10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The Wyoming Option would require an Amendment.
    How do you figure that? Previous changes to House representation have simply been done by statute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apportionment_Act_of_1911

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappo...nt_Act_of_1929

I still prefer the NPVIC over the Wyoming Option, anyway.
    What?

Both of those things are on different topics and don't require choosing between them. The Wyoming Option is about representation in the House of Representatives, while the NPVIC is about how the electoral college operates for electing presidents.

Though it would increase the size of the College.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-10-04 at 05:13 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Wyoming Option would require an Amendment. I still prefer the NPVIC over the Wyoming Option, anyway.
    I don't think it would require an amendment, they actually kept expanding the seats up until around 1920 or so and then just stopped. If they are able to stop then they are able to start up again or alter it otherwise.

The compact you are talking about is good and I support that too and I would gladly doing both of those.

The Wyoming option though is needed to actually force Congress to be more representative of the make up of the nation though. I wasn't even thinking about that just in regards to the election. But having California under represented and Wyoming vastly over represented in the house that is supposed to most closely match the make-up of the nation, needs to be addressed as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ite-house-case

Another positive in the inner circle, a personal attendant to Trump named Nick Luna. Realistically it's likely he caught it from Trump at this point.

So, something both hilarious and scary is that apparently this administration is SO bad at their jobs they failed to scrub the EXIF data from the photos they distributed showing Trump "hard at work". The EXIF data shows the photos were taken 10 minutes apart. They shot one in one room, hauled his ass over to another room to put on/remove a jacket and then shot another one for immediate distribution.

In other words, obvious staged photo is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Same photos that show him signing the middle of a blank sheet of paper? The best people.
    The very same. The other implication is that, since the White House could have edited the EXIF data themselves if they so chose, there's no real proof that these were even from today. It's either one or the other and both are not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So, something both hilarious and scary is that apparently this administration is SO bad at their jobs they failed to scrub the EXIF data from the photos they distributed showing Trump "hard at work". The EXIF data shows the photos were taken 10 minutes apart. They shot one in one room, hauled his ass over to another room to put on/remove a jacket and then shot another one for immediate distribution.

In other words, obvious staged photo is obvious.
    PSYOP, Propoganda, or both. Either way, damn they are idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    How do you figure that? Previous changes to House representation have simply been done by statute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I don't think it would require an amendment, they actually kept expanding the seats up until around 1920 or so and then just stopped.
    I stand corrected. I was partly thinking about the 23rd Amendment and forgot that regular apportionment needed no Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Both of those things are on different topics and don't require choosing between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The compact you are talking about is good and I support that too and I would gladly doing both of those.
    Sure, I mentioned as much earlier ITT:

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I still think it is worth doing for the benefits to general legislation (smaller districts are objectively better at providing an avenue for constituents to reach out to their representative), but doing it in favor of the EC changes isn't even half the puzzle, you'd need to also do district based allocation with a statewide popular vote kicker for that to work.
    Oh, absolutely. I would also hope that a larger pool of Representatives would somewhat limit lobbyist spending as less worth it for a reduced effectiveness. It would at least spread the money out a bit more, at the very least. Maybe it's just the blind optimist in me that hopes that that would lead to more honest Representatives in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Or just eliminate the EC entirely, or get a few more states on board with NPVIC.
    I mean... por que no los dos?

But again, I sincerely doubt that the House is going to vote to diminish their individual power. Any such reapportionment change would likely have to come through an Amendment. The NPVIC at least has a decent chance of succeeding, without requiring the Amendment needed to outright undo the EC.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Until:

Joe Biden (D) / Kamala Harris (D)
    Howie Hawkins (G) / Angela Nicole Walker (G)
    Jo Jorgensen (L) / Spike Cohen (L)
    Donald Trump (R) / Mike Pence (R)

Are all on the stage the debates are nothing but shows for the media outlet to get advertising dollars. There should be a law that every candidate that is on enough ballots to win the election by getting enough electoral votes has to be at every debate.
    Other wise the debate is a farce.

(Yes all four of the candidates have enough ballots to get 270 electoral votes.)
    And in the system that is in place only the person with a D or an R next to their name will ever have a chance of carrying anything.

No putting the other two in the debates will change anything. The EC voting works under a first past the post style. The style is purposefully set up to force two parties.

Greens and Libertarians are wasting their time and money and would be better suited focusing small and working long term to knock off the D or R at house level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people are thinking this is all a ruse being carried out by Trump to garner sympathy, but I'm not so sure. With how many Republicans around Trump who have tested positive for COVID, they would have to be faking it too. And with all these people and their staff, that's more people who would have to be in on the ruse.

It's not a shock that a secret becomes harder to keep a secret the more people that know it, and if it got revealed that Trump was never sick and he faked it to gain sympathy the whole thing would blow up in his face, I think.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I know people are thinking this is all a ruse being carried out by Trump to garner sympathy, but I'm not so sure. With how many Republicans around Trump who have tested positive for COVID, they would have to be faking it too. And with all these people and their staff, that's more people who would have to be in on the ruse.

It's not a shock that a secret becomes harder to keep a secret the more people that know it, and if it got revealed that Trump was never sick and he faked it to gain sympathy the whole thing would blow up in his face, I think.
    I'm not sure many people are thinking this, to be honest. I mean, how likely is Trump to intentionally do anything that makes him appear human, let alone weak/vulnerable, even to garner sympathy?

And he's been really trying to move the conversation away from COVID as much as he can for a long, long time.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post

This is just some derps running wild with conspiracy theories.

He got it and will likely get over it too as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well I put the original on full screen and looked at various points. I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
    bloody hell, you have my deepest sympathy for enduring that

So the piece of shit is pretending to do the literal bare minimum of his job requirement, and wanting praise for it?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So the piece of shit is pretending to do the literal bare minimum of his job requirement, and wanting praise for it?
    Since he was doing nothing except watching Fox News before and tweeting...

Edit: looks like the pictures are publicity stunts taken 5 minutes apart fake news aka propaganda.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-10-04 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Since he was doing nothing except watching Fox News before and tweeting...

Edit: looks like the pictures are publicity stunts taken 5 minutes apart fake news aka propaganda.
    Just heard he's pissed people are poking fun at that.

That’s so smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Senate business must be conducted on the floor, so no they cannot.
    Committee meetings can be conducted wherever they want. Nom is still in committee. They can continue to advance the nom til it passes out of committee (as long as the committee has a quorum).

Here's the daily schedule for the coming days. Note that the 10.6 and 10.7 meetings are not held in the senate chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    bloody hell, you have my deepest sympathy for enduring that
    What, watching Trump choke on his own words over and over? It wasn't that bad

- - - Updated - - -

Trump infected his personal assistant. Or I guess possibly vice versa. Either way, he's positive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Just heard he's pissed people are poking fun at that.
    That tends to happen when you take pictures of yourself signing blank pieces of paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What, watching Trump choke on his own words over and over? It wasn't that bad

- - - Updated - - -

Trump infected his personal assistant. Or I guess possibly vice versa. Either way, he's positive too.
    We have said he infected the republican party he is just doing that literally now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I mean this current situation reads an awful lot like Poe to me.
    So, a spoiled rich kid who becomes leader without any actions or merits of his own watches as a disease ravages the land for six months, then throws a massive party at a location he's personally and recently redecorated to his own tastes (including iron fortifications), and invites all his friends, the disease walks through the door and infects them all?

That's Masque of the Red Death. Poe wrote it in 1842.

Poe nailed Trump's sense of decoration down perfectly, I might add.

The tastes of the duke were peculiar. He had a fine eye for color and effects. He disregarded the "decora" of mere fashion. His plans were bold and fiery, and his conceptions glowed with barbaric lustre. There are some who would have thought him mad. His followers felt that he was not. It was necessary to hear and see and touch him to be sure he was not.
    - - - Updated - - -

Sen. Ron Johnson went to the Ozaukee County Republican Party Oktoberfest Dinner while waiting on his test results.

I’m not sick. I have no symptoms. I certainly didn’t anticipate testing positive, so there was no reason to quarantine.
    -- actual goddam quote