10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    idk, ask him. He's got like a whole special on Netflix about it, or some extremely ironic shit like that.
    You mean the letterman thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I find it funny how people who supposedly fight the profiling are all too happy to do that themselves.

Trump "cult" is same thing as Bernie "cult" - a small amount of die-hard fans. Branding 70 million people that voted Trump as a "cult" is ridiculous. People voted Trump because they don't want to "defund the police" or because they don't want economic recovery to tank or a bunch of other reasons that are not necessarily "racist" or "bigoted" or another bunch of profiling crap other side tries to brand them with.

I think it's important that some people finally recognize that reality, instead of keeping insisting that Republican voters are some hive-mind cult.

There is no war of the worlds here, a lot of Trump votes are the usual - "it's the economy, stupid" from perfectly normal rank and file voters.
    And how much of what they believe that Trump actually did to their benefit is real? What can uniquely be accredited to his doing? Very little if i look back.

No they aren't all racists but a good segment do believe that America means White and American means Caucasian.

What if those tax cuts weren't spend for the majority on the wealthy but on the lower to middle class instead? All i have seen here was Trump taking over a working economy from Obama who did the ground work. Trump couldn't get a budget passed. Same goes for the Stimulus check might want to see who cashed in the biggest there amount there per person or company.

Defunding the police isn't about simply removing them all, that's a story they spun from it. What is true is that there's too much power going to the police and their unions who are suppose to police themselves. Something that clearly does not work as they protect their own. Yes a spot light should be put on the police and yes it is going to hurt some people and districts that's the only way to clean this up.

So yes as a conservative those who voted Trump i do question a whole lot of things about their believes and moral compass.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    No they aren't all racists but a good segment do believe that America means White and American means Caucasian.
    Just as a good segment of Biden voters would all be too happy to go full hammer and sickle, then?

You don't have to convince me, you will have to convince a good chunk of these 70m in 2022 and 2024, there won't be a big bad orange man next time around and I'd be very concerned about that given the outcome of President/Senate/House races as is.

My point is the same I'm making here for years. The kingmakers are those in the middle who can vote either way and they don't really take kindly to bullshit of either side. This is something to take note of.

Well, Biden might not have to replace many people seeing as Trump is starting to clean house anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Trump dropped 3 agency heads in the days following the election, amid reports that more departures could be coming

President Donald Trump dropped three agency heads in the days after the election, NPR reported.
    The ousted agency leaders include: Neil Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration; and Bonnie Glick, deputy administrator of the US Agency for International Development.
    The departures came amid speculation that other agency heads and government officials may be fired or resign from the Trump administration, including FBI Director Chris Wray and Defense Secretary Mark Esper.
    Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
    President Donald Trump dropped three agency heads in the days after the election, NPR reported.

The ousted agency leaders include: Neil Chatterjee, chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration; and Bonnie Glick, deputy administrator of the US Agency for International Development.

The departures came amid speculation that other agency heads and government officials may be fired or resign from the Trump administration, including FBI Director Chris Wray and Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

Chatterjee, a former aide to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, announced on Twitter Thursday that he would no longer be the chairman of FERC, an agency that regulates electricity, natural gas, and oil pipelines, but would remain on as a commissioner.

Chatterjee, who took efforts in his role to promote renewable energy, reportedly said in an interview with the Washington Post that he thinks he may have been "demoted for my independence" in regards to climate change.

Gordon-Hagerty, who led the agency that oversees the US nuclear weapons stockpile, resigned on Friday. Sources reportedly told Bloomberg that she resigned after Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette's office told her Trump no longer believed in her ability to do the job.

In a statement, Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma, a Republican who serves as chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, praised Gordon-Hagerty and criticised Brouillette for pushing her out.

"That the Secretary of Energy effectively demanded her resignation during this time of uncertainty demonstrates he doesn't know what he's doing in national security matters and shows a complete lack of respect for the semi-autonomous nature of NNSA," the statement read.

Glick, who led the agency responsible for foreign aid and development assistance, was terminated in a letter on Friday after refusing to resign, according to The Washington Post.

Her former agency, USAID, released a statement the same day announcing it was Glick's last day and praising her work. The statement also said the president had designated John Barsa as the Acting Deputy Administrator of USAID.

The White House did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on the departures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I think he complains about being blackballed after the whole comedy central thing.
    Has he? I feel like he has a better career with more control since. His first SNL was a hit. His Netflix specials are his art with minimal corporate interjection. A lot of comedians prefer the freedom he has on road while still making a nice chunk of change.

The worse thing he got from breaking from CC is no longer being in movies or Viacom TV. I don't think he misses it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    idk, ask him. He's got like a whole special on Netflix about it, or some extremely ironic shit like that.
    He wasn't canceled. He was was one of the first entertainers to put on an successful show during the pandemic...and he dude it without his event being a super spreader event.

Also SNL doesn't seem to care. They put Kanye on after he told them to kiss his ass. Bill Burr and Chapelle should be completely off their radar but the producers seem to be able to take jokes even if they are on the receiving end
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-11-08 at 10:16 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

When can we get some Trump phone recordings from the White House? I need something to replace LBJ ordering pants and talking about his nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Those "sheeples" are made up primarily of white, elderly, rural and/or uneducated people. All demographics that are shrinking, relative to the population. And while people will continue to get older, they wont be riding the hard-line ultra-conservative, ultra-religious viewpoints of today's republican party.

The United States wont be ended by a bunch of racist old hicks. It didn't happen in 1860s, it's not going to happen in the future.

Also, I think it might be quite fitting when Biden takes office to close this thread and place a punctuation mark on this sad stain in American History. Perhaps a "Covid in America" thread could then handle those relevant breakdowns. Any subsequent Trump bullshit could be consigned to another, post-any-pretense-of-legitimacy-Trump thread.
    Already got you covered
    Trump Shitshow *sigh* Focused Discussion thread for all your Trump, non-election chat

Edit: and thought we were in the election thread....I think I need more sleep.
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-11-08 at 10:40 AM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

Oh growing up the South among a bunch of 'my heritage' wannabe history ignoring Confederates, I love hitting them with math.

The first slave shits came to the US in the 1600s, the last one in the 1830s or so. So that's roughly 2 hundred years of Black Americans in the US BEFORE the slave ships stopped coming over and the population being solely being completely born and raised in the US. The vast majority at the very least least has known American ancestry that goes back nearly 200 years. I say at the very very least but that assuming a pure line that never mixed with other other ones, impossible.

Not statically speaking, most white families did not immigrate to the US until AFTER the 1860s. That's after the Civil War, after the 'glorious' South defeated. Also meaning on average white lineages have been in the US a whole lot less than black ones. So who is 'more American'?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, Biden might not have to replace many people seeing as Trump is starting to clean house anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    At this point the spiders in the walls will have been in the White House longer than most of Trump's people.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Those "sheeples" are made up primarily of white, elderly, rural and/or uneducated people. All demographics that are shrinking, relative to the population. And while people will continue to get older, they wont be riding the hard-line ultra-conservative, ultra-religious viewpoints of today's republican party.

The United States wont be ended by a bunch of racist old hicks. It didn't happen in 1860s, it's not going to happen in the future.

Also, I think it might be quite fitting when Biden takes office to close this thread and place a punctuation mark on this sad stain in American History. Perhaps a "Covid in America" thread could then handle those relevant breakdowns. Any subsequent Trump bullshit could be consigned to another, post-any-pretense-of-legitimacy-Trump thread.
    Been hearing that for over a decade. Trumpkins went from 63 million to 71 million in 4 years. Where's the shrinking? Oh, relative to population you say? Well, we can hope, but I guess we can check that too -> US population in 2016: 323M. US population in 2020: 331M. Now, unless my math is off, it's an increase of roughly 2.5% in 4 years. Now, shall we compare the increase of Trumpkins in 4 years? 63M to 71M is....12.7% Or 5 times the increase compared to population in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    71 million cult members? You think everyone that supports Trump acts like he does? A lot of people just voted for him because of the economy, and then other reasons as well like rioting, and the defund the police movement. If everyone that supports Trump is a cult member then everyone that supports Biden is a rioter. See how ridiculous that sounds?
    The economy that Trump single handedly destroyed? Or some nonsense conspiracies? That's your best defence? That the voters are simply stupid? Sorry, as I said, that might have flown BEFORE 4 years of Trump presidency, aka, the first time around, but will not fly again as sole excuse. They may be stupid, but they are also full cultists.

Yes, I see how ridiculous you sound in comparing 4 years of Trump presidency to....wait, how many years of Biden presidency? That's right, none whatsoever. Here's free unsolicited advice: If one doesn't want to be known as cultist, then the easiest way is to simply stop being one. Bullshitting everyone about not being one isn't the only way.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-11-08 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

71 million cult members? You think everyone that supports Trump acts like he does? A lot of people just voted for him because of the economy, and then other reasons as well like rioting, and the defund the police movement. If everyone that supports Trump is a cult member then everyone that supports Biden is a rioter. See how ridiculous that sounds?
    No. You cannot “both sides” this.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Chappelle is going hard on rural white folk on SNL.
    There's a lot of drywall that's really scared in the midwest right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    71 million cult members? You think everyone that supports Trump acts like he does?
    *clears throat* Yes... my anecdotal evidence is my parents and how their political views shifted by trusting Trump. Here are examples:

A lot of people just voted for him because of the economy
    Who should these people blame for trusting Trump, over reality? We had a booming economy, with 4.6 unemployment. While Trump succeeded in claiming that he was the only truth and economy was in shambles with 45% unemployment. Why did these people trust Trump, instead of reality? What changed the last 2 days? Trump became Van Helsing, trying to stop the count?

and then other reasons as well like rioting
    This is the best part... I have two points here...

My parents in NYC, trusted Trump about riots, despite coming back from Manhattan several times and saying they were lucky to not run into antifa. To this day asking me daily if antifa is near where I live in Seattle... every fucking day... in the real world, my job literally gave us all a sick day, because Seattle businesses, supported the protestors!!! My Facebook feed was filled with real life friends and coworkers strolling CHAZ with their kids.

Second, who is president while these ‘riots’ are ongoing? When they scream 4 more years, what is going to change from Trump’s tact, to stop infighting ‘riots’? On what planet, is electing the same president that presided over one of the largest protests in American history, is a rational move? If you don’t like these ‘riots’ how is electing the same president as you had during these ‘riots’ a solution? How the fuck does Trump always fail upwards... Trump failed to address protestors for half the year... No president has been worse than that... Trump failed, yet 4 more years to stop ‘riots’? Sounds like it’s in Trump’s best interest to do nothing or make riots worse.

and the defund the police movement.
    When has Biden said to defund the police? When did former DA that Trump donated money to, said to defund the police? Trump’s plan is to do nothing, but drape him self in fake support for police, just like he does with the flag. Biden will increase police budgets, but make them contingent on training and maintaining protocols.

This defund the police shit, is not Biden or Harris, that is Trump lying. In the same breath Trump claims Biden’s criminal justice reform is too harsh, the next is that he wants to defund police? While you tell me the issue is something other than Trump?

If everyone that supports Trump is a cult member then everyone that supports Biden is a rioter. See how ridiculous that sounds?
    Antifa doesn’t support Biden... this is a reflection of the lies Trump cult believes. Your ‘rioters’ hate Harris and Biden, due to their record. Trump cult fears them, because Trump made them ignore the record.

I know you are in the bubble... but, the left’s sentiment is that we party on hopium through the weekend, then we take down Biden.

Edit: You don’t have to ask the left to not make Trump supporters cry... we don’t exist to drink their tears...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-08 at 02:14 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Or, depending on who they are and why they were fired, maybe they just need to sit tight a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and four other staffers test positive for COVID-19

Four additional White House staffers, who have not been named, have also tested positive for the virus, CBS News confirmed Saturday. The Trump campaign's director of battleground strategy, Nick Trainer, also tested positive this week, according to a senior Trump campaign official.
    I think we know why Pence is hiding.

I find it funny how people who supposedly fight the profiling are all too happy to do that themselves.

Trump "cult" is same thing as Bernie "cult" - a small amount of die-hard fans. Branding 70 million people that voted Trump as a "cult" is ridiculous. People voted Trump because they don't want to "defund the police" or because they don't want economic recovery to tank or a bunch of other reasons that are not necessarily "racist" or "bigoted" or another bunch of profiling crap other side tries to brand them with.

I think it's important that some people finally recognize that reality, instead of keeping insisting that Republican voters are some hive-mind cult.

There is no war of the worlds here, a lot of Trump votes are the usual - "it's the economy, stupid" from perfectly normal rank and file voters.
    Call me when you guys stop referring to 80 million people as:
    Communists
    Libtards
    Socialists
    N-words
    F-words
    SJWs
    Soybois
    Betas
    Cucks
    Or any number fo other insults.

Then we can talk about why supporting an open and out racist for President, often makes one a racist as well.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Call me when you guys stop referring to 80 million people as:
    Wait, I thought it was "fuck your feelings"? I seem to remember a lot of "fuck your feelings" around 2016...

Wait, no, I was thinking 2020.

Yes, Trump supporters who are upset about being labeled based on their behavior and the behavior of their leader, unless they publicly refuted it, are demonstrating they are hypocrites. And hypocrites don't get to dictate how other people act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, I thought it was "fuck your feelings"? I seem to remember a lot of "fuck your feelings" around 2016...

Wait, no, I was thinking 2020.

Yes, Trump supporters who are upset about being labeled based on their behavior and the behavior of their leader, unless they publicly refuted it, are demonstrating they are hypocrites. And hypocrites don't get to dictate how other people act.
    Well, it's the country you will have to live in then...

I'm just a foreign onlooker.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    The ‘Fuck Your Feelings’ Crowd Wants a Pity Party for Trump

Written Oct 5. Paywall, but the headline is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just a foreign onlooker.
    There are three competing statements here.
    A) Don't label people.
    B) Don't label people by their words and actions.
    C) Don't label people with their words and action, when they have made a point of labelling others.

Sorry, but I draw the line at A. If someone wants to spend four years calling people names, then suddenly say "oh those names, they hurt, you're bad for calling me names" I will either refuse, or shrug and find some sticks and stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are three competing statements here.
    A) Don't label people.
    B) Don't label people by their words and actions.
    C) Don't label people with their words and action, when they have made a point of labelling others.

Sorry, but I draw the line at A. If someone wants to spend four years calling people names, then suddenly say "oh those names, they hurt, you're bad for calling me names" I will either refuse, or shrug and find some sticks and stones.
    I mean, you say that after this whole Clinton's "deplorables" catch-phrase thing? That's rich.

The blue side hardly has the moral superiority there. I think you guys and gals need to do a bit of soul searching there and figure out just where it really went wrong and how to fix this, instead of having this silly wheel of gloating going rotating every 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you say that after this whole Clinton's "deplorables" catch-phrase thing?
    Yes.

Clinton was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Clinton was right.
    Haha, comedy gold.

Keep up the good fight then! I'll just stock on popcorn as usual.