10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Friday it was 45 days till election. Monday will be 42, which is 6 weeks. Which is fucking nothing for confirming a SCOTUS judge
    69 days is the average... the issue is what happens after the election. I think Dems can hold it until after the election, but not until January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I am not saying its right or wrong for them to push one through, but I do know that you don't win reelections if you don't do what your voters want.
    Once Trump gets the pick, what will his voters want when voting for him? Why would people vote for him, if he has nothing left?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time to play everyone's favorite Game: Which (former) Trump Advisor just got nailed for financial fruad?!

Today's Winner seems to be: Paul Manafort!

Well, just had a discussion with a Trump supporting friend of mine and the extents he went to to not understand something basic just to cling to him was just aweinsping.

Him: Me and my family have better paying jobs now than we did 4 years ago, coincidence, I think not.

Me: It's not a coincidence, Trump swore into office we were already 7 years into the longest stretch of economic and job growth in US history.

Him: That's your opinion.

Me: No, it's a fact, here is Trumps own administration on the white house website admitting and even celebrating it.

Them: That's your opinion of it.

Me: No, it's not an opinion, it a verifiable fact with numbers and all to back it up and in black and white.

Them: We each have our own views.

Me: No, it's not my view or your view or anyone elses, it isn't an opinion, it isn't up for debate, it is a flat out fact.

Them: Sure, your "Fact".

Me: It's not up for debate by either of us or anyone else, its an actual fact.

Them: You just can't except that other people have different views than you.....

Like how dense can one person get when they can't tell the difference between the two......

If it is in black and white, mathematically verifiable with concrete evidence from the official figures and from your own sources even verifying it while trying to steal credit, it isn't an opinion.....

The extents people go to to protect their feelings and then have the nerve to think others are snowflakes.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, just had a discussion with a Trump supporting friend of mine and the extents he went to to not understand something basic just to cling to him was just aweinsping.

Him: Me and my family have better paying jobs now than we did 4 years ago, coincidence, I think not.

Me: It's not a coincidence, Trump swore into office we were already 7 years into the longest stretch of economic and job growth in US history.

Me: No, it's a fact, here is Trumps own administration on the white house website admitting and even celebrating it.

Me: No, it's not an opinion, it a verifiable fact with numbers and all to back it up and in black and white.

Me: No, it's not my view or your view or anyone elses, it isn't an opinion, it isn't up for debate, it is a flat out fact.

Them: You just can't except that other people have different views than you.....

Like how dense can one person get when they can't tell the difference between the two......

If it is in black and white, mathematically verifiable with concrete evidence from the official figures and from your own sources even verifying it while trying to steal credit, it isn't an opinion.....

The extents people go to to protect their feelings and then have the nerve to think others are snowflakes.
    These idiots are a burden to society. For fucks sake, why there are so many stupid humans on a first world country?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

I truly fear this is what we've become as a nation...Asimov nailed it decades ago.

If Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 election, the Scalia seat might not have been filled yet

This is the truth isn't? How long would they have blocked in January of 2016 til maybe now.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    If Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 election, the Scalia seat might not have been filled yet

This is the truth isn't? How long would they have blocked in January of 2016 til maybe now.
    McConnell has changed the rules of political "decency" and I don't think he understands how back the Democrats could make it for him in the future. 13 SCOTUS seats is just the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Maybe. It might have been motivation for Dem voters to turn out to eject GOP senators from their seats. But probably not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Maybe. It might have been motivation for Dem voters to turn out to eject GOP senators from their seats. But probably not.
    Democrats did pretty well in 2018 - and there weren't many seats to gain either. I hear what you're saying, and there certainly would have been major outrage (and I don't think Kennedy would have retired either), but gaining Senate seats just wasn't on the agenda for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    gaining Senate seats just wasn't on the agenda for them.
    That's what I meant. It could have been put on the agenda if the GOP were willing to delay an appointment like that for half a decade...because they're pure garbage.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-09-21 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I truly fear this is what we've become as a nation...Asimov nailed it decades ago.
    I'm gonna say this pretty blunt but I mean no offense by it but, I remember people over here making jokes about americas bad education system back in the 90s and let's face it the key to a good democracy is a well educated people's, america considering its the richest nation on the planet is ranked only 20th in the world for education and thats as an average, in its most poor areas I imagine its on par with some 3rd world schools, in iq average rankings its one of the lowest in developed 1st World nations and that's not good considering the money America has that it can invest.

What that means is basically the chickens keep coming home to roost for you guys democratically, trump is not the first president you guys have had thats been an international embresment, of the presidents ive seen in my life time, 2 have been impeached, 1 was a rampant set pest, another destabilised the whole middle east to finish what his dad started and had the us intelligence agency out right lie to my country to get us involved and then ofc there's "try bleach injections" trump who needs no introduction, the only president in my life time that people here didn't laugh at and make fun of was Obama.

Now personally I'm non plus, I'm not an American, and my feeling about Americans I've made very clear, but as a half hearted point I know you guys over there won't take on board I think it would do you guys a lot of good to start talking about education reform more seriously, because until you do that everything else is basically pointless because anything you gain if the demo got power you would just loose when the next trump typed politician managed to worm there way onto office, which will continue to be a risk as long as so much of your population is poorly educated.

Take that as you will.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I meant. I could have been put on the agenda if the GOP were willing to delay an appointment like that for half a decade...because they're pure garbage.
    Ah, gotcha - I think I misunderstood what you meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I'm gonna say this pretty blunt but I mean no offense by it but, I remember people over here making jokes about americas bad education system back in the 90s and let's face it the key to a good democracy is a well educated people's, america considering its the richest nation on the planet is ranked only 20th in the world for education and thats as an average, in its most poor areas I imagine its on par with some 3rd world schools, in iq average rankings its one of the lowest in developed 1st World nations and that's not good considering the money America has that it can invest.

What that means is basically the chickens keep coming home to roost for you guys democratically, trump is not the first president you guys have had thats been an international embresment, of the presidents ive seen in my life time, 2 have been impeached, 1 was a rampant set pest, another destabilised the whole middle east to finish what his dad started and had the us intelligence agency out right lie to my country to get us involved and then ofc there's "try bleach injections" trump who needs no introduction, the only president in my life time that people here didn't laugh at and make fun of was Obama.

Now personally I'm non plus, I'm not an American, and my feeling about Americans I've made very clear, but as a half hearted point I know you guys over there won't take on board I think it would do you guys a lot of good to start talking about education reform more seriously, because until you do that everything else is basically pointless because anything you gain if the demo got power you would just loose when the next trump typed politician managed to worm there way onto office, which will continue to be a risk as long as so much of your population is poorly educated.

Take that as you will.
    You'll get no argument from me. Personally, I think education is the only real key to digging out of our racist and ignorant society - people in the conversation that was linked are like that and worse here in the United States - it's horrific.

And the problem you outlined gets worse.

Even if the United States turned some proverbial corner and funded education to the Nth degree, making schools palaces and teachers six figure earners, we'd still be screwed. Because education in America is community based, so regardless of what was sent down the funnel for funding, we'd still have the willfully ignorant teaching the next generation. Plus - we have all the people who are taught ignorance and hate at home, and how the holy fuck do we combat that?

The only real fix, centered on the premise that education is the Silver Bullet, is to reorganize all of education so it flows from a centralized, federalized source. But then we'd get a Devos in there before any of that good stuff took hold, and it would be monumentally fucked again.

I've been chatting with friends/family/forums looking for a solution to what Trump is a symptom of, and we're still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

Take that as you will.
    Its another reason why I thought Warren would be the perfect candidate. She was a former educator and because of that she has an excellent ability to break down complex things in ways even the stupid could understand, plus I figured education reform would be sort of pet project at worst for her.

But the cowardly part of the Democrats decided Biden was the safer choice even though their last safe choice lost to Trump.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    These idiots are a burden to society. For fucks sake, why there are so many stupid humans on a first world country?
    @cubby

The funny part was his friends tried to jump in and back him claiming I didn't give any facts even after the link.

Just to see how far he would go, I posted a thread on my main page with a meme I posted in it from Rick and Morty where Rick ripped back some wallpaper and it had some text saying "You can't argue facts with opinions". I intentionally did that to get his attention but didn't tag him to see if he would call himself out for it. And I posted roughly our conversation and what I did here.

He responded that if I was going to talk about our conversation that I should be man enough to tag him in it. I told him I wanted to give him the chance to see if he wanted to out himself as the one who couldn't tell the difference between a fact and an opinion. And if he can tell what I was talking about when I spelled it out like that.

No response so far. Pissed him and his wife off some with how I kept repeating that facts aren't opinions but he could never refute it. Not sure what else he honestly could think I was talking about when I was talking about facts as the only other things I said was that Trump has damaged us as a nation and I can prove that mathematically and with evidence and that as bad as Biden is, Trump is a worse option.

Unless he was seriously overlooking the one fact I actually posted to verify to cling to the other stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad thing is, I would love to get me a passport and move but I am stuck reliant on the VA for a paycheck and I can't leave my family behind and I know they wouldn't come and couldn't afford to.

So I am stuck watching the inmates run the asylum and deny reality and can't get the hell away from it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

In throwing your life away news. AP sources: Woman accused of sending ricin letter arrested

https://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-wo...234947312.html
    A woman suspected of sending an envelope containing the poison ricin, which was addressed to White House, has been arrested at the New York-Canada border, three law enforcement officials told The Associated Press on Sunday.

The letter had been intercepted earlier this week before it reached the White House. The woman was taken into custody by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Peace Bridge border crossing near Buffalo and is expected to face federal charges, the officials said. Her name was not immediately released.

The letter addressed to the White House appeared to have originated in Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have said. It was intercepted at a government facility that screens mail addressed to the White House and President Donald Trump and a preliminary investigation indicated it tested positive for ricin, according to the officials.

The officials were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I meant. It could have been put on the agenda if the GOP were willing to delay an appointment like that for half a decade...because they're pure garbage.
    Trump has refused to fill USPS leadership rolls because he’d be forced to nominate democrats to the positions, as its leadership is mandated to be bipartisan. It’s what helped install his crony as postmaster general. In addition to all the other positions he’s refused to fill.

Hopefully if democrats can roll in enough support to get the filibuster removed, they can start writing laws that will also keep people from insidiously refusing to fill positions with actually qualified individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    In throwing your life away news. AP sources: Woman accused of sending ricin letter arrested

https://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-wo...234947312.html
    Didn’t someone semi-famous also try mailing anthrax to Obama?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-21 at 05:16 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

On a separate note, or is this most amount of days that Trump has gone in recent memory without creating a mini scandal? It’s getting mighty quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    On a separate note, or is this most amount of days that Trump has gone in recent memory without creating a mini scandal? It’s getting mighty quiet.
    RBGs death has drowned everything else out for the time being.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't know if it counts as a scandal, but Trump says you won't see him again if he loses. Not surprising since he'd be likely running from the dozens of lawsuits coming his way.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't know if it counts as a scandal, but Trump says you won't see him again if he loses. Not surprising since he'd be likely running from the dozens of lawsuits coming his way.
    The Biden campaign took Trump saying that and turned it into gold.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers