Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I don't think the idea of civil war, or rather something akin to it is too out there, I think it is more likely than not that nothing of the sort will happen, however.... I wouldn't go as far as civil war, I am not even sure what that would look like in the modern USA, certainly not what it looked like before. However I will be shocked if there isn't massive civil unrest, including not just riots but running battles, on an unprecedented scale in the USA. I don't think it really matters who wins. If Harris wins (I honestly think it is really a vote for her, I can't see Biden serving out a full term) there is just no way that the Trumpsters are going to accept that, and I don't think it is insane or scare mongering to suggest this, or to fear that things really could get very ugly. Trump wins (I think he will win), an awful lot of people are angry and perplexed and I think it will be too much for too many people. I think some of the protests and riots you see in parts of the country will escalate and spread. It is a fucking dark time.
    I think even if Trump wins his supporters will still be violent, they have been throughout his first term, and remember the MAGAbomber did start mailing bombs to Trump critics and opponents at a time when the Republicans controlled all three branches of government. So I can definitely see things getting bad no matter what happens in November, but I doubt it will be civil war.

My problem with the people predicting civil war is that it almost always is used to throw caution onto voting for Biden. Or being "too liberal".

Basically its another ploy to temper voter enthusiasm so Trump wins. Its likely Russian based.

If his supporters rise up, then so be it. The only way to fix this country is to stop giving them a seat at the adult table by worrying about what these fools want. They aren't large enough in numbers to matter and they are only going to shrink if power forward with progress.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I hope they bury Trump and McConnell next to each other so I can save myself a trip.
    and I hope they don't bother waiting until they die to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    My problem with the people predicting civil war is that it almost always is used to throw caution onto voting for Biden. Or being "too liberal".
    My problem with people predicting civil war is that there is no basis and the people who are supposed to lead the civil war, are billionaire elite manipulating them for personal gain. The only civil war that’s coming, involves an Xbox X and a PS5... to put it in historic context... there has never been a civil war, while people fought over caviar or fabrige eggs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    My problem with people predicting civil war is that there is no basis and the people who are supposed to lead the civil war, are billionaire elite manipulating them for personal gain. The only civil war that’s coming, involves an Xbox X and a PS5... to put it in historic context... there has never been a civil war, while people fought over caviar or fabrige eggs.
    The modern American is way too fat, comfortable, on drugs or depressed to want to get into a civil war, you can barely motivate them to vote or exercise let alone pick up a weapon and play Rambo. Most people will just want any upheaval to be squashed so they can go back to their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    ps5 already lost th3 holiday 2020-mid 2021 part of that, they apprently wont be able to make enough (plus the expected, and now confirmed lack of ps1-3 backwards compat)

Edit:changed to "now" from "not"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The modern American is way too fat, comfortable, on drugs or depressed to want to get into a civil war, you can barely motivate them to vote or exercise let alone pick up a weapon and play Rambo. Most people will just want any upheaval to be squashed so they can go back to their lives.
    wasnt there a report about 10 years ago about how the high rate of obesity was a threat to recruiting
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-09-19 at 01:48 PM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

You know.... you should consider the other civil war.

That civil war was kicked off and supported by the wealthiest new aristocracy, who made their money from slavery. But the people who fought? Most of them were indeed poor white workers who frankly were already taken advantage of. Like the indentured workers who could never pay off their debts or kept losing their lands to slavers. The "yeoman" had nothing to gain from the civil war other than the pleasure of being a white person above a slave. That was it.

Consider also how things got set up this way. The rebellion of 1676 had both blacks and whites working together. Whties who came over here as indentured servants and never got their 50 acres.At this point in history black and white relations were not entirely impossible as they were in a closer (though still not similar) place.

Blacks at this time were not chattle and their children were free not unlike the indentured white workers flowing over from Europe.

The thing is... the wealthiest changed things. Making blacks chattel, forever making blacks a class unquestionably below whites, even the poorest lowly white. The poorest lowly white used to be in a similar position.

A poorly lowly white would come over here as an indentured worker, work to get their 50 acres, and then summarily be left hung out to dry. With their children being not indentured but now being forced into indentured work so they could keep surviving.

A black slave at that time would have been kidnapped and brought over, and any child they had would have been free. However their children would have been forced into indentured servitude as they would have really had no other recourse.

The 1676 rebellion and change from higher classes segmented the two groups further. Allowing the system of slavery to survive as now whites were further apart from the slaves. So then you got whites who were indentured workers, still not given what they were promised, still in a class far lower than their overlords. Fighting with their oppressors against the slaves because well at least i'm not a slave. Black people are slaves because that's what nature intended

All this to say, in present day America, a civil war would be fought as it typically has been. With the wealthy using their idiot masses to quell others. Who would lead a civil war? Well... we have a lot of racist militas some who have orchestrated attacks thrwated by the FBI. We also have a shit ton of military personnel who are also in hate groups. We also have a shit ton of not just individual officers but entire departments that are part of hate groups or have connections to militias.

These groups also are "authority types" and it seems to me that often enough the masses of white people in this country are fine with following/believing/giving the benefit of the doubt to those types of people. As they have been... in the past.

Most every group don't have an overhwleming majority of their race voting Republicans. Only white voters do and continue to, even in this space, even now... the majority of white people will vote for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You can’t have a civil war, at a time when 2 600$ toys, got sold out in minutes and anticipate scalper prices in 4 figures. Shit guys... you know what’s worse for the economy, than acting on a virus killing 200000? A civil war that destabilizes the whole country... Trump and his admin goal is to make money, were the civil war implications is really cool to embolden your support, but that’s as far as he has intentions of going. Trump’s ideological views are bound to his wallet... and a civil war is only good, to those who sell the munition.

The ones involving Russia and China are simply the most outrageous. If US falls to a civil war, there is no more US... there is no more dominant economy chocking Russia and inhibiting China. The civil war would have have Russia and China point at US as a sign of democracy failing, while replacing us in every trade and global initiative. A civil war in US is the best thing that can happen for... well... everyone who can’t compete with our economic and military dominance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You know.... you should consider the other civil war.
    I’m being generic, so including them all.

That civil war was kicked off and supported by the wealthiest new aristocracy, who made their money from slavery. But the people who fought? Most of them were indeed poor white workers who frankly were already taken advantage of. Like the indentured workers who could never pay off their debts or kept losing their lands to slavers. The "yeoman" had nothing to gain from the civil war other than the pleasure of being a white person above a slave. That was it.
    I’m not talking about gaining, I’m talking about keeping. Were the yeoman spending obscene amount of money on toys?

Consider also how things got set up this way. The rebellion of 1676 had both blacks and whites working together. Whties who came over here as indentured servants and never got their 50 acres.At this point in history black and white relations were not entirely impossible as they were in a closer (though still not similar) place.
    I’m sure people spending shit tons on unnecessary shit, includes all races. Do you think the new Zalda sequel will ship on time, during a civil war, or will I have to import?

The thing is... the wealthiest changed things. Making blacks chattel, forever making blacks a class unquestionably below whites, even the poorest lowly white. The poorest lowly white used to be in a similar position.
    I’ll quote John Lennon’s Working Class Hero for this one...

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
    And you think you're so clever and classless and free
    But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A poorly lowly white would come over here as an indentured worker, work to get their 50 acres, and then summarily be left hung out to dry. With their children being not indentured but now being forced into indentured work so they could keep surviving.
    It’s a cause, when you have relatively nothing.

Edit: Just figured out the conflict... by talking about gaining, you are pointing at progressive nature, while by pointing at keeping, I’m pointing at conservative nature. US is not at a point where people will fight to gain, instead of defend to keep. The 3% bullshit, is... well... bullshit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    ps5 already lost th3 holiday 2020-mid 2021 part of that, they apprently wont be able to make enough (plus the expected, and not confirmed lack of ps1-3 backwards compat)
    You think I don’t know this! You think I’m one of the assholes that checked a day before the Sony announcement and acting as the happy Felya with his preorder ready to go? No! lol!!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-19 at 01:30 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Someone’s been on a Mel Brooks kick.
    "Donald, you have surrounded your given name with a foul stench! From this day forth, all the toilets in the kingdom shall be known as... trumps!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    and I hope they don't bother waiting until they die to do it
    Could make it a three for one if Barr kicks the bucket at the same time.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is anyone shocked? I'm shocked. Super shocked. 100% Pikachu level of shock.

/s
    This has 3 takes. Either he thinks he can contest the elections and eke out a 2nd term via ratfuckery, he's being pressed by the GOP to ram it through because they're convinced they're fucked in 2020, or he's too stupid to think ahead.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This has 3 takes. Either he thinks he can contest the elections and eke out a 2nd term via ratfuckery, he's being pressed by the GOP to ram it through because they're convinced they're fucked in 2020, or he's too stupid to think ahead.
    Somehow I think he will manage all three at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wasnt there a report about 10 years ago about how the high rate of obesity was a threat to recruiting
    Yes it's also one of the reasons for the down ward trend of our lifespan in the US and that was before a pandemic running wild and people celebrating gaining 15lbs on average because of quarantine.

- - - Updated - - -

You can’t have a civil war, at a time when 2 600$ toys, got sold out in minutes and anticipate scalper prices in 4 figures. Shit guys... you know what’s worse for the economy, than acting on a virus killing 200000? A civil war that destabilizes the whole country... Trump and his admin goal is to make money, were the civil war implications is really cool to embolden your support, but that’s as far as he has intentions of going. Trump’s ideological views are bound to his wallet... and a civil war is only good, to those who sell the munition.

The ones involving Russia and China are simply the most outrageous. If US falls to a civil war, there is no more US... there is no more dominant economy chocking Russia and inhibiting China. The civil war would have have Russia and China point at US as a sign of democracy failing, while replacing us in every trade and global initiative. A civil war in US is the best thing that can happen for... well... everyone who can’t compete with our economic and military dominance.
    Trump can only think one second at a time barely if he was the type of plan ahead he wouldn't have declared bankruptcy so many times and faking being a billionaire. The man can blindly walk us into anything but the American public is far too comfortable for a civil war. At the moment Trump's only concern is winning the elections by any means necessary the side effects he doesn't care about so more than ever a lot is ridding on this election.

Eating lunch with some co-workers the other day. One of my co-workers made a comment about how the NFL players are supporting a rapist and it's a shame. Without missing a beat, I quipped, the NFL players don't support Trump. She stared daggers through me. One of my other co-workers who is liberal-leaning almost spit his soup over the table. To hell with ya, ya bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m being generic, so including them all.

I’m not talking about gaining, I’m talking about keeping. Were the yeoman spending obscene amount of money on toys?

I’m sure people spending shit tons on unnecessary shit, includes all races. Do you think the new Zalda sequel will ship on time, during a civil war, or will I have to import?

I’ll quote John Lennon’s Working Class Hero for this one...

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
    And you think you're so clever and classless and free
    But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

It’s a cause, when you have relatively nothing.

Edit: Just figured out the conflict... by talking about gaining, you are pointing at progressive nature, while by pointing at keeping, I’m pointing at conservative nature. US is not at a point where people will fight to gain, instead of defend to keep. The 3% bullshit, is... well... bullshit...

- - - Updated - - -

You think I don’t know this! You think I’m one of the assholes that checked a day before the Sony announcement and acting as the happy Felya with his preorder ready to go? No! lol!!!!
    The idea of a modern civil war isn't about gaining though. It is about maintaining the current system. While the white rebels joined with slaves to get their comeuppance it was about attaing what was fair for them. But we've moved on from that.

The next slew of issues came from not wanting to gain, but wealthy whites wanting to maintain their status by misleading and duping the poor whites against the blacks and native Americans. Which is exactly the situation we're in today.

I'm going to be taking a step away from the Politics forum for a while because the news yesterday ended up being the final straw for me. It's not good for my mental health and that is directly affecting my physical health making my physical therapy more difficult than it should be.

We cannot rely on any of the GOP who said they would not vote in a new Justice--Lady G just said he'll be backing Trump's play and he's the head of the SJC. We can't rely on the likes of Roberts to help keep things "fair" in the SCOTUS once the new heavily biased Justice is sworn in. All we can do is help ensure that Biden wins in November and the Democrats flip the Senate (a long shot, but possible) in order to minimize the damage. I keep seeing people say that "it doesn't matter" if Trump or Biden wins now and that's complete nonsense. If Trump wins he'll be able to push ANYTHING through and the new SCOTUS will strike down any attempt to mitigate it. If Biden wins the worst that will happen is his policies are consistently challenged--which is bad, but it won't make things WORSE.

Fight your way through the MAGA mobs on your way to the polls if you must. Vote early where you can, hand-deliver absentee ballots when you can. This is surely the single most important election in our time and we can't let them fuck us over or bully us out of our vote. It won't be "civil war" if they steal the election this year as Kookoo keeps trying to say, but rest assured the people who have been screwed by this admin have been tolerant for longer than anyone could reasonably ask and if Trump is given another four years it WILL start pushing people over the edge. We see that today with some asshole sending ricin to the White House. It's INSTANTLY ammunition for the right to demonize the entire left (nevermind that they didn't have one negative word to say about the MAGAbomber) and it will get worse the longer this goes on.

I'll still pop in to do my daily COVID-19 wrap-ups and answer PMs and replies, but for a few weeks at least I need to focus on getting my body back in working condition. It may become more of a necessity than I realized in November.

Keep fighting, folks.

Well, I have the misfortune of Trump landing off a plane just a few minutes from my house today for a rally. So the airport will be crowded with a bunch of idiots, racists, and religious zealots.

One of my Trump supporting friends who literally told that "Science goes against god" when it came to trying to support Donald Trump is going. He is also one of the ones who kept talking about supporting children to turn the subject away from Floyd but didn't want to talk about the 13 year old Epstein victim who accused him of being one of her rapists.

And hit the Walmart just at the end of the road from the Airport off the highway, had one of the cashiers tell me one of them already came in calling people the N-Word. Sorry, not sure if I could actually spell it out without being infracted.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, I have the misfortune of Trump landing off a plane just a few minutes from my house today for a rally. So the airport will be crowded with a bunch of idiots, racists, and religious zealots.

One of my Trump supporting friends who literally told that "Science goes against god" when it came to trying to support Donald Trump is going. He is also one of the ones who kept talking about supporting children to turn the subject away from Floyd but didn't want to talk about the 13 year old Epstein victim who accused him of being one of her rapists.

And hit the Walmart just at the end of the road from the Airport off the highway, had one of the cashiers tell me one of them already came in calling people the N-Word. Sorry, not sure if I could actually spell it out without being infracted.
    I really do not know how anyone can say 'science goes against god' and then support someone that flies on an airplane. I mean... that's science in action, right there.
    And just as all the other examples you listed it's somehow... severe cognitive dissonance with just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

Sorry, but cut those imbeciles from your life.

PS: If science is against god, question the existence of your so called god, not science
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-09-19 at 10:24 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Eating lunch with some co-workers the other day. One of my co-workers made a comment about how the NFL players are supporting a rapist and it's a shame. Without missing a beat, I quipped, the NFL players don't support Trump. She stared daggers through me. One of my other co-workers who is liberal-leaning almost spit his soup over the table. To hell with ya, ya bitch.
    Now that is funny.

so best case scenario is amy coney barret
    while she is right wing, she seems to be classic right wing, scalia was atleasst principled in his anti government originalism and voted in favor of things like muslim rights and free speech alongside helping corporations do whatever they want,