10+ Year Old Account
    McConnell confirms what we already suspected" the US needs another relief bill and he just doesn't want to do it.

Specifically, he's put off any bill till 2021 because it's just not a priority for the Party of Trump.

Also, Trump's plan on the subject is "we'll just win back the House".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    McConnell confirms what we already suspected" the US needs another relief bill and he just doesn't want to do it.

Specifically, he's put off any bill till 2021 because it's just not a priority for the Party of Trump.

A party that can't even negotiate with itself.

Fucking pathetic.

5+ Year Old Account

I figured out what his skin darkening was. He just forgot to put make up on his hands to hide that he is actually a dread lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I figured out what his skin darkening was. He just forgot to put make up on his hands to hide that he is actually a dread lord.
    Dude don't spread conspiracy theories like that, it's pretty obvious he's a zombie and is just decomposing. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Y’all better sit down before @Benggaul’s COVID summary tonight. Unless somehow states don’t report any more cases with several hours left in the reporting day, which should add at least 6K more cases from just 2 states... we are already at 91k(Edit: 91.6K, updated while typing this)
    Yeah, we are looking likely to hit 100,000 new cases today.

Fuck. I had just talked about this last night with my father; I had commented that with how high the new cases were yesterday, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw 100k cases in one day within a week. I didn't expect it to be the next day!

The press needs to be hammering Trump over this and ask how he can keep insisting COVID is going away when cases are surging all over the country aside from sheer denial.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

2021, days in, when they lose their majority, the ability of filibuster and cloture, and can't do anything to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Dude don't spread conspiracy theories like that, it's pretty obvious he's a zombie and is just decomposing. /s
    No that explains it.

There's a robot in there somewhere moving the squishy bits around, and the last 4 years have been a livestream of Twitch Chat Plays POTUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Learn from QAnon, use existing conspiracy, to justify your own. It’s lizard people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yeah, most of you have already seen it, but...

101,461 new cases; roughly 20k more than last Friday. Another day, another new record.

Illinois: 7,164 new cases (new record); 49 deaths
    Texas: 6,819 new cases; 105 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Wisconsin: 5,096 new cases; 24 deaths
    California: 4,889 new cases; 56 deaths
    Ohio: 3,826 new cases (new record); 16 deaths
    Michigan: 3,345 new cases; 12 deaths
    Indiana: 3,163 new cases; 26 deaths
    Minnesota: 3,154 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    Kansas: 2,877 new cases (new record); 20 deaths
    Iowa: 2,823 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,809 new cases; 49 deaths
    Missouri: 2,794 new cases; 30 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,608 new cases; 78 deaths (new record)
    Pennsylvania: 2,499 new cases (new record*); 30 deaths
    Colorado: 2,412 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    New York: 2,301 new cases; 12 deaths
    Utah: 2,292 new cases (new record); 3 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,036 new cases; 6 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,937 new cases (new record); 15 deaths
    Massachusetts: 1,582 new cases; 24 deaths
    Arizona: 1,565 new cases; 16 deaths
    South Dakota: 1,559 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Nebraska: 1,495 new cases; 9 deaths
    Virginia: 1,456 new cases; 7 deaths
    Georgia: 1,377 new cases; 32 deaths
    North Dakota: 1,353 new cases (new record); 13 deaths
    Alabama: 1,347 new cases; 18 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,302 new cases; 20 deaths
    Nevada: 1,232 new cases; 8 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,162 new cases; 6 deaths
    Washington: 1,102 new cases; 4 deaths
    Idaho: 1,064 new cases; 11 deaths
    Montana: 1,063 new cases (new record); 27 deaths (new record)
    New Mexico: 1,005 new cases; 13 deaths (new record)
    South Carolina: 1,003 new cases; 7 deaths

I may need to consider raising my threshold. That's 36 states over 1k and several are getting close. Montana is on there for the first time ever. Wyoming is halfway there. I might consider putting in the totals for Florida again even though they're undoubtedly false simply because they're back to admitting to numbers as high as they had in mid-to-late August. I've removed the asterisk from Iowa's record because they've now eclipsed their previous record even if you're counting the huge correction day. I've added an asterisk to Pennsylvania's because technically they had one day with higher numbers but it was a combination of two days' data.

I mean, what's to say? Shit is fucked. There's very little change from yesterday and outbreaks are running rampant throughout the bulk of the country. We're now a little under 20k higher than our previous peak back in the Summer and there doesn't appear to be any sense that it'll be stopping soon. Even if only 1% of cases are bad enough to be sent to the hospital that's still a thousand people a day--those resources are going to get stretched thin quickly, especially in more rural areas with less healthcare coverage. Trump's incompetence will kill a lot of people--again. And this time a lot of them are going to be his base. For some their last act before getting sick will be going to the polling stations on Tuesday to cast their vote for their own murderer.

988 is nearly a hundred more than last week and increases the total to 235,159. I expect it will be over 1k next Friday as the increase in cases from a couple weeks past starts bearing rotten fruit. As bad as this increase in cases is, the end result in the coming week(s) will be far more horrible. Texas hit 100 deaths again, a few states hit new records. More than half the states in the union have been reporting double-digit death totals nearly daily and that will only get worse as time goes on.

Related news:

Donald Trump Jr. says recent COVID-19 deaths are 'almost nothing.' More than 20K people died this month.--I posted this earlier in passing, but it bears repeating. That family are all remorseless, selfish assholes.
    Coronavirus updates: US hits 9 million cases, faster than one per second--In the time it took you to read this report, if you read all of it, probably 50-100 more people contracted COVID-19.
    COVID-19 Antibodies May Last Longer Than Researchers Thought--Because, again, we could use some good news.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-31 at 02:29 AM.

That can't be right, Trump said the pandemic was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    snip
    Read it all. That second to last thing 100 people now have covid reading your post really puts it into context. so sad. Donald Trump Jr is 0 steps removed from Kevin Bacon I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    101,461 new cases
    Well as long as--

988 is nearly a hundred more than last wee
    Son of a $130,000 whore.

trump's run might very well end soon, so I feel like asking what you guys feel he did better than Obama, his predecessor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    trump's run might very well end soon, so I feel like asking what you guys feel he did better than Obama, his predecessor
    Jack shit.

Though ironically, Trump may well be the best thing to have happened for the Democratic party in a while if the election on Tuesday ends up following the polls and a blue tsunami occurs. Possibly two wave elections in a row in Democrats favor thanks to Trumps sheer incompetence and corruption.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

He pandered to white supremacists much better than Obama did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazis... definitely the Nazis...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump says the US is rounding the curve on COVID.

"You and like fifty people already posted that."

He said it again today in Wisconsin.

Ask @Benggaul how Wisconsin's doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He pandered to white supremacists much better than Obama did.
    Oh please... how can you even understand he is pandering, when he speaks gibberish?

Nothing, other than show that there is a lot more racist people in this country that I thought.

i mean, doesn't it bother any of you through word of mouth trump will go down in history as probably the most controversial (and in a bad way) figure in US leader history, ecplising richard nixon? Normally leaders like to step out of office and leave behind an admirable legacy.