10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Steve Bannon perma banned from twitter for the head on spike thing.
    yay

Facebook is still really cool with him though. <not surprised>
    Government Affiliated Snark

look dan crenshaw isnt a nazi, this is one thing in the future no matter how hard it is i understand, dan crenshaw is a trump enabler, but hes not a nazi, nick fuentes definitely is a nazi, but dan crenshaw did some things you would find suprising, he voted against border wall funding, he voted to stop trump from giving saudi more support without congress, theres lots of things he did that werent 100% loyal to trump which is why fuentes is triggered at him

- - - Updated - - -

everyone " the political polls were all wrong"
    political polls on twitter https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/...09222970515457
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-11-06 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    118,204* new cases; roughly 26k more than last Thursday and a new national record. Missouri did not report yet (sometimes they and Nebraska are squirrely about reporting on time) and they've had 3k+ the past two days, so in reality we probably passed the 120k mark today.

Yes. That's a lot of records. No, that's not all of them. Wyoming, for example, still hasn't made my list but set a new record today putting them 3/4 of the way there. New York has hit 3k for the first time since mid-May. Florida is admitting to over 6k again for the first time since the last outbreak in the Summer. Many of these records are a HUGE jump over previous ones. "Exponential" may not be technically mathematically correct here but that's the sense you'd get if you plotted this data on a graph. Positivity is increasing in the vast majority of the nation (some states way, way worse than others) and tomorrow will almost certainly see us break 120k officially (again, I feel we've broken it today given Missouri's numbers of the past week but don't want to doctor the numbers myself and create confusion).

Next week we'll be seeing the numbers increase again, no doubt, since the current trends show no sign of slowing and Election Day surges will no doubt be a thing--particularly in TRUMP SHITSHOW country. In the meantime brace yourselves for tomorrow because all indicators point to it being the third day in a row the national record is broken.

1,125 deaths (not including Missouri which could easily tack on another 30-50) is a little under a hundred more than last Thursday and raises the total to 240,953. The 7-day average continues climbing. 31 states had double-digit death totals but Texas topped the list again with 3 digits. This week has been bad. Next week will be worse. 1,500-days might be in the near-future.

Stay safe, folks.
    Wonderful my father picked a great time to be in rehab for 6 weeks....sigh. few more days and my state will prob shut down visitation to those sites again
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this goes in this thread, because it's about Trump's general behavior more than the election itself. Kind of a tossup.

Republicans rebuke Trump over baseless election claims

In televised remarks on Thursday evening. the president provided no evidence for his claim that widespread voter fraud has caused his initial lead in the presidential race to slip away. He also pledged to continue fighting to have ballots thrown out in the courts.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: "We heard nothing today about any evidence. This kind of thing, all it does is inflame without informing. And we cannot permit inflammation without information."

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah): "Counting every vote is at the heart of Democracy. That process is often hard and, for those running, frustrating. The votes will be counted. If there are irregularities alleged, they will be investigated and ultimately resolved in the courts. Have faith in democracy, in our Constitution, and in the American people."

Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): "No Republican should be okay with the President's statements just now. Unacceptable. Period."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R): "There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process. America is counting the votes, and we must respect the results as we always have before. No election or person is more important than our Democracy."

Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas): "A sitting president undermining our political process & questioning the legality of the voices of countless Americans without evidence is not only dangerous & wrong, it undermines the very foundation this nation was built upon. Every American should have his or her vote counted."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.): "We want every vote counted, yes every legal vote (of course). But, if you have legit concerns about fraud present EVIDENCE and take it to court. STOP Spreading debunked misinformation... This is getting insane."

Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.): "Like [Rep. Kinzinger], I took an oath to defend this country and fight for the democratic ideals it stands for. Count every vote, yes, but stop the Bravo Sierra, Mr. President, and respect the democratic process that makes America great."

Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-Mich.): "Every legal vote should and will be counted — as they always are. Where there are issues there are ways to address them. If anyone has proof of wrongdoing, it should be presented and resolved. Anything less harms the integrity of our elections and is dangerous for our democracy."

Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R): "With his remarks from the White House tonight, the President disrespected every single American who figured out a way to safely vote amid a pandemic that has taken 235,000 lives. Not to mention those who are dutifully counting that vote. Absolutely shameful. Yet so predictable."

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer: "I haven't seen any evidence of it. And again, I don't think it helps his case ... If he sees an instance in Pennsylvania or Nevada and this particular thing happened, then call it out. ... But saying voter fraud ... You can't just throw a term out that without being specific."

19 former U.S. attorneys, all of whom served under Republican presidents, said in a statement: “We hereby call upon the president to patiently and respectfully allow the lawful vote-counting process to continue, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, and to avoid any further comments or other actions which can serve only to undermine our democracy."

Vice President Mike Pence, who did not appear with Trump at Thursday's televised briefing, tweeted, "I Stand With President [Trump]. We must count every LEGAL vote."

Its good that they have said that but where were they the last 4 years when Trump was sprouting his nonsense?

It's a bit bizarre to me to post a comedian's late night video here, but Stephen Colbert sounded like a West Wing character in this monologue.

And like the West Wing, there's that hopeful idealism where he asks all Republicans to repudiate Trump....when we all know they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Steve Bannon perma banned from twitter for the head on spike thing.
    Waiting for Don Jr. "total war" ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Damn, I'm really wondering when the lockdowns will start up again.

If people start traveling for the holidays with these active rates...
    They will. Because REASONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Its good that they have said that but where were they the last 4 years when Trump was sprouting his nonsense?
    Clutching their pearls at the occassional tweet, then voting with everything he asked for.

I said over and over, the only chance the Republicans had was to be the Party of Trump. They couldn't win without his rabid fanbase.

(points at other thread)

And I was right.

A) It's still hypocrisy if you end up doing the right thing.

B) It's just words until they actually stop something he does.

van jones made a plea to mcconell, you already kept the senate, you have the scotus, yoo gained in the house, just dump trump for the sake of democracy..

I'm nervous for how much worse the shit show gets over the next two months now that he has lost the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I'm nervous for how much worse the shit show gets over the next two months now that he has lost the election.
    What's he going to do, nuke iran? There's not really much he can do that's worse than what he's not doing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What's he going to do, nuke iran? There's not really much he can do that's worse than what he's not doing right now.
    Further dismantling of institutions. Also looting as much as he can by visiting his own hotels/golf courses with as many people as possible to drive up the bar tab.

It's a good day.

It's Friday.

I made myself a sausage egg and cheese on french toast and it's wonderful.

The weekend officially starts tonight.

A new episode of the Mandalorian.

The red team in Georgia has once again choked at the very end and Trump is 100% on his way to losing the election by EC and Popular Vote

10+ Year Old Account
    So how will we be retiring this thread come Jan 20th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So how will we be retiring this thread come Jan 20th?
    They need to perma pin it to the top.
    And move it back to the /gen-ot where it first started.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd say keep it open. It isn't like Trump is going to go away, and the thread title at least doesn't make it specific to his actions as president.
    Plus there's the dozens of lawsuits coming his way and his likely attempt at running through the airport to escape authorities.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    his likely attempt at running through the airport to escape authorities.
    I'm actually a bit curious what will happen with this. Will SS let him leave the country when it's so obvious he's a flight risk and is going to be facing prosecution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm actually a bit curious what will happen with this. Will SS let him leave the country when it's so obvious he's a flight risk and is going to be facing prosecution?
    he'll just go on a "diplomatic visit" to russia & not come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can Trump run?
    He can always golfcart away