Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Our sources tell us that Joe Biden is constructing a new battlestation in orbit above the forest moon of Austria. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
    Deep State: "Do it."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Now show us a picture of the Rivendell of Austria where all the people live in one giant tree. If you could also give us a picture of the elven city that would be great.
    How could he? Rivendell matters not, because they’re taking the Hobbits to Isengard! And we know Saruman burnt the trees! Saruman is code for Joe Biden. Biden burnt California. You heard it here first! Deep state!

Trump angry with democrats not implementing a national mask mandate:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1306041359308996610

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you're lucky, it'll only be a few months. But people are stupid and you could very well end up with him for another 4.
    I mean, it's like Trump said, 'herd mentality'.

People give Don Lemon shit for whatever reason, but he's knocked this out of the park. Any Trump supporter who actually disagrees with this is an utter moron. 'I agree with him on things, mostly'. Like 200k dead because of incompetence? You're okay with that mostly?
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-09-16 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

As awful as this is, it’s also hilarious. Trump is trying to revise the history of the past four years and claim that Joe Biden, or Kamala Harris, or AOC, or anybody somebody please!!1! was president and not him. He literally is trying to run against his own record by shifting that record to someone else. What a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

People give Don Lemon shit for whatever reason, but he's knocked this out of the park. Any Trump supporter is an utter moron. 'I agree with him on things, mostly'. Like 200k dead because of incompetence? You're okay with that mostly?
    There fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    As awful as this is, it’s also hilarious. Trump is trying to revise the history of the past four years and claim that Joe Biden, or Kamala Harris, or AOC, or anybody somebody please!!1! was president and not him. He literally is trying to run against his own record by shifting that record to someone else. What a clown.
    It's all about his insecurity and not growing as a person past middle school. He cannot accept responsibility, ever, even in the face of facts and his own words or actions. Who else does that? Children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's all about his insecurity and not growing as a person past middle school. He cannot accept responsibility, ever, even in the face of facts and his own words or actions. Who else does that? Children.
    Biden is senile, but Trump doesn’t even know who the president is. Trump supporters keep bitching that Harris said its her presidency, but don’t blink an eye when Trump claims it’s Biden’s job?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads-up, let's make a little game here.

1) First, read the line "This ABC town hall is a disaster for Trump because he's unable to discuss policy, his record is objectively bad, and he's not on Fox & Friends. I'm surprised he'd agree to do this."

2) Then, follow UD's link and read the thread.

3) Was it better, or worse, or about the same, as you expected?

HINT: When asked about systemic racism, he talks about his poll numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

While Trump discusses how herd mentality will break the virus --

"Um, I think you meant to say 'herd immunity' there."

You'd think that, wouldn't you?

With time it goes away. You'll develop, you'll develop herd — like a herd mentality. It's going to be, it’s going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly.
    Wanna see the video? Follow UD's link.

Anyhow, while Trump discusses herd mentality, let's talk about the payroll tax deferral.

It's...there. It exists. But unless you were auto-enrolled by Trump because you work in the military or federal govt*, don't expect to see a lot of takers.

The decision by many business leaders to pass on the program marks a setback for Trump’s attempt to increase workers’ paychecks during the pandemic just weeks before the presidential election.

“UPS has opted out of participating in the voluntary Executive Order that allows deferral of collection of employee payroll taxes for the remainder of 2020,” Glenn Zaccara, a spokesperson for the company, said. “We believe our decision was in the best interest of our employees.”

“We recognize that for some, it may have been helpful to have more money in their paychecks in 2020,” Zaccara added. “Yet, not all employees have professional tax planning needed to prepare effectively for the added obligation they would face in 2021.”

“Wells Fargo has decided to continue to withhold and remit the Social Security portion of the employees and employers’ payroll taxes to avoid creating a future financial burden for employees,” said Peter Gilchrist, a spokesperson for the company.

Mike DeAngelis, a spokesperson for CVS Health, said the company “determined that participating in this optional deferral program is not in our employees’ best interest.”

Businesses also are reluctant to participate in the deferral because they continue to have questions about implementation.

A FedEx spokesperson said there are still some unanswered questions following the release of the IRS guidance and that the company “plans to continue withholding and remitting employees’ share of Social Security taxes at least until more complete guidance is released by the Internal Revenue Service and Treasury Department.”

It’s not just employers in the private sector who are rejecting Trump’s offer. Some public-sector employers, including states led by Republicans and Democrats, have decided against implementing the deferral.

The National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers surveyed states and found that most are not participating, while others said they weren’t sure. No states affirmatively said they were planning to defer employees’ taxes.
    This is my favorite part of the article, however. It's time to play Guess the Speaker!

We just decided ... to not pursue this as a state. It’s a delay, and you end up having to pick up in January and pay double.
    "Clearly the governor of some commie librul state, probably loaded with sanctuary cities and weed."

That was Indiana. Yes, that Indiana.

The House isn't doing it, and the Senate doesn't seem to be doing it either. In fact, so many leaders at the front aren't doing it, that it seems like nobody following them is doing it, either. Hmm. There should be a name for that kind of thinking.

Trump intentionally and personally blocked COVID-19 relief negotiations, then tried this to be the hero. It had clumsy, poorly-implemented authority and implementation, hits businesses that lose employees that deferred (the tax money has to come from somewhere), and Trump's promise to make it permanent is out of his tiny hands -- he legally can't do that. And, as I'll keep bringing up because it keeps being true, it has zero effect on people fired because of the coronavirus outbreak, because PPP funds ran out, because Trump refused to negotiate.

* WH employees are unable to opt out. They are being forced to do this.

10+ Year Old Account

What a jack ass.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

[video=youtube;LFcNmFw9naI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcNmFw9naI[/vieo]

People give Don Lemon shit for whatever reason, but he's knocked this out of the park. Any Trump supporter who actually disagrees with this is an utter moron. 'I agree with him on things, mostly'. Like 200k dead because of incompetence? You're okay with that mostly?
    "....So that was called action, not with the mouth, but an actual fact..."

What the hell does "action, not with the mouth" even fucking mean?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden is senile
    No evidence to support that other than feels bro. But Trumps issues lie in his insecurities, narcissism, and megalomania, on top of being enabled his whole life to act this way without consequence. If you think for a min that this whole Biden secret government shit is Trump losing cognitive functions you are dead wrong. It all part of the narrative Trump's team has been pushing since day one, not so much with Biden, it started with Hillary and Obama still running things from the shadows. That is a well played strategy that plays to his base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Means actually doing something, rather than just saying you're going to do something.
    It’s “actions speak louder than words”, when your brain is fried.

If this was any other president, this would be Bush saying “fool me once, shame on you... full me... well... not going to full me again.”
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, yeah. Just gotta de-Trump it lol
    I’ve been around a lot of fried pot heads, it’s a similar dialect.

10+ Year Old Account
    When talking about Trump's intentional downplaying of the virus (just one person from China etc etc) I suppose we--

It is a monumental, catastrophic leadership failure
    -- Woodward himself

Nevermind, we're good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When talking about Trump's intentional downplaying of the virus (just one person from China etc etc) I suppose we--

-- Woodward himself

Nevermind, we're good.
    I just want to highlight that the Woodward issue, is very similar to Comey, in the sense of how you get in with Trump. Woodward was extremely critical about Hillary, which likely is why Trump believed he could trust him. The same way he was comfortable with Comey, in asking to remove the Russian cloud from his administration. You can get in with Trump, by simply shitting on his opponents. This should also explain why Trump seems to trust US adversaries, more that our own intelligence. After all, they have been on Obama and Hillary side for decades, while our adversaries hated them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump isn't doing anything with the vaccines but rushing a vaccine that for all intents and purposes, will not have the proper trials in place to have it out by the end of the year. Most vaccines take YEARS of development and trials before they are approved.
    The FDA is short-tracking a number of vaccines right now.

What they're doing is running many of the steps in the approval process for the vaccines concurrently, rather than one after another. The earliest estimate I remember reading was spring of 2021.

Trump claiming there'll be one before November is just bullshit to win votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's whole speech is incoherent, and they say Biden has dementia. First he accuses the DNC and Biden of not doing what they don't have the power to do, which is mandate masks. Then he goes on a rant about how "many people are saying" that they don't like masks, that masks aren't effective (they are). Like . . . if you don't agree with a mask mandate, why are you blasting Joe Biden for not implementing a mask mandate? Which, might I repeat, Joe Biden doesn't have the authority to do?

And how come no one calls him out? His first impulse to the question wasn't to answer it, but to immediately deflect to Biden.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The FDA is short-tracking a number of vaccines right now.

What they're doing is running many of the steps in the approval process for the vaccines concurrently, rather than one after another. The earliest estimate I remember reading was spring of 2021.

Trump claiming there'll be one before November is just bullshit to win votes.
    I fully expect Trump to proclaim there is a vaccine in early November. Might even try to force through the Russian one into the US by ordering the FDA to declare it approved.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I fully expect Trump to proclaim there is a vaccine in early November. Might even try to force through the Russian one into the US by ordering the FDA to declare it approved.
    I'm actually terrified of that.

Because of course the rubes will fall for it, then the vaccine gets released, then people get sick and die from a vaccine that wasn't well tested.
    Putin khuliyo

And how come no one calls him out?
    Its simple:

I'm actually terrified of that.

Because of course the rubes will fall for it, then the vaccine gets released, then people get sick and die from a vaccine that wasn't well tested.
    Even if one was rushed through without proper testing, it would be in such short supply that distribution would be limited to the elderly and healthcare workers (and republican politicians of course). Personally I'm going to wait a bit until other countries sign off on it.