10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, shit. It's not even 2pm PST and we're already at 100k new cases today.
    Saw some estimating 150,000 cases today. And that in two weeks we'll be hoping for 'only' 150,000 cases in a day.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

So on January 21, we have:

HEROES
    Paris Accords
    WHO membership
    Revoking ~300 Executive Orders
    Cabinet appointments

Then, within the first 100 days, we have:

ACA 2.0, now with new-and-improved public option
    New Tax Plan
    Infrastructure Plan

Anything I'm missing?

Much if this is contingent on GA runoffs, but HEROES and infrastructure should be doable on a bipartisan basis without Trump mucking it up, there is plenty of common ground there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Saw some estimating 150,000 cases today.
    That...that can't be right. That's too sharp of an increase.

I'm expecting 125-130k.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a tweet from Chris Hayes, so take it with a grain of salt. That being said, as awful as things have been getting over the last few days, I'm bracing for it to get worse.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm expecting 125-130k.
    Eh 150k is way too high for today. 150-160k for next week Thursday/Friday. For today, it’s likely to be 130k+. We’re at ~109k right now and I’m estimating at least 18k from the states that haven’t reported yet, plus we’ll likely get some updated numbers from others.

Edit: in other news, someone in my neighborhood tested positive, assumed from work prior to Halloween. If you remember, I shared that they decided to do Halloween in my neighborhood with 95% not wearing masks, and gathering together, probably close to 100 people, to talk etc. IIRC, the person in question was not one of those wearing a mask.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-11-06 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We passed 10 million total cases of COVID today in the US since the start of the pandemic with 123,000 new cases today so far and 5 hours and 15 minutes until the end of the day to go.

Guys, I think I just solved the national debt problem.

Set up a livestream and charge admission to this:

Report: Trump Plans to Barricade Himself in the Oval Office and Refuse to Come Out If Biden Wins

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I think I just solved the national debt problem.

Set up a livestream and charge admission to this:

Report: Trump Plans to Barricade Himself in the Oval Office and Refuse to Come Out If Biden Wins
    Any bets on Trump trying to get the Secret Service to shoot on site after Biden is sworn in? Anyone?

I'm hoping we tar and feather Trump's ass while he's dragged out of the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Any bets on Trump trying to get the Secret Service to shoot on site after Biden is sworn in? Anyone?

I'm hoping we tar and feather Trump's ass while he's dragged out of the White House.
    Well, the white house will need a deep clean and disinfecting after the covid super spreading that's been going on in there once Trump leaves and before Biden enters.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post

He'll put up exactly as much of a fight as he thinks he has to, in order to sell the notion that he believes the election was rigged. Maybe he even does believe it on some level, but the man is fundamentally a coward so there will be no need. When it's time for him to go he'll do it in whatever way he thinks best serves his image.

So, I was counting on there being a 26-27k increase over last week's numbers today. *sigh*

132,540 new cases; about 31k more than last Friday and another new national record.

Illinois: 10,578 new cases (new record); 84 deaths
    Texas: 9,239 new cases; 124 deaths
    California: 6,645 new cases; 75 deaths
    Wisconsin: 6,141 new cases (new record); 62 deaths
    Minnesota: 5,442 new cases (new record); 36 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Ohio: 4,997 new cases (new record); 32 deaths
    Kansas: 4,726 new cases (new record); 79 deaths (new record)
    Indiana: 4,647 new cases (new record); 36 deaths
    Michigan: 4,246 new cases; 47 deaths
    Missouri: 4,105 new cases; 15 deaths (no new record for cases today but yesterday's numbers finally came through and they set one then)
    Pennsylvania: 3,648 new cases (new record); 44 deaths
    Colorado: 3,463 new cases (new record); 23 deaths
    New York: 3,240 new cases; 17 deaths
    Iowa: 3,133 new cases; 14 deaths
    Utah: 2,987 new cases (new record); 17 deaths (new record)
    North Carolina: 2,908 new cases (new record); 34 deaths
    Georgia: 2,802 new cases; 30 deaths
    Nebraska: 2,681 new cases (new record); 27 deaths (new record)
    Kentucky: 2,228 new cases; 10 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,147 new cases; 10 deaths
    Massachusetts: 2,113 new cases; 21 deaths
    Arizona: 1,996 new cases; 22 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,878 new cases; 16 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,870 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    North Dakota: 1,765 new cases (new record); 17 deaths
    Washington: 1,660 new cases; 13 deaths
    Virginia: 1,568 new cases; 5 deaths
    Nevada: 1,562 new cases (new record); 21 deaths
    Alabama: 1,556 new cases; 23 deaths
    Maryland: 1,541 new cases; 12 deaths
    South Dakota: 1,488 new cases; 28 deaths (new record)
    Tennessee: 1,373 new cases; 32 deaths
    Idaho: 1,330 new cases (new record); 8 deaths
    New Mexico: 1,284 new cases (new record); 6 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,233 new cases; 13 deaths
    Connecticut: 1,065 new cases; 15 deaths

First, a correction. Yesterday I mistakenly said that Wyoming was 3/4 the way towards getting onto my list with a new record. That was actually Oregon...and they nearly hit the same number again today. Wyoming, on the other hand, just barely missed getting on my list with a new record of 996 which is nearly double their previous high.

That's 37 states with 1k or more new cases today. I know I've mentioned before that I may have to pick a new cutoff for my reports and depending on how things shake out next week I may just be forced to. As it stands that's still 22 states with 2k or more which is enough to give you a good picture of how fucked things are getting. There's no reason to believe it won't be worse next week. Positivity is increasing nearly everywhere and only a few states are still managing to keep it below the 5% "maximum". I know I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but this is before Election Day spikes even come into it. We're going off the rails on a COVID train. Crazy, but that's how it goes. Millions of people living as foes.

Texas has hit 1 million new cases (or "will hit" if you follow different sources). The US as a whole has passed 10 million. Tomorrow is a Saturday so the count should be lower than today, but I would not be surprised if it ended up even higher just from the way this is escalating. The number of new records is fairly depressing (there were several I didn't list from states that don't make my cut). What's more depressing, however, is that the new records for death totals have started coming in. There will be many more of them.

1,248 deaths is over 250 more than last Friday. The total is now 242,230. 36 states with double-digit totals. Texas with three figures again. A couple other states are probably going to join them in 3-digit territory in the next week or so.

Related news:

Top Wisconsin health official resigns amid spike in coronavirus cases--When the going gets tough--quit?

Poll workers facing dual threat of COVID-19, potential violence--These guys sincerely deserve a lot of love for the shit they're dealing with. And will continue to get.

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Says COVID 'Coming after All of Us' as Cases in State Skyrocket--Nice of him to wait until after the election to highlight the threat, no?

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-07 at 02:50 AM.

Don't think I'd blame her. WI legislature and SC basically said she can't do anything (or more accurately, that the Gov can't enforce her suggestions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I knew why my state is on fire. It's nerve-wracking.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Population density in chicago and the proximity of that large city to wisconsin, which doesn't have a mask mandate. You also have other populations centers (the quad cities and st louis) next to states that also don't have mask mandates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Illinois was doing great until a couple of weeks ago. My theory is that the suburbs/rural areas (and Chicago) finally became overwhelmed by the miasma from surrounding states, particularly from bordering Wisconsin. Once it got into the larger cities like Chicago/Springfield/Rockford that's probably all it took. I have no county-by-county breakdown to back that up, though. Just a hunch.

Concering the lincoln project, which Trumps actions created.

I love how the Lincoln project choose to ignore that their beloved Reagan ended the Fairness Doctrine, which removal partly led to the polarized state of media and propagandalike state of Fox News and other rightwing news in particular.

A 'real' republican president ended the law which would have prevented the spreading of misinformation and outright lies which plague certain media outlets.
    Ever since Nixon truth and decency hold no value for most Republican party members, in fact it has only gone downhill from his time onward.
    There is a straight line from him to W Bush 'weapons of mass destruction in Iraq' to Trump.
    Trump is not an anomaly for the Republican party, merely the most extreme form it's current 50 year old path have led to.

If they choose to ignore or be blind to the fact that the election of Trump and his cadre of sycophants are latest expressions of what began with Nixon,and dont analyze the past with critical eyes.
    How will they then ever be able to effect any changes regarding the Republican party if they arent honest with the process which led to its current state? Gerrymandering for example is as we know not a new thing, and making it harder for certain groups have been going on since Bush vs Gore
    Last edited by ProudSecularHumanist; 2020-11-07 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ll be many more of them.

1,248 deaths is over 250 more than last Friday
    So, that seven-day average is going to pass 1,000 isn't it?

So, that seven-day average is going to pass 1,000 isn't it?
    It's at about 950 today...so yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's Chief of Staff tests positive.

EDIT: Shit, forgot the good stuff.

Mark Meadows tests positive for coronavirus

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive for the coronavirus, an official familiar with the matter confirmed late Friday.

The chief of staff is the latest high-ranking White House official to test positive for the highly-contagious virus. It was not immediately clear when he first tested positive, but he was last seen at Trump campaign headquarters in Arlington, Va., on Tuesday afternoon. He was not wearing a mask.

Meadows was frequently in close proximity to President Trump when the president had his own bout with the virus last month.

Meadows's diagnosis was first reported by Bloomberg News, which said that campaign aide Nick Trainer had also tested positive.
    Developing story. Let's see who else gets sick, because Team Trump still has feet without bullet holes in them.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-11-07 at 04:27 AM.