Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He can’t do both... and, as I keep saying, his Florida rally is cancelled... Florida is big...
    What do you mean he can't do both? Faking something and then pretending he recovered quickly while at the same time missing debates that he's gonna look bad in? Why not? The stupid knows no limits...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    WH has an examination room at the eisenhower executive office building and emergency medical facilities at WH proper. No official IC beds. That being said, it's the prez and with that much oomph behind an idea, it wouldn't take long to convert space into one.
    Ah, makes sense. Well in that case we'll hear nothing of it unless he dies.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 40% "it's a hoax so he doesn't have to attend the next debates" and 60% ".... irony..."

Anywho, shit'll get weird if . . . uh . . . Pence is suddenly President.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What do you mean he can't do both? Faking something and then pretending he recovered quickly while at the same time missing debates that he's gonna look bad in? Why not? The stupid knows no limits...
    He can’t cancel debates, if he recovers quickly... because of time...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm about 40% "it's a hoax so he doesn't have to attend the next debates" and 60% ".... irony..."

He is far more appropriate to usher in the American gilead...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    This thread is an interesting read from someone from the UK:
    No one in the US feels pity for DT. The UK hadn't seen 200k dead by the time johnson caught it. Once again, the only people I feel sorry for in the WH are the people that are required to work there and barron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    This thread is an interesting read from someone from the UK:
    Did Boris make fun of people wearing masks, at the debate where he caught the virus? Did Boris admit to lying about the severity, to downplay the effect? Did Boris respond with “it is what it is”, to 1000 Brits dying per day?

It might not be a cultural difference...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No one in the US feels pity for DT. The UK hadn't seen 200k dead by the time johnson caught it. Once again, the only people I feel sorry for in the WH are the people that are required to work there and barron.
    Check rooftops... if we see republicans celebrating, we know she was right.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Conveniently avoiding more debates for the next two weeks...
    I won't rule out that he's faking, but this is like gnawing off your leg to get out of the bear trap levels of shittery. Missing the debates is bad, missing the debates because you caught the disease you said was no big deal is worse.

Plus it still costs him two weeks of rallies, two weeks of E.O. photo ops, and two weeks of $130,000 prostitutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Pence can't win the election. He's not Trump, he can't lead the cult. Hell, I don't think Pence would win the election against Harris.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-10-02 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I won't rule out that he's faking, but this is like gnawing off your leg to get out of the bear trap levels of shittery. Missing the debates is bad, missing the debates because you caught the disease you said was no big deal is worse.

Plus it still costs him two weeks of rallies, two weeks of E.O. photo ops, and two weeks of $130,000 prostitutes.
    Also, which is more likely:

A) A hairbrained scheme to get out of the debates so comprehensive it includes activating part of the continuity of government contingency to make it appear like you have a lethal illness, or -

B) An idiot who's spent more than half a year calling a lethal infection a hoax and spreading misinformation about preventative measures ended up catching said lethal infection after taking no precautions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Also, which is more likely:

A) A hairbrained scheme to get out of the debates so comprehensive it includes activating part of the continuity of government contingency to make it appear like you have a lethal illness, or -

B) An idiot who's spent more than half a year calling a lethal infection a hoax and spreading misinformation about preventative measures ended up catching said lethal infection after taking no precautions.
    Now that you put it that way... considering it's Trump, I'm not actually sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I'm honestly curious what Trumps own internal polls show more than anything
    Fantasy-land magic polling numbers.

I pulled that from Hannity's twitter, where it apparently came from NewsNationNow, which....is apparently WGN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    A) A hairbrained scheme
    Yeah, Trump had two "good" options for bailing on the debate by calling it rigged -- Biden's drug test and Biden's ear canal search. If he was going to bail, he'd have picked something less dangerous to himself than "I have a gonhorrea". Oh wait, "I have coronavirus".

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantasy-land magic polling numbers.
    Covid must be the victory prize...

most annoying thing about this for me is I had a rather large buy a few days ago... should have waited for this.... we all knew it was bound to happen.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Pence can't win the election. He's not Trump, he can't lead the cult. Hell, I don't think Pence would win the election against Harris.
    Nah. If Trump dies, Pence will be President until January but he has no chance of winning an election . . . I hope.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Christie was in the room when Trump was debate prepping.

He says there were five or six of them, and nobody was wearing a mask.

He also says he's going to get tested but he's currently fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He can’t cancel debates, if he recovers quickly... because of time...
    But remember that voluntary 14 day quarantine? That'll get some of them cancelled and he can't do anything about it, the poor man... he'll come up with some other thing for the remaining few weeks, surely.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Christie was in the room when Trump was debate prepping.

He says there were five or six of them, and nobody was wearing a mask.

He also says he's going to get tested but he's currently fine.
    Don't worry, I'm sure it'll just be a mild case of window poisoning if anything's amiss. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese state-run media is already trolling Trump.

So, how's that trade war going?

Yeah well, stupid does what stupid do. I didn't say it was a perfect plan, I don't even think it's likely, because such a stunt would probably disqualify him for most people that are on the fence... maybe even some of the normal Republicans. The Trumpkins would of course celebrate it as the final act in his attempt to sabotage the US of A on Putin's behalf, but who knows at this point what's true or not with him. I treat everything as a lie, makes life much easier and on average he proves me right...

10+ Year Old Account
    That'll get some of them cancelled and he can't do anything about it.
    Trump testing positive is enough for some governors, some mayors, and some venue owners to just end Trump events. The CPD isn't going to fuck around with this of course, but at this point, I don't think anyone else will, either.

Trump can't afford another Tulsa, but nobody wants to be the second Tulsa even more.

- - - Updated - - -

The last jobs report before the election is out now.

Unemployment is 7.9%.

While this is better than early projections, it had just edged under 5% in 2016.

In addition to never getting the GDP growth he promised, he'll also hit the election with fewer jobs than he started. All that work "he" did lowering unemployment from 5 to 4? Boom. Doubled. Not that he delivered on his promises if you stopped him at 2019, either, but this election isn't for Hypothetical President.

So the question at the top of my mind is if Trump's condition worsens to the point where the 25th amendment is invoked and Pence becomes acting President can Pence still break a tie on a certain supreme court nomination vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mnuchin tests negative, which is a lucky break for basically everyone. He's been the primary relief bill contact for the WH.

- - - Updated - - -

Jill and I send our thoughts to President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump for a swift recovery. We will continue to pray for the health and safety of the president and his family.
    -- President Joe Biden