Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Both JH and NYTimes say this is the highest 7-day average of cases we've ever had ever ever.
    Worldometers as well. The last peak was just under 70k back in July. Now we're at just over 75k and climbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Worldometers as well. The last peak was just under 70k back in July. Now we're at just over 75k and climbing.
    The most new deaths/per capita, in order:
    Montana
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Idaho
    Wisconsin
    Kansas
    Iowa
    South Carolina
    Mississippi
    Arkansas

NY and techincally NJ are the lowest ten states, but only because DC and PR aren't states.

- - - Updated - - -

This headline is uniquely Trumpian.

Space Force's second-in-command tests positive for coronavirus

Ray had met with members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, including Chairman Mark Milley, on Oct. 2, and reported experiencing mild symptoms that weekend prior to his positive test.

On Oct. 7, the Marine Corps announced that its assistant commandant, Gen. Gary Thomas, had contracted the infection. Thomas had attended the Joint Chiefs meeting at the Pentagon in place of Marine Corps Commandant Gen. David Berger, who was traveling at the time.

Last week, The Associated Press reported that members of the joint chiefs were told that they could return to the Pentagon to work in accordance with CDC guidelines and after the members had multiple negative COVID-19 tests.

I knew people never read the whole thing...

Space Force's No. 2 officer tests positive for Covid-19--I had a joke lined up for this but decided it was shit.
    :P

:P
    Only @Breccia

On topic, I’d hoped that this last weekend’s numbers where somehow due to more testing being done, so we were getting more numbers vs having a correction on Tuesday, but it’s looking more and more like my prediction might be more correct than I thought. Given today’s numbers, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect numbers approaching 100k Friday/Saturday, probably somewhere in the 95-100k range =\

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Only @Breccia

On topic, I’d hoped that this last weekend’s numbers where somehow due to more testing being done, so we were getting more numbers vs having a correction on Tuesday, but it’s looking more and more like my prediction might be more correct than I thought. Given today’s numbers, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect numbers approaching 100k Friday/Saturday, probably somewhere in the 95-100k range =\
    Testing has gone up in a lot of areas. The thing to look for is positivity. Positivity increasing even as testing increases is really, really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only @Breccia
    Hey, I've had this happen to me twice today alone. Cut me some slack :P

- - - Updated - - -

Testing has gone up in a lot of areas. The thing to look for is positivity.
    It's going up.

So are hospitalizations.

So are deaths.

In the last few days I've cited each of those multiple times. We are not rounding the corner.

Testing has gone up in a lot of areas. The thing to look for is positivity. Positivity increasing even as testing increases is really, really bad.
    Yeah, I understand that, I guess I meant I hoped more reporting was being done due to labs staying open due to the spike in cases. Idk the whole process, but whatever the reason is for weekends to be lower, I thought maybe places were staying open due to the spike. Also I’m tired, so forgive my tired brain for not properly explaining my point.

But anyway, given that numbers STILL spiking after the weekend lul, it seems Saturday/Sunday/Monday were just higher because there are that many more cases.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-10-29 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Can’t type

I'm just glad that CT (minus Monday, where they report the whole weekend) had been consistently off the list.

We just upgraded our entire state to a red zone with a transmission rate over 4%.

We're all fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Related news:

Space Force's No. 2 officer tests positive for Covid-19--I had a joke lined up for this but decided it was shit.
    'There's no way to sugarcoat it': COVID-19 cases are surging; one American dies every 107 seconds--Emphasized for HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
    Hospitals in Wisconsin, Texas under strain as COVID-19 cases surge --We already knew Wisconsin was starting to feel the pinch; now Texas is starting to hurt already.

Stay safe, folks.
    Florida just hit 8,000 excess deaths they have not related to covid...lol...i guess people are just dropping dead in florida from, air?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Jesus...the total number and the daily numbers are already staggering enough but put in that context...

I just don't even really have words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Florida just hit 8,000 excess deaths they have not related to covid...lol...i guess people are just dropping dead in florida from, air?
    Yup, I pretty much gave up trying to explain what's going on in Florida because it's been increasingly obvious that DeathSantis is covering up a lot. All of a sudden their death totals have pretty much halved (or more) which is completely contrary to what's been going on there in terms of cases, positivity and hospitalizations.

Fuck Florida.
    (Resident posters excepted.)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I've had this happen to me twice today alone. Cut me some slack :P
    I know; I was just giving you a hard time. I see this happen every day to multiple posters. I'm sure I've been guilty of it myself. Shit moves fast in these threads lately.

Yup, I pretty much gave up trying to explain what's going on in Florida because it's been increasingly obvious that DeathSantis is covering up a lot. All of a sudden their their death totals have pretty much halved (or more) which is completely contrary to what's been going on there in terms of cases, positivity and hospitalizations.

Fuck Florida.
    (Resident posters excepted.)
    If Floridians re-elect him in 2 years (if he's not feeling gutsy enough to be considering a presidential run), then I desperately hope that people with a brain find some way to flee that state.

It's genuinely shocking to me how he's not universally seen as the fucking Grim Reaper in Florida.

But anyway, given that numbers STILL spiking after the weekend lul, it seems Saturday/Sunday/Monday were just higher because there are that many more cases.
    The last time we had a huge spike in numbers (in July) it went this way as well...weekend totals suddenly started spiking much higher than the weekday totals. I honestly don't know if it's because testing centers were staying open to compensate or because the most cases genuinely were happening on the weekend despite closures. In either case more hands are needed on deck.

Also, be careful writing "lul" unless you're speaking Dutch and insulting someone. It's "lull".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If Floridians re-elect him in 2 years (if he's not feeling gutsy enough to be considering a presidential run), then I desperately hope that people with a brain find some way to flee that state.

It's genuinely shocking to me how he's not universally seen as the fucking Grim Reaper in Florida.
    Honestly if they ever do an investigation into how bad things are in Florida and WHY then I think he'd be lucky to escape with his life. At the very least Mee-maw and Pop-pop might want to start looking for other places to spend their retirement.

for those that do have a TV in the background, anyone find some of these anti-Trump ads ridiculous? The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    for those that do have a TV in the background, anyone find some of these anti-Trump ads ridiculous? The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.
    I mean if it wasn't evident that Trump cares fuck all for the American people in general before 2020, is certainly evident now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

How is it "ridiculous" to point out that Trump absolutely does NOT have the interests of the people at heart when he has spent the last 3+ years proving as much?

Oh wait, you're the guy from the General Election thread living in an alternate reality. I forgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait, you're the guy from the General Election thread living in an alternate reality. I forgot.
    They're the guy who wants to put autistic people in concentration camps.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

How is it "ridiculous" to point out that Trump absolutely does NOT have the interests of the people at heart when he has spent the last 3+ years proving as much?

because it all but implies Trump isn't so much a president as much as a dictator. I thought there was something about swearing an oath to your country as an American president. So a guy that only cares about himself coming into office seems pretty outlandish

The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.
    Of course that's not one of Trump's interests. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it all but implies Trump isn't so much a president as much as a dictator.
    Yes.

I thought there was something about swearing an oath to your country as an American president.
    Words are cheap. So is trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.