10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Whoa whoa whoa! This isn't a criminal charge, this is defamation! Why are you calling it a rape case?"
    Trying to match Trump DNA to the spunk he left after his rape, is part of the trial. They literally have a dress...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trying to match Trump DNA to the spunk he left after his rape, is part of the trial. They literally have a dress...
    Indeed. I just wanted to make sure that the usual deflection/handwaving attempts were dealt with.

Federal court blocks DoJ from acting as Trump's personal lawyer in the Donald Trump rape case that's currently in the courts.

Almost seems moot, Trump could be out in a couple months anyhow, but in the Donald Trump rape case the judge said that Trump wasn't acting in an official government capacity when he either raped a woman or when he lied about it.

"Whoa whoa whoa! This isn't a criminal charge, this is defamation! Why are you calling it a rape case?"

Well, what did the accuser say?

"Well, she said Donald Trump raped her."

And there you go.

"Okay but this is actually a defamation case, not a criminal rape charge. The issue is Trump said he didn't rape her, and she's suing because she says that's false."

Um...you do realize that's just making my point, right?

While Donald Trump raped her in the 1990s, the allegations were raised in July 2019. Trump denied it, which admittedly he would do innocent or guilty, and the accuser then sued him for lying -- which he did far more recently. Trump has been trying to crush the case with the DoJ and that's come up a lot, hasn't it @cubby ? But apparently now, he will no longer have that option.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump had another tweet flagged for misinformation. Yes, it was about mailed ballots being fraud again.
    Keep in mind that a hate trump with every fiber of my being, but it does seem kinda odd that you can be sued simply for denying a criminal allegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Keep in mind that a hate trump with every fiber of my being, but it does seem kinda odd that you can be sued simply for denying a criminal allegation?
    Because it's not just the denial. If he simply said it never happened this wouldn't be a thing.

It was that he lied about her, accusing her of making up the story in order to sell books. That's what the lawsuit is over, the defamation against her character.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Trump. Do you really think he just denied it? Or do you think he want on a tirade about how she's a *insert slew of insults here*.

Found something:

The suit also cites various statements Trump made in response to Carroll, including as Mother Jones noted at the time, the president’s insinuation that Carroll was too ugly to assault. “Indeed, Trump often responds to claims that he has behaved inappropriately by simultaneously attacking the individual’s credibility and attractiveness,” the complaint read.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it's not just the denial. If he simply said it never happened this wouldn't be a thing.

It was that he lied about her, accusing her of making up the story in order to sell books. That's what the lawsuit is over, the defamation against her character.
    ok got it that makes more sense, sorry its hard to keep up to date on every branch of this ever expanding shitshow of a presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Trump settles out of court and as part of it, both parties cannot discuss the settlement, the NDA. Trump as president, then violated the NDA, by calling her an ugly liar. As a result, Trump is in court for violating his own NDA. The NDA was there to protect Trump from being a convicted rapist, which is also why his DNA is back in court.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Because Trump settles out of court and as part of it, both parties cannot discuss the settlement, the NDA. Trump as president, then violated the NDA, by calling her an ugly liar. As a result, Trump is in court for violating his own NDA. The NDA was there to protect Trump from being a convicted rapist, which is also why his DNA is back in court.
    Yeah, but is his DNA under NDA as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok got it that makes more sense, sorry its hard to keep up to date on every branch of this ever expanding shitshow of a presidency.
    Oh totally... just remember, the reason why Trump claims he doesn’t lose in court often, is because he pays people off to settle, which result in NDAs. Trump has a lot of them... no one really knows how many...

10+ Year Old Account
    Presented without further comment, except bolding for emphasis.

White House science office says Trump ended COVID pandemic as US hits record cases

The White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as the top accomplishment of President Trump's first term, even as the U.S. has set records for new daily infections and numerous hospitals across the country are stretched to their breaking points.

According to a press release intending to highlight the administration's science accomplishments, the Trump administration said it "has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease."

The rosy outlook flies in the face of reality, and underscores the efforts of Trump to continuously try to downplay the severity of the pandemic that continues to rage nearly uncontrolled across the country.
    Right, you know what that means. It's 24-hour challenge time! I won't give the list of names, it keeps changing because they keep getting banned for...being themselves. But you know who you are.

Explain, specifically, how the pandemic is over.

Or, admit Trump lied.

If you don't answer in the usual 24 hours, you continue the chain you've been forging. And I get to answer for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but is his DNA under NDA as well?
    No, it’s actually a new development. She wore the dress for the first time since the incident and noticed the stain. Trump settled without the DNA evidence...

No, it’s actually a new development. She wore the dress for the first time since the incident and noticed the stain. Trump settled without the DNA evidence...
    It was a joke since DNA and NDA share the same letters in the acronyms : 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump admits defeat on stimulus deal.

Nancy Pelosi is only interested in bailing out badly-run, crime-ridden Democrat cities and states. That’s all she is interested in. She is not interested in helping the people.

After the election, we will get the best stimulus package you have ever seen. I think we are going to take back the House because of her
    That's the sort of thing I would say, if I couldn't make a deal and wanted to blame the people who could. Trump is now solely responsible for the lack of a relief bill. He's the one that gave up, and did it on purpose in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke since DNA and NDA share the same letters in the acronyms : 3
    Damn it... I just drove to vote and people are annoying... my funny bone is in need of repair... although, I did realize that it’s not everyone else driving like maniacs, I think it was me... so... fucking... slow...

Edit: I am not going to say who I voted for, because that is a secret and no one can ever figure out. I did write in Bob Dole twice for uncontested seats... was going to do more, but it was a waste of time.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-27 at 08:20 PM.

White House science office says Trump ended COVID pandemic as US hits record cases

Right, you know what that means. It's 24-hour challenge time! I won't give the list of names, it keeps changing because they keep getting banned for...being themselves. But you know who you are.

Or, admit Trump lied.

If you don't answer in the usual 24 hours, you continue the chain you've been forging. And I get to answer for you.
    That's even crazier than the claim made by the North Korean government that Kim Jong Il made 18 holes in one the first time he played golf.

10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo has a letter signed by 20 former AGs, saying Trump is a threat to the rule of law.

He has politicized the Justice Department, dictating its priorities along political lines and breaking down the barrier that prior administrations had maintained between political and prosecutorial decision making
    "I suppose they're all Democrats?"

Close. They're all Republicans.

Or, admit Trump lied.

Well shit, why stop at ending COVID? Didn't he also end world hunger? Brought about world peace? Cured the common cold? Solved cold fusion?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Well shit, why stop at ending COVID? Didn't he also end world hunger? Brought about world peace? Cured the common cold? Solved cold fusion?
    We misunderstood he stopped COVID spring/summer.

We are now starting COVID fall/winter.

and they are going to eat up his bullshit.

Trump loves the troops!

Trump's former VA director tweeting out this story from
    @
    Stripes
    : "Senate Democrats claim Trump’s 2018 veteran suicide prevention order was never implemented

So this is from Trump's own former VA director.

This is really important. Veterans have the highest rate of suicide in the first year after discharge from service. That’s why we wanted every service member to have mental health coverage upon leaving the military.

I know, I know. Deepstate. Everyone hates Trump, blah, blah.

https://www.stripes.com/news/veteran...ented-1.650023

From Stars and Stripes article. Support the Troops!

- - - Updated - - -

Trump loves the troops!

Trump's former VA director tweeting out this story from
    @
    Stripes
    : "Senate Democrats claim Trump’s 2018 veteran suicide prevention order was never implemented

So this is from Trump's own former VA director.

This is really important. Veterans have the highest rate of suicide in the first year after discharge from service. That’s why we wanted every service member to have mental health coverage upon leaving the military.

I know, I know. Deepstate. Everyone hates Trump, blah, blah.

https://www.stripes.com/news/veteran...ented-1.650023

From Stars and Stripes article. Support the Troops!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Pfft, you act like he promised to cure cancer and AIDS.

Oh shit he totally did that. Nevermind.