Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, wait, sorry, I made a mistake. Sorry everyone.

it was Biden and Harris. It was both of them.
    I think my favorite part of that link was this paragraph...

"Biden has released 22 years of tax returns, and Harris has released 15 years, according to the campaign. Mr. Trump has not released any of HER tax returns to the public, citing a years-long IRS audit. Individuals under audit are not prohibited from releasing their tax returns."

I laughed far harder and longer than I should have at that slip up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So lets talk about Iraq.
    US 'outraged' by rocket attack that killed women, children

The U.S. State Department said Tuesday it was outraged by a rocket attack a day earlier that killed Iraqi civilians and called on the government to take action amid an impending diplomatic crisis between Baghdad and Washington.

The attack and subsequent condemnation come after the U.S. threatened to close its embassy in Baghdad unless Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi's administration reigns in Iran-backed armed groups responsible for frequent rocket fire and roadside bomb attacks targeting the American presence in the country.

“We are outraged by yesterday’s rocket attack in Baghdad that killed civilians, including a mother and her children,” State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus said in a statement.

In response to the embassy closure threats, the prime minister's spokesman said in his weekly news conference Tuesday that the closure of any diplomatic mission would have detrimental consequences for regional security.

“The withdrawal or closure of any diplomatic mission of any country will have disastrous repercussions for the entire region,” said Ahmed Mulla Talal.

He said the al-Kadhimi administration rejected any attempts to turn Iraq into an arena of conflict between the U.S. and Iran.

The attacks have not let up, despite the U.S. threats.
    The State Department does not get to be "outraged" while they're packing their bags and leaving. If the State Dept was "outraged" they could do something about it, such as with the miltary forces already on scene.

5+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs to stay on topic. This thread is to relate to Trump, not a dumping ground every politicized recent event.
    Additionally, don't help disingenuous posts derail your own discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Everyone needs to stay on topic. This thread is to relate to Trump, not a dumping ground every politicized recent event.
    Speaking of which, will there be a megathread about the debates? Or it will be posted on the election thread?

Mod Edit: Likely it'll just stay in the election thread, since it'll inevitably be discussed there.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-09-29 at 06:34 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    What can be done about the disingenuous posters?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

so brad parscale beats his wife and looks like hes nicked millions of dollars from the trump campaign and the GOP. only the best lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Stop typing in giant bold red letters. People dont have to listen to your orders
    No one said you have to. The issue is you can't because you're morally and intellectually bankrupt with an aversion to truth. If critical thinking were needed to sustain life you'd have died years ago.

The more telling part is why you trump cultists fail to meet basic information requests or address blatant hypocrisy in your own views when asked to in a discussion forum.

How do you feel that Trump paid Jared kushner consulting fees specifically to dodge taxes or how basically every business and property he has are money sucking black holes and his only probiftable venture in the last 40 years, after wasting millions of his daddy's money, was convincing people like you he was great at business via his TV show while he was sucking at running his actual business ventures?

What is your opinion on a president who has hundreds of millions of dollars owed to foreign lenders with payment due suring his possible second term?
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-29 at 06:45 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so brad parscale beats his wife
    Whoa whoa whoa, cite that shit. Here, I'll demonstrate:

Brad Parscale, a senior adviser to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign, reportedly hit his wife and had 10 guns inside his home that were seized by Florida police who responded to his house after a report of an attempted suicide, according to police reports released Monday.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department also released body camera footage from the Sunday incident, in which Parscale’s wife tells an officer that he cocked a gun in front of her.

Police on Sunday committed Parscale to a hospital under Florida’s Baker Act, which allows people to be detained and evaluated if they are deemed to be a threat to themselves or someone else.

Officer Timothy Skaggs reported seeing bruises on Candice Parscale’s arms, which she said had occurred a few days ago during a physical altercation with her husband.

Steven Smith, a SWAT team member who responded to the residence, said in his report that “when I asked how she received the bruising, Candace Parscale stated Brad Parscale hits her. When asked if he made these markings today, she claimed he did not. I continued to ask if Brad Parscale physically assaulted her in anyway today and she said no, but he did forcibly smack her phone out of her hand when she was attempting to call Brad Parscale’s father.“
    And also, because the we need icing on this cake:

The footage showed Parscale, wearing only a pair of shorts and holding what appeared to be a beer, being thrown to the ground by police after he agreed to come outside without a gun.
    Reports are coming out that Pascale has PTSD. From what? Pascale never served in the military, near as I can tell. Did he legit get PTSD from Trump's campaign? Does anyone, and I mean literally anyone, know why Pascale has PTSD?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so brad parscale beats his wife and looks like hes nicked millions of dollars from the trump campaign and the GOP. only the best lads.
    Wait, is this in addition to him potentially laundering nearly $200M in campaign funds, for which he's apparently under investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    We've already heard about the WH pushing schools to open. CBS News has more info.

Top White House officials over the summer pressured the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to downplay the risk of the coronavirus among young people and encourage the reopening of schools, according to two former CDC officials who were at the agency at the time.

The New York Times first reported that White House officials, including aides in Vice President Mike Pence's office and Dr. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House's coronavirus task force, were involved in trying to circumvent the CDC to promote data that showed the spread of the virus was slowing. The former CDC officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told CBS News that the information in the Times report was accurate.

Olivia Troye, a former adviser to Pence who worked on the White House coronavirus task force, told the Times that she was repeatedly asked by Pence's chief of staff, Marc Short, to produce more data showing a decline in cases in young people. Troye left the White House in August and has since become a vocal critic of the president and the administration's coronavirus response.

The Times also reported that Birx pushed the CDC to include data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, an agency inside the Department of Health and Human Services, which said that extended school closures could affect children's mental health and argued that transmission of the virus among family members was low. The Times obtained an email from Birx to CDC Director Robert Redfield asking him to incorporate the document as "background" in CDC guidance for reopening schools.

President Trump over the summer repeatedly argued that schools should be reopened for in-person learning. At an event in July, he said "we want to get them open quickly, beautifully, in the fall."

A second former CDC official involved in writing the guidelines told CBS News that Birx was influential in shaping the message surrounding schools reopening, and pushed to focus on the risk factors involved for kids if they stayed home instead of the risks linked to going back to class. This official said that the White House was "slicing and dicing our data to fit its narrative."
    Trump downplayed the lethal outbreak he allowed, then pushed only what fit his narrative off while bypassing facts and science. And as @Benggaul is reminding us daily, we're seeing the opposite of "magically going away". And it's five months past April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, is this in addition to him potentially laundering nearly $200M in campaign funds, for which he's apparently under investigation?
    I think that's the same story. The difference between spending money in a way you're not allowed to spend it, and stealing it, is pretty minimal. But I shouldn't speak for @jonnysensible and will cede to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden campaign reveals the Trump Tax calculator, which is just "how much you paid, minus $750" which of course everyone paid over $750.

Of course I have the link. The average American paid over ten thousand dollars more than Trump.

Of course I have the link. The average American paid over ten thousand dollars more than Trump.

Just saw this at the bottom of the page and had a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I hope Donald disowns him and writes him out of his will for embarrassing him like that on National Television
    [Infraction]
    Isnt bashing lgbt+ people against the forum rules?

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about another mistake Trump made leading up to the debates.

Trump has been posting the image of the covfefe Yosemite origins Jyna Minneapolis diversary Beyonce *cough* sorry, got a list of Trump words in my throat. Trump has been posting the image of Biden unable to speak a simple sentence or be aware of his surroundings. Now, he's going to be trapped in a room with him. If Biden handles hiimself in a debate even as average/below average as I would, he'll come out ahead of that. If he shows the usual spark, Trump's false narrative will crash down like Trump property loans coming due.

So, earlier I suggested Trump had three options and would pick #2, show up and get thrashed.

Um...there's new evidence and I'm less sure.

Trump wants Biden frisked for radios.

Yep, under 24 hours in and he's trying to add another rule, creating a conspiracy theory out of nowhere, possibly to come up with a reason he'll flake out.

Also,

STOP RESPONDING TO TRUMP SUPPORTERS WHO DIDN'T ANSWER THE CHALLENGE.
    STAPH, if i can do it you can too!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the same story. The difference between spending money in a way you're not allowed to spend it, and stealing it, is pretty minimal. But I shouldn't speak for @jonnysensible and will cede to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden campaign reveals the Trump Tax calculator, which is just "how much you paid, minus $750" which of course everyone paid over $750.

But But his kid said he is entitled to it.....

damn rich entitled coastal elete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    What can be done about the disingenuous posters?
    lol if anything serious was going to be done about it the likes of @Ghostpanther and co. would be banned long ago.

the bigger problem is the hit and run posters who have no interest in discussion and just post to inflame and disappear.
    that is the true derailing of these forums
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    But But his kid said he is entitled
    Oh man, I can't wait to see Trump try to raise the Hunter Biden thing now that we know Trump hands Ivanka millions of dollars in consulting fees.

Oh, wait, it was actually $750,000. She tried to hide it, but when the amount Trump paid an unnamed consultant equaled the amount Ivanka earned as a consultant, the NYTimes said "well there we go, then". Yep, Trump made that a business expense so he could reduce his tax burden. And that's just the one that got caught -- we have no idea if it's more, because Trump declared millions in consulting fees but did not name names.

That, plus of course the failed background checks.

This just in: the trade gap has widened. It was $83 billion last month -- a new record.

Trump's policies have failed. The trade gap is wider than ever before, and still widening.
    and we are still stuck with the largest tax increase in history thanks to Trump's tariffs
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol if anything serious was going to be done about it the likes of @Ghostpanther and co. would be banned long ago.

the bigger problem is the hit and run posters who have no interest in discussion and just post to inflame and disappear.
    that is the true derailing of these forums
    Are you talking about the poster with the name of a resto shaman spell?

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I dunno guys. Trumpism will always confuse me.

I unfriended a childhood friend tonight. We've known each other throughout HS and we've been in relatively close touch over the last few years. About a year and a half ago I saw him posting some alt-right garbage. Don't remember what was all said, but I know I ended the conversation with "I know you're smarter than this, dude."

Well, fast forward a year and a half, while we remained friends on Facebook, all our mutual Gay and Black friends have unfriended him. All our mutual childhood friends have unfriended him. When I noticed this, I decided to say fuck it and unfriended him as well. (I had recalled earlier in the year after our little conversation where I said he was smarter than this, I stopped receiving invites to game night but had noticed that he had posted pictures from a game night).

I just don't know how he could've been indoctrinated by that shit. We had very similar upbringings, single parents households, below-or-at poverty levels. We're both White had a lot of mutual friends.

I went to a two-year college and got a good paying job, he went straight to work in an industrial-type job. That's the only place our lives really went separate. And I know that even if I had gone into an industrial-type job, I wouldn't have been sucked into Trumpism.

I just cannot understand how people can get so easily fooled when it takes like 10 seconds to get the real answers to the bullshit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yep, I lost a friend of over 30 years as well. Because my friend listened to that dumbass Hitler Defending bitch Candace Owens. He said I had "white privilege" for not listening to her racist rant of George Floyd. He wasn't all that political until the virus hit and he was literally out of work because of it because he is a manager at a restaurant. Tried to educate him, but then he started posting Trump bullshit. So I know kinda how you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    House tries to subpoena DHS head, when a whistleblower was due to testify but DHS blocked it. The head of DHS responded with "I don't exist".

So the House subpoena'd the acting DHS head instead.

The House and Senate Intelligence Committees are investigating the DHS based on a former senior officials' whistleblower complaint that he was told to stop giving intelligence assessments on threats of Russian interference in the U.S. because it "made the president look bad."
    You'd think that, if the allegations were false, they'd have pushed the guy under the spotlight and said "no go ahead, lie under oath".

Oh man, I can't wait to see Trump try to raise the Hunter Biden thing now that we know Trump hands Ivanka millions of dollars in consulting fees.

Oh, wait, it was actually $750,000. She tried to hide it, but when the amount Trump paid an unnamed consultant equaled the amount Ivanka earned as a consultant, the NYTimes said "well there we go, then". Yep, Trump made that a business expense so he could reduce his tax burden. And that's just the one that got caught -- we have no idea if it's more, because Trump declared millions in consulting fees but did not name names.

That, plus of course the failed background checks.
    "sorry Donald does my kid work for the govt?"
    "oh wait you know who's kid does?"

the crazy part is i cannot even get a loan without substantiating every single buck that all of a sudden got transferred into my account. Especially from a family member.
    Hell even my deposits would come under scrutiny if they were anywhere near 750k.

sigh must be nice to afford fancy lawyers and accountants, oh wait he can't afford them he's billions in debt LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Are you talking about the poster with the name of a resto shaman spell?
    Sorry that person fell into a black hole and no longer exists for the next 24 hours

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!