10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Its not boogie properganda, its the foundation of the modern idea of republics
    Which are in turn derived from Enlightenment values, the values of the 18th century bourgeoisie.

and as republics have lasted far longer than any true democracy has id say there onto something.
    The longest lasting polities have generally been highly bureaucratized empires, not republics.

Fun fact, though, human administrative practices have been refined over time so saying "true democracies haven't lasted" is a non sequitur.

The rights of the individual should always be protected from the will of the people and the malevolence of the state. other wise rights are nothing.
    K, but that isn't mutually exclusive with democratic government and the United States has never been about protecting individual rights unless forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The French, Belgians and Polish have similar feelings about Germany.

I don't know where the idea of conservatives awarding power to nazis came from, I don't like conservatives but this was the make up of the german parliament when Hitler took power

I don't doubt that, but still, for Hitler to become Fuhrer he needed 2/3rd. Now in my world 44% is less than 66% - where do they come from? The conservatives. At least open wikipedia and skim it.

And sure, there is a right wing-authoritarian party in germany, but it's both quantitative and qualitative way less powerful than literally ANY OHTER EUROPEAN COUNTRY.

Look at them: UKIP, FPÖ, FN, Lega Nord, PiS, VB - all of them have much more votes and are way more direct in their dogwhistling than the AfD. Does this make the AfD okay - for sure not, but germanys right wing party is the least of the right-wing problems in Europe right now.

And to the perception: Yeah of course, everytime Germany pushes for more austerity the Nazi calls grow louder, but let's be honest, it only happens in these cases. The only country still holding on hard to their Germany hate is the UK. It's a bit bonkers tbh. When i went to school in the UK 25 years ago the kids were a bit suspicious of me, until they learned i'm austrian, not german - which yeah, is bonkers especially considering how my country treats its past contrary to germany. It's a bit like the hateboner for germans is deeply rooted in british nationalism and society.

Maybe travel to another country...

I'm sorry, but this whole discussion is seriously bonkers. No nation in the EU is more aware of their problematic heritage as is germany. Even flashing a national flag (as long as it isn't soccer) is seen as somewhat problematic - they're THAT aware of their history of nationalism. You should really check your own prejudices, and look at that's actually happening instead of regurgitating the same nationalistic UK bullshit that hasn't been reflected upon in the last 70 years.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2020-10-03 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Biden/Harris campaign spiked the presidents New Treatment, from the Makers of Clorox.

- - - Updated - - -

Now is when that Biden Warchest could be spent. On Fox News ads. All Fucking Day. What else is Donnie gonna do all day? Stroke out when ever 12 and a half minutes a Biden ad appears?

- - - Updated - - -

Preface: I'm not wishing death on anyone.
    With 3 weeks until I turn 42, this might be the best birthday ever.

Side note: I may have to join a religion. Promises were made.
    Pshh, I'm in my mid thirties and my b-day is in 2 days. This was my birthday present.

Trumps rate of tweets per day should be an indication of how severe his symptoms are.

From normal amount meaning he is fine, to not tweeting for a day meaning "thoughts and prayers" time

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trumps rate of tweets per day should be an indication of how severe his symptoms are.

From normal amount meaning he is fine, to not tweeting for a day meaning "thoughts and prayers" time
    Thoughts and prayers, and may his extremely qualified absolutely-real-doctor deliver him from this evil. https://archive.fo/G7wtb#selection-5061.30-5065.42

He had too much of the astral sex, no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Excuse for what?
    to paraphrase one of the greatest quotes from The Shield "the last four years"

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because he is being treated by doctors, not politicians.
    I am sure his demon sperm doctor is free he should be using her.

why are they giving him remdesivir?
    all they need to do is give him some hydroxichloriqueine
    which is 100% effective on the virus
    no need for anything else

Rick Scott has also tested positive. It's the 4th senator to do so.

Edit: False alarm, he tested negative. His team said he misspoke.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports are coming in that Pence has been moved to Trump's Bedminster, NJ golf course, to assume Trump's usual activities.

Nah, just kidding. But we are hearing more and more about that fund raiser.

The roughly 100 campaign supporters who paid up to $250,000 to attend had no idea that the president had recently been exposed to the novel coronavirus and would soon test positive. One day later, New Jersey health officials are trying to locate those who attended in case anyone shook hands or snapped photos with Trump.

"He made some jokes, he looked fine, he was happy, he was laughing, he was funny," said Katherine Hermes, a member of the club who paid $2,600 for a ticket and went with her husband. "I was flabbergasted when I woke up this morning. He looked perfectly healthy."
    Yeah I know the context, but what part of that skin color, that amount of weight, and hair applied by rivet gun screams "healthy" to this guy?

There are differing accounts of how much effort the president made to keep his distance from guests. ABC News spoke with more than half a dozen people who attended the event. Most said the president kept people at bay. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters the president "socially distanced, it was an outdoor event and it was deemed safe by a White House operations for him to attend that event."

Spenser Sembrat, the founder of a travel business, told ABC News that when the president addressed the group, they all sat at tables separated by at least 6 feet.

"It was a buffet style, but from what I could tell everyone was wearing masks," he said.

Peter Bartek, a technology executive, told ABC News that the president kept guests at a safe distance.

"During the fundraiser, during my time at the club, no attendees were allowed within 6 feet of the president," Bartek said, recalling a "big, well-controlled crowd."

Prior to the main event, Trump participated in an event with a much smaller group and a looser environment. Dr. Rich Roberts said in a video posted on the website The Lakewood Scoop that he attended the event and was part of the "small group" of roughly 20 donors that participated in a roundtable discussion on Iran, China, debate strategy and other topics. It was held at a rectangular table.

"Here was President Trump, and I was directly across from him, over one seat, and then it went out from there," Roberts said, adding that the president appeared in "top spirits" and "full of fight and energy."

Campaign officials would not say if the 6-foot distance was maintained for those 40 to 50 guests who later met the president inside the clubhouse for a photo -- an honor reserved for couples willing to pay $50,000.
    Granted, Trump going was fucking stupid. But based on the lack of follow-ups and the general setup of the event, it's sounding like the guests might be okay. Hopefully for Trump's sake -- can you imagine what happens if he holds a fundraiser and personally kills an attendee?

If anything, this event acts as an example of why people should be smart and safe around people they've just met. You never know who isn't following the honor system. It could be anyone -- even someone who lies all the time about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    why are they giving him remdesivir?
    all they need to do is give him some hydroxichloriqueine
    which is 100% effective on the virus
    no need for anything else
    Yes, yes, and those special lights and huffing bleach.

The take away is that, despite Trump promising all kinds of things, medical experts are doing none of that. I'm just going to assume the irony is lost on him, but we of course can bring it up whenever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    K, but that isn't mutually exclusive with democratic government and the United States has never been about protecting individual rights unless forced.
    Well it is, democracy places the power of the people 1st, the will of the people is sovereign.

The huge problem with that is, what it actually means is the will of the MAJORITY of people is sovereign and that majority views are then pushed on the minority whether they like it or not, that can be exceptionally problematic, when you want to protect minoritys rights, if those protections didn't exist the rights of minoritys could vastly change on an election, and I don't mean just the surrounding rights, but the core rights them selves, in the UK support for legalised homosexuality knly passed 50% in the 1990s, before that the democratic will of the majority was against a right just to exist that gays have had since the 1960s, and many other minoritys enjoy the protection of the judiciary on there rights from the will of the majority, without the checks and balances on democracy then the 86.1% white British of my country would have complete free raigne to dictate the rights and quality of life of all the minoritys who even together could not oppose such a majority.

People who belive democracy is some perfect system are the same people who belive in the ad populism fallacy, that the majority is always right, and thats a dangerous thing to belive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is, democracy places the power of the people 1st, the will of the people is sovereign.
    That's not what democracy means.

The idea of the people being sovereign is the definition of a republic as opposed to a monarchy or thearchy. You continue to demonstrate an ignorance of basic political terms in favor of a mythologised view of history.

The huge problem with that is, what it actually means is the will of the MAJORITY of people is sovereign and that majority views are then pushed on the minority whether they like it or not, that can be exceptionally problematic, when you want to protect minoritys rights, if those protections didn't exist the rights of minoritys could vastly change on an election, and I don't mean just the surrounding rights, but the core rights them selves, in the UK support for legalised homosexuality knly passed 50% in the 1990s, before that the democratic will of the majority was against a right just to exist that gays have had since the 1960s, and many other minoritys enjoy the protection of the judiciary on there rights from the will of the majority, without the checks and balances on democracy then the 86.1% white British of my country would have complete free raigne to dictate the rights and quality of life of all the minoritys who even together could not oppose such a majority.
    Again, this isn't mutually exclusive with democratic government. Nor did the UK being an oligarchy make life any better for LGBTQ+ people, either.

People who belive democracy is some perfect system are the same people who belive in the ad populism fallacy, that the majority is always right, and thats a dangerous thing to belive.
    As opposed to the strawman fallacies you've been dumping all over the thread. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i know this is taboo to even talk about
    but in the event trump did pass away from the fake virus
    the amount of conspiracy theories that will develop, they will claim the deep state poisioned him
    from a Q supporter in congress...

almost as if maybe the people making a big deal of mask wearing and social distancing actually had a point this whole time..
    nope crazy conspiracy theory
    https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/...59767842250752
    Does anyone else find it odd that people that don't use condoms get pregnant while people that do use condoms don't?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Pence hads out to Arizona, to host a campaign rally Trump set up before...well, before.

When the rally was scheduled, it was set up to be a packed crowd and masks were not required. The rally is scheduled for Thursday.

So, there's all sorts of things that can happen in the next few days.

A) Pence holds the rally with a packed crowd of maskless people, and nobody gets sick.

B) Pence holds the rally with a packed crowd of maskless people, and some asshole brings COVID-19 and infects others.

C) Trump's campaign changes the rules and requires masks or other new safeguards.

D) Someone in an Arizona position of authority changes the rules.

E) Someone in an Arizona position of power flat-out cancels the event.

F) Pence cancels for any reason at all (including "I am needed at the White Hosue")

G) The Trump campaign cancels the event, possibly to prevent...

H) So few people show up that social distancing is enforced purely by the sparse crowd. Pictures of Pence talking to an empty field circle the internet as weaponized memes.

Place your bets, one and all. This is normally where I name people like @ObviousRussianBot @DriveByShitPoster and @CompensatingForSmallPenis but with their track record, would it matter if I did? All of them have proven they're craven cowards over and over. I'm torn between C and H myself, but since I think H would be hilarious I'm going with C, an outright declaration of hypocrisy by Trump's campaign.

Oh! And feel free to mention an option I missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I don't doubt that, but still, for Hitler to become Fuhrer he needed 2/3rd. Now in my world 44% is less than 66% - where do they come from? The conservatives. At least open wikipedia and skim it.

And sure, there is a right wing-authoritarian party in germany, but it's both quantitative and qualitative way less powerful than literally ANY OHTER EUROPEAN COUNTRY.

Look at them: UKIP, FPÖ, FN, Lega Nord, PiS, VB - all of them have much more votes and are way more direct in their dogwhistling than the AfD. Does this make the AfD okay - for sure not, but germanys right wing party is the least of the right-wing problems in Europe right now.

And to the perception: Yeah of course, everytime Germany pushes for more austerity the Nazi calls grow louder, but let's be honest, it only happens in these cases. The only country still holding on hard to their Germany hate is the UK. It's a bit bonkers tbh. When i went to school in the UK 25 years ago the kids were a bit suspicious of me, until they learned i'm austrian, not german - which yeah, is bonkers especially considering how my country treats its past contrary to germany. It's a bit like the hateboner for germans is deeply rooted in british nationalism and society.

Maybe travel to another country...

I'm sorry, but this whole discussion is seriously bonkers. No nation in the EU is more aware of their problematic heritage as is germany. Even flashing a national flag (as long as it isn't soccer) is seen as somewhat problematic - they're THAT aware of their history of nationalism. You should really check your own prejudices, and look at that's actually happening instead of regurgitating the same nationalistic UK bullshit that hasn't been reflected upon in the last 70 years.
    I disagree that the AFD isn't a massive problem, few of those other far right groups hold 10% of a parliament and nearly were king makers in there election, the AFD is exceptional nationalistic and racist and parrots the same attempts to excuse historic wrongs that all other far right parties do.

I have no hate boner for modern Germany, its a lovely nation with lovely people and I've been 4 times now, I have a huge hate boner for the german Reich, german nationalism and people who support or downplay the disgrace that is the AFD in germany, which is a minority yes, but needs stamping on now,

I live in a nation that has just been pulled out of the greatest union of all time and I've lost my EU citizen ship by the will of the majority, against my will, and that is down to parties like UKIP and the BNP and groups like Britain first been allowed freedom to spread there poisen for to long and non of them ever came close to the political power and legitimacy the AFD has,

see Britain as a warning about what happens if you let parties like the AFD continue and worse see them as legitimate.

Either way were OT so let's get back on the topic of trumps stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account

As you can see, this Sept 26th picture I found is already outdated -- Conway isn't circled yet.

Johnson wasn't there. He was exposed Sept 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's not what democracy means.

The idea of the people being sovereign is the definition of a republic as opposed to a monarchy or thearchy. You continue to demonstrate an ignorance of basic political terms in favor of a mythologised view of history.

Again, this isn't mutually exclusive with democratic government. Nor did the UK being an oligarchy make life any better for LGBTQ+ people, either.

As opposed to the strawman fallacies you've been dumping all over the thread. Right.
    Do You call me loosing my EU citizenship and EU rights because of the will of the majority a straw man argument as to why democracy is dangerous ?

Sorry, you are woefully nieve, but its nothing new, this same rubbish agitaprop you lot fed to the Iraqis after you guys lied to the world to start a war and "liberate" them.

Any way this is alot OT, you won't see sense until your nation elects a tyrant or votes to remove your rights, let's hope they never do.

Trump doctor 'extremely happy with president's progress'
    Trump's medical team is "extremely happy with the progress the president has made", says his personal doctor, Dr Sean Conley.

He was brought into hospital as a "precautionary measure", Dr Conley says.

The medical team say President Trump is not on oxygen or having difficulty breathing,

One of the doctors says Trump told him: "I feel like I could walk out of here today."

He has been fever-free for over 24 hours, the doctors say.
    So basically a load of shit. Just more propaganda. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As you can see, this Sept 26th picture I found is already outdated -- Conway isn't circled yet.
    Conway is the second seat back on the right side of the aisle, in a lavender outfit, right behind Melania. She's circled.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Conway is in the right column. Left side on the aisle, second row from the front. She's circled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..