Wait, are we?

Oh and on top of that. This idiot has been saying this for months were his logic is "Stop testing and you will have less cases". I mean I still can't believe he says this every time. Trump believes this is a solid argument.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I...don't think I've ever heard any President mispronounce "Yosemite". I mean, technically I still haven't, but still. Fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is just gross. And bullshit.

I dare not even look at the Axios interview. One can only consume so much bullshit in one day, and that interview would exceed my daily quota.

I did see this short, damning clip, though.
    “They are dying. That’s true. And it is what it is.”

Tell me again how much Trump cares about the people
    That would make a great Biden campaign ad mashed up after his quote where he talks about how the 15 cases are going down to 0 in a couple days and patting himself on the back about what a great job he's done.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    How are his advisors handling an interview like that?
    This could be confirmation bias, but my impression is...they know the damage is done. "Trump gave an interview and looked like an intentionally ill-informed, incompetent idiot" has happened so many times, they don't care about one more.

Basically, the idea is "Trump's idiocy is refreshing its duration, but it doesn't stack".

And their only other alternative is to say "Mr. Trump, you can't give interviews because XXX". Trump wants to be on camera. Trump wants a crowd. Trump doesn't like being told what to do. So they feel they have two choices: allow Trump to give continuing evidence of how unprepared he is/was/will be for the most important job on the planet...or, get fired.

How are his advisors handling an interview like that? Are they telling 'now that went well mr president, best, best, bestiest interview eva'? Or are they drawing straws and then run and hide from the poor soul with the short straw, who has to tell him?
    To me the question is, why do they set up interviews in the first place?

He can’t even benefit from Fox News interviews with soft ball questions like “what are your priorities for your second term”?

So what do his handlers expect?

Trump hates the press, I doubt it’s him who wants to do these interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

That's fair to a point, but also ignores context. If Country A has 315k cases and 17.6k deaths (5.5% mortality), and Country B has 4.7 million cases and 156k deaths (3.3% mortality), initially Country B looks a lot better. But then if you factor in that country A has 81.8 million population (2151 deaths per 100k population) and country B has 328 million population (4753 deaths per 100k), all of a sudden living in Iran is starting to look pretty attractive.

Also when checking for these numbers I noticed that somehow the UK has reported 300k cases and 50k deaths... what the fuck? Are they massively underreporting cases or something ?

How are his advisors handling an interview like that? Are they telling 'now that went well mr president, best, best, bestiest interview eva'? Or are they drawing straws and then run and hide from the poor soul with the short straw, who has to tell him?
    I think it doesn't really matter in the end. His supporters will see this interview as a win for him and everyone else is already firmly in the camp that he's a moron.