10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Theodore Roosevelt would just walk through Congress and kick the ever loving shit out of every Republican he could find.
    Probably while yelling "What's up, bitches!"

On topic: yet another US top general comes down hard on the idea of the military intervening in an election.

This isn't the first time that someone has suggested that there might be a contested election. And if there is, it'll be handled appropriately by the courts and by the U.S. Congress. There's no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election. Zero. There is no role there.
    -- Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley

Simply put, this is a topic that hasn't come up in a very long time. Only Trump made this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Was Abraham Lincoln a bad guy? Like I don't mean to derail this off the topic of Trump but he's a Republican too.
    Honest question. I'm just curious.

Have you heard of the Party Flip?

Being a conservative doesn't inherently make you a racist. But it also doesn't inherently make you a Republican.

Conservatives have a real choice.

The choice is what do they find less palatable. Liberal and progressives or racists, fascists and religious fundamentalists.

If you align yourself with racists, fascists and religious fanatics, aligned with domestic terrorists...well...you are in turn now all that.

This is the problem with the Republican Party today. It's not Abraham Lincoln's party. It has become the party of the KKK, Neo Nazis, religious fundamentalists, fascists, anarcho capitalists and domestic terrorists. A Republican today isn't aligning himself with Abraham Lincoln. He is aligning himself with the madness of Idiot Twitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Probably while yelling "What's up, bitches!"

On topic: yet another US top general comes down hard on the idea of the military intervening in an election.

-- Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley

Simply put, this is a topic that hasn't come up in a very long time. Only Trump made this happen.
    Let's hope it stays that way.
    Putin khuliyo

Wow. At least Trump used to put in effort with his tweets. These are just...sad.
    The truly sad part is that his supporters will latch onto and spread these around as if they were the most truthful, profound, mind blowing revelations of all time....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    but it's pretty funny to see them rally behind these statements anyhow.
    I used to find it funny. Four years later, after all the shit he's done and he STILL has a completely unphased fan base, I find it more terrifying and telling of the times and how stupid/ gullible people are or can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The truly sad part is that his supporters will latch onto and spread these around as if they were the most truthful, profound, mind blowing revelations of all time....

- - - Updated - - -

I used to find it funny. Four years later, after all the shit he's done and he STILL has a completely unphased fan base, I find it more terrifying and telling of the times and how stupid/ gullible people are or can be.
    They’re exactly what any fanatics are like. Unwavering because, ‘it’s our side, bro!’

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    They’re exactly what any fanatics are like. Unwavering because, ‘it’s our side, bro!’
    And that's what I think terrifies me. Maybe it's because it just wasn't so apparent, but up until recently I never saw either party as "fanatical." I've seen PEOPLE that were, there's always fanatics, but now it's almost like the whole fucking party is that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The Taliban endorses Trump!
    (two days later)

US strikes Taliban in Helmand in defense of Afghan forces

"What's wrong with that?"

Nothing, unless you're trying to negotiate with the Taliban. It's like calling it

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS.
    while trying to work out a trade deal.

Trump, the "great dealmaker", has failed again. Not sorry about Taliban terrorists, fuck those guys. But it's yet another Trump scewup.

Chelsea Clinton had the Secret Service stay at places of business she profited off!!

Got you Trumpers!!!

That’s as a result of when Trump’s grownup kids visited Trump properties, Trump’s firm charged the Secret Service for brokers to come back alongside. The president’s firm billed the U.S. authorities tons of, or hundreds, of {dollars} for rooms brokers used on every journey, because the company generally booked a number of rooms or a multiroom rental cottage on the property

On this approach, Trump’s grownup kids and their households have induced the U.S. authorities to spend not less than $238,000 at Trump properties to date, in response to Secret Service data obtained by The Washington Publish.
    If my Fake headline was true, how many Trumpkins would be replying and and filibustering this thread. Too bad they don't care that a conman and criminal let his children and himself steal money from the taxpayers.

Thanks for being so hateful and so bigoted that you elected a criminal who steals our taxpayer money to line his pocket.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's quite the self-own, from Donald Trump:

So . . . he's blaming Obama and Biden for him being president . . . which would only be a bad thing if Trump were a bad president. I mean, if we take the premise, that Obama and Biden are responsible for Trump being President as true, then wouldn't Trump and his ilk be thanking them and not blaming them? Blaming means something bad happened as a result, that bad thing being Trump's presidency.

Also . . . given today's Tweetstorm from Agolf Twitler, I think he's still hitting the COVID drugs hard.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

So . . . he's blaming Obama and Biden for him being president . . . which would only be a bad thing if Trump were a bad president. I mean, if we take the premise, that Obama and Biden are responsible for Trump being President as true, then wouldn't Trump and his ilk be thanking them and not blaming them? Blaming means something bad happened as a result, that bad thing being Trump's presidency.

Also . . . given today's Tweetstorm from Agolf Twitler, I think he's still hitting the COVID drugs hard.
    "Those guys might screw things up so badly somebody like ME could become president, so vote for somebody like ME instead."

Brilliant.
    /s

Finally he speaks the truth. They didn't do well enough job to ensure that sociopath fascists such as Trump can't take over the government, with the help of fanatical cult base. Now, is it fair to blame them, since they didn't know to expect something such as this happening? Probably not. Although, there were definite signs of rights complete and terminal radicalization during Obamas first term already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Team Trump has a plan to win back seniors, a group they're currently losing to Biden and, well, death.

"Ah, clearly an announced policy that will--"

Nope.

"Another shot at the $200 gift cards using leftov--"

Nope.

"Um...YouTube ads? Ugh, even I know that's wrong."

Focus group tested advertising on how well Trump handled the lethal outbreak.

"Aren't seniors voting against Trump because he c--"

You're seeing really good, really strong advertising that we're out of the box with this week that has tremendous appeal to seniors.

We know that, it's been tested, test off the charts, messaging that seniors want to see and it's being delivered to them. So whatever perceived slippage you're seeing in your numbers among seniors, I'm absolutely certain that it will be addressed.
    "So...Trump's new campaign manager, the one that didn't try to beat his wife thn kill himself, claims they can make up 20 points in under a month?"

Yes.

"I mean...with enough science and facts, I guess--"

The first ad, "Carefully," defends Trump's handling of COVID-19 — a key concern for older voters. The ad features a clip of the government's top infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci saying, "I can't imagine that ... anybody could be doing more." (Fauci has said that the campaign took his words out of context and that he didn't consent to appearing in the ad.)
    "So Trump's attempt to get back the senior vote he lost by lying is to...keep lying."

Correct. And of course, any ad Trump airs that lies, Biden can release two that tell the truth, and Biden will have more money left over. I have no idea how this approach has any chance of working at all. But Trump is 20 points behind with seniors, and clearly, trying something ridiculous and risky is better than sitting there and losing.

The good news for Trump? At least all those tweets and FB posts he's having struck down because they're false and dangerous won't affect seniors much.

- - - Updated - - -

he's blaming Obama and Biden for him being president
    I see your approach and raise you "Trump is objectively doing worse than Obama and Biden in everything except judge appointments, wife beating, and WH members being hauled off in handcuffs."

- - - Updated - - -

In the ongoing...uh...fuck it. An Army base training ground in Colorado is now on fire, due to a wildfire that started nearby and spread.

So...are we giving the soldiers rakes now? Or just admitting wildfires are a problem and should be taken more seriously than a TV game show host has been?

- - - Updated - - -

WHO calls the "herd immunity" approach "simply unethical".

Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of response really bugs me, though, because herd immunity includes vaccinations. Our goal with measles, for example, is a herd immunity approach in a very real sense. It would be far better for them to refer to it as a "herd immunity strictly through recovery alone" approach, but that's a mouthful.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Seems obvious. Who even needs pointing out that knowingly letting people get infected and die is unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This kind of response really bugs me, though, because herd immunity includes vaccinations. Our goal with measles, for example, is a herd immunity approach in a very real sense. It would be far better for them to refer to it as a "herd immunity strictly through recovery alone" approach, but that's a mouthful.
    Sigh, you know what they meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think it's more them not wanting to get bogged down with what is or isn't herd immunity and just cutting to the point of "Trump/BoJo's approaches suck".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just unethical. It might not even be possible. We don't know how long antibodies persist. Some people tested negative for antibodies within weeks of being infected.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...e-spain-2020-7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Seems obvious. Who even needs pointing out that knowingly letting people get infected and die is unethical?
    People who vote for Trump.

And also Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just unethical. It might not even be possible.
    The WHO said that, too.

The WHO said that, too.
    What did the WHO say? How did they say it and when?

Sorry, dad jokes.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Was Abraham Lincoln a bad guy? Like I don't mean to derail this off the topic of Trump but he's a Republican too.
    I always like to address this disingenuous comparison by asking this question: Was Lincoln a conservative, or a progressive, for his time?

Hint: Abolitionists were all Republican, and the Confederacy was made up of Democrats.

The parties have switched their ideological alignments, but Lincoln is on the side of progressives, not on the side of someone like Trump.